Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Religion, Spirituality, Mysticism

Old 10-15-2012, 11:31 PM   #1301
Lady Pamela

How Do You Identify?:
A Lady..Femme..Free Spirit with a touch of survivalist woman in me.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Spiritual Warrior..She Ra..Baby Doll, or anything close..ha!
Relationship Status:
In perfect love and perfect trust I believe that will be directed..for now Just friends in my life.

1 Highscore

Location: Live in Utah but take trips to Arkansas. Plan to move there eventually.
Thanked 5,939 Times in 1,609 Posts
Lady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by not2shygrrl View Post
so my dear LP, what is it symbolic of? if I may ask

ya gotta know I am NOT crazy about the idea of that serpent being my symbolic whatever..... UGH I am not scared of snakes and never have been. Just not sure that it is a positive symbol. LOL see what happens when I have access to unknown territory? This is called running with the ribbon.......run shy run!!
In answer to your question. This is a brief up but you get the point somewhat.
----------------------

Snake medicine people are rare. Their initiation involves experiencing and living through mulitple snake bites, which allows them to transmute all poisons, be they mental, physical, spiritual, or emotional. The power of snake medicine is the power of creation, for it embodies sexuality, psychic energy, alchemy, reproduction, and ascension (or immortality).

Snake energy is the energy of wholeness, cosmic consciousness, and the ability to experience anything willingly and without resistance. Mythological legends show Hermes the father of alchemy using the symbology of two snakes intertwining around a sword to represent healing. Complete understanding and acceptance of male and female within each organism creates a melding of the two into one, thereby producing divine energy.

Some words used to describe this snake medicine were: passion, desire, procreation, physical vitality, ambition, creation, resolution, dreams, intellect, power, charisma, leadership, wisdom, understanding, wholeness, and connection to the Great Spirit.

Previously I was afraid of snakes. Now I have a greater understanding and appreciation for this snake energy in my sandtray. It is moving me away from fear into the fire of creativity, leadership, and wholeness.
-------------------------
Reverse :

You have masked your ability to change. You may fear change, release the outer skin of your present identity to bring out the real you.

Copied from a couple other sources as they had written what I would have. in short.

I suggest looking it up and gaining more insight because this is definately not a negative...smiles

Blessed be:
Namaste

When negative thoughts come to mind,
Let them die stillborn.
Speak and do posotive in any situation,
And watch your dreams grow and flurish.
If you can't say anything posotive, Zip it up.
Do not give birth to that which you do not want to see grow.
See it, Believe it, Own it, Have it!
~*~ Lady Pamela ~*~
Lady Pamela is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lady Pamela For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2012, 04:32 PM   #1302
not2shygrrl

How Do You Identify?:
as a Lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
under the cover of starry starry nights...enjoying a warm fire in the pit !

Thanked 2,454 Times in 546 Posts
not2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputation
Default wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Pamela View Post
In answer to your question. This is a brief up but you get the point somewhat.
----------------------

Snake medicine people are rare. Their initiation involves experiencing and living through mulitple snake bites, which allows them to transmute all poisons, be they mental, physical, spiritual, or emotional. The power of snake medicine is the power of creation, for it embodies sexuality, psychic energy, alchemy, reproduction, and ascension (or immortality).

Snake energy is the energy of wholeness, cosmic consciousness, and the ability to experience anything willingly and without resistance. Mythological legends show Hermes the father of alchemy using the symbology of two snakes intertwining around a sword to represent healing. Complete understanding and acceptance of male and female within each organism creates a melding of the two into one, thereby producing divine energy.

Some words used to describe this snake medicine were: passion, desire, procreation, physical vitality, ambition, creation, resolution, dreams, intellect, power, charisma, leadership, wisdom, understanding, wholeness, and connection to the Great Spirit.

Previously I was afraid of snakes. Now I have a greater understanding and appreciation for this snake energy in my sandtray. It is moving me away from fear into the fire of creativity, leadership, and wholeness.
Reverse :

You have masked your ability to change. You may fear change, release the outer skin of your present identity to bring out the real you.

Copied from a couple other sources as they had written what I would have. in short.

I suggest looking it up and gaining more insight because this is definately not a negative...smiles

Blessed be:
Namaste

Thank you very much LP, for taking the time to find information and making the effort to educate me about the serpent. I still do not know what the whole circle thing is called, and I definitely will pursue more information via the web.

I am glad you are not fearful of your snake energy, fire when used in the positive power can be very dramatic. The creativity, wholeness and leadership that you are being guided toward are good explosions and I bet fit you like a glove. Fire over all is mesmerizing to most people, the colors, the fragrance, the warmth, the sounds, the embers, the rhythm, and yes the danger. No doubt it has some pretty fantastic healing ability.

Sandtray huh? Another term to google and get an understanding of......still educating me my dear friend! If I had to guess, well I wanna guess Sandtray is something kinky LOL........yanno ........just being a smass (smartass). Thank you my friend.
not2shygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to not2shygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2012, 01:40 AM   #1303
Lady Pamela

How Do You Identify?:
A Lady..Femme..Free Spirit with a touch of survivalist woman in me.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Spiritual Warrior..She Ra..Baby Doll, or anything close..ha!
Relationship Status:
In perfect love and perfect trust I believe that will be directed..for now Just friends in my life.

1 Highscore

Location: Live in Utah but take trips to Arkansas. Plan to move there eventually.
Thanked 5,939 Times in 1,609 Posts
Lady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST Reputation

When negative thoughts come to mind,
Let them die stillborn.
Speak and do posotive in any situation,
And watch your dreams grow and flurish.
If you can't say anything posotive, Zip it up.
Do not give birth to that which you do not want to see grow.
See it, Believe it, Own it, Have it!
~*~ Lady Pamela ~*~
Lady Pamela is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lady Pamela For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2012, 04:34 AM   #1304
Blaze

How Do You Identify?:
With my drivers Lic.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Gentleman.. Depends on the Situation.
Relationship Status:
Last Rodeo, what a ride, many sunrises & sunsets to be had...

Thanked 5,469 Times in 1,450 Posts
Blaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I am the Falcon

Representing a mixture of 3 combined tribes. Iroquois = My Fathers, Mother, my Grand Mother, Navaho/Apache = My Mothers, Father, my Grand Father. And the Pride of Hawaiian. And many other nationalities that combine a very spiritual blood in me so yes, I am the Falcon...

Quote:

I am the wolf. What are you?
Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Blaze For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2012, 10:23 PM   #1305
Rope

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy
Relationship Status:
polyamorous

Thanked 1,279 Times in 212 Posts
Rope Has the BEST ReputationRope Has the BEST ReputationRope Has the BEST ReputationRope Has the BEST ReputationRope Has the BEST ReputationRope Has the BEST ReputationRope Has the BEST ReputationRope Has the BEST ReputationRope Has the BEST ReputationRope Has the BEST ReputationRope Has the BEST Reputation
Default Two-Spirit honoring at the Oakland Main Library

The Native American Services Committee of the Oakland Public Library
presents its
21st Native American Culture Day

Honoring the Bay Area Two Spirit Community

Saturday, November 10, 2012 Noon-4pm

Oakland Main Library (5 blocks from Lake Merritt BART station)
125-14th Street, Bradley Walters Auditorium (Lower Floor)
Oakland, CA 94612

SINGING SPEAKERS SHORT FILMS HISTORY RAFFLE FRY BREAD

EVERYONE OF ALL AGES WELCOME!! FREE EVENT!!

Featuring
Randy Burns (Northern Paiute) - Founder, Gay American Indians (GAI)

L. Frank (Tongva-Ajachmem) - Singer & Artist

Ruth Villasenor (Chiricuhua Apache) & Miko Thomas (Chickasaw) -
Co-Chairs, Bay Area American Indian Two Spirit

Bay Area American Indian Two Spirit Drum

Slide Show - Brush Arbor Girlz

Wicah Piluta (Rumsien Ohlone) - Clap Singer

www.baaits.org
Bay Area American Indian Two-Spirits

Rope is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Rope For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2012, 06:18 AM   #1306
Spirit Dancer

How Do You Identify?:
Complex but Tender
Preferred Pronoun?:
~Ma`am~
Relationship Status:
Shotgun Rider

Thanked 12,952 Times in 3,466 Posts
Spirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST Reputation

"Growth is a painful process."

--Wilma Mankiller, CHEROKEE

Whenever we grow, we usually need to let go of emotional attachments. Letting go can be painful. Sometimes growth allows us to deal with fear. All fear can fit into two categories: one, we're going to lose something we have, and two, we're not going to get something we want. Both of these categories can cause pain. The best way to grow is to pray to the Great Spirit and ask Him to guide and protect us. All growth is guided by God.

My Creator, guide my growth today and give me Your love and courage to help my pain.
Spirit Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Spirit Dancer For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2012, 06:20 AM   #1307
Spirit Dancer

How Do You Identify?:
Complex but Tender
Preferred Pronoun?:
~Ma`am~
Relationship Status:
Shotgun Rider

Spirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST Reputation
Default Daily OM

Marinating
Making Our Best Decisions
Sometimes when we need to make a decision, we can become overwhelmed or feel pressured into coming to a conclusion immediately. Often, a decision isn’t required right away, and the sense of urgency we feel is merely a limitation that we’ve placed upon ourselves. Once we’ve determined that we do have the time to make a wise choice for ourselves, we can release the pressure with a deep breath, like steam from a pressure cooker, and proceed to make the best use of our time.

The best first step may be to gather all the facts we can find. Once we have all the logical information we need, we can allow ourselves to sit with it and soak it up. Like a good recipe, we can allow ourselves to marinate in the juices of intellectual understanding while also adding our own spices made up of our feelings, our intuition, and any other considerations. We can taste the recipe for readiness as we go in order to decide if more time or ingredients are needed. We might want to take time to visualize ourselves playing out the various scenarios to see which feels the best, remind ourselves of our goals, or merely sit silently in meditation, listening for guidance. Any of these techniques can add depth and flavor to the recipe of our decisions.

We can allow ourselves to sit with our choices for whatever length of time is needed, whether it is a day, a week, a month or longer. Doing so gives our hearts, minds and spirits the chance to align, allowing us to make a decision that is right for us. Other times, we may need to let the wisdom of the universe unfold for us at its own rate, allowing our growth and realizations to sync up with the universe’s secret and essential ingredients so that all of the flavors are ready at the same time. When we allow ourselves the time to sit and allow understanding to sink in, we can cocreate the best decision possible for ourselves and for everyone involved.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spirit Dancer For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2012, 06:22 AM   #1308
Spirit Dancer

How Do You Identify?:
Complex but Tender
Preferred Pronoun?:
~Ma`am~
Relationship Status:
Shotgun Rider

Default Daily OM

Beyond Counting Blessings
Being Truly Thankful
Often when we practice being thankful, we go through the process of counting our blessings, acknowledging the wonderful people, things and places that make up our reality. While it is fine to be grateful for the good fortune we have accumulated, true thankfulness stems from a powerful comprehension of the gift of simply being alive, and when we feel it, we feel it regardless of our circumstances. In this deep state of gratitude, we recognize the purity of the experience of being, in and of itself, and our thankfulness is part and parcel of our awareness that we are one with this great mystery that is life.

It is difficult for most of us to access this level of consciousness as we are very caught up in the ups and downs of our individual experiences in the world. The thing to remember about the world, though, is that it ebbs and flows, expands and contracts, gives and takes, and is by its very nature somewhat unreliable. If we only feel gratitude when it serves our desires, this is not true thankfulness. No one is exempt from the twists and turns of fate, which may, at any time, take the possessions, situations, and people we love away from us. Ironically, it is sometimes this kind of loss that awakens us to a thankfulness that goes deeper than just being grateful when things go our way. Illness and near-miss accidents can also serve as wake-up calls to the deeper realization that we are truly lucky to be alive.

We do not have to wait to be shaken to experience this state of being truly thankful for our lives. Tuning in to our breath and making an effort to be fully present for a set period of time each day can do wonders for our ability to connect with true gratitude. We can also awaken ourselves with the intention to be more aware of the unconditional generosity of the life force that flows through us regardless of our circumstances.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Spirit Dancer For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2012, 06:34 AM   #1309
JAGG
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
JAGG
Relationship Status:
=)

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,543 Times in 4,141 Posts
JAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

I am a owl. I love owls !
Old 10-22-2012, 04:52 PM   #1310
StrongButch

How Do You Identify?:
I see the world thru a lens
Preferred Pronoun?:
Yes Boss
Relationship Status:
Chillin out with awesome women

Thanked 4,184 Times in 1,179 Posts
StrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST Reputation
Default Native American Spirituality

I want to make sure my people know what freedom is all about. This was written by Russell Means and I live my life with these words in my heart. Russell passed away today. Please send prayers to his family.
StrongButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to StrongButch For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2012, 05:01 PM   #1311
morningstar55

How Do You Identify?:
femme,she
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her,
Relationship Status:
very single

Thanked 4,241 Times in 1,845 Posts
morningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputation

Wow... ha Ty. LP.... looks like am a falcon ..... im always crossing paths with red tail hawks seems like..
funny Dutch looks like has a woodpecker... lol ... funny too cuz in the Chinese one Hy,s a cock .. heh
Strong ....... I started a thread for Russell Means

http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...ead.php?t=5886

life is to short to wake up in the morning with regrets
so love the people who treat you right,
forget about the ones who dont,
and believe that everything happens for a reason.
If you get a chance take it... if it changes your life let it.

Last edited by morningstar55; 10-22-2012 at 05:04 PM.
morningstar55 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to morningstar55 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2012, 05:22 PM   #1312
lusciouskiwi

How Do You Identify?:
femme lesbian feminist
Preferred Pronoun?:
Anything except for "aunty"
Relationship Status:
Happy with my butch.

Thanked 9,096 Times in 1,899 Posts
lusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

I'm a falcon but I wasn't born in spring - it's autumn in Aotearoa/NZ. My Chinese sign is snake ...

Risk! Risk anything! Care no more for the opinions of others, for those voices. Do the hardest thing on earth for you. Act for yourself. Face the truth. Katherine Mansfield

Motivate yourself or be miserable. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice. Wayne Dyer
lusciouskiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lusciouskiwi For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2012, 06:45 AM   #1313
Spirit Dancer

How Do You Identify?:
Complex but Tender
Preferred Pronoun?:
~Ma`am~
Relationship Status:
Shotgun Rider

"We create that bad among ourselves. We create it; then we try to call it devil, satan, or evil. But man creates it. There is no devil. Man creates the devil."

--Wallace Black Elk, LAKOTA
Old 10-24-2012, 06:46 AM   #1314
Spirit Dancer

How Do You Identify?:
Complex but Tender
Preferred Pronoun?:
~Ma`am~
Relationship Status:
Shotgun Rider

Default Daily OM

Your Most Vital Commitment
Finding Time For You
Within each of there is a well of energy that must be regularly replenished. When we act as if this well is bottomless, scheduling a long list of activities that fit like puzzle pieces into every minute of every day, it becomes depleted and we feel exhausted, disconnected, and weak. Refilling this well is a matter of finding time to focus on, nurture, and care for ourselves, or "you time." Most of us are, at different times throughout the day, a spouse, a friend, a relative, an employee, a parent, or a volunteer, which means that down time, however relaxing in nature, is not necessarily "you time." Though some people will inevitably look upon "you time" as being selfish, it is actually the polar opposite of selfishness. We can only excel where our outer world affairs are concerned when our own spiritual, physical, and intellectual needs are fulfilled.

Recognizing the importance of "you time" is far easier than finding a place for it in an active, multifaceted lifestyle, however. Even if you find a spot for it in your agenda, you may be dismayed to discover that your thoughts continuously stray into worldly territory. To make the most of "you time," give yourself enough time on either side of the block of time you plan to spend on yourself to ensure that you do not feel rushed. Consider how you would like to pass the time, forgetting for the moment your obligations and embracing the notion of renewal. You may discover that you are energized by creative pursuits, guided meditation, relaxing activities during which your mind can wander, or modes of expression such as writing.

Even if you have achieved a functioning work-life balance, you may still be neglecting the most important part of that equation: you. "You time" prepares you for the next round of daily life, whether you are poised to immerse yourself in a professional project or chores around the home. It also affords you a unique opportunity to learn about yourself, your needs, and your tolerances in a concrete way. As unimportant as "you time" can sometimes seem, it truly is crucial to your wellbeing because it ensures that you are never left without the energy to give of yourself.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Spirit Dancer For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2012, 06:54 AM   #1315
Spirit Dancer

How Do You Identify?:
Complex but Tender
Preferred Pronoun?:
~Ma`am~
Relationship Status:
Shotgun Rider

Default Daily OM

Foundations Of Evolution
Acknowledging Your Growth
Since personal evolution is most often a slow and gradual process, it can be difficult to recognize the scope of the changes taking place in our lives. Yet it is important that we regularly acknowledge our ongoing growth and reward ourselves for the many wonderful feats of self-improvement we have accomplished. When we intentionally contemplate our progress, we need never feel that we are languishing between past achievements and the realization of future goals. If we look closely at our lives, we may see that much of what brings us pleasure in the present is representative of the ambitions of our past that we worked so hard to attain. At one time, the abundance we enjoy currently likely seemed like a far-off dream. Now it is simply reality-a reality we created through our diligence, passion, and unflagging determination. Whether our progress is fast or slow, we deserve to congratulate ourselves for our successes.

To remind yourself of the insights you have gained with time, temporarily adopt an outsider's perspective and carefully consider how your life in the present differs from the range of experiences you lived through in the past. Creating a written list, in a journal or otherwise, of those strengths, aptitudes, and inner qualities you now attribute to yourself can help you accept that you are not the same person you were one year ago, five years ago, or 10 years ago. Your attitudes, opinions, and values were likely markedly different, and these differences can be ascribed to your willingness to accept that you still have much to learn. If you have difficulty giving yourself credit for these changes, think about the goals you realized, the lives you touched, the wisdom you acquired, and the level of enlightenment you attained over the past years.

Recognizing growth is neither boastful nor immodest. Evolution is a natural fact of life and becomes a potent motivational force when celebrated. Knowing that you are brighter, stronger, and more grounded than you once were, you can look forward to the changes to come. In acknowledging your growth, you build a sturdy foundation upon which you can continue to blossom well into the future.

Old 10-24-2012, 08:43 PM   #1316
StrongButch

How Do You Identify?:
I see the world thru a lens
Preferred Pronoun?:
Yes Boss
Relationship Status:
Chillin out with awesome women

Thanked 4,184 Times in 1,179 Posts
StrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST Reputation
Smile Native Spirituality

Glad to see you back Spirit. You were missed.
StrongButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to StrongButch For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2012, 05:59 AM   #1317
Spirit Dancer

How Do You Identify?:
Complex but Tender
Preferred Pronoun?:
~Ma`am~
Relationship Status:
Shotgun Rider

"What does it matter how long I pray, so long as my prayers are answered?"

--Sitting Bull, HUNKPAPA LAKOTA

Too often we worry about the words we use in prayer. We focus on the words. What really counts is the spirit and intent behind our words. It is the spirit and intent that the Creator responds to. He reads and listens to our heart. Prayer isn't only when we fold our hands and pray. Prayer is when we talk to the Creator even when we are walking down a path or sitting on a hill or walking in the mountains. The Elders say, walk in prayer. We should be willing to talk with the Great One.

Great Spirit, today I will pray to You all day. Listen to my heart.
Old 10-25-2012, 06:00 AM   #1318
Spirit Dancer

How Do You Identify?:
Complex but Tender
Preferred Pronoun?:
~Ma`am~
Relationship Status:
Shotgun Rider

Default Daily OM

The Heart Of Unknowing
Who Am I
At some point in our lives, or perhaps at many points in our lives, we ask the question, "Who am I?" At times like these, we are looking beyond the obvious, beyond our names and the names of the cities and states we came from, into the layers beneath our surface identities. We may feel the need for a deeper sense of purpose in our lives, or we may be ready to accommodate a more complex understanding of the situation in which we find ourselves. Whatever the case, the question of who we are is a seed that can bear much fruit.

It can send us on an exploration of our ancestry, or the past lives of our soul. It can call us to take up journaling in order to discover that voice deep within us that seems to know the answers to a multitude of questions. It can draw our attention so deeply inward that we find the spark of spirit that connects us to every living thing in the universe. One Hindu tradition counsels its practitioners to ask the question over and over, using it as a mantra to lead them inevitably into the heart of the divine.

While there are people who seem to come into the world knowing who they are and why they are here, for the most part the human journey appears to be very much about asking this question and allowing its answers to guide us on our paths. So when we find ourselves in the heart of unknowing, we can have faith that we are in a very human place, as well as a very divine one. "Who am I?" is a timeless mantra, a Zen koan ultimately designed to lead us home, into the part of our minds that finally lets go of questions and answers and finds instead the ability to simply be.

Old 10-25-2012, 06:07 AM   #1319
Spirit Dancer

How Do You Identify?:
Complex but Tender
Preferred Pronoun?:
~Ma`am~
Relationship Status:
Shotgun Rider

Default Daily OM

Creative Cuts
Editing Your Life
Our lives can be compared to an ongoing movie script over which we have complete creative control. Within us lies the power to examine what works or isn't working in our lives and make "edits" to our life's script, accordingly. Choosing to actively edit your life can be incredibly empowering. As you evolve, you have the choice to accept the script you've written thus far or edit it so you can create a life that fulfills you. You can cut out from your life's script what is no longer working for you. Acknowledging that you are responsible for the experience you create gives you the ability to create the life you've always longed for.

Granted, editing your real life isn't always as easy as erasing a line of text. If you've carried emotional baggage or held on to an unhealthy relationship for a long time, these may be difficult to edit out. But when you do cut out what isn't working from your life, you'll feel lighter and more alive. Editing out activities that you find stressful, disassociating yourself from people that drain your energy, and letting go of your emotional baggage are all beneficial cuts you can make. In the empty spaces that are left behind, you can add in anything you like. Just as you have the power to edit out negative situations or beliefs that you no longer wish to have as part of your life, you can now include the kinds of positive experiences, people, and beliefs that you would like to fill your life with. The manifestation of these thoughts and images as realities in your life will inevitably follow. As you make changes to your life, you can also add in the bits where you choose more intimate, healthier relationships, seek out adventure over tedium, and are no longer negatively impacted by old experiences.

To begin editing your life, simply think about your positive and negative experiences. When you determine what parts of your life are no longer serving you, make the commitment to remove them - though, it is important to remember that there is no proper timing or way to do this, and patience and compassion for yourself are always important during this process. Then, ask yourself what has brought you profound bliss and consider how you can make those experiences and beliefs part of your life now. With a little editing, you'll be able to clear out what is no longer serving you and make room in your life for more happiness, love, and wisdom.

Old 10-25-2012, 06:08 AM   #1320
Spirit Dancer

How Do You Identify?:
Complex but Tender
Preferred Pronoun?:
~Ma`am~
Relationship Status:
Shotgun Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongButch View Post
Glad to see you back Spirit. You were missed.
Thank you SB, it's good to be in this space again.
Have a wonderful day.

Tags
american indian, native american, spirituality