Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > ART, POETRY, WRITING > Quotes, Snippets, Other Writing

Old 02-23-2012, 04:03 PM   #121
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,719 Times in 7,286 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

This is the femme thread.

Sometimes, topics start out in one place and wind up in another, depending on the thoughts, feelings and insights of those that it speaks to.

Obviously, the original post spoke to many of us and generated a lot of feelings.

I personally have no concerns about where it wound up-writing thread or not.

I would rather not censor anyone. I think everyone has a valid viewpoint-even when I do not agree with them.

I am not a moderator and this is my perspective and my opinion.

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2012, 04:11 PM   #122
Scuba

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Flying Solo

Thanked 8,048 Times in 1,618 Posts
Scuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie View Post
Indeed it is the Poetry Thread. Quotes, Snippets and Other Writing. However, that does not mean there is not room for dialogue and discussion about said writing.

Are you making an attempt to censor the feelings of others, when it comes to the prose/poem that was posted? When in fact, this poem can be searched and various renditions of it can be found.

I sure hope not scubadyke... That would be a clear act of censorship and not productive or indicative of any writing thread.

Julie
Writing inspires us one way or another for sure and censorship is not a good path to start down nor was it my intention to suggest that.

I may not always agree but I will always appreciate.

Scoobs

~~Bob Richardson~~
Scuba is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Scuba For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2012, 04:33 PM   #123
starryeyes

How Do You Identify?:
a round peg in a square hole
Preferred Pronoun?:
Guess...
Relationship Status:
Seat taken

Thanked 10,056 Times in 2,077 Posts
starryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputation

Here is my stereotypical list of what ALL Femmes need to know lol :-D All in fun!

Hugs!

Always get the gel top coat so your nails don't chip after a Manicure. Worth the extra money!

Cheap mascara doesn't always do the trick... Go for the more expensive!

If you are going to wear nothing else, wear eyeliner. You eyes will pop, girl!

The blister Bandaids are a lifesaver for a night out dancing when you are wearing non- dancing shoes.

If you lose a toenail cause you were out dancing all night in non-dancing shoes without the bandaid (tsk tsk) the nail ladies can hook you up with an acrylic and no one will ever know..

Brown and black are opposites on the color wheel...

If you don't have enough time to get your nails done, Press-Ons do the trick and no one will know! ( this was hard for me, but they looked good!!) haha.

Spanx are awesome!

Lace stockings are sexy with anything!

Black heels are also sexy with lace stockings, all the time!! Especially with a little black dress! You betta werk!!

Starry
starryeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to starryeyes For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2012, 04:40 PM   #124
Dude

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Perusing

Thanked 10,605 Times in 1,477 Posts
Dude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST Reputation

If I was the op
my lesson in this would be to be more careful.
Especially with the >every< word.
This person created a thread when they just meant to post?
Had it been one post in the swoon thread it would not have
gotten this kind of response.

Saying all of the post's in here are a waste of time to read
is probably not something I would have said but this is where AGAIN we all
get to be different.

I dont think people were dissing romantic gestures or thoughts
at all.
This particular (not original) poem? is not every femme's ideal romance and that's ok.

To me, it really is that simple.
Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Dude For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2012, 05:01 PM   #125
atomiczombie

How Do You Identify?:
Femmesensual Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His
Relationship Status:
Dating

Thanked 3,220 Times in 757 Posts
atomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JistMe View Post
Someone out there was meant to be the love of your life... your best friend; your soul mate.
He'll brush the hair out of your eyes, and send you flowers when you least expect it.
He'll stare at you during the movies, even though he paid $30 to see it.
He'll call you to tell you goodnight, or just because he is missing you.
He will call you right back when you hang up on him.
He'll lay with you under the stars listening to your heartbeat... or stay awake all night just to watch you sleep.
He'll kiss your forehead for no reason, and hold your hand in front of your Dad. He'll say you are just as beautiful without makeup on, and show you off to the world when you're in sweats.
He will constantly remind you how lucky he is to have you.
He'll look in your eyes and tell you that you are the most beautiful woman in the world, and for the first time in your life... you'll believe it.
You will know when you find him ---
He will be the one who turns to his friends, and says...
"Thats her..."
When I read this, what comes to mind is, why do I need someone else to treat me that way? How can I be loving, kind and attentive to myself? Why do I need a best friend and soul mate to be happy? How can I be my own best friend and soul mate? How can I feel beautiful just as I am? What makes me not feel that way? Not that I am femme or that I would partner with someone who is masculine lol. But I guess my point here is, why would I need a partner to mirror for me what I can be for myself? Is depending on a partner for that a healthy expectation? I think that partners are wonderful to have if you want to share your life with someone and build a strong bond of love and mutuality. But expecting a partner to mirror for me what really I am not already to myself - i.e., compassionate and accepting, it is unrealistic and won't work. Because if I don't believe I am wonderful and beautiful just as I am, no partner or anyone else will ever really convince me that I am. It has to come from me.

This is not to say that we shouldn't look for love and compassion and acceptance in a partner. Who we choose to have in our lives reflects how we feel about ourselves. I just think it's a myth that we can only be happy and feel loved when we have a partner who loves us. Don't wait for someone to come along and make you happy. Be happy with yourself here and now!
atomiczombie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to atomiczombie For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2012, 05:02 PM   #126
dixie
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
I usually just poke it with a stick.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Bitch
Relationship Status:
Intertwined deeply

Thanked 21,385 Times in 4,808 Posts
dixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by starryeyes View Post
Here is my stereotypical list of what ALL Femmes need to know lol :-D All in fun!

Hugs!

Always get the gel top coat so your nails don't chip after a Manicure. Worth the extra money!

Cheap mascara doesn't always do the trick... Go for the more expensive!

If you are going to wear nothing else, wear eyeliner. You eyes will pop, girl!

The blister Bandaids are a lifesaver for a night out dancing when you are wearing non- dancing shoes.

If you lose a toenail cause you were out dancing all night in non-dancing shoes without the bandaid (tsk tsk) the nail ladies can hook you up with an acrylic and no one will ever know..

Brown and black are opposites on the color wheel...

If you don't have enough time to get your nails done, Press-Ons do the trick and no one will know! ( this was hard for me, but they looked good!!) haha.

Spanx are awesome!

Lace stockings are sexy with anything!

Black heels are also sexy with lace stockings, all the time!! Especially with a little black dress! You betta werk!!
Yup, very stereotypical, so I'm glad you put the "all in fun" disclaimer on there. Although I do kinda wonder what the purpose of this post was, especially being purposely stereotypical in the midst of a conversation in which the general topic has become about how NOT to lump all folks into one of those one-size-fits-all categories.

And yes, this is just my own personal thought upon reading this post.
dixie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dixie For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2012, 05:07 PM   #127
starryeyes

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Guess...
Relationship Status:
Seat taken

starryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixielady View Post
Yup, very stereotypical, so I'm glad you put the "all in fun" disclaimer on there. Although I do kinda wonder what the purpose of this post was, especially being purposely stereotypical in the midst of a conversation in which the general topic has become about how NOT to lump all folks into one of those one-size-fits-all categories.

And yes, this is just my own personal thought upon reading this post.
I dunno... just posting stuff

Starry
Old 02-23-2012, 05:15 PM   #128
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,939 Times in 13,921 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
"just in fun" disclaimer isn't really an excuse to be purposely stereotypical. You surely know this by reading most of the posts in this thread.

People of my heritage are often stereotyped into movies and *just in fun* makes fun of us.

They think it's ok because it's "just in fun". It's not funny to us.

The fact that you capitalized the word ALL , added a *lol* then a *just in fun* sounds to me like you knew you were about to piss off a bunch of people.

Nothing on your list applies to this femme, just so you know.
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2012, 05:18 PM   #129
dixie
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Bitch
Relationship Status:
Intertwined deeply

dixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
And from this...I can't help but wonder if you had even read any posts in this thread?
The Following User Says Thank You to dixie For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2012, 05:21 PM   #130
dixie
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Bitch
Relationship Status:
Intertwined deeply

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun_dee View Post
"just in fun" disclaimer isn't really an excuse to be purposely stereotypical. You surely know this by reading most of the posts in this thread.

People of my heritage are often stereotyped into movies and *just in fun* makes fun of us.

They think it's ok because it's "just in fun". It's not funny to us.

The fact that you capitalized the word ALL , added a *lol* then a *just in fun* sounds to me like you knew you were about to piss off a bunch of people.

Nothing on your list applies to this femme, just so you know.
I think that's what bothered me as well. That, and the fact that I am not one to be lumped into that "stereotypical" femme category either.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dixie For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2012, 05:22 PM   #131
starryeyes

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Guess...
Relationship Status:
Seat taken

Quote:
And from this...I can't help but wonder if you had even read any posts in this thread?
It was just in fun... can we lighten up? It too scary to post around here **runs away

Starry
Old 02-23-2012, 05:23 PM   #132
pynkkameleon

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Girly ones
Relationship Status:
Riding off into the sunset with my Cowboi

pynkkameleon Has the BEST Reputationpynkkameleon Has the BEST Reputationpynkkameleon Has the BEST Reputationpynkkameleon Has the BEST Reputationpynkkameleon Has the BEST Reputationpynkkameleon Has the BEST Reputationpynkkameleon Has the BEST Reputationpynkkameleon Has the BEST Reputationpynkkameleon Has the BEST Reputationpynkkameleon Has the BEST Reputationpynkkameleon Has the BEST Reputation

As one who is also new to this site, I can easily understand why JistMe felt somewhat attacked. I think that I would have felt that way too. This thread should have been a safe place to share well intended, simple and sweet words.

I do think however that this created a very valuable and worthy discussion (thank you JistME) that should continue elsewhere without the OP's intentions being the center of the discussion. I truly feel as if I have gotten quite a bit out of it and I would like to see it continue.

As someone who is finding her voice and her place on this site, I do have to say that I am a bit disappointed and somewhat intimidated by the very occasional rude comment I see made, not against JistMe, but towards others that are simply sharing their point of view or even just asking for clarification. I'm not talking about the humor, such as JAGG's lovely list of "DO NOT DO'S". I think that throwing in that bit of humor is awesome, appreciated and a necessary means to keep any conversation or debate lively. I'm talking about the personal attacks. Respect and honor each person's opinions and if you so vehemently disagree that you can't be at least kind, step away and go find something else to do. It's those kinds of attitudes that cause drama and dissuade others from wanting to get involved in these discussions and oftentimes cause them to miss out on the value of being a part of such a wonderful and diverse community.

Don't define your world in black and white..

There is so much hiding amongst the greys

❤❤❤❤❤
pynkkameleon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to pynkkameleon For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2012, 05:25 PM   #133
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,291 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Good grief. People are allowed to post their opinion, we don't have to agree with it, but running away is passive aggressive and if you didn't think about what you posted just say so. OY!
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2012, 05:26 PM   #134
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

like causing a 10 car pile up and keep going.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2012, 05:28 PM   #135
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vonni View Post
As one who is also new to this site, I can easily understand why JistMe felt somewhat attacked. I think that I would have felt that way too. This thread should have been a safe place to share well intended, simple and sweet words.

I do think however that this created a very valuable and worthy discussion (thank you JistME) that should continue elsewhere without the OP's intentions being the center of the discussion. I truly feel as if I have gotten quite a bit out of it and I would like to see it continue.

As someone who is finding her voice and her place on this site, I do have to say that I am a bit disappointed and somewhat intimidated by the very occasional rude comment I see made, not against JistMe, but towards others that are simply sharing their point of view or even just asking for clarification. I'm not talking about the humor, such as JAGG's lovely list of "DO NOT DO'S". I think that throwing in that bit of humor is awesome, appreciated and a necessary means to keep any conversation or debate lively. I'm talking about the personal attacks. Respect and honor each person's opinions and if you so vehemently disagree that you can't be at least kind, step away and go find something else to do. It's those kinds of attitudes that cause drama and dissuade others from wanting to get involved in these discussions and oftentimes cause them to miss out on the value of being a part of such a wonderful and diverse community.
People don't respond well to finger wagging when they are pointing out ism's. Happens all the time. Every poster has followed the TOS, or we would have heard about it.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2012, 05:32 PM   #136
dixie
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Bitch
Relationship Status:
Intertwined deeply

Default Totally from *me* space again...

Quote:
It was just in fun... can we lighten up? It too scary to post around here **runs away
Seriously? If someone attempting to start a calm dialogue with you in hopes of understanding the meaning of a slightly confusing statement you make is "too scary" then I would like to live in that bubble as well, because your reality seems to be much different than mine.

And I am also sorry, but I am the kind of femme who would literally go insane if the most important worry in my life was the "right" hair, makeup, and nails. Therefore, it's not very "fun" for me to be stereotyped in jest.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to dixie For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2012, 05:38 PM   #137
Tawse

How Do You Identify?:
TG Gender Queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 2,737 Times in 642 Posts
Tawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I think we should be careful about the your filters versus my filters and who has responsibility issue.

And I say that for one reason.

All the sexual harassment classes I've ever gone to.

The guy says sweetheart. He means nothing by it. But if the woman interprets it as harassment - then it is. If she's ok with it - then it's not.

It has nothing to do with his intention, and 100% with the way it is received.

And that is a very polarized example - and yes it could be argued rather easily that it's wrong and completely different.

So I'll pull up another point - dealing with difficult people in the work place. If someone has a problem with you and you're pulled to DEO - you better not say "it's his/her fault because of their filters, I didn't intend..." or "this is just the way I am, if he/she doesn't like it they are the problem..." It won't get you anywhere and may even see you lose your job.

Now we're in a casual laid back atmosphere here - but I have to say, maybe due to corporate / legal brainwashing, that anytime someone says 'it's your fault if you hear me wrong' - it makes me want to grab my documentation and get ready to head to a mediator.

Just a thought...

edited to add: oh shit I just realized this long thread is because of the way something was received instead of intended.

kinda makes you go hmmmm
Tawse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Tawse For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2012, 05:38 PM   #138
starryeyes

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Guess...
Relationship Status:
Seat taken

Quote:
Seriously? If someone attempting to start a calm dialogue with you in hopes of understanding the meaning of a slightly confusing statement you make is "too scary" then I would like to live in that bubble as well, because your reality seems to be much different than mine.

And I am also sorry, but I am the kind of femme who would literally go insane if the most important worry in my life was the "right" hair, makeup, and nails. Therefore, it's not very "fun" for me to be stereotyped in jest.

This was not about you in any way shape or form. I don't even know you.

And your comment "And I am also sorry, but I am the kind of femme who would literally go insane if the most important worry in my life was the "right" hair, makeup, and nails"... where was this insinuated?

I am a Girly Femme to the T, but it is not the most important worry in my life... I guess you have some stereotypes yourself coming out. Maybe you need to look at that.

Have a nice day

Starry
Old 02-23-2012, 05:39 PM   #139
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

i sometimes feel that the world has been stereotypical for so long, and especially in the name of comedy that people are shocked when someone says. "hey, that's not ok"
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2012, 05:40 PM   #140
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

My Femme is not obsessed with her hair or nails or looks or lipstick.
She is a capable warm intelligent funny talented wonderful human being.
She is awesome and I am a lucky guy to be married to her.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post: