Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Support: Abuse, Addiction, Coping

Old 12-09-2009, 11:58 PM   #101
NotAnAverageGuy
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Trans

NotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the roughNotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the roughNotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the roughNotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the rough

Belle,

how are the pigs doing?
NotAnAverageGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 12:16 AM   #102
violaine
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
atypical
Preferred Pronoun?:
plague words and phrases
Relationship Status:
love wise guys of the avian world

Thanked 3,294 Times in 1,301 Posts
violaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

well, thank you kindly for asking.

how are your gliders?
violaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 12:17 AM   #103
NotAnAverageGuy
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Trans

NotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the roughNotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the roughNotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the roughNotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the rough

yw hun and the suggies are doing great they just got fed
Old 12-10-2009, 12:29 AM   #104
violaine
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
atypical
Preferred Pronoun?:
plague words and phrases
Relationship Status:

violaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputation

i throw hay parties for the pigs all of the time! they know the word/my tone- and are open to having them any time of the day or night!

i am glad your babies are doing well. a lot of company for you, i bet.
Old 12-10-2009, 12:33 AM   #105
NotAnAverageGuy
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Trans

very much so they keep me occupied often when they are awake

mainly my male because he thinks I have superworms for him all the time, which I don't cuz they are a rare treat for him.
Old 12-10-2009, 01:02 AM   #106
violaine
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
atypical
Preferred Pronoun?:
plague words and phrases
Relationship Status:

i am going to check on star and moo one last time before bed. hard not to get them up. i'll say hallo from your boys-

here's some from all of us
The Following User Says Thank You to violaine For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2009, 01:04 AM   #107
NotAnAverageGuy
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Trans

Quote:
Originally Posted by violaine View Post
i am going to check on star and moo one last time before bed. hard not to get them up. i'll say hallo from your boys-

here's some from all of us

Please do and ty for the worms

I am about to head to bed soon myself
The Following User Says Thank You to NotAnAverageGuy For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2009, 02:12 AM   #108
violaine
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
atypical
Preferred Pronoun?:
plague words and phrases
Relationship Status:

good night

Old 12-10-2009, 02:15 AM   #109
NotAnAverageGuy
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Trans

Good night Belle
Old 12-10-2009, 09:50 AM   #110
Kimbo

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Eligible Butchelor

Kimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST Reputation

Tonight there is a documentary on called Pedigree dogs exposed. The AKC has come out against the documentary which does not surprise me at all due to the fact that they seem to promote puppy mills. It's on BBC America or you can find it in full online--I don't have time to google it this morning. Warning it is sad...

http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/pedigree-dogs-exposed/
Kimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kimbo For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2009, 12:16 PM   #111
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Smile Prayer for Animals

I received a book last year called "For the Love of Stray Cats" by Father Joe Breighner. It is very easy reading. In the front of the book is a prayer for animals that was written by Dr. Albert Schweitzer, MD. This is how it goes:

"Hear our humble prayer, o God, for our friends, the animals. We pray especially for animals who are suffering; for any who are hunted or lost; for any who are deserted, or frightened, or hungry. We pray for all animals who must be put to death. We entreat for them all Thy mercy and pity. And, for those who deal with them, we ask a heart of compassion, gentle hands, and kindly words. Make us ourselves to be true friends to the animals, and so to share the blessings of the merciful."
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Andrew, Jr. For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2009, 01:37 PM   #112
violaine
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
atypical
Preferred Pronoun?:
plague words and phrases
Relationship Status:

[QUOTE=violaine;19614]http://www.asilomaraccords.org/read.html

hallo andrew and kimbo

asilomar accords = one of many important resources available to people who work with companion animals.

there's much information i'd like to post with regard to specific steps people can take who are looking for answers/change- about how a shelter operates, obtaining statistics, licensing information,limited permits, eu procedures, training, board of pharmacy, controlled substance registration, and/or working with county commissioners who are not responsive to [founded] complaints within their community pertaining to the shelter.

more later- might be timed out!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to violaine For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2009, 02:21 PM   #113
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

Belle,

I would love to know more about that. Please share more when you can!

Love,
Andrew
The Following User Says Thank You to Andrew, Jr. For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2009, 02:55 PM   #114
Kimbo

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Eligible Butchelor

Kimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST Reputation

laughing therapy for dogs--this was on our local news last night. What a simple thing to do in shelters to make dogs calmer and more comfortable--most of all though more adoptable.

I really hope the link works.

http://www.king5.com/on-tv/evening-m...-78924772.html
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kimbo For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2009, 05:49 PM   #115
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

I used to volunteer at a local shelter rocking cats. I loved it. It was just one night a week. However, if the cats didn't get adopted out, they were put down. I had to stop volunteering because of how hard it was for me. I found that I would be rocking cats, then small dogs, and then I had a bird of some sort that would sit on my shoulder - I think it was a love bird that lost his/her mate. Anyway, within a few weeks the bird died. I am it was from a broken heart. But I never saw any of the ferrets or sugar gliders you guys all talk about. I wish I did. I would be able to tell you a story or two about those rascals then. But for now, I just have my cats and a few small dogs. :ju nesmiley:

The joy they gave me.
Old 12-10-2009, 08:38 PM   #116
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,892 Times in 5,770 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimbo View Post
Tonight there is a documentary on called Pedigree dogs exposed. The AKC has come out against the documentary which does not surprise me at all due to the fact that they seem to promote puppy mills. It's on BBC America or you can find it in full online--I don't have time to google it this morning. Warning it is sad...

http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/pedigree-dogs-exposed/
Yes, too sad....I didn't get very far before I had to shut it off. :-( I appreciate the film being made, however.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2009, 09:46 PM   #117
NotAnAverageGuy
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Trans

I can't watch stuff like that, it raises my bp and my temper
Old 12-10-2009, 10:43 PM   #118
Kimbo

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Eligible Butchelor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
Yes, too sad....I didn't get very far before I had to shut it off. :-( I appreciate the film being made, however.
The first 15 minutes suck but I tell you that is a really good documentary full of information. I thought I was pretty informed on breeding but the whole eugenics compenent ... gez. The continuous affirmation of genetically sick animals with best of breed awards. The information on Rhodesian ridgebacks, pugs, bulldogs, bassets and pictures of the breed 100 years ago and what is deemed best in breed now....holy crap.

I was given a Boston Terrier as a gift a bazillion years ago...he was such a sick dog--I named my credit card after him and ended up putting him down due to the pallet issue pug nosed dogs have. I've had one purebred dog---I will never ever have another.

The denial of people regarding the genetics and the ability of these people to turn a blind eye just amazes me...really really amazes me!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kimbo For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2009, 12:26 AM   #119
violaine
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
atypical
Preferred Pronoun?:
plague words and phrases
Relationship Status:

Default plenty of info-

serious stuff.

here are some links for help with outlining a draft whenever a really awful shelter is not working at all in favour of the animals or even active within your community. often times, the community members-taxpayers- are the ones paying for shelter services. Some of the info is for the state of Indiana.

how well another shelter operates- i.e., a wonderful facility in another county for example, can be kept in mind for a draft/outline- but placing the focus on your county is critical. Once statistics are brought in, these will speak volumes for a comparison of just how well shelters can operate, and expenses even lowered by using volunteers, internet- petfinders, fundraising, linking with other shelters, rescue groups and so on [saving taxpayers money is a key point, again, as they are the people who pay for AC services if the shelter falls under a municipality].

*first off, ask yourself what the goal is you wish to achieve* & who all will be addressed, and also present to speak/contribute during any meetings with county commissioners?

find out the type of licensing for an animal control shelter:

https://extranet.in.gov/WebLookup/Search.aspx
[your state Gov- can then search facility by name]

if a facility has a S/N [spay/neuter] clinic and a vet[s] on board, there should be licensing. Shelters without S/N clinics, handling controlled substances such as those used for euthanasia, may be operating under a “limited permit”, and state codes explained in the link below:

http://www.in.gov/pla/2902.htm

application process for controlled substances, and what must be in place prior to approved licensing?

http://www.in.gov/icpr/webfile/formsdiv/52616.pdf
[if this link will not come up, it’s found under the limited permit info page]

http://www.purdue.edu/REM/eh/DEA.htm
[Additional info [for state of Indiana]

what are some of the controlled substances, and checking your state laws:

http://www.dar.uiuc.edu/faqs_controlled_drugs.htm

http://209.85.229.132/search?q=cache...ol&hl=en&gl=us

Board of Pharmacy, may prescribes the controlled substances to a shelter under a controlled substance advisory committee:

http://www.in.gov/pla/3015.htm

any time a shelter is being investigated, say for unusually high eu rates, complaints, budget issues, et c., here’s how to use the FOIA [freedom of information act] obtain information from a shelter, such as statistics:

http://www.nathanwinograd.com/?p=1837
[go to bottom of page for sample request]

http://www.foiadvocates.com/howto.html

http://www.firstamendmentcenter.org/...ic=how_to_FOIA

*some questions to look at for submitting to the shelter, explained in the FOIA [freedom of information act] might very easily be found on the CSR [controlled substance release] form.

Last edited by violaine; 12-11-2009 at 12:45 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to violaine For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2009, 09:09 PM   #120
violaine
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
atypical
Preferred Pronoun?:
plague words and phrases
Relationship Status:

Smile

my neighbour is calling the cat, "baby". this cat is a mellow marshmellow. she rolls a lot = happyhappy. i think her eyes are sensitive to light, she's been declawed, and i'd guess her age to be round five or six. baby is cream and white with lemon eyes, and lovely. i bought her a cute collar, 4 catnip toys, litter, and i get food free from walmart [torn bags] for the humane society. i deliver the containers of cat/dog chow to a food pantry. baby has a good human in my neighbour, and an auntie belle

maybe anyone in need of cat/dog kibbles could also check with their local walmart - if the food has been picked up already, ask to which food pantry it was delivered.

hope you are all well.

The Following User Says Thank You to violaine For This Useful Post: