Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 06-17-2010, 04:12 PM   #101
femmennoir

How Do You Identify?:
femme, naturellement
Preferred Pronoun?:
Elle
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,223 Times in 478 Posts
femmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputation
Default Trade

Got rid of some assorted kitchen stuff, some I don't need, some I upgraded...dropped off at the Goodwill, where I picked up a signed cookbook by French author/chef, in French, and a brand new chocolate brown Irish sweater, handknit, all for $10.
These are the dangers (thrills) of visiting the Goodwill store, even just to donate! A girl can't help herself, can she? But the rule is to give more away than pick up!

Elle*
femmennoir is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to femmennoir For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2010, 08:42 AM   #102
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up Water

Food Banks always can use bottled water. Just wanted to put this out there. Summer is coming up, and we always will have the homeless and poor with us.
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Andrew, Jr. For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2010, 09:10 AM   #103
Ebon

How Do You Identify?:
With my souls eyes.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
lol

Thanked 11,144 Times in 2,755 Posts
Ebon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST Reputation

My facebook page.

I'm a Soul Rebel

http://wannabereverend.wordpress.com/

Spirituality is not a belief system or ideology, it is the surrender of one's ego to the infinite wisdom and knowledge that is the universe.
Ebon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ebon For This Useful Post:
Old 07-22-2010, 12:10 PM   #104
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

I'm still purging "stuff" as I get ready to move. Just keeps feeling better and better...

Between yesterday and today I got rid of:
  • 12 bags of books to the library in the poorer part of town
  • 10 bags of books to my mother the packrat
  • 3 bookcases...also to Mom
  • 2 giant sized bags of assorted clothes and kitchen stuff to the charity truck
  • a 3 foot by 6 foot pile of lumber, molding pieces etc to the universe (I left it at the curb and people have been taking what they want)
  • a giant bag of kids winter clothing (snow boots, coats, hats and mittens) to the family shelter in town
Old 07-23-2010, 12:04 AM   #105
iamkeri1

How Do You Identify?:
femme woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

1 Highscore

Thanked 1,945 Times in 584 Posts
iamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputation

two days ago I discovered the "free" section on Craigslist and ebay classifieds
What a discovery!!! I listed and old stove and apartment sized washer that had been lingering in my garage for several years. A guy picked them up today who was unemployed and actually intended to use them rather than scrap them. He brought his young son with him. That reminded me that I had some old kiddie bikes in the shed. He took all three of them and a large "big wheel." He has six kids. He said he fixes up bikes and sells them, so one way or another, some kid will be riding those bikes. Yaaaaaaaaaahhhhh

Additional benefit - this made a big dent in the crap in both my garage and shed. I love it
iamkeri1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to iamkeri1 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-23-2010, 06:11 AM   #106
asphaltcowboi

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Relationship Status:
HAPPY

7 Highscores

Thanked 3,297 Times in 1,042 Posts
asphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputation

a bad attitude tward the ex and have excepted it as a learning expierance..
Old 07-23-2010, 09:42 AM   #107
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,765 Times in 25,661 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Some money from my boss. It's pay day!

This weekend, I'm getting rid of a LOT of stuff in my yard sale!!!

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-23-2010, 12:38 PM   #108
Lady_Wu

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Queer Stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
M'Lady
Relationship Status:
given up looking *sigh*

Lady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST Reputation
Default Everything!

I have been trying to declutter and have not been able to do so. As soon as my foot heals (I has surgery Tues), I am going to do a "clean sweep" approach that I read about in a blog I follow. This involves putting away literally everything I own. Then as I need something, I will retrieve it. At the end of 6 months (my own deadline), everything unused is going to be disposed of! Viola, end of unneeded items!
Lady_Wu
Old 07-25-2010, 11:46 PM   #109
iamkeri1

How Do You Identify?:
femme woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

1 Highscore

iamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputation

Now that I have discovered the "free" section of craigslist, I feel like I can take on (actually, get rid of) anything. My son and I moved a bunch of boxes from a place they were not easily gotten into, to a more open space. Tomorrow I am going out there with a pad and pencil and I'm making a list of the things I want gone. Then I will be listing them on craigslist either for free or a small sale amount. I might actually get rid of everything I want gone.
Yaaaaaaaaah!!!
Keri
The Following User Says Thank You to iamkeri1 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-26-2010, 08:03 PM   #110
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Yesterday, I got rid of:

clothes
shoes
scrapbooking supplies
books
stuffed animals
collectible doll
knickknacks
household goods
a grill
bedding
costume jewelry
candles
perfumes
ornaments
cds
dvds
office/school supplies
and a ton 'o miscellaneous

My footprint is shrinking!

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-26-2010, 08:10 PM   #111
socialjustice_fsu

How Do You Identify?:
Feminine
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
It’s all good.

Location: The gulf waters are sapphire blue and the beach sand is white as snow.
Thanked 2,158 Times in 439 Posts
socialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputation

Today I got rid of my guilt and regret. It had been consuming me.
socialjustice_fsu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to socialjustice_fsu For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2010, 08:16 AM   #112
Gentle Tiger

How Do You Identify?:
As a Tiger of course
Preferred Pronoun?:
Not the Old Man
Relationship Status:
Two Tigers

Thanked 15,997 Times in 3,996 Posts
Gentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST Reputation

I did this yesterday but just now seeing the thread.

I got rid of three shirts that no longer fit. I gave away 50 more books. FIFTY! I feel faint. I will be boxing up some more tonight. The list will grow as I continue the move process.

Oh joy unbounded!

Gentle Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gentle Tiger For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2010, 01:19 AM   #113
iamkeri1

How Do You Identify?:
femme woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

1 Highscore

Got rid of more stuff out of the shed. My dad had an old wheelchair that no one I knew wanted, so I posted in on free/craigslist, along with several large old tarps that were really in my way. The response for the wheelchair was immediate, and the lady who came to get it really needed it. The same people took the tarps, so I got a two-fer.

Watched Oprah's show about hoarding. Hoarding, thank god, is not a problem I have, but still it made me want to go home and get rid of everything. I have claustrophobia and could barely stand to watch that clutter on TV. I would not be able to live in it. Anyway, I still want to give/sell lots more stuff. I have a bunch of stuff put together out in the garage for a sale I hope to have next Thursday
Old 08-07-2010, 03:24 AM   #114
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

I gave LOTS of money away today.

*sigh*

No wonder I don't hardly ever go to the doctor or dentist.

On a slightly brighter note, I've been working the rest of the day (that wasn't devoted to one doc or another) on getting things ready for my last yard sale here on Sunday. It's not gone yet, but it WILL be shortly and I already made a sale!

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 08-07-2010, 08:59 PM   #115
chefhottie25

How Do You Identify?:
boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
hy
Relationship Status:
happily taken

chefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputation

it was actually 2 days ago...but i went through my closet and dresser and got rid of clothes i don't wear anymore. now i have room for new ones.
chefhottie25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 06:32 AM   #116
femmedyke

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her

femmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputation

Yesterday... I got rid of. . .

an old computer chair, an old table, tons of clothes and shoes, a vase and some some 'roots' that were in said vase.
Old 08-30-2010, 09:39 AM   #117
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

I cleaned out the fridge and freezer.

I was initially terrified but am glad to announce it's reasonable now.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2010, 09:43 AM   #118
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,662 Times in 3,991 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

I have been purging my house of all that should not be here. I have had clothes removed, books, garden items I will never use again, furniture, etc. But...lol...I have also brought inthings I need...clothes, books, garden items, furniture....
The Following User Says Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2010, 02:36 PM   #119
Greyson
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transmasculine/Non-Binary
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy (Pronounced He)
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,163 Times in 2,006 Posts
Greyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST Reputation

Hey Words, I have never seen this thread until today. Last year I sold my place where I had been living for the past 17 years. I had a major purging of "things." I am still going through some things and getting ready to do another paring down in the Spring of 2011.

The hardest thing to part with are my books. I am trying to use a library more often and less of purchasing books. Now, if I could purge the few extra pounds.
The Following User Says Thank You to Greyson For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2010, 07:19 PM   #120
femmennoir

How Do You Identify?:
femme, naturellement
Preferred Pronoun?:
Elle
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,223 Times in 478 Posts
femmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputation

Today I found a recipient for a lot of magazines I have kept....An art teacher wants them all to use with students on special projects! I am thrilled! Recycling, better yet, re-using!
Elle*
And your heart, as it was then, will be on fire.

Anna Akhmatova "White nights"
femmennoir is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to femmennoir For This Useful Post: