Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 08-22-2011, 10:28 AM   #1261
PinkieLee

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
I need ya boo, gotta see ya boo

Thanked 13,086 Times in 3,051 Posts
PinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novelafemme View Post
Pinkie, have you heard about the Paleo diet? It's not really a diet, per say, but rather a way of eating that harkens back to hunter/gatherer days. It is comprised of lean meat and fish, fruits/veggies, nuts and seeds. No wheat, dairy or legumes. I have been eating this way for a little over a year now and SWEAR by it. My digestion has improved drastically and I feel incredible. I still do eat a bit of dairy (feta or goat cheese mostly) but the biggest change I have noticed is that when I do splurge and eat wheat or heavier dairy products like ice cream, I feel terrible! I highly recommend it!!
No, I haven't heard about it, but will definitely check it out. I don't know if I could give up dairy or wheat ~ they are staples in my house. Luckily, I have been able to give up white rice & white bread without any problem.

D probably would like the program though... she's not big into dairy products (other than chili con queso )

THANK YOU so much!
PinkieLee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to PinkieLee For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2011, 10:29 AM   #1262
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Well im not a big fan of breakfast either so its a good thing I dont get tired of cottage cheese and water packed peaches,or some fresh strawberries to add to it.Also I usely have 1 or 2 cups of coffee with non dairy creamer in it just enough to taste right to me.Im going off to the gym in a little bit so I will take some string cheese and apple slices with me incase I need them,will have lunch when I get back...some kind of salad with hard boiled eggs in it.Dnner tonight will be grilled fish steaks seasoned with sea salt,fresh cracked black pepper,a squeez id lemon then some dill layed on top of it with a side salad to round out the meal.Desert will be later when I want a snack,maybe apple slices w/pb or chedar cheese.Im finding if I eat a little something before bed thats in the food frange I keep dureing the day I feel beter when I get up cause I sleep better.This morning I tested before I ate and came in a t 101..wich means im useing up the carbs while burning calories and fast cells like im suposed to.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2011, 10:31 AM   #1263
starryeyes

How Do You Identify?:
a round peg in a square hole
Preferred Pronoun?:
Guess...
Relationship Status:
Seat taken

Thanked 10,056 Times in 2,077 Posts
starryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputation

I have been all kinds of off track! I just don't feel motivated like I used to. Before I had a girlfrend, I was running everyday, tracking like a fiend and really following plan.... now after I have been with my girlfreind, I feel less motivated LOL!! so annoying. I am going to start making little steps again to get back on track. I am still 42 lbs less than I was when I started WW, and under 200 lbs... so I am doing ok.... but if that scale hits 200 again... I will be all kinds of upset!!

here is too a good week, on track!!

:-)
Starry
starryeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to starryeyes For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2011, 10:35 AM   #1264
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,872 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

I picked up a few groceries yesterday to get me through the week:

Pepperidge Farm Very Thin Wheat Bread - $4
Super lean thin-sliced cajun deli Turkey - $4
Bag of 3 romaine hearts - $2
Huge bag of Fujis - $3
Cantaloupe - $2
Huge bag of black plums - $3
Dannon Light and Fit - $3
Bananas - $2
2 Amy's burritos - $5
2 Bags of Quakes rice cakes - $3
1 box of sugar-free banana pops - $2
4 bags veggie steamers - $5
Bag of baby carrots - $1
4 ears of corn - $1
1 pkg wheat English Muffins - $2

This all came out to $42 and is enough food to last me all week for breakfast and lunches (coupled, of course, with a huge bag of mixed berries that I already have and condiments) and several dinners (minus the chicken I already have).

For dinners I usually have a lean chicken or beef with a salad and steamed veggies. EASY.
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2011, 10:41 AM   #1265
PinkieLee

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

PinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST Reputation

Speaking of Quakes rice cakes... Medusa, have you tried the new flavor?! Vanilla Creme Brulee.... HOLY CRAP! I like them better than the carmel corn!! I have only found one store that carries them... and they are usually on sale for $1.25!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PinkieLee For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2011, 10:44 AM   #1266
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,872 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkieLee View Post
Speaking of Quakes rice cakes... Medusa, have you tried the new flavor?! Vanilla Creme Brulee.... HOLY CRAP! I like them better than the carmel corn!! I have only found one store that carries them... and they are usually on sale for $1.25!
Heck no - I JUST now discovered the chocolate flavor! I have been eating the cheddar cheese ones as a chips alternative when I do my turkey sandwich or tuna.

They are ADDICTIVE!
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2011, 10:45 AM   #1267
Scorp
Italian Stallion

How Do You Identify?:
DNA Usually...

Thanked 4,721 Times in 1,270 Posts
Scorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST Reputation

One of my favorite flicks is:

Fatso (which stars Dom DeLuise) a 1980 classic that will make you laugh and relate if you're dieting, etc. Especially if you're a ginzo like me, you will relate moreso...This is one my all time favorite movies.

The film begins by chronicling the DiNapoli siblings - Antoinette (Bancroft), Domenico (DeLuise), and Frank Jr. (Carey) - growing up, whenever young Dom became upset by something, the one thing his mother did to comfort him, was to feed him, from nursing him while crying in the middle of the night as a baby, to giving him a cannoli after being urinated on by his baby brother as he's being changed. Because of this, Dom grew up with a love of food, a trait that was shared by his equally obese cousin, Salvatore (Sal).

When Sal suddenly dies at the young age of thirty-nine, the entire family grieves, and prompts Antoinette to urge Dom to visit the diet doctor that Sal was supposed to visit, so as not to further copy his cousin's unhealthy eating habits, and drive himself into an early grave as well. Dom is reluctant, but agrees to do so when he begins to realize the signs that his obesity is ruining his health; after his examination, Dom is heartbroken when he is given his new diet plan, and he sees the long list of things he can no longer eat, that he has always loved. The diets fail, and Dom's eating habits begin to drive his sister crazy, who enlists him in the Chubby Checkers support group.

I'm not going to say anymore about it, in case you decide to rent it on Net Flix. It's worth every minute to watch it has a lot of humor in it and also puts things into perspective for folks struggling with their weight..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
You have to know that the Virgo in me SALIVATES whenever someone makes a list in here of any kind.

So can we make some lists? How about a list of movies to watch that will inspire you to eat healthier?
We could start with:

1. Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead
2. Supersize Me
3. Food, Inc.

Also, grocery lists?! (VIRGO!)
Scorp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Scorp For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2011, 10:50 AM   #1268
PinkieLee

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Heck no - I JUST now discovered the chocolate flavor! I have been eating the cheddar cheese ones as a chips alternative when I do my turkey sandwich or tuna.

They are ADDICTIVE!
They are so good! They have that slightly sweet & crunchy thing going on. Yeah, 13 of them for only 3 points!

I haven't tried the cheddar cheese ones yet... but you are right, that's a great alternative to chips to go along with sandwiches. I think they also have a sour cream & onion flavor, too.

I was in Subway the other day and they now have Apple Crisps (I'm guessing dehydrated apples) in the chip area as an alternative to the potato chip, too.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PinkieLee For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2011, 10:58 AM   #1269
Novelafemme
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 8,925 Times in 1,834 Posts
Novelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
You have to know that the Virgo in me SALIVATES whenever someone makes a list in here of any kind.

So can we make some lists? How about a list of movies to watch that will inspire you to eat healthier?
We could start with:

2. Supersize Me
3. Food, Inc.

Also, grocery lists?! (VIRGO!)

Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead was life changing for me. As was Food, Inc.
Novelafemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Novelafemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2011, 11:03 AM   #1270
Novelafemme
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 8,925 Times in 1,834 Posts
Novelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST Reputation

i just have to throw a couple more ideas out there since food is a hobby of mine.

if anyone is trying the route of dairy/wheat free...try adding slivered almonds and capers to your tunafish and then rolling it up in a leaf of romaine lettuce instead of bread. it is sooooo yummy and you save by not eating so many carbs.

i actually use lettuce a lot as a replacement for bread. not iceberg though, as it has zero nutritional value.
Novelafemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Novelafemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2011, 11:04 AM   #1271
Scorp
Italian Stallion

How Do You Identify?:
DNA Usually...

Scorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST Reputation

Have you folks tried these yet? These are VERY good and only 3 points for 29 chips! A favorite in our household especially on the side with a sandwich...

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Scorp For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2011, 11:36 AM   #1272
ruffryder

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
guy ones
Relationship Status:

Thanked 9,678 Times in 2,875 Posts
ruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputation

Hello everybody!

Mist bud, glad you joined us. Great advice, tips, info and people in here!
As for your meat coming out tough on your small grill, try cooking it less time and maybe turning it once. It shouldn't be cooked more than 10 minutes. . depending how you like it leave it a bit pink? and it will be juicy and delicious. I like to use top sirloin. The advice I would like to give you is drink more water. I buy 20 - 30 water bottles at a time and stock my fridge so it's always cold. . and maybe invest in an ice tea maker. . unsweetened of course is best if you need flavor you can add lemon slices and stevia sweetener. Also lots of variety of fresh fruits and fresh vegetables.

Scorp I drink beer so thanks for that info. I will be going back to lower calorie and light beer when I do want some.

My breakfast was honey oats with almonds 3/4 cup and fat free milk 1/2 cup = 170 calories and dark roast coffee 2 cups.
My snack before lunch will be 1 cup of cantaloupe chunks.
For lunch I want to go get some of that chicken breast cajun deli meat and the thin sandwich whole wheat buns with tomato slice. Mmm.

For me today it's more water!

This is what I prefer for bread. There is a different variety and brands to choose from.

ruffryder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ruffryder For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2011, 11:45 AM   #1273
Scorp
Italian Stallion

How Do You Identify?:
DNA Usually...

A few of my favorite lunch meats from Hormel Natural Choice:
4 slices = 2 points...Yep I said 2 points only!

1-1/2 slices = 1 point...
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Scorp For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2011, 02:52 PM   #1274
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

I just got back from the gym a while ago,u bet I had a really full work out.What I find thats way diffrent with the exsecycles I ride that the calorie counter is never the same on either of them.Last week I rode 9 miles with well over 100 calories used today I rode a diffrent bike but only went 7 miles before maxing out the thing for a whoping 69 calories burnes for 25 minits rideing time.My speed was the same as were my rpm's so I really dont get it but just ride for all im worth anyway.After I got off the bike I went to the weight room and did a bunch of diffrent things with the lowest reps being 2setsets of 10 the highest being 4 sets of 20 I did everything form squats to leg presses to crunch machines with alternateing 30,40 and 60 pounds resistant and u bet my abbs feel it.Then I went around doing ten 2 twenty of what ever struck my fancy.What I really wish I could do is run on the tredmill...in my head I know how but when it comes to doing it I cant quite get the coordanation down very well..crazy makes no sence to me.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2011, 03:13 PM   #1275
Anastasia

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Not Looking

Anastasia Has the BEST ReputationAnastasia Has the BEST ReputationAnastasia Has the BEST ReputationAnastasia Has the BEST ReputationAnastasia Has the BEST ReputationAnastasia Has the BEST ReputationAnastasia Has the BEST ReputationAnastasia Has the BEST ReputationAnastasia Has the BEST ReputationAnastasia Has the BEST ReputationAnastasia Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJo View Post
Welcome BigButchMistie....so glad you joined us!

I see you're already getting lots of good advice. I'm a big advocate of making small, progressive changes. Usually when we try to do everything at once, it's a lot harder to stick to.
I could not agree more. In my experience, if I go from completely out of control to 800 calories of celery and twigs a day, I find myself foaming at the mouth in a Baskin Robbins within a month.

I am by no means an expert, but I stay within 25 pounds of my preferred weight ( I know that is a lot. I have food issues, ok? ) because of changes I made about 10 years ago. I exercise a lot, and while that is good for your overall health too, I have found that it is not the answer to weight loss for me. I have to eat less and eat better.

I hate that part.

Anyhoo...

Things that help me when I need to get a handle on food again :

1. No fast food. Even if they have this "great new XYZ that is only 100 calories!" Eventually I will be ordering a Double Whopper with fries/Burrito Supreme/etc. etc...

I call fast food the 'gateway drug' once i allow myself to go there, it is only time before I am recognized and called by name when I come into the store.

2. Drink a glass of water before I eat a meal.

3. Find a salad dressing that I can stand that does not have a ton calories (like 100 cal/2 tbsp I like any of the light balsamic vinegrettes), and salad toppers that you like (no more than 50 calories Here is the one I like )

and then eat my salad before the stuff I want to eat (I dislike/borderline hate veggies too. It makes me eat them and takes the edge off my hunger so I am less likely to chip a tooth on the plate, as I try to inhale my dinner because I let myself get too hungry )

4. Drink water all day long. I carry it with me. I drink until I feel like I am going to float away. Then I drink some more. It helps me by making me feel fuller. I tend to binge eat and eat portions for a person twice (or three, four, five, times) my size. Feeling fuller helps curb the need to fill with food.

5. Pack my lunch and snacks to work. When I my little bag is out of food. I am done. Hopefully that is not by 10 am, like today. Progression not perfection, as they say.

5. Be honest with myself and write down everything I eat. It makes me make better choices when i know I have to look at the whole bloody list and see just how bad it was.

I am currently doing Weight Watchers and I find it to be a pretty realistic and sustainable program.

Is it perfect? No, but am I going to eat perfectly? No. I loves me some cake and shortbread cookies too much for that.
Anastasia is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Anastasia For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2011, 04:57 PM   #1276
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,542 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
We could start with:

2. Supersize Me
3. Food, Inc.

"Ingredients" It's on Netflix streaming and probably elsewhere too.
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2011, 05:10 PM   #1277
Zimmeh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Me
Relationship Status:
I am a human and not a possession

Thanked 13,442 Times in 4,316 Posts
Zimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST Reputation

Good Evening Everyone,

I watched that movie, "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead" over the weekend and it made me cry. To know, that was me almost five years ago is hard. I still have my sweets, but I have decided that soda or any form of alcohol is a no no and I don't crave either.

When I go grocery shopping, I normally pick up stuff that is easy for me to make on the nights when I get home late or I have to work until 11pm. I have found that keeping individual packs of chicken in the freezer and frozen veggies are the best. I stay away from processed cheese and usually go to the deli or for the Sargento brand cheese. I told my roommate, that the loaf of bread in the pantry is my last and I am going to keep myself in check and not have anymore bread. I don't consume a lot of sugar, salt, or fried foods. I am having a hard time with losing the last twenty pounds to reach my goal weight and it is becoming frustrating.

I am headed to the gym in a bit..

Zimmy
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Zimmeh For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2011, 05:15 PM   #1278
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,542 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinonahigh View Post
I just got back from the gym a while ago,u bet I had a really full work out.What I find thats way diffrent with the exsecycles I ride that the calorie counter is never the same on either of them.Last week I rode 9 miles with well over 100 calories used today I rode a diffrent bike but only went 7 miles before maxing out the thing for a whoping 69 calories burnes for 25 minits rideing time.My speed was the same as were my rpm's so I really dont get it but just ride for all im worth anyway.After I got off the bike I went to the weight room and did a bunch of diffrent things with the lowest reps being 2setsets of 10 the highest being 4 sets of 20 I did everything form squats to leg presses to crunch machines with alternateing 30,40 and 60 pounds resistant and u bet my abbs feel it.Then I went around doing ten 2 twenty of what ever struck my fancy.What I really wish I could do is run on the tredmill...in my head I know how but when it comes to doing it I cant quite get the coordanation down very well..crazy makes no sence to me.
I found the same problem when I was still using a gym; all of the cardio equipment would give inconsistent readings. I worked with the staff on the problem for a while and they were unable to resolve it saying that it was probably the chips in the individual units. The equipment uses a combination of age, weight, gender, and heart rate to calculate calories burned. I finally just conceded that I would have to use my own heart rate monitor and do the math myself; I thought this was ridiculous but wanted accuracy.

What happened was sort of interesting. I bought a low/mid range Polar heart rate monitor that had a chest strap and would send readings to a wristwatch type device. When I started using it on the equipment I found it would input directly to onboard computers as well as the “watch”. It turns out that all of their cardio equipment had chips made by Polar in them and that the real problem they had was variable or non-functioning sensors in the grips/rails whatever input device. If I just made sure to avoid their sensors and wore my chest strap the onboard computers worked just fine and I could get consistent readings across all their different machines. This was at a 24 hour fitness center with about 90 machines, so I don’t know what you are using but my experience crossed several brand names. A “replacement” chest strap can be bought separately and might work.

On the other hand I like the “ride like heck“ until worn out approach too.
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2011, 06:15 PM   #1279
bigbutchmistie

How Do You Identify?:
Since You Need A Label. Butch
Relationship Status:
Still Dreaming Of My Happily Ever After

Thanked 5,364 Times in 1,941 Posts
bigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputation

Hello Everyone!

Pinkie you held out on me Thats why I havent been here. Heck it wasnt until someone told me about this thread I even knew it was here! LOL I guess I am sllllllow LOL

Anwyay, thanks to you all for all the great advice and tips. I am as we speak trying to find a doctor to go to. I already know the verdict.

And are you all on Weight Watchers? Did I miss something about that?

I am looking forward to positive changes in my life Plus being able to shop one day in regular stores instead of Big and Tall for Men...

Thanks again yall
bigbutchmistie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bigbutchmistie For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2011, 07:14 PM   #1280
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelt View Post
I found the same problem when I was still using a gym; all of the cardio equipment would give inconsistent readings. I worked with the staff on the problem for a while and they were unable to resolve it saying that it was probably the chips in the individual units. The equipment uses a combination of age, weight, gender, and heart rate to calculate calories burned. I finally just conceded that I would have to use my own heart rate monitor and do the math myself; I thought this was ridiculous but wanted accuracy.

What happened was sort of interesting. I bought a low/mid range Polar heart rate monitor that had a chest strap and would send readings to a wristwatch type device. When I started using it on the equipment I found it would input directly to onboard computers as well as the “watch”. It turns out that all of their cardio equipment had chips made by Polar in them and that the real problem they had was variable or non-functioning sensors in the grips/rails whatever input device. If I just made sure to avoid their sensors and wore my chest strap the onboard computers worked just fine and I could get consistent readings across all their different machines. This was at a 24 hour fitness center with about 90 machines, so I don’t know what you are using but my experience crossed several brand names. A “replacement” chest strap can be bought separately and might work.

On the other hand I like the “ride like heck“ until worn out approach too.
The ride like heck is what im doing,ppl there must think im nuts to be rideing or useing the equipment like that but im one of the fue that have a go for broke plan.I was so give out that when I got in my car to go home I just sat there cause it took a fue minits to go from gogogo to drive home mode.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post: