Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 04-12-2011, 06:50 PM   #101
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,958 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_Fl View Post
I was told that too much shell fish can cause the gout in diabetics ... anyway I went to the doctor today, my A1C is 5.8 my meds were increased a few months ago so this good... it's so hard to find foods that are good for you and still maintain satisfaction at least for me.
Shell fish? Oh It figures.... It tastes good and it's low cal....sure thing it is bad for us!!!! Arggggggggg
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2011, 06:24 PM   #102
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation

I am just frustrated with my diabetes. One day I am good and level, and the next my numbers are all over the place. I never experienced this before.
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 06:54 PM   #103
TIMBERWOLF

How Do You Identify?:
Old Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Lesbian Butch so that would be she, but I come to just about anything *S*
Relationship Status:
Single

TIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST Reputation

It all depends on what i eat. Right now my numbers aren't bad 84-122 but i have my times when i hate giving myself my shots and don't then my numbers goes up. I have to get my A1c down because I haven't been very good with that.
My Dad is in the hospital right now because the doctor wanted him to lose wt so he quit eating and taking his meds. My sister found him incoherent with a BS of 37. Since being in the hospital his BS keeps crashing like down to 22 and is in kidney failure.

Im waiting now for a call to fly out...
TIMBERWOLF is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TIMBERWOLF For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2011, 07:53 PM   #104
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIMBERWOLF View Post
It all depends on what i eat. Right now my numbers aren't bad 84-122 but i have my times when i hate giving myself my shots and don't then my numbers goes up. I have to get my A1c down because I haven't been very good with that.
My Dad is in the hospital right now because the doctor wanted him to lose wt so he quit eating and taking his meds. My sister found him incoherent with a BS of 37. Since being in the hospital his BS keeps crashing like down to 22 and is in kidney failure.

Im waiting now for a call to fly out...
My Grandmother had that happene for a month or so...she kept crashing, and they kept reviving her despite her DNR...she was 92 and went on to live another year!

I will keep your Father and family in my thoughts, and if you don't mind I will add Him to my prayers.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2011, 07:57 PM   #105
TIMBERWOLF

How Do You Identify?:
Old Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Lesbian Butch so that would be she, but I come to just about anything *S*
Relationship Status:
Single

TIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST Reputation

Thanks Tink. My sister just called and she is getting me a flight to San Diego friday morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsTinkerbelly View Post
My Grandmother had that happene for a month or so...she kept crashing, and they kept reviving her despite her DNR...she was 92 and went on to live another year!

I will keep your Father and family in my thoughts, and if you don't mind I will add Him to my prayers.
TIMBERWOLF is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TIMBERWOLF For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2011, 07:29 PM   #106
violaine
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
atypical
Preferred Pronoun?:
plague words and phrases
Relationship Status:
love wise guys of the avian world

Thanked 3,294 Times in 1,301 Posts
violaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputation
Smile cross posting!

http://ecohabits.net/yacon-syrup-hea...r-alternative/

http://mariahealth.blogspot.com/2010...con-syrup.html

i picked up some of this today at whole foods on my way to a pet sitting account. though i'm not trying to lose weight, it still makes sense for any 'body' to not cause unnecessary spikes in blood concentrations of insulin and glucose.
violaine is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to violaine For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2011, 08:38 PM   #107
WhiteTigress

How Do You Identify?:
Femme, somewhat high maintenance
Preferred Pronoun?:
She. There should be no doubt!

WhiteTigress Has the BEST ReputationWhiteTigress Has the BEST ReputationWhiteTigress Has the BEST ReputationWhiteTigress Has the BEST ReputationWhiteTigress Has the BEST ReputationWhiteTigress Has the BEST ReputationWhiteTigress Has the BEST ReputationWhiteTigress Has the BEST ReputationWhiteTigress Has the BEST ReputationWhiteTigress Has the BEST ReputationWhiteTigress Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Ms. Tink,

Dad came home tonight, and Timber's there with him. His crashes weren't cardiac crashes, but blood glucose crashes. He's never gone into cardiac arrest, but they have determined that he's had two mild heart attacks. We are grateful for any prayers and/or positive energy sent on his behalf.

Timber arrived in San Diego yesterday, and will return to Houston next Friday. There is no internet access at Dad's house, so I will keep everyone posted, via my phone conversations with Timber.

WT
WhiteTigress is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WhiteTigress For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2011, 11:12 PM   #108
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteTigress View Post
Ms. Tink,

Dad came home tonight, and Timber's there with him. His crashes weren't cardiac crashes, but blood glucose crashes. He's never gone into cardiac arrest, but they have determined that he's had two mild heart attacks. We are grateful for any prayers and/or positive energy sent on his behalf.

Timber arrived in San Diego yesterday, and will return to Houston next Friday. There is no internet access at Dad's house, so I will keep everyone posted, via my phone conversations with Timber.

WT
I meant blood sugar crashes. Glad to hear he is home.

Blessings to you all.
Old 04-17-2011, 12:09 PM   #109
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Well I fell off the food wagon again..two peices of home made apple pie.Do I feel bad about it??He** no,the pie was good plus from a friend who knows I love good pie,besides its been to long since I had a good home cooked pie.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2011, 01:47 PM   #110
Goo

How Do You Identify?:
dapper and androgynous by nature, human by choice
Preferred Pronoun?:
i usually answer to anything
Relationship Status:
in a LDR since Oct 2010

Goo Has the BEST ReputationGoo Has the BEST ReputationGoo Has the BEST ReputationGoo Has the BEST ReputationGoo Has the BEST ReputationGoo Has the BEST ReputationGoo Has the BEST ReputationGoo Has the BEST ReputationGoo Has the BEST ReputationGoo Has the BEST ReputationGoo Has the BEST Reputation

went to the hospital the other night, because of some infected teeth I developed. They put me on penicillin, and ever since I've been taking the antibiotics, my b.s has been unusually high. This morning for instance I took it at my normal time, and it was 348, and I didn't eat or drink anything.

Anyone else have this issue when taking antibiotics?

The Artist formerly Known as CottonCandy
Goo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Goo For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2011, 01:58 PM   #111
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by CottonCandy View Post
went to the hospital the other night, because of some infected teeth I developed. They put me on penicillin, and ever since I've been taking the antibiotics, my b.s has been unusually high. This morning for instance I took it at my normal time, and it was 348, and I didn't eat or drink anything.

Yep, every time. Steroids are even worse.....
Old 04-17-2011, 04:02 PM   #112
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation

I am ok on antibiotics. Now steroids my numbers go up to the 400's+. I just hate this disease. It is a major pain in the butt.

I am eating more fruit and veggies than ever before, and my numbers are dropping again. But time will tell. *deep sigh
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Andrew, Jr. For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2011, 04:04 PM   #113
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinonahigh View Post
Well I fell off the food wagon again..two peices of home made apple pie.Do I feel bad about it??He** no,the pie was good plus from a friend who knows I love good pie,besides its been to long since I had a good home cooked pie.
What, you mean you're HUMAN??? LOL

Just get back with it....over time a blip is just that, a blip. It is the long haul that matters with this disease.
Old 04-17-2011, 04:44 PM   #114
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
What, you mean you're HUMAN??? LOL

Just get back with it....over time a blip is just that, a blip. It is the long haul that matters with this disease.
Thanks,its nice to hear(read) those words.,my son gave me the stink eye but it didnt stop him from eating nearly half the pie.He is the one who needs to keep a check on his sugar cause nearly all his dads family have this problem.
My back has been the devils hand maden for a couple of days so ive been takeing tramadole and flexerill trying to settle the thing down..we are going thrue the last two weeks of the pool season,I know I have spent to much time bent over the table shoothing pool for hours...my team is only points away from the top of a top 3 teams.I know I need to give it a rest...but but but we want to go to VEGAS and play.
Old 04-17-2011, 05:03 PM   #115
Goo

How Do You Identify?:
dapper and androgynous by nature, human by choice
Preferred Pronoun?:
i usually answer to anything
Relationship Status:
in a LDR since Oct 2010

Goo Has the BEST ReputationGoo Has the BEST ReputationGoo Has the BEST ReputationGoo Has the BEST ReputationGoo Has the BEST ReputationGoo Has the BEST ReputationGoo Has the BEST ReputationGoo Has the BEST ReputationGoo Has the BEST ReputationGoo Has the BEST ReputationGoo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew, Jr. View Post

I am ok on antibiotics. Now steroids my numbers go up to the 400's+. I just hate this disease. It is a major pain in the butt.

I agree, diabetes is a major pain in the butt

The Artist formerly Known as CottonCandy
Goo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Goo For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2011, 06:23 PM   #116
T4Texas

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Ready to play again!

T4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST Reputation

I have been diabetic for about 11 years. The first several of those years I spent ignoring my doctors and taking the meds haphazardly. In 2005 I had a blood clot in my lung and I woke up one morning with my leg swollen and unable to catch my breath at all. I went to the hospital and thus began a year and a half of medical treatment for two pulmonary embolisms, uterine cancer and a bad gallbladder. My blood sugar would spike up to around 600 and a lot of time was spent getting that straight. 3 surgeries later, I was back on track with the meds but still having eating problems as I was on blood thinner in addition to other medications and it came to pass that I couldnt eat anything for one reason or another so the frustration got the better of me and I stopped taking all the meds again.
The early part of this year, my health started slipping away from me again. I was putting on weight (fluid) and I returned to the hospital because there were symptoms of another pulmonary embolism. I had a filter installed and felt relatively safe with that, but it turned out a clot got past it and went up so there I was in the hospital again. This time they ran a bunch of tests and informed me I have congestive heart failure with my heart working at only 20% capacity. My diabetes was out of control, bp was excessively high and I was gaining fluid like crazy. I was becoming barely mobile and felt Like I was wading through water all the time. I wound up at the cardiologist who got me on some decent meds, I had to start taking insulin shots, back on the blood thinner and he gave me lasix for the water gain.
Currently I have lost 45 pounds (mostly fluid), am taking all my meds. My blood sugar is back to normal levels and I have totally modified my diet to a no salt, low fat regime. I eat no more packaged foods, stopped eating out, and eat mostly meat and fresh fruits and veggies. It has made a world of difference in how I feel. I have more energy now, am looking forward to losing some more weight and keeping the diabetes under control. Diabetes is a silent killer. It tricks you because you do not often feel the symptoms of it or know the damage it is doing to your body. My cardiologist told me that if I didnt take the heart meds and keep the diabetes under control, I would be lucky to live five more years. It scared the hell out of me. I have found the new diet is not so bad, I am cooking more at home and being creative with it and I do not mind giving myself shots as I like the results I am getting. I would encourage anyone with diabetes to read up on the subject extensively, try very hard to stick to a plan and not be stupid like I was. I found there were many online forums that address diabetic/low salt diets and give you suggestions for things to take for lunch, etc. I found a lot of that helpful.
Old 04-17-2011, 06:34 PM   #117
SoulSearcher

Default Hello everyone

I got diagnosed with diabetes back in November and I guess you could say I lived in denial for a while. I forget what the doc said my A1C was at the time, i know it had a 4 and a 6 in it but not sure if it was 4.6 or 6.4. However.. when I first started checking my sugar it was never like over 250. Now my sugar never runs over 140.

I used to eat at least 3 sweets a day and drink at least 3 can sodas a day. Now... I have only had 1 soda in over a month, i have had a total of like 4 cookies in over a month, only 1 small piece of cinnamon cake and 1 ice cream cone. Other then that for snacks and desserts I have been eating yogurt cups, delicious 90 calorie pack rice cakes, Celery with peanut butter, the occasional popcorn and the occasional bowl of sherbert.

I now have milk with breakfast and the whole rest of the day I drink water or water with a crystal light packet that is made with truvia. Those are really good. I have never liked any of the artificial sweetners but this truvia in this crystal light pure is really good.

I also take walks at least 3 times a week. I walk whatever I feel up to walking because sadly I also have rheumatoid arthritis, major nerve damage to my sciatic nerve and hypo thyroid-ism; so sometimes I am hurting too bad to walk at all.

My doctor does not know about my changes yet but my diabetic nutritionist does and she told me she is extremely proud of me. I pretty much gave all of the sweets and sugary drinks up after my first visit with her. She was just somehow motivating.

As for the carbs and starches... She said I could have between 15-30 carbs per snack and 45-60 per meal. I do watch my carbs also... Instead of eating like potatoes at dinner, I either eat a salad or a yogurt cup. She said a great thing to do is to incorporate your desert into your meal instead of eating as desert. For example: The eating the yogurt cup in place of the potatoes.

She also said that as for your portion sizes, she said everyone especially diabetics should remember this..... Your vegetables should take up 1/2 of your plate. Then you have a half of your plate left. Of that half that you have left your meat should take up 3/4's of that half however it should not be a fried meat such as fried chicken. Then you now have 1/4th of your plate left which should be your starch such as potatoes, corn, rice, pasta, etc...

Anyways that is just my story and a few tips that my diabetic nutritionist gave me. I hope they help at least 1 person. Hope everyone is having a great day/night.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2011, 06:54 PM   #118
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

When the doc said I was becomeing pre diabetic my test said 6.4 I think..but any way all I got was a big envelop in the mail with a diet plan in it..thats it.No one told me how many carbs pr meal to eat or gave me anyway to track the sugar..wich would help a lot to beable to check a couple times a day cause I wanna know what it is so I can regulate what I eat better.Sofar I hvent herd from anyone else at the hospital or dr.s office about a thing.I got an appointment next month so I will work it all out then,I did call but no response..figures.
Old 04-18-2011, 08:03 PM   #119
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by CottonCandy View Post

Yes...and also fighting an infection will spike your blood sugar levels as well...even if it's in your teeth.

I'm working on eating more veggies...and trying to make my treats things that help me instead of hurt me, like a glass of red wine.

My health coach (who is also a nutritionist) also recommends the "half a plate of veggies" technique, as well as making snacks mostly veggie. He recommended that I do the veggie preparation (washing, peeling, chopping) as a part of unpacking and putting away the groceries...then I'm more likely to grab vegetables for snacks since the work is already done. So far, it's helping. Having a big ziploc bag of cauliflower florets, celery and carrot sticks, etc. means that I reach for those to munch on instead of heading for the potato chips or cookies.

Every little bit helps.

Wishing you all and good health.
Old 04-18-2011, 08:10 PM   #120
scootebaby
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
yes dear
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 6,737 Times in 1,777 Posts
scootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJo View Post
My health coach (who is also a nutritionist) also recommends the "half a plate of veggies" technique, as well as making snacks mostly veggie. He recommended that I do the veggie preparation (washing, peeling, chopping) as a part of unpacking and putting away the groceries...then I'm more likely to grab vegetables for snacks since the work is already done. So far, it's helping. Having a big ziploc bag of cauliflower florets, celery and carrot sticks, etc. means that I reach for those to munch on instead of heading for the potato chips or cookies.

Every little bit helps.

Wishing you all and good health.
even tho im not diabetic this ritual would help me eat better too. I am lazy by nature,so i grab what is quick! if there were ready to eat veggies i would grab those instead!

of course my sweetie has got both my son and me eating a lot better than we ever have
scootebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to scootebaby For This Useful Post: