Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Current Affairs/World Issues/Science And History

Old 08-05-2012, 01:11 PM   #101
lusciouskiwi

How Do You Identify?:
femme lesbian feminist
Preferred Pronoun?:
Anything except for "aunty"
Relationship Status:
Happy with my butch.

Thanked 9,096 Times in 1,899 Posts
lusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputation
Default The cat's version ...

of the Olympics

Risk! Risk anything! Care no more for the opinions of others, for those voices. Do the hardest thing on earth for you. Act for yourself. Face the truth. Katherine Mansfield

Motivate yourself or be miserable. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice. Wayne Dyer
lusciouskiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lusciouskiwi For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2012, 01:21 PM   #102
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

Thanked 13,118 Times in 3,391 Posts
Soon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST Reputation

I just came across the USA's fencing team's mask. Thoughts?

Soon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Soon For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2012, 01:26 PM   #103
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

Soon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST Reputation
Default Congrats to Serena!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Soon For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2012, 02:15 PM   #104
UofMfan
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
A very happy Mr. Grumpy Cat

Thanked 18,941 Times in 4,707 Posts
UofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST Reputation
Default Sos grande Catherine!

Congratulation to my fellow Colombians!

3 silver and 1 bronze!

http://www.eltiempo.com/olimpicos-2012/
UofMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to UofMfan For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2012, 02:20 PM   #105
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

Thumbs up

Canada's first gold of these games--trampolinist, Rosannagh Maclennan

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Soon For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2012, 03:30 PM   #106
Julien

How Do You Identify?:
TG/GenderQueer
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm flexible, but only up to a point.
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 2,701 Times in 737 Posts
Julien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST Reputation

http://www.nbcolympics.com/wood/phot...olleyball.html

Here is a link to a slideshow of the women of beach volleyball. Looking through all the pics is it me or are there are a lot of unnecessary butt and crotch shots, without the entire woman's body in the frame. In film theory this would look like objectification of woman through the parts of her body. There is one in particular which is a pelvic shot with the caption reading something like "a close-up of the Olympic volleyball" yeah as if there wasn't some other way of showing the ball. What do you think?

“Self-plagiarism is style.” Alfred Hitchcock

Formerly known as Graphiteta2s
Julien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 05:50 PM   #107
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

Smile Gabby's first endorsement

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Soon For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2012, 06:14 PM   #108
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julien View Post
http://www.nbcolympics.com/wood/phot...olleyball.html

Here is a link to a slideshow of the women of beach volleyball. Looking through all the pics is it me or are there are a lot of unnecessary butt and crotch shots, without the entire woman's body in the frame. In film theory this would look like objectification of woman through the parts of her body. There is one in particular which is a pelvic shot with the caption reading something like "a close-up of the Olympic volleyball" yeah as if there wasn't some other way of showing the ball. What do you think?
I think that most of the crotch shots are for men with self esteem issues. I blame the IOC for the uniform choices. Most of the IOC are men with self esteem issues. Can't get men to watch unless a crotch shot of women athletes gets their attention. Misogynist to say the least.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2012, 04:02 PM   #109
UofMfan
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

UofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST Reputation

U.S. Soccer Defeats Canada In Women's Olympic Soccer Semi With Alex Morgan Goal In Extra Time

I did not watch the game but I am hearing reports that the ref may have helped the US with the win. Again, I did not watch it so take that with a grain of salt.

I am cool with either team winning, although I do root for the US
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to UofMfan For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2012, 09:21 PM   #110
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

Kudos to Kirani James for winning the first medal ever for Grenada....and making it gold. Bravo!!!
Old 08-06-2012, 09:35 PM   #111
Leigh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, etc
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 13,026 Times in 4,786 Posts
Leigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST Reputation

I did watch the soccer game and no I certainly was not impressed with the referring; we had the U.S. beat a number of times but because of some crappy penalties or what not they tied it and then we lost. Whatever the outcome is, I know that my team is gonna bring home the bronze!

Leigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Leigh For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2012, 11:11 AM   #112
ruffryder

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
guy ones
Relationship Status:

Thanked 9,678 Times in 2,875 Posts
ruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputation

LIU XIANG CRASHES OUT OF HURDLES

YOU CAN'T HELP BUT FEEL THE STORIES AND EMOTIONS OF THESE OLYMPIANS. MY HEART AND RESPECT GO OUT TO ALL OF THEM. THE OLYMPICS, WHAT AN ACCOMPLISHMENT TO AN ATHLETE!

CONGRATS TO ALL!
ruffryder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ruffryder For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2012, 09:30 AM   #113
ruffryder

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
guy ones
Relationship Status:

Thanked 9,678 Times in 2,875 Posts
ruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputation

OUCH!

ruffryder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ruffryder For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2012, 10:21 AM   #114
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,337 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Kitty olympics

I think I'll record water polo and women's beach volleyball

My kitten is fascinated by water polo. She watches that ball toss, her head going side to side.

Then she lunges at the screen.

Me, I dig the Women's Beach Volleyball. USA vs USA
Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2012, 10:26 AM   #115
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,337 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffryder View Post
LIU XIANG CRASHES OUT OF HURDLES

YOU CAN'T HELP BUT FEEL THE STORIES AND EMOTIONS OF THESE OLYMPIANS. MY HEART AND RESPECT GO OUT TO ALL OF THEM. THE OLYMPICS, WHAT AN ACCOMPLISHMENT TO AN ATHLETE!

CONGRATS TO ALL!
DITTO. Amazing what they are all about, and we have the ability to see and hear about all the champions of the world, gold or not. I heard a story about a village waiting to see the newspaper story and pictures on their Olympian.

Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2012, 03:18 PM   #116
UofMfan
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Our fifth medal, a bronze, brought to us by Oscar in Taekwondo!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to UofMfan For This Useful Post:
Old 08-10-2012, 02:42 PM   #117
UofMfan
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Now we have eight, including today's GOLD!

I am so proud of our Colombian athletes who have to overcome so much to reach the podium.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to UofMfan For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2012, 03:58 AM   #118
Ciaran

How Do You Identify?:
Altocalciphilic
Preferred Pronoun?:
Papa Smurf
Relationship Status:
Curmudgeonous spinster

Thanked 3,656 Times in 602 Posts
Ciaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST Reputation

The games are coming to an end today. I've enjoyed it more and more over the two weeks and think it's really showcased London and the UK in a very positive light. I'm almost sad that it's now coming to an end - a very different reaction from that I expected before the games.

The only sport I love is soccer so most of the actual Olympic sports don't interest me. However, the stories and the competing nations do. Most pleasing for me has not only been the success of the UK team, now guaranteed to be in third medal position, but equally the reception afforded to the Irish competitors from the British crowds.

This was best demonstrated by the reaction to Katie Taylor's success in winning gold for Ireland in one of the women's boxing competitions. She was cheered passionately by 62,000 British and Irish singing and standing together in the Excel arena - something largely unthinkable a generation ago and, once again, helping to strengthen the strong bonds between our two islands.

I was also fortunate to attend yesterday's men's soccer final between Brazil and Mexico at Wembley Stadium. It was my first time at Wembley in almost 27 years, when as a child I'd traveled over from Belfast to London with my dad to watch Northern Ireland play England. Being there yesterday helped to bring back so many memories.

Yesterday's game was fantastic with many thousands having traveled over from both Mexico and Brazil for the game and many thousands more ex-pats in attendance. Truly beautiful atmosphere and certainly the highlight, for me, of the various Olympic events I've been able to attend. Mexico, the underdogs, won what was their first major international tournament - very pleasing as I've had a strong interest in Mexican soccer ever since Mexico hosted the 1986 World Cup Finals.

I partied a bit with a few Mexicans after the game and am meeting a lovely Mexican lady this afternoon - she had traveled over with her family from LA and is leaving London on Tuesday so I've agreed to play tour guide today ..... which is always very dangerous as I have no real knowledge of London and an absolutely terrible sense of direction !!!

Farewell London 2012.
Ciaran is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ciaran For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2012, 05:48 AM   #119
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,958 Times in 13,923 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Joining the party rather late, we don't even own a TV here at the farm so i've been missing the Olympics, one of my favorite things.

We found out it's been online all this time! UGH!

So i tuned in last night to see the heartbreaking loss of the Canadians in the relay race due to that 1 inch stepping on the line thing, but that's not what bothered me more than the way they handled it.

I feel it sucked to announce them as the medal winners, put their name up on the board then say, let them do the victory dance.. then say *oops you stepped on the line, you are disqualified....*

I heard the same thing happened to an athelete from China during the Hammer Throw.

The judges need to all give the OK before they announce winners!

Also the interviewer I saw made me grit my teeth as the thanked the Canadian athlete for *MAN*ing up and offering an apology. Man up? Really? What phrase would he have used for a woman athlete? Maybe i am sensitive but i have issues around the term "man up".

I truly enjoy competing at things and love watching competition, and for me, i usually pull for the team/athlete whose never won before!
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2012, 07:49 PM   #120
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,958 Times in 13,923 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

i wanted to watch the closing ceremony (since i missed the opener!) and waited all day while the marathon was taking place, only the internet version replayed the whole marathon so i thought those poor guys were running all damn day, then i realized it was a repeat and i missed the closer!

i replayed it and then started doing something else, then something else, and then something else...

was it good?
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote