Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 02-08-2014, 02:59 PM   #1121
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,894 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

45 minute spirited walk with the pooch.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2014, 07:38 PM   #1122
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,744 Times in 5,090 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

Tell us more about how to use the Fitbit if you don't mind. Curious to hear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by o222Good View Post
My fiance Sharon gave me a Fitbit 1 for Christmas. I have been
using it to track my activity apart from my regular exercise.
So, I average 6,000 to 8,000 steps a day, and to my surprise,
I average walking UP 15 to 20 flights of stairs a day! Oh, but
this is while I am working and not on the weekends.
I can also see that I definitely do not sleep enough and I don't
drink enough water.

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2014, 07:46 PM   #1123
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

My participation in basketball today was sketchy at best because the school gym felt like a sauna today, and I just wasn't into working up a sweat in an already stuffy environment. High fives to my visiting friend from Ohio, Lisa, who not only played basketball but also played a mean game of dodgeball with the kids. While I did play basketball, I spent most of my time blocking Lisa which I think annoyed the crap out of her. Sorry, but I felt it was the best way I could help my team.

Afterwards, Lisa went to see some relatives, and I went to the gym. I did an hour on the Arc Trainer and then 30 minutes of weight lifting and yoga. I left feeling very much at peace.

How do I... ?
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2014, 07:52 PM   #1124
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

I've missed your tennis posts, glad you checked in. I struggle with the same thing. On the weekends I can do my preferred long work-out but on work days it's just too much. I try to get myself to try shorter work-outs during the work week which occasionally works, but most times it just doesn't feel fun enough to be worth it to me. Let us know how splitting things up goes for you, and good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by batennisboy View Post
I give up. This new job and everything else is making it too difficult to continue to be able to do the 3-hr workouts. I've tried and tried and it's just too nuts. Have to adjust. Going to try splitting things up and see how it goes.

How do I... ?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2014, 08:59 PM   #1125
batennisboy

How Do You Identify?:
Queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
In love with the fuzzy yellow objects of my affection.

batennisboy Has the BEST Reputationbatennisboy Has the BEST Reputationbatennisboy Has the BEST Reputationbatennisboy Has the BEST Reputationbatennisboy Has the BEST Reputationbatennisboy Has the BEST Reputationbatennisboy Has the BEST Reputationbatennisboy Has the BEST Reputationbatennisboy Has the BEST Reputationbatennisboy Has the BEST Reputationbatennisboy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger View Post
The Mayo CLinic recommends 150 aerobic or 75 intense aerobic, and two sessions of strength training a week. Which makes like 30 minutes of exercise a day.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/exercise/e...s/faq-20057916

I don't know if people consider them a good source or what your fitness goals are, but I think if you check around, three hours a day is way over what most sources recommend.

It's so fun to exercise, and feels so good, I wish we all could do three hours a day. I wish I could too. I understand your frustration.

I don't do 3 hours of aerobic when I work out; my 3 hours include stretching and weights as well. I have never really enjoyed going to the gym - I prefer sports any day. But the gym is necessary for me to continue to play sports, so I accept I have to go and do what I have to twice a week.
batennisboy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to batennisboy For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2014, 09:06 PM   #1126
batennisboy

How Do You Identify?:
Queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
In love with the fuzzy yellow objects of my affection.

batennisboy Has the BEST Reputationbatennisboy Has the BEST Reputationbatennisboy Has the BEST Reputationbatennisboy Has the BEST Reputationbatennisboy Has the BEST Reputationbatennisboy Has the BEST Reputationbatennisboy Has the BEST Reputationbatennisboy Has the BEST Reputationbatennisboy Has the BEST Reputationbatennisboy Has the BEST Reputationbatennisboy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post
I've missed your tennis posts, glad you checked in. I struggle with the same thing. On the weekends I can do my preferred long work-out but on work days it's just too much. I try to get myself to try shorter work-outs during the work week which occasionally works, but most times it just doesn't feel fun enough to be worth it to me. Let us know how splitting things up goes for you, and good luck.

Yeah, I'm still adjusting to my new job and everything else, just the thought of spending just about the entire evening working out is just too daunting at this point. As much as I don't particularly going to the gym, I do enjoy laying it all out and my sweat-soaked tee after. I will check back for sure. Thanks!
batennisboy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to batennisboy For This Useful Post:
Old 02-09-2014, 07:39 PM   #1127
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,777 Times in 25,666 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Today was my first day off in 10 days so I was a happy girl this morning when I hopped on the treadmill for more than a quick minute, sandwiched between a military guy running his heart out and a speed walking granny type. They provided a positive environment, even though I typically don't choose machines that are so close to others. I had fun!

65 minutes total, random program, levels 5-12. I broke a decent sweat and torched a hair under 400 calories. It was a nice morning.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2014, 09:04 PM   #1128
o222Good

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Married

o222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

Today we're having a snowstorm wintery mix rain snowstorm. BAHH!

I walked 7500 steps, which comes to a little over 3 miles.
I climbed 25 flights of stairs.
But... I only slept 4 and a half hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post
Tell us more about how to use the Fitbit if you don't mind. Curious to hear.
Well, Jennifer, I use the Fitbit 1, which I carry in my pants pocket. Sharon has one and she uses a clip it comes with to clip it inside her bra, as she usually hasn't got pockets. You can track any or many things. I will just list them.
The tracker will automatically record:
steps
miles
flights of stairs (13 steps)
active minutes
sleep (including quality)

You can log the following:
weight
calories
fat
fiber
carbs
sodium
protein
heart rate
blood pressure
glucose
water consumption

I had been tracking all of my food and water consumption, and all of the automatic data. But I've taken a break from tracking food, because I've done it for years and sort of can do it now without even thinking! I think this is a really great device. My present goals, since New Years, are to sleep more and to drink more water. It's pretty funny that I am failing miserably!

I hope I've answered your questions Jenn!
o222Good is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to o222Good For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2014, 10:00 PM   #1129
mplsgrrl

How Do You Identify?:
low-maintenance femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her
Relationship Status:
single

mplsgrrl Has the BEST Reputationmplsgrrl Has the BEST Reputationmplsgrrl Has the BEST Reputationmplsgrrl Has the BEST Reputationmplsgrrl Has the BEST Reputationmplsgrrl Has the BEST Reputationmplsgrrl Has the BEST Reputationmplsgrrl Has the BEST Reputationmplsgrrl Has the BEST Reputationmplsgrrl Has the BEST Reputationmplsgrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Yogaaaaaa... It was lovely!

Tomorrow's plans: run on the 'mill in the AM and Body Pump in the PM. One of these two for sure!

V-Day is tomorrow... I haven't been on this site in months... and am happy to see this thread! This single lady loves an athletic person (and is working to be athletic herself)! :-)
mplsgrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mplsgrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2014, 10:08 PM   #1130
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,894 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Shoveling my driveway. 14 or so inches of dense snow!

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2014, 10:21 PM   #1131
fatallyblonde

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her

fatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputation

I managed to drag my dimpled arse to the gym today, which is a major triumph because I so didn't want to. As usual, I feel heaps better after going. I THINK maybe I turned a corner this week and will resume progress with my weight loss. I am setting very small daily goals for myself and only focusing on each day as it comes and it seems to be keeping me on track. Have been hula hooping up a storm with the surprised and unintentional side effect of being able to throw some tricks now I always had trouble with when I hooped a few years ago. Weird, I find, but fascinating how the body stores memory so long... I have noticed this with a few things... even if you couldn't do something in the past but trained towards doing it... then didn't do it for a long while... when you go back to it, the body seems to just take that leap forward from where you left off. So cool!
fatallyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to fatallyblonde For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2014, 10:32 PM   #1132
ProfPacker

How Do You Identify?:
butch/MOC
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy/hym/hys but in circumstances like work and some other places she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 4,816 Times in 1,187 Posts
ProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST Reputation

Feel like the weather and new responsibilities at work have interfered with gym. Since my main thing is swimming I have been trying to go to gym at night to swim after 8 pm when lessons and families leave the lanes clear. I wanted to doc weights in the AM before work on the days I don't swim but I have to rethink times. Not giving up. Was off yesterday and swam for 1.5 hours but then went and bought a pie for snow storm comfort, lol. Will try to get to gym tomorrow if roads are clear.
ProfPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ProfPacker For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2014, 04:48 AM   #1133
TagHeuer_07

How Do You Identify?:
Just me
Relationship Status:
Not lookng for relationship

TagHeuer_07 Has the BEST ReputationTagHeuer_07 Has the BEST ReputationTagHeuer_07 Has the BEST ReputationTagHeuer_07 Has the BEST ReputationTagHeuer_07 Has the BEST ReputationTagHeuer_07 Has the BEST ReputationTagHeuer_07 Has the BEST ReputationTagHeuer_07 Has the BEST ReputationTagHeuer_07 Has the BEST ReputationTagHeuer_07 Has the BEST ReputationTagHeuer_07 Has the BEST Reputation

i lost few weight from long walking it doesnt matter how far u go
TagHeuer_07 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TagHeuer_07 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2014, 05:53 AM   #1134
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,777 Times in 25,666 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Like Dapper, the storms and snow have been providing my workouts lately. Shoveling, shoveling and more shoveling. Don't forget climbing mountains of snow and ice as well as my store's 14 ft cargo truck, trying to get all the sheets of ice off the roof of it. One of them came down hard and hit my thumbnail. Such a pretty color! Not.

I had to hand dig out my gate but it's functional now. Yay! With all of yesterday's rain, I'm also doing water work outs as I trudge through the surprisingly deep puddles. Nowhere for the water to go because the old snow and ice is backed up too much and covers the natural flow path of it.

Today I get to test the roads on my weekly jaunt to the bank. If I hit an ice patch, I'll get some ab work in as my gut clenches up tight.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2014, 06:55 AM   #1135
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,445 Times in 6,888 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

I had to lol.....my fellow north easterners know...as well as I do...shoveling is great cardio....
walking in snow is also good exercise...as i found out yesterday...while trying to obtain food of the breakfast variety a mere .25 mile from home...
I did yoga yesterday....and will likely do so again today....its a good burn
Old 02-14-2014, 11:17 AM   #1136
ProfPacker

How Do You Identify?:
butch/MOC
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
single

ProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST Reputation

Ok, here goes... off to gym. Do I have stamina for cardio, machines and some swimming. We will see... if snow comes aging tomorrow probably won't be going to gym... so get it in while ya can, right? Yup
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ProfPacker For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2014, 01:22 PM   #1137
Daktari

Cycling against the gathering wind storm.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2014, 06:51 PM   #1138
ProfPacker

How Do You Identify?:
butch/MOC
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
single

had stamina yesterday and today for some cardio, machines and swimming. yay. Added plus of doing cardio and machines: swimming is becoming easier, actually no effort to swim an hour at all, only get out when I think someone wants the lane
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ProfPacker For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2014, 07:53 PM   #1139
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

I am just starting my winter break and looking forward to finally getting some good gym time in. Today I did two hours on the Arc Trainer, Level 10 (1st hour- strength, 2nd hour, hill interval), then 30 min. on the Stair Master (Interval, 40/50), and then 1 hour of weight lifting, abs, and yoga.

How do I... ?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2014, 07:55 PM   #1140
ProfPacker

How Do You Identify?:
butch/MOC
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
single

Winter breaks are great for rejuvenating. Have fun
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ProfPacker For This Useful Post:

Tags
exercise, weights