Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 08-29-2012, 01:49 PM   #101
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 22,757 Times in 4,468 Posts
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

Not one single person has defended lying or deception. If she is lying about how much weight she lifts she only hurts herself. Don't believe her if don't want to.

- Rainer Maria Rilke
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 08-29-2012, 01:57 PM   #102
QueenofSmirks

How Do You Identify?:
Just Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Busy

1 Highscore

Thanked 2,918 Times in 879 Posts
QueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST Reputation

A perfect example of irony and contradiction: claiming not to care about what someone posts, but obviously caring enough to ask why other people care. Perfect.

"There is only one success - to be able to spend your life in your own way." Christopher Morley
QueenofSmirks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to QueenofSmirks For This Useful Post:
Old 08-29-2012, 02:03 PM   #103
Nomad
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
stone femme Daddy's girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
disinterested

Thanked 3,745 Times in 734 Posts
Nomad Has the BEST ReputationNomad Has the BEST ReputationNomad Has the BEST ReputationNomad Has the BEST ReputationNomad Has the BEST ReputationNomad Has the BEST ReputationNomad Has the BEST ReputationNomad Has the BEST ReputationNomad Has the BEST ReputationNomad Has the BEST ReputationNomad Has the BEST Reputation

show of hands.....how many people have never told a lie or made a fool of themselves? fact: some of us do it repeatedly until the self-respect light comes on. yep. self-respect. has nothing to do with the audience and everything to do with thinkin you're not good enough as you are.

there are lots of nice people who used to be serious idiots. i spent decades of my life being a f*ck up and i'm never gonna be anything other than a person who used to be a f*ck up. hell i coulda made a damn profession outta being stoopid. sometimes it takes half a lifetime or more to learn basic human being sh*t, believe it or not. if owning that means that i cant become a better person in your eyes then by all means, click the 'ignore' option next to my name. i'll help you point the cursor.

so sick of the 'i'm better than you because i dont tell lies' attitude. tell lies all you want. i might not trust you with everything but i'll always look to understand the reasons why you lie because there's information there that will help me understand something about you and maybe learn something myself. but publicly deride others for their humanity, weaknesses and short comings and i wont bother trying to understand your reasoning. i already know it:

- a liar thinks they need to be better than they are, so they lie. it's sad but it's usually fixable.
- the sanctimonious already believe they're better than everyone else and they're out to prove it. gotta be careful tho. that holier than thou sh*t can be permanent if you're not payin attention.

Last edited by Nomad; 08-29-2012 at 02:14 PM. Reason: edited out the majority of my f*ckin bad tempered rant so i didnt hurt anyone's delicate little feelings
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Nomad For This Useful Post:
Old 08-29-2012, 02:09 PM   #104
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

I certainly see a lot of contradictions all right.

I care about how new and young people are treated here- not one of our strong points. As I say, until I see any reason not to, I will cut them slack. I don't care for lying or deceit of any kind, but if they aren't endangering others it is their problem to deal with.

- Rainer Maria Rilke
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 08-29-2012, 02:11 PM   #105
Daywalker

How Do You Identify?:
Hippy

Thanked 11,917 Times in 2,700 Posts
Daywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST Reputation

We've seen it all on the forums, and have probably at one
point in our lives done one or more of the following:

Embellishing

Exaggerating

Fabricating

The kind of thing that seems harmless...right?

Then there is lying.
And the Intent.

To Me
...to lie with the intent to make yourself feel better does not mean
that you're always aware of the fact that while doing
so you are making others feel as though the intent
is to make them feel bad about themselves.

I learned this one at a young age.

But there's a default feature of my own
that follows the veins of the 'benefit of the doubt' theory.

Throwing in statistics that make the OP's numbers from another thread
seem unobtainable surely has to have folks wondering whether
there's embellishing or otherwise happening.

So I think that speculating seems fairly ordinary at this point.

Of course, the manner in which we all engage about it should
not be such that it raises the blood pressure of our keyboards...n stuff.

Old 08-29-2012, 02:26 PM   #106
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,309 Times in 2,056 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalker View Post
We've seen it all on the forums, and have probably at one
point in our lives done one or more of the following:

Embellishing

Exaggerating

Fabricating

The kind of thing that seems harmless...right?

Hi, Daywalker.

No, I haven't been aware of seeing any of those things on the threads.

And there were only a couple times when I thought there was intentional fabrication designed to manipulate readers in a potentially malicious way—and I reported it.

But the vast majority of the time, I take things at face value. Your post makes me wonder if I'm not a critical enough reader.

Thinking about it.
Scout
Ginger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ginger For This Useful Post:
Old 08-29-2012, 02:48 PM   #107
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,656 Times in 7,653 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

At the risk of really mucking things up, my gut is sending out signals that we are being played with by a bunch of high school males. Something just doesnt feel right.

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 08-29-2012, 02:56 PM   #108
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,309 Times in 2,056 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullDog View Post
I don't care for lying or deceit of any kind, but if they aren't endangering others it is their problem to deal with.

Hey, Bulldog. Not talking about this thread in particular but in a general way—

I have to respectfully disagree.

I think lying and deceitfulness violate a tacit agreement on online forums that people will represent themselves authentically.

If I invest time and thought and emotion into building online friendships and comradery with people on a social website, I will feel tricked and used if their side of it was fictional, while mine was not.

It's like I'm naked, and they have all their clothes on—but were pretending to be naked. If that makes sense. Probably not.

Let me try again.

I don't want to be used as an audience for someone's need to be something other that who they really are.

It disgusts me. I would tell them, Go jerk off to some other reader.

And it's okay that you and I have such different views on it, I just wanted to say mine.

Thanks,
Scout
Ginger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Ginger For This Useful Post:
Old 08-29-2012, 03:02 PM   #109
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandScout View Post
Hey, Bulldog. Not talking about this thread in particular but in a general way—

I have to respectfully disagree.

I think lying and deceitfulness violate a tacit agreement on online forums that people will represent themselves authentically.

If I invest time and thought and emotion into building online friendships and comradery with people on a social website, I will feel tricked and used if their side of it was fictional, while mine was not.

It's like I'm naked, and they have all their clothes on—but were pretending to be naked. If that makes sense. Probably not.

Let me try again.

I don't want to be used as an audience for someone's need to be something other that who they really are.

It disgusts me. I would tell them, Go jerk off to some other reader.

And it's okay that you and I have such different views on it, I just wanted to say mine.

Thanks,
Scout
If I feel someone is liar I wont engage with them. I don't form any sort of emotional investment with them.

I have known of many people who have misrepresented themselves on these forums, some in minor ways and some in major ways, some for many years. There is never any excuse for it, but I am under no illusion that the majority of people represent themselves here authentically. Some do. Some people I do know personally and although the online world doesn't completely do them justice, they are real and authentic people.

Kobi, interesting theory. Personally I don't think high school boys would pose this way or know enough about butch femme. I can't imagine why someone would say they were happily engaged to their high school sweetheart if they wanted to pull the rug over on the whole forum. I would think we would see Super Stud Single Butch. Shrug. Who knows.

- Rainer Maria Rilke
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 08-29-2012, 03:10 PM   #110
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation
Default Hopes the glass is half full....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobi View Post

At the risk of really mucking things up, my gut is sending out signals that we are being played with by a bunch of high school males. Something just doesnt feel right.

Gosh i hope not Kobi.

I was just thinking. When i was 23 i had a baby on one hip and one on the way. It would have been LIFE changing if i had been privy to the internet and a place like BFP to help me find my way.

I don't even think the internet was invented when i was 23 come to think of it LOL. But, my point is...

If this is someone who is truly that young and they are trying to find community, i don't want to see them run off.

I am one of the peeps that just really, really hopes, that this person is reaching out for a hand and finding their way. And i'm hoping that even if they are embellishing a little here and there, they will "get it" and their lives will be BETTER having found us as a home.

Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post:
Old 08-29-2012, 03:13 PM   #111
QueenofSmirks

How Do You Identify?:
Just Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Busy

1 Highscore

QueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I certainly see a lot of contradictions all right.

I care about how new and young people are treated here- not one of our strong points. As I say, until I see any reason not to, I will cut them slack. I don't care for lying or deceit of any kind, but if they aren't endangering others it is their problem to deal with.
I disagree. When someone comes into a community and lies and deceives, it's a problem, and shouldn't be ignored. All societies socialize their members.

However, that wasn't really my issue. I posted that the thread seems self-serving and self-congratulatory. when Stephie said that wasn't the intent, I asked for clarification of the intent by making a thread out of this, rather than just posting a comment in another thread. Stephie has chosen not to respond, which is certainly Stephie's right, but it doesn't help me change my opinion if it is, indeed, a misunderstanding on my part.

"There is only one success - to be able to spend your life in your own way." Christopher Morley
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to QueenofSmirks For This Useful Post:
Old 08-29-2012, 03:17 PM   #112
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

LOL she starts threads every time she has a thought. I don't think she quite gets the navigation system- so on that one point I do think you are over thinking.

Keep on beating at this if you want to. I see worse problems on this forum that are more important of my attention, and there is lots of lying and shitty behavior that happens all the time.

- Rainer Maria Rilke
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 08-29-2012, 03:22 PM   #113
Novelafemme
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 8,925 Times in 1,834 Posts
Novelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST Reputation

Negative attention is still attention, folks.
Novelafemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Novelafemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-29-2012, 03:24 PM   #114
ruffryder

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
guy ones
Relationship Status:

Thanked 9,678 Times in 2,875 Posts
ruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputation
Default Interesting

First, your body fat percentage is simply the percentage of fat your body contains. If you are 150 pounds and 10% fat, it means that your body consists of 15 pounds fat and 135 pounds lean body mass (bone, muscle, organ tissue, blood and everything else).

A certain amount of fat is essential to bodily functions. Fat regulates body temperature, cushions and insulates organs and tissues and is the main form of the body's energy storage. The following table describes body fat ranges and their associated categories:

*General Body Fat Percentage Categories

Classification Women (% fat) ............. Men (% fat)

Essential Fat 10-12% ................ 2-4%

Athletes 14-20% ................ 6-13%

Fitness 21-24% ............... 14-17%

Acceptable 25-31% ................ 18-25%

Obese 32% plus ................ 25% plus

*American Council on Exercise

Knowing your body fat percentage can also help you determine if your weight loss goals are realistic. Remember, weight loss doesn't always mean fat loss. For example:

Let's say you're a 130# woman with 23% body fat, and you goal is to "lose 20 pounds":

Initial body fat: 130# x 0.23 fat = 30 # body fat

Lean body mass: 130# total - 30# fat = 100# lean body mass (bones, organs and all else)

Goal: 130# - 20# = 110 pounds

As you can see, the goal of losing 20 pounds is not realistic or healthy. At 110 pounds, this woman still requires 100# of lean body mass (bones, organs, etc.), but would only be carrying 10#, or only 9% body fat. From the chart above, you can see that this is a dangerously low percentage.

A better goal might be for the woman to reduce her body fat from 23% to 18%. In this case:

130# x 0.18 = 23 # body fat

100# lean body mass + 23 # = 123# goal weight

So, for this individual to achieve a lean, but healthy 18% fat, she would need to lose only 7 pounds of fat, reducing her weight from her current 130 pounds to 123 pounds. Losing more than 7 pounds means losing lean body mass (usually metabolically-active muscle tissue), which is clearly not desirable.

So before you decide that you need to "lose weight", remember to consider that "weight" consists of both lean body mass and body fat. Try to keep your weight loss goals realistic, and remember, keep the calorie-burning muscle, and lose only the fat.

Source: Health Check Systems
ruffryder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ruffryder For This Useful Post:
Old 08-29-2012, 03:25 PM   #115
aishah

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme shark baby girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, little one
Relationship Status:
dating myself.

1 Highscore

Thanked 6,443 Times in 1,288 Posts
aishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputation

okay, i only read part of this thread because my head started to hurt.

i came in here to say...assuming what you say is true because i like to believe the best of people...i am so so happy for you that you're meeting your body and athletic goals.

but i've also had an eating disorder for half my life and i lost my period and put my body in severe danger by having too little body fat (and the amount of body fat one needs for women is higher than for men). i was at my sickest when i was most athletic (i'm a dancer). i didn't mind losing my period but i mind now the long-term damage to my reproductive system, bones, and metabolism.

i'm not saying you have an eating disorder, but for any woman, having body fat % that low is really dangerous.

please please take care of yourself.
aishah is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to aishah For This Useful Post:
Old 08-29-2012, 03:43 PM   #116
Parker
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Butch. Lesbian. Dyke. Woman. Female.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, of course!
Relationship Status:
Content

Thanked 11,730 Times in 2,432 Posts
Parker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okiebug61 View Post
I have a scale that measures your BMI. Mine just said please step off Now! Is there a hidden meaning here?
I lol'd at this.

I use my Wii Fit Plus board to weigh myself and get my body fat measurements - I like it better than the VA scales because they got me weighing 20lbs heavier than my WFP

But every time I step onto my WFP board, the damn thing says, "OH!" ... as if I am so damn heavy even the machine cant take it!

And when my body fat measurement comes up, she tells me, "That's obese!" as if I dont already know that!

I hate that damn thing - she's so mean. lol

eta: ugh - I totally want to eat now! lol
Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Parker For This Useful Post:
Old 08-29-2012, 03:52 PM   #117
QueenofSmirks

How Do You Identify?:
Just Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Busy

1 Highscore

Quote:
Keep on beating at this if you want to. I see worse problems on this forum that are more important of my attention, and there is lots of lying and shitty behavior that happens all the time.
Gee, last time I looked I didn't ask for anyone's permission to post in threads, but thanks for granting yours. Furthermore, according to you, there are worse problems that are more important of your attention, yet, here you are, commenting about my involvement in THIS thread. Did I miss something?

Old 08-29-2012, 03:54 PM   #118
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenofSmirks View Post
Gee, last time I looked I didn't ask for anyone's permission to post in threads, but thanks for granting yours. Furthermore, according to you, there are worse problems that are more important of your attention, yet, here you are, commenting about my involvement in THIS thread. Did I miss something?
LOL thee Almighty BullDog was not granting you any permission. Eyeball roll.

EDIT: I am really going to try and make this my last post here because this is truly ridiculous.

I see a new young person that as far as I know is a young 23 year butch. I think what a difference it would have made if I could have found a butch femme community at that age, and I hope for the best and give the kid some slack.

If it turns out she is not who she says she is, I will fill a twinge of sadness and my life will go on. She will not have harmed me.

It really, really does bother me how a part of our community treats new and young people here. It really, really does not make me feel good.

I am done.

- Rainer Maria Rilke
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 08-29-2012, 03:55 PM   #119
QueenofSmirks

How Do You Identify?:
Just Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Busy

1 Highscore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
I lol'd at this.

I use my Wii Fit Plus board to weigh myself and get my body fat measurements - I like it better than the VA scales because they got me weighing 20lbs heavier than my WFP

But every time I step onto my WFP board, the damn thing says, "OH!" ... as if I am so damn heavy even the machine cant take it!

And when my body fat measurement comes up, she tells me, "That's obese!" as if I dont already know that!

I hate that damn thing - she's so mean. lol

eta: ugh - I totally want to eat now! lol
Yes but at least it does so in that cute alien-ish voice, like mine does when it tells me I haven't quite reached my goal. LOL

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to QueenofSmirks For This Useful Post:
Old 08-29-2012, 03:56 PM   #120
aishah

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme shark baby girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, little one
Relationship Status:
dating myself.

1 Highscore

Thanked 6,443 Times in 1,288 Posts
aishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputation

okay, i so wanted a wii fit til i read that :P that's hysterical! and mean. i think i'd probably beat it up. and then eat ice cream.
aishah is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to aishah For This Useful Post: