justanolecowboy

How Do You Identify?:
ftm
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
committed.

Thanked 1,957 Times in 458 Posts
justanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputation

Rise Again, by Dallas Holm

Dallas was back in the 80's one of the single most popular christian artists and song writers. Rise Again, maybe one of his most popular and powerful. I had the honor and privilege of playing keyboards for him on two different occasions - My brother and I used to sing some (gospel) music on a (very) small scale - and he befriended us - many years ago at a conference we were both attending. A tremendous and talented force for God in his writing and voice.

He never let his (popularity) at the time get in the way of his message of for that popularity to take priority over his family. I remember when his wife became ill with cancer - he took care of her and his music came second. I admired the man of strength and character and prayer that he was and is.

This song has long been a favorite of mine and I was reminded of it again - when my brother asked me to play and perform it with him again this past Easter Sunday. No tapes - no back up...no additional instruments - just he and I and the piano ... (wow) - I never thought of performing like that years ago as (scary) - I think I was too young to realize that standing in front of lots of people singing - (can be) a scary thing...lol! - It was good to do this with and for my brother again - and being in that little church that I grew up in ... the song - such a powerful message - I wanted to share.

Blessings and even though a few days later...Easter Blessings to all of you (every day).

justanolecowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to justanolecowboy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2013, 05:58 PM   #122
justanolecowboy

How Do You Identify?:
ftm
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
committed.

Thanked 1,957 Times in 458 Posts
justanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputation
“Without love even the most radical devotion to God is of no value to Him. Let me make sure that sinks in… You can gain all the spiritual gifts in the world. You can take the most radical steps of obedience. You can share every meal with the homeless in your city. You can memorize the book of Leviticus. You can pray each morning for four hours like Martin Luther. But if what you do does not flow out of a heart of love - a heart that does those things because it genuinely desires to do them - it is ultimately worthless to God.”

-J.D. Greear (Gospel: Recovering the Power that Made Christianity Revolutionary)

justanolecowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to justanolecowboy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-09-2013, 02:04 AM   #123
Kent

How Do You Identify?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Single

Tournaments Won: 2

Thanked 2,058 Times in 720 Posts
Kent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST Reputation
Default Concerning Retaliation

"You have heard that it was said, 'An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.' But I say to you, Do not resist an evildoer. But if anyone strikes you on the right cheek, turn the other also; and if anyone wants to sue you and take your coat, give your cloak as well; and if anyone forces you to go one mile, go also the second mile. Give to everyone who begs from you, and do not refuse anyone who wants to borrow from you.

Matthew 5:38-42
Old 04-09-2013, 02:05 AM   #124
Kent

How Do You Identify?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Single

Kent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST Reputation
Default The Golden Rule

"In everything do to others as you would have them do to you; for this is the law and the prophets.

Matthew 7:12
Old 04-09-2013, 02:06 AM   #125
Kent

How Do You Identify?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Single

Default The Narrow Gate

"Enter through the narrow gate, for the gate is wide and the road is easy that leads to destruction, and there are many who take it. For the gate is narrow and the road is hard that leads to life, and there are few who find it.
Old 04-10-2013, 04:17 AM   #126
Kent

How Do You Identify?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Single

Default Concerning Treasures

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust consume and where thieves break in and steal; but store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust consumes and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
Matthew 6:19-21

Serving Two Masters
"No one can serve two masters; for a slave will either hate the one and love the other, or be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and wealth.
Matthew 6:24
Old 04-10-2013, 07:18 PM   #127
deb0670

How Do You Identify?:
femme/ baby girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 6,028 Times in 1,189 Posts
deb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputation

OH WOW! Thank You Soooo much for sharing this!! I remember Dallas Holm.. even saw Him in person...
Used to listen to Him all the time!
This put goosebumps on me..
thank You again.. *wiping tears and smiling*

Quote:
Originally Posted by justanolecowboy View Post

Rise Again, by Dallas Holm

Dallas was back in the 80's one of the single most popular christian artists and song writers. Rise Again, maybe one of his most popular and powerful. I had the honor and privilege of playing keyboards for him on two different occasions - My brother and I used to sing some (gospel) music on a (very) small scale - and he befriended us - many years ago at a conference we were both attending. A tremendous and talented force for God in his writing and voice.

He never let his (popularity) at the time get in the way of his message of for that popularity to take priority over his family. I remember when his wife became ill with cancer - he took care of her and his music came second. I admired the man of strength and character and prayer that he was and is.

This song has long been a favorite of mine and I was reminded of it again - when my brother asked me to play and perform it with him again this past Easter Sunday. No tapes - no back up...no additional instruments - just he and I and the piano ... (wow) - I never thought of performing like that years ago as (scary) - I think I was too young to realize that standing in front of lots of people singing - (can be) a scary thing...lol! - It was good to do this with and for my brother again - and being in that little church that I grew up in ... the song - such a powerful message - I wanted to share.

Blessings and even though a few days later...Easter Blessings to all of you (every day).
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deb0670 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2013, 07:37 PM   #128
deb0670

How Do You Identify?:
femme/ baby girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her
Relationship Status:
Single

deb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputation
Default Learning to Lean by the Blackwell Brothers Quartet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=ehkg7-SVByk

Learning to Lean
Learning to Lean
I'm learning to lean on Jesus
Finding more power
than i 'd ever dreamed
I'm learning to lean on Jesus.

Learning to lean,
Learning to lean
i'm learning to lean
on Jesus
finding more power
than i 'd ever dream
i'm learning to lean on Jesus

Sad, broken-hearted
at an altar i knelt
i found peace
that is so serene
and all that
He asked
is a child like trust
and a heart that
is learning to lean

Learning to lean,
learning to lean
finding more power
than i'd ever dreamed
i'm learning to lean
on Jesus
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to deb0670 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2013, 07:51 PM   #129
deb0670

How Do You Identify?:
femme/ baby girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her
Relationship Status:
Single

Default Petra: Not of this World.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=BhPVOyzZBqk

Not of this World

We are Pilgrims
in a strange land
We are so far
From our home land
With each passing day
It seems so clear
This world will never
Want us here
We're not welcome
In this world of wrong
We are foreigners
Who don't belong

oooo

We are strangers
We are aliens
We are not
of this world

We are envoys
we must tarry
With this message
We must carry
There's so much
To do before we leave
With so many more
Who may believe
Our mission here
Can never fail
And the gates of hell
Will not prevail

oooo

We are strangers
We are aliens
We are not
Of this world.

We are strangers
We are aliens
We are not
of this world.

Jesus told us
men would hate us
But we must be
Of good cheer
He has overcome
This world of darkness
Soon we will
Depart from here

We are strangers
We are aliens
We are not
of this world.

We are strangers
We are aliens
We are not
of this world.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to deb0670 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2013, 08:11 PM   #130
deb0670

How Do You Identify?:
femme/ baby girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her
Relationship Status:
Single

Default Grave Robber by Petra

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=Rj-tpOH21NM

Grave Robber

There's a step that we all
Have to take alone
An appointment we have
With the Great Unknown
Like a vapor this life
is just waiting to pass
Like the flowers that fade
Like the withering grass

But life seems so long
and death so complete
and the grave
An impossible portion to cheat

But there is One
Who has been there
and still lives to tell
There is One
Who has been thru
Both Heaven and Hell

And the grave will come up
Empty handed that day
Jesus will come
and steal us away

Where is the sting tell me
Where is the bite?
When the Grave Robber comes
Like a thief in the night
Where is the victory
Where is the prize?
and Death finally dies.

Many still mourn and many still weep
For those that they love who have fallen asleep
But we have this hope
Though our hearts may still ache
Just one shout from above
and they all will awake

and in the reunion of Joy we will see
Death will be swallowed in sweet victory

Where is the bite
Where is the victory
Where is the prize
and Death finally dies.

When the last enemy is gone
From the dust will come a song
Those asleep will be awakened
Not a one will be forsaken

He shall wipe away our tears
He will steal away our fears
There will be no sad tomorrow
There will be no pain nor sorrow

Where is the bite
Where is the victory
Where is the prize
and Death finally dies.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deb0670 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2013, 11:35 PM   #131
Luv

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 1,217 Times in 367 Posts
Luv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by always2late View Post
I have a few questions to start a discussion for anyone who wishes to answer. How did you come by your faith? Is it a part of your upbringing? Or was it some other circumstance, or moment in your life that brought you to it? Do you still follow the faith you were raised with? Or have you chosen another path?
I was dedicated in a Pentecostal church when I was a few months old. I later as a young child went to sunday school at a Plymouth Bretherin Church on a bus ministry. I accepted Christ as my personal Lord and Savior at 9 yrs old at church camp. I was baptized at 19 yrs of age and at 22 attended Bible College. And yes, now that I am back in California I am back in the church assemblies I was raised in. Very evangelical,many are involved in the Billy Graham Crusades and the Harvest Festivals. I am ordained and will soon have my California license. The most important thing to me in my life is my Faith. I have many relatives that are sunday school teachers and preachers and several friends that are missionaries. They know my past,we dont talk about it cause there really is nothing to discuss. My private life is exactly that..private,and they respect that. My Faith make's it easier to live because it offer's hope,and easier to accept death because we have hope. My 1st love will always be the Lord.

Last edited by Luv; 04-12-2013 at 11:40 PM.
Luv is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Luv For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2013, 01:20 AM   #132
Glenn

How Do You Identify?:
Dear Ol Butch Bones
Preferred Pronoun?:
Old Thing
Relationship Status:
Too old to play.

Thanked 3,732 Times in 1,096 Posts
Glenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST Reputation
Default Until The End Of The World

I never knew that this U2 song was about Judas and Christ. I always thought it was about an innocent girl and her ex-boyfriend until recently. What it is really about, is the awesome love of God for us. It is one thing to read about, or intellectually acknowledge God's love, another to actually feel God's raw, redemptive, power, in the face of those dark, relentless, mega-storms we get lost in.

Have'nt seen you in quite awhile
I was down the hole just passing time
Last time we met was a low-lit room
We were as close together as a bride and groom
We ate the food, we drank the wine
Except You
You were talking about the end of the world

I took the money
I spiked your drink
You miss too much these days if you stop to think
You led me on with those innocent eyes
You know I love the element of surprise
In the garden I was playing the tart
I kissed your lips and broke your heart
You...You were acting like it was
The end of the world

In my dream, I was drowning my sorrows
But my sorrows, they learned to swim
Surrounding me, going down on me
Spilling over the brim
Words of regret and waves of joy
I reached out for the one I tried to destroy
You...You said you'd wait
'til the end of the world
Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Glenn For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2013, 12:31 AM   #133
Luv

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:

Luv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST Reputation

A very good friend of mine asked me the other day if I was "happy". I told her that spending time with my friend's make's me happy. I am "content". I have a roof over my head,food to eat,clothing,my dog Gypsy (helps with depression), I have a job andd am able to afford a luxery like a car. I have life and for every day that I wake it is a good day ! Id hate to be one of those people who is never happy and is always negative and unkind. I appreciate this one life that God has given me..I am Blessed.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Luv For This Useful Post:
Old 05-11-2013, 06:38 AM   #134
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,401 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one.

Ephesians 6: 14-16

I have certainly had the devils arrows breezing past me for the past 8 years but thank God it is finally over. With God as my guide, the evil one lost this round. Thank you God for blessing me and being so good to me though I don't deserve it, many times. God thank you for giving me peace in my life again

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2013, 06:32 PM   #135
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:

Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.
Galatians 6:2

Finally, all of you, live in harmony with one another; be sympathetic, love as brothers, be compassionate and humble.
Peter l 3:8

As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, O God
Psalm 42:1

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 06-28-2013, 09:54 AM   #136
thedivahrrrself

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Sapiosexual Femme
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Grumpy Cat

1 Highscore
Tournaments Won: 4

Thanked 11,662 Times in 2,292 Posts
thedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I am giving great thanks today for the answer to one prayer. I am hoping the other will be answered soon as well.

"Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."

1 Thessalonians 5:18
thedivahrrrself is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to thedivahrrrself For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2013, 08:23 PM   #137
Luv

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:

Some of the people from the Jesus Movement have started touring,reccording and making their old music available again. The Archers,2nd Chapter of Acts,Evie,Bryan Duncan,Don Francisco,Bob Bennett and the other day I saw a new album by the Maranatha Singers ! Talk about a flash from the past
The Following User Says Thank You to Luv For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2013, 08:33 PM   #138
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:

All a man's ways seem right to him, but the Lord weighs, the heart.

Proverbs 21:2

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2013, 08:51 PM   #139
Luv

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:

Prayer Requesr Tomorrow morning at 8am I have a math test for a job with a major auto brands parts distribution center. The pays good and the benefits great ! It would solve alot of proeblems for me and Id be able to have retirement,a d the jobs monday thru friday so Id be able to go back to church on sundays. So please send prayers and good thought for me as math and me dont get along. I will be studying all night for this,get off work at 6am,test at 8am and then have to see a spine specialist in San Diego.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Luv For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2013, 07:36 PM   #140
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:

Default Ephesians 2:10

For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

Ephesians 2:10

See there is a plan....jus sayin...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post: