Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > RELATIONSHIPS, COMMUNITY, GROUPS > Finding Your People - Special Groups

Finding Your People - Special Groups Are you a member of AA? Neurodiverse? a Vegan? Find your people here!

Old 01-20-2010, 10:29 AM   #101
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 10,138 Times in 2,161 Posts
amiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Would someone please go into detail about what cinna chroms are. thank you

A year from now you will wish that you started today~Karen Lamb
amiyesiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 12:02 PM   #102
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diavolo View Post
I don't have fibro but I saw an article yesterday about the relationship of carbs, nightshades, sugar and fibro myalgia. Interesting that this morning you post a personal experience that reflects what I read in the article yesterday.

I've found as I get older, my brain still thinks I'm 16. As I get weight off my body starts to deliver on that mindset. Just remember what the white rabbit said or was that Grace Slick... You're only as pretty as you feel inside.
Could you post a link to the article? Please.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 12:26 PM   #103
Lady Jewel

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Lady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST Reputation

Thats a GREAT idea Hey I have a quesion for the people that are actually going to join the group...what are your feelings about maybe having a 12 step weight loss program here? Just an idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canmarielan View Post
WOW.....

I love this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think I might actually be able to make the first one!!!!

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, I've decided to spice it up a bit....I will ask a question here. Everyone work on their answer and we can discuss it in chat on thursdays. Then, After we are done with chat we can post what we learned from each other.

Anyone else interested??

Here's the question for this week.

How is your life negatively affected by your weight?

I think if we all discuss these things....if we realize what truely is happening to us....what we are doing to our bodies......we will be able to move forward with the knowledge that we can improve those things. Sharing with others may help us become more comfortable talking out things...instead of keeping everything inside. Like on the Biggest Loser tonight.....I learned you have to work THROUGH your feelings....not push them aside.
Lady Jewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 01:42 PM   #104
PinkieLee

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
I need ya boo, gotta see ya boo

Thanked 13,086 Times in 3,051 Posts
PinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST Reputation

((((Candace)))))

Honey, I am soooooo proud of you for making such positive lifestyle changes. I KNOW how hard it is to get motivated to lose weight with modifying our diet & exercise routines (lordy knows I've been there more times than I care to mention)! You are making some amazing progress and I want you to keep up the good work.

I must admit that YOU and so many others here, have encouraged me to make some changes of my own. THANK YOU for reaching out to your friends and family here and helping us all to focus on our health!

I love you gorgeous!

xoxox
PinkieLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 03:17 PM   #105
Diavolo

How Do You Identify?:
Butch

Diavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkey View Post
Could you post a link to the article? Please.
Sure can!

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar...o-Avoid--.aspx
Diavolo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Diavolo For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2010, 04:58 PM   #106
Spirit Dancer

How Do You Identify?:
Complex but Tender
Preferred Pronoun?:
~Ma`am~
Relationship Status:
Shotgun Rider

Thanked 12,952 Times in 3,466 Posts
Spirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiyesiam View Post
Would someone please go into detail about what cinna chroms are. thank you
http://www.bodykind.com/product.asp?...38&ProdID=2003

it's actually Cinnamon with chromium picolinate, there is an article with the link
Spirit Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spirit Dancer For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2010, 05:18 PM   #107
Lady Jewel

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Lady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST Reputation

Hey thanks for the link, but do you know if there is a US equivalent??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit Dancer View Post
http://www.bodykind.com/product.asp?...38&ProdID=2003

it's actually Cinnamon with chromium picolinate, there is an article with the link
Lady Jewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 05:22 PM   #108
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

amiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Jewel View Post
that was my next question!

Old 01-20-2010, 06:34 PM   #109
Spirit Dancer

How Do You Identify?:
Complex but Tender
Preferred Pronoun?:
~Ma`am~
Relationship Status:
Shotgun Rider

Spirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by amiyesiam View Post
that was my next question!
opps sorry about that i believe GNC carries it,mine is bought here locally at a vitamin shoppe. i was only using that link for the article.
Old 01-20-2010, 06:39 PM   #110
Spirit Dancer

How Do You Identify?:
Complex but Tender
Preferred Pronoun?:
~Ma`am~
Relationship Status:
Shotgun Rider

http://www.drugstore.com/qxp162658_3...nnamon_60s.htm
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spirit Dancer For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2010, 11:00 PM   #111
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Thanked 28,130 Times in 6,413 Posts
Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation

I got my CinnaChrom at Sam's.

I HATE LOATHE AND DESPISE thedailyplate.com Stupid thing has made me aware that even though I don't eat a lot of sweets, I do ingest a lot of sugar.

BAH
Arwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 04:46 AM   #112
canmarielan

How Do You Identify?:
Loud mouth, big hair, spunky Texas Femme lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
It's a SHE!!!!
Relationship Status:
PKCL0204

Thanked 1,134 Times in 326 Posts
canmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by christie0918 View Post
Yesterday was my first full day back on my "no carb" system. Yay me.

Today, my fibro IS ramped down! Yay me again. I don't know if its really the absence of carbs or if its just that its early in the day - I don't really care which, I'll take it either way.

My 40th bday is looming and I have been working towards being at my goal weight by then. I call it the "17 with an ass that wouldn't quit" body. For me, its really not about the number on the scale but more how I feel when I look in that mirror every morning. Its about how GOOD I physically felt then, the energy levels that I had, etc.

I know that I can't possibly recapture that 17 again - I want to be BETTER than I was - I don't want the next decade of my life to be "shoulda woulda coulda" because my body at the heavier weights wouldn't allow me to do what I wanted.
I totally agree. I can't wait to FEEL 25....instead of being 25 and feeling 80....my ankle is killing me the last few days and I know it's just b/c I'm working out and my poor joints have gone through so much already.

I can't wait to be able to dance until the sun comes up again.....

Quote:
Thats a GREAT idea Hey I have a quesion for the people that are actually going to join the group...what are your feelings about maybe having a 12 step weight loss program here? Just an idea.
I'm down with everyone doing what works for them. I will be supportive whatever you all choose

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkieLee View Post
((((Candace)))))

Honey, I am soooooo proud of you for making such positive lifestyle changes. I KNOW how hard it is to get motivated to lose weight with modifying our diet & exercise routines (lordy knows I've been there more times than I care to mention)! You are making some amazing progress and I want you to keep up the good work.

I must admit that YOU and so many others here, have encouraged me to make some changes of my own. THANK YOU for reaching out to your friends and family here and helping us all to focus on our health!

I love you gorgeous!

xoxox

I love you too sista!!!

I'm cannot wait until the next time we all see each other. We will be happier and healthier

So, guys...I have to say this with the utmost seriousness. You all are the reason for my success. Every day I log on here and find the support and accountability I need. Without it I would surely fail. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart

On a lighter less mushy note, I found that anything you can crave you can find low cal. These evening I REALLY wanted pizza....looked up a recipe in my biggest loser cookbook. We had thin and cripsy barbeque chicken pizza. It was fabulous!!!!!

Oh...and I weighed today on the scale I weighed on the very first time (the one at work) I was 392.0 on tuesday january 5th, 2010. Today...on wednesday January 20, 2010 I weigh....

That's 12.2 lbs in 2 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YAY~!
canmarielan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to canmarielan For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2010, 05:43 AM   #113
canmarielan

How Do You Identify?:
Loud mouth, big hair, spunky Texas Femme lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
It's a SHE!!!!
Relationship Status:
PKCL0204

Thanked 1,134 Times in 326 Posts
canmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputation

1-5-10

1-20-10
canmarielan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to canmarielan For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2010, 06:50 AM   #114
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,178 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Candace Louise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so proud of you!!!!!

WOO HOO!!! I guess I better get busy....or my measely little 3 lbs is gonna get left in the dust! <smiling>

WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 09:03 AM   #115
Diavolo

How Do You Identify?:
Butch

Diavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwen View Post
I got my CinnaChrom at Sam's.

I HATE LOATHE AND DESPISE thedailyplate.com Stupid thing has made me aware that even though I don't eat a lot of sweets, I do ingest a lot of sugar.

BAH
Uh, there you have it.
Old 01-21-2010, 09:08 AM   #116
Diavolo

How Do You Identify?:
Butch

Quote:
I totally agree. I can't wait to FEEL 25....instead of being 25 and feeling 80....my ankle is killing me the last few days and I know it's just b/c I'm working out and my poor joints have gone through so much already.

I can't wait to be able to dance until the sun comes up again.....

I'm down with everyone doing what works for them. I will be supportive whatever you all choose

I love you too sista!!!

I'm cannot wait until the next time we all see each other. We will be happier and healthier

So, guys...I have to say this with the utmost seriousness. You all are the reason for my success. Every day I log on here and find the support and accountability I need. Without it I would surely fail. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart

On a lighter less mushy note, I found that anything you can crave you can find low cal. These evening I REALLY wanted pizza....looked up a recipe in my biggest loser cookbook. We had thin and cripsy barbeque chicken pizza. It was fabulous!!!!!

Oh...and I weighed today on the scale I weighed on the very first time (the one at work) I was 392.0 on tuesday january 5th, 2010. Today...on wednesday January 20, 2010 I weigh....

That's 12.2 lbs in 2 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YAY~!
Well executed!
Old 01-21-2010, 11:02 AM   #117
Lips

How Do You Identify?:
Femme-inist
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Hers
Relationship Status:
Single

Lips Has the BEST ReputationLips Has the BEST ReputationLips Has the BEST ReputationLips Has the BEST ReputationLips Has the BEST ReputationLips Has the BEST ReputationLips Has the BEST ReputationLips Has the BEST ReputationLips Has the BEST ReputationLips Has the BEST ReputationLips Has the BEST Reputation
Default YAY!

Good Job Candace! That a lot of weight to lose!

Now, why haven't you called me back...hmmmmm?

www.queercomedy.blogspot.com

Watch my stand-up!

Lips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 11:40 AM   #118
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

Member Photo Albums

Congratulations Candace!!!!
that rocks

Old 01-21-2010, 03:29 PM   #119
Spirit Dancer

How Do You Identify?:
Complex but Tender
Preferred Pronoun?:
~Ma`am~
Relationship Status:
Shotgun Rider

Quote:
1-5-10

1-20-10
Old 01-21-2010, 07:11 PM   #120
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,795 Times in 25,669 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Congrats, Candace!

I so want to be able to do this at my local Y or maybe this but the only ballet classes are for children or adults who have danced for years now. I wouldn't mind doing this if they put it at a time where I could make the darn classes.

On a side note, and in celebration of Candace's poundage drop, I announce that 2 of those little suckers have left me and found their way back....well, wherever they came from.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote