Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > RELATIONSHIPS, COMMUNITY, GROUPS > Finding Your People - Special Groups

Finding Your People - Special Groups Are you a member of AA? Neurodiverse? a Vegan? Find your people here!

View Poll Results: Are you a Veteran???
I served in the Army 24 46.15%
I served in the Navy 5 9.62%
I served in the Air Force 7 13.46%
I served in the Coast Guard 1 1.92%
I'm a United States Marine 5 9.62%
I served in the Army Nat'l Guard 2 3.85%
I served in the Air National Guard 1 1.92%
I served in a Reserve Component (please specify) 3 5.77%
I served in the Armed Forces of another country 4 7.69%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-09-2012, 05:04 PM   #101
MysticOceansFL

How Do You Identify?:
Butch,
Preferred Pronoun?:
People call me by my nic name.
Relationship Status:
Not Single, Not Desperate.

Thanked 4,035 Times in 1,720 Posts
MysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Thoreau View Post
I am Air Force for life...cause once you serve in any branch of the military you are...and always will be...a veteran, many of us served prior to everyone in a uniform being called a hero.... back in the olden days, you didnt wear your uniform off base, cause it was not safe..not cause of terrorists but to protect you from having eggs thrown at you, being called a baby killer and you could fool yourself into thinking you blended in with the civilians....
Always thought it was funny watching a group of service folk walking down the sidewalk thinking they blended in as they unknowingly marched in step....

Well blessings to all veterans and current active duty military personnel all over the world and for all countries....and I highly encourage every person that is a veteran to join "veterans For Peace" www.vfp.org The only way to keep all service people alive is to keep peace by dialog not by guns

I so agree and I'm a Vet in US ARMY Intelligency communication MI

It is said, " Some lives are linked across time.....

Connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages "......
MysticOceansFL is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MysticOceansFL For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2012, 03:45 PM   #102
Dean Thoreau

How Do You Identify?:
Ftm - Male- exfemale
Preferred Pronoun?:
He’s Him
Relationship Status:
Has a gf

Dean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST Reputation

Oh and the website is:
www.veteransforpeace.org
sorry about that
Old 02-14-2012, 04:23 PM   #103
Morgan

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, hy, hym, does not matter
Relationship Status:
I am enjoying life....

Tournaments Won: 1

Thanked 1,604 Times in 411 Posts
Morgan Has the BEST ReputationMorgan Has the BEST ReputationMorgan Has the BEST ReputationMorgan Has the BEST ReputationMorgan Has the BEST ReputationMorgan Has the BEST ReputationMorgan Has the BEST ReputationMorgan Has the BEST ReputationMorgan Has the BEST ReputationMorgan Has the BEST ReputationMorgan Has the BEST Reputation

The following pictures were taken in Santa Barbara, CA and I am using them as a representation of the images ingrained in my mind, which first prompted me to go to Iraq and spend one of year of my life...I did not go there in the military, although at the time I was still serving in the Air National Guard, I went as a civilian for a large defense contractor. My job consisted of rebuilding the communication infrastructure on various bases, a nice way of saying cable dog.... which means a splicer and installer of cabling and communication equipment. I will never forget the friends and troops I met in Iraq and I am uncertain, but some of them may not have come home....

Was I scared? You can bet I was.....nothing like having bombs and rounds going off daily while sleeping, working or hanging out with your friends. Would I take that year back....NEVER....I will never forget the troops who put their lives on the line...I just would like to say Thank You to our Military and others who risked their lives......Thank You Very Much.

Would I do it again? Perhaps Afghanistan, never know where I will be......My boots are still ready.

Last edited by Morgan; 02-14-2012 at 04:25 PM.
Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Morgan For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2012, 09:07 AM   #104
theoddz

How Do You Identify?:
Old Poop
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr. Beast
Relationship Status:
Happily Married

Thanked 9,879 Times in 2,477 Posts
theoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadeest View Post
Yes, I am a 'Hollywood Marine', ya swamp fox. :P I do know the feeling. I think that a lot of the people that I served with would be rather astonished if they could see me now. lol
Nadeest, I'm so sorry to say that I haven't seen this until now. I hang my head in shame!!! LOL

You know, like you, I lost touch with so many good people I served with....many who so touched my life that I am even alive now!!! For a long, long time, I grieved for my lost friendships because I missed those Marines so much.

I'm even a Life Member of the Women Marines Association. Ya, but can you imagine the likes of ME, now, showing up at a WMA convention??? The WMA has a convention every year, and it sure looks like a wonderful time. It's usually at a different location/city each year. I think that Denver, CO, has been one of the recent spots for it, and that's within driving distance from Las Vegas, here. So many proud Women Marines of all generations, gathered together in one spirit of service, tradition and honor. As you well know, the camaraderie and loyalty to the Corps and each other spans the generations. We are one brother/sisterhood. I would so, SO love to attend the annual WMA convention, or join my local chapter of the Marine Corps League, because Las Vegas has a very proud and active local chapter of that, too. I just don't know how I'd do that. You know how old Marines are.....usually very, very conservative. I'm sure that Marines like us would go over like a fart in church with them. It's so sad, isn't it?? The Marine Corps is still so much a part of me, and I'd like to embrace it as a proud Marine Veteran, but I feel that I'm locked out of that. It really makes me so sad. Do you ever feel that way about it?? I guess it's one of those "losses" they say is so common when we transition.

Well, fast forward to recent years. The good news is that, after 30+ years, Facebook has allowed me to find and reconnect with some of the good women I served with. I have had the enormous good fortune to have reconnected with one dear friend who, 30+ years ago, quite literally saved my life from alcoholism. Her friendship and loyalty redirected my life away from the bottle, literally saving my young life from so much grief and trouble. I still can recollect her words to me from all those years ago. Well, when we made contact again, after all that time, it didn't matter one speck to her that I'm now a fully transitioned man. In fact, during the years she and I had lost touch, she actually married a transman and they had a son together, via artificial insemination. Her son looks just like her, and he's such a fine, smart, decent man now.....a real testament to what a wonderful person my friend is!! She and the transguy divorced, but A recently married a really nice and wonderful woman, whom I really like and respect. A couldn't have found a better fit and partner than D. They are both blessed.

Anyway, it's like the years we were lost to each other just melted away, and we're just as close now as we were then. I can pick up the phone and call her, share jokes and pictures with her on FB, tell her anything and laugh like a pair of hyenas with her about things that happened yesterday or 30 years ago!!! G-d bless my dear friend, A!!! G-d bless that marvelous bond we share. Thank G-d she saved and touched my life so profoundly. Life is so much fuller with good friends in it. I'm so lucky to have a friend and sister in A.

I've also reconnected with several other good friends on FB. They all seem to understand and accept me for who I am now, because we were such good friends before, and as one recently told me....."You're still the same person inside....You're still my friend.".

It might be different for (bio)male Marines, where acceptance of transfolk is concerned. It's such a macho group, by and large. Have you been able to reconnect or maintain any friendships from your time in the Corps through your transition?? As for me, well, I'm very proud to have you for my sister, and I couldn't be prouder that you and I share this precious bond. I'm always here for you and I will always have your back. Semper Fi, my friend!!!

I didn't want to hijack this thread, or its purpose. Being a trans Veteran is, to me, a very "Veteran" issue. There are so many Veterans who have undergone a gender transition, and it's good to know that a few of us are here and that we understand each other.

Have a great weekend!!!

Semper Fi,
~Theo~
Old 07-14-2012, 06:41 PM   #105
Nadeest

How Do You Identify?:
as myself
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 2,118 Times in 501 Posts
Nadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST Reputation

No, I've never really tried to keep in touch. There have always been very few people in my life that remain as a constant. It seems that my life has been full of change, and continues to be so.

I am very, very glad for you, though, that you have found and reconnected with your friends. That is very marvelous.
Nadeest is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nadeest For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2012, 01:25 PM   #106
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,337 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Arrow U.S. Woman Becomes First Openly Gay General

Published: August 13, 2012
http://mobile.nytimes.com/2012/08/13...-flag-rank.xml
WASHINGTON - An Army officer being promoted to brigadier general openly acknowledged her homosexuality on Friday by having her wife pin her star to her uniform, thus becoming the first openly gay officer of flag rank in the United States military.
The officer, Brig. Gen. Tammy S. Smith, 49, a 26-year veteran of the Army, was promoted in a ceremony at the women's memorial at Arlington National Cemetery. The star was affixed by Tracey Hepner, who was a co-founder last year of the Military Partners and Families Coalition, which "provides support, resources, education and advocacy for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender military partners and their families," according to its Web site.
The couple married in March 2011 in the District of Columbia.
The military dropped its "don't ask, don't tell" policy for gay service members on Sept. 20, 2011, after a change in federal law.
The Army said that General Smith was not available for an interview on Sunday. However, she said in a statement that the Defense Department had made sexual orientation a private matter, but that "participating with family in traditional ceremonies such as the promotion is both common and expected of a leader."
Sue Fulton, a spokeswoman for OutServe, a two-year-old organization of lesbians and gay men in the military, said Sunday that it was "highly unlikely" that General Smith was the only gay officer of her rank. She called General Smith's public acknowledgment significant.
"I would say that it's important to recognize 'the first,' because then the next person doesn't have to be first," said Ms. Fulton, a 1980 West Point graduate. "Once we get over each 'first,' each hurdle of 'Well, that's never been done before,' it makes it a nonissue going forward."
Ms. Fulton, who was honorably discharged as a captain in 1986, said she left the Army because of the strains of maintaining a secret lesbian relationship. She called the promotion ceremony in which General Smith acknowledged being gay part of the best in Army tradition. Ms. Fulton quoted a speech last September in which the Army chief of staff, Gen. Ray Odierno, said that "the strength of our Army is our soldiers; the strength of our soldiers is our families."
Ms. Fulton said she had no doubt that General Smith's superiors knew of her sexual orientation when they selected her for promotion.
As a colonel, General Smith was deployed in Afghanistan from December 2010 to October 2011 as the chief of Army Reserve Affairs. She currently serves in Washington as the deputy chief of the Army Reserve.

" Go Army "

Said from the Blue
Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2012, 12:57 PM   #107
theoddz

How Do You Identify?:
Old Poop
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr. Beast
Relationship Status:
Happily Married

theoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Happy 237th Birthday to all of my Marine brothers and sisters. Today is OUR day!!!!

On this day, I am always especially mindful to my brothers and sisters who, like myself, have earned and worn the Eagle, Globe and Anchor. Our camaraderie, spirit and devotion to each other ("the bond") are legendary and transcends the years and generations. No matter when or where we have served, we share that enduring bond of friendship, loyalty and devotion to Corps, country and each other. It's what we do best.

So, in honor of the Corps, and each other, I raise my glass and tip my hat to Marines of all generations, past and present, no matter when or where they have served, for each and every one is my brother and my sister.

OOOOOOOOOOOO RAH!!!!!!

~Theo~
Old 11-10-2012, 11:37 PM   #108
Toughy

How Do You Identify?:
pervert butch feminist woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
see above
Relationship Status:
independent entity

Thanked 7,656 Times in 1,522 Posts
Toughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST Reputation

OOOOOOOOO RAH!!

I'm thinking about going down to the Veterans Day Parade tomorrow.....San Francisco has a big one....celebrate with my fellow vets.......
I will not assimilate

Toughy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Toughy For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2012, 11:44 PM   #109
pinkgeek

How Do You Identify?:
that grrl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, grrl, piranha, monkey
Relationship Status:
captured....

Thanked 1,456 Times in 311 Posts
pinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toughy View Post
OOOOOOOOO RAH!!
I'm thinking about going down to the Veterans Day Parade tomorrow.....San Francisco has a big one....celebrate with my fellow vets.......
Thank you for your service Toughy and thank you to all the other BFP Veterans as well.

"I‘m heir to madness. Vessel of perversion. Your nightmare should you cross me."

((Want to read about my life in Hawaii and my ongoing war against the roosters and my pony size dog and my wedding?)) http://www.alohafemme.wordpress.com/
pinkgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pinkgeek For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2012, 11:10 AM   #110
theoddz

How Do You Identify?:
Old Poop
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr. Beast
Relationship Status:
Happily Married

Member Photo Albums

Happiest of Veterans Day to all Veterans of all branches of the military, and THANK YOU for your service.

In case you didn't know, there are a number of retail stores and restaurants that are offering free and discounted meals and services to those who have so proudly served our country. When I was at a medical appointment the other day, my local VA office gave me a nice printed flyer with some of the places that are offering these deals to Veterans. I thought I'd pass on the info.

Olive Garden

Veterans eat free on Monday, Nov. 12. They have a special menu to choose your meal from. Additionally, some Olive Garden restaurants will also give out a $10 gift card to Veterans for a future visit. Bring proof of service with you.

Applebees

Military Veterans and Active Duty service members can eat FREE at any Applebees across the U.S. on Veterans Day, November 11 (Sunday). Choose from six entre's on their menu. You will need to bring proof of your service.

Golden Corral

GC's 9th annual Military Appreciation Monday dinner will be held on Monday, Nov. 12, from 4 to 9 pm in all GC restaurants nationwide. The FREE dinner meal is a special "thank you" tribute to anyone who has ever served in the United States military. To date, GC restaurants have provided over 2.2 million free meals and contributed over $3.3 million to the Disabled American Veterans organization. Bring proof of your service with you to take advantage of this offer.

Chili's

FREE meal Veterans Day, Sunday, November 11. Chili's is offering all military Veterans, past and present, their choice of one of 6 meals. This offer is good during business hours at participating Chili's in the U.S. only. Dine-in from limited menu only. Beverages and gratuity are not included. All desserts priced $5 for Veterans and active duty military. Show proof of military service for this offer.

TGI Friday's

Eat FREE on Veterans Day, Monday, November 12. ***Don't forget that TGI Friday's offers a 10% discount for all service men and women, all day, every day. Show proof of military service.

Hooters

FREE meal, Veterans Day, Sunday, November 11. Get 10 free boneless wings to military Veterans all day. Offer good at all participating Hooters. Show proof of service. For more info: www.HootersVeteransDay.com

Subway

Free six inch sub on Veterans Day, November 11. Subway restaurants are franchises, so this offer may not be available at all locations. Check with your local Subway shop and, as always, show proof of your military service to take advantage of this offer.

Denny's

Free all-you-can-eat pancakes at participating Denny's on Monday, November 12. Bring proof of your service.

These are just a few of a lot of offers that so many good U.S. businesses are offering as a "thank you" to those of us who have served.

Have a great Veterans Day!!!!

Semper Fi!!!!!!

~Theo~
Old 11-11-2012, 11:31 AM   #111
Toughy

How Do You Identify?:
pervert butch feminist woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
see above
Relationship Status:
independent entity

Thanked 7,656 Times in 1,522 Posts
Toughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST Reputation

I love it...........free food for 2 days......lol.... I will say this.........in the Bay Area be prepared for long lines with a long wait. Last year the wait time at the Alameda Applebees was about an hour and a half all day........Alameda is a big retired military (esp navy) town which is probably why the wait was so long. I did have a great time hanging out and talking to other vets...especially us Vietnam era vets.
I will not assimilate

Toughy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Toughy For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2012, 11:35 AM   #112
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,119 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation
Red face Thank You!

"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2012, 12:01 PM   #113
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

For those in Canada, today is Remebrance Day.

In Flanders Field:

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
That mark our place; and in the sky
The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved and were loved, and now we lie
In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch; be yours to hold it high.
If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders fields.

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2012, 12:01 PM   #114
Semantics

How Do You Identify?:
malapropist
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 4,023 Times in 1,209 Posts
Semantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST Reputation

Thank you, veterans.
Semantics is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Semantics For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2012, 12:03 PM   #115
Gentle Tiger

How Do You Identify?:
As a Tiger of course
Preferred Pronoun?:
Not the Old Man
Relationship Status:
Two Tigers

Thanked 15,996 Times in 3,996 Posts
Gentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST Reputation

Just want to say

Happy Veterans Day to all Veterans of all branches of the military.

THANK YOU for your service. We appreciate You.

And thank you to your families because they sacrifice too.

Gentle Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Gentle Tiger For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2012, 12:25 PM   #116
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

And a wonderful reminder that not all veterans are the two-legged kind: http://drgrumpyinthehouse.blogspot.c...erans-day.html

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2012, 11:25 PM   #117
Gentle Tiger

How Do You Identify?:
As a Tiger of course
Preferred Pronoun?:
Not the Old Man
Relationship Status:
Two Tigers

Thanked 15,996 Times in 3,996 Posts
Gentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
And a wonderful reminder that not all veterans are the two-legged kind: http://drgrumpyinthehouse.blogspot.c...erans-day.html
Thanks for the reminder Linus.

Gentle Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gentle Tiger For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2012, 11:41 PM   #118
socialjustice_fsu

How Do You Identify?:
Feminine
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
It’s all good.

Location: The gulf waters are sapphire blue and the beach sand is white as snow.
Thanked 2,158 Times in 439 Posts
socialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputation

Thank you to every Veteran.
You gave so much.
You gave to many.
You fought for the freedom that surrounds us.
You have been "The Greatest Generation."
You are the Brave.

You are not forgotten.

A special thanks to my precious father who fought in the Korean Conflict and the Pacific Theater. I treasure your loyalty to this Land.
Old 11-12-2012, 11:08 AM   #119
Greyson
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transmasculine/Non-Binary
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy (Pronounced He)
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,163 Times in 2,006 Posts
Greyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST Reputation

Thank you to all the Veterans. I remember my first Remeberance Day in Canada. I was very touched by seeing so many wear the poppy and it was the first time I heard "Flanders Field."

Today I will be going to the Veteran's Cemetary in Dixion, Ca. It will be an honor to place flowers on the grave of my step-father. He is an Army veteran and fought in WWII. My mother is interned there too.

I come from a long line of American Veterans and I am humbled by the service so many have given freely and with pupose.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Greyson For This Useful Post:
Old 11-12-2012, 10:47 PM   #120
Nadeest

How Do You Identify?:
as myself
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 2,118 Times in 501 Posts
Nadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST Reputation

I had an interesting time, tonight at Golden Corral. They had seated a fellow Marine and his partner with my friend and I, and during the convo, he asked me where I did my boot camp at. Either he wasn't paying attention, or I looked rather male to him, as I told him that I did my boot camp at MCRD San Diego. What is funny, for all the non-Marines out there, reading this, is that Women Marines are only given their basic training (boot camp) at MRCD Parris Island. Fortunately, nothing bad happened, and he did not say a word about it, to me.
Nadeest is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nadeest For This Useful Post: