Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Current Affairs/World Issues/Science And History

Old 06-14-2010, 09:47 PM   #121
Diavolo

How Do You Identify?:
Butch

Diavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toughy View Post
---------------
this post was brought to you by an independent also...........since CA passed the stupidest open primary law anywhere it matters not what political party you belong to.......
Aren't you looking forward to our own Alvin Greene?
Diavolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 11:29 PM   #122
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,830 Times in 3,200 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diavolo View Post
Aren't you looking forward to our own Alvin Greene?
Maybe I'm not so kewl with open primaries...

Also, the reports of sickness due to toxins are now being reported. However, BP is trying their best to keep this under wraps.

Gulf Oil Spill Sickness: Cleanup Workers Experience Health Problems, Complain Of Flulike Symptoms

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_598816.html

Last edited by AtLast; 06-14-2010 at 11:37 PM. Reason: addition
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 06:22 AM   #123
Toughy

How Do You Identify?:
pervert butch feminist woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
see above
Relationship Status:
independent entity

Thanked 7,656 Times in 1,522 Posts
Toughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST Reputation

I am so against open primaries. Esp the CA law. The CA law says that, regardless of party affiliation, the 2 candidates who receive the most votes will face off in the general election . That means in a good part of CA you will have 2 Republican facing each other in the general election. I don't think that is choice at all.

---------------
I don't think the escrow thing is posturing. I think it may indeed happen.

Tonight should be interesting.
I will not assimilate

Toughy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 08:16 AM   #124
Sabine Gallais

How Do You Identify?:
Adeodatus

Sabine Gallais Has the BEST ReputationSabine Gallais Has the BEST ReputationSabine Gallais Has the BEST ReputationSabine Gallais Has the BEST ReputationSabine Gallais Has the BEST ReputationSabine Gallais Has the BEST ReputationSabine Gallais Has the BEST ReputationSabine Gallais Has the BEST ReputationSabine Gallais Has the BEST ReputationSabine Gallais Has the BEST ReputationSabine Gallais Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

BP refused the Dutch offer of help. The US government did not refuse help. BP is in charge not the government.
That little detail is of little comfort.

BP and its employees have given more than $3.5 million to federal candidates over the past 20 years. Make no mistake: BP ranks among the most powerful corporate forces in U.S. politics.
Old 06-15-2010, 02:17 PM   #125
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation

Rep. Ed Towns of NY went to see for himself the Gulf. He stated to some reporter that it is BP's problem, and they have to be responsible for paying the bill for the cleanup, not taxpayers. President Obama vows to hold BP responsible for this nightmare. We all will see how this plays out.

Then the reporter stated that in the Florida panhandle oil bloobs are now coming ashore.

President Obama will be on in 3 hours to address this. I hope he turns it around, and help those who lost everything.
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 02:51 PM   #126
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
I am so against open primaries. Esp the CA law. The CA law says that, regardless of party affiliation, the 2 candidates who receive the most votes will face off in the general election . That means in a good part of CA you will have 2 Republican facing each other in the general election. I don't think that is choice at all.

---------------
I don't think the escrow thing is posturing. I think it may indeed happen.

Tonight should be interesting.
And exactly why I voted No... how the law was written. I think open primaries set-up differently, however can be good. Not this one, however. Also, my vote was based upon the right-wing fever of today and its influences.
Old 06-15-2010, 07:09 PM   #127
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

Thanked 13,118 Times in 3,391 Posts
Soon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST Reputation

Tragic image of Alabama's waves.

What did you think of Obama's speech?

I couldn't believe all the references to God and Prayer. ugh.
Soon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Soon For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2010, 07:20 PM   #128
Sam
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 2/11/2011
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
I'll let you know

Sam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowSoonIsNow View Post

Tragic image of Alabama's waves.

Do you really want to get me started on the speech?

i'll prolly get myself booted and timed out

That photo is tragedy, it sickens me to death
Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sam For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2010, 08:04 PM   #129
MsDemeanor

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme
Relationship Status:
Happily married to MisterMeanor, the man of my dreams

Thanked 1,851 Times in 511 Posts
MsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowSoonIsNow View Post

I was less than impressed with the overall content, and disgusted by the god and prayer stuff.
Old 06-15-2010, 08:20 PM   #130
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs down

I am deeply disappointed in the Fed. Gov't and in President Obama. Shame on them all. They should be down there and cleaning up the oil on the animals, saving the wetlands, and forcing BP to pay the folks who have lost everything. I hope BP goes bankrupt after all is said and done. I am sick by this. Just sick.

Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 08:40 PM   #131
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

All this references to God an prayer is his way of spouting words God didnt do this ,BP and greed did this.The only way its ever going to be cleaned up is for ppl to just do it and hope they get paid at some point for the work,just siting around and waiting for someone to take charge isnt working at all.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2010, 09:31 PM   #132
Diavolo

How Do You Identify?:
Butch

Diavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsDemeanor View Post
I was less than impressed with the overall content, and disgusted by the god and prayer stuff.
Did he go off script? Because the script only had one God reference besides the good night and God bless at the end and that was him quoting a priest.

I have to read everything now. I got rid of cable. Life is better. Much better.
Old 06-15-2010, 09:35 PM   #133
Toughy

How Do You Identify?:
pervert butch feminist woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
see above
Relationship Status:
independent entity

Thanked 7,656 Times in 1,522 Posts
Toughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST Reputation

*banging my head on my desk* *again* *again*

what Rachel Maddow said.........

*bangin head desk*

I am trying to remember some stupid ass joke about smelly undies and soap and rinse repeat....holding undies to nose....soap rinse...nose soap rinse repeat....

a very small part of what Saran Palin said is right.....

*bangin head*
*wash, rinse*
please do not tell me to 'repeat'

and I haven't even begun to think about all the God crap that came out of his mouth........
I will not assimilate

Toughy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 10:15 PM   #134
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinonahigh View Post
All this references to God an prayer is his way of spouting words God didnt do this ,BP and greed did this.The only way its ever going to be cleaned up is for ppl to just do it and hope they get paid at some point for the work,just siting around and waiting for someone to take charge isnt working at all.
This is interesting to read comments about the God/prayer stuff- I thought it was more about the region most affected..... part of the Bible Belt. Right now, those people need to be able to see Obama relate to their values and cultural themes. But, this affects the whole US.. and beyond. And it will for a very long time.

Personally, praying has its place for those that practice it, but this ain't it! I've always had problems with Obama's thoughts on religion and matters of state.

Overall, I don't know what the hell I think about the speech. I think I'm just tired of the politics and the fact that nothing gets done about the amount of oil we use and do not need to. Yo, where was the energy bill?
The Following User Says Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2010, 12:28 AM   #135
MsDemeanor

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme
Relationship Status:

MsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diavolo View Post
Did he go off script? Because the script only had one God reference besides the good night and God bless at the end and that was him quoting a priest.

I have to read everything now. I got rid of cable. Life is better. Much better.
The last six paragraphs of the speech were a little sermon:
It's a faith in the future that sustains us as a people. It is that same faith that sustains our neighbors in the Gulf right now.

Each year, at the beginning of shrimping season, the region's fishermen take part in a tradition that was brought to America long ago by fishing immigrants from Europe. It's called "The Blessing of the Fleet," and today it's a celebration where clergy from different religions gather to say a prayer for the safety and success of the men and women who will soon head out to sea -– some for weeks at a time.

The ceremony goes on in good times and in bad. It took place after Katrina, and it took place a few weeks ago –- at the beginning of the most difficult season these fishermen have ever faced.

And still, they came and they prayed. For as a priest and former fisherman once said of the tradition, "The blessing is not that God has promised to remove all obstacles and dangers. The blessing is that He is with us always," a blessing that's granted "even in the midst of the storm."

The oil spill is not the last crisis America will face. This nation has known hard times before and we will surely know them again. What sees us through -– what has always seen us through –- is our strength, our resilience, and our unyielding faith that something better awaits us if we summon the courage to reach for it.

Tonight, we pray for that courage. We pray for the people of the Gulf. And we pray that a hand may guide us through the storm towards a brighter day. Thank you, God bless you, and may God bless the United States of America.
Old 06-16-2010, 04:53 AM   #136
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Thanked 12,947 Times in 3,418 Posts
Miss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST Reputation

I didn't watch the President's address - not because I no longer support him, I do. But because I am tired of hearing the same thing over and over and over about this mess.

Yes, it is horrible. Yes, I am furious about it. But there is not much new to report and even my beloved NPR is

BP actually boasted the other day that they would be selling the recovered oil and using the proceeds to help pay for their mess. After hearing that I was left with the impression that the end to that statement was left in the boardroom..."That way we don't lose as much money on this. After all we had pretty much written off any income from this mess. Sothis is almost like found money for us."

I hold Congress responsible for lack of oversight. What happened up there? They failed to maintain many controls on the the financial industry and we had the economic blowout. They failed to keep and eye on the oil industry and we have this mess.

I hold BP responsible for their lack of emergency/disaster planning. Also for their glacially paced response to the disaster.

I also hold society (myself included) responsible for its head in the sand attitude with regard to alternate energy. After the Oil Embargo crisis in the 1970's we should have been light years from where we are now with regard to getting away from fossil fuel dependency.
Miss Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Miss Scarlett For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2010, 07:15 AM   #137
Diavolo

How Do You Identify?:
Butch

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsDemeanor View Post
The last six paragraphs of the speech were a little sermon:
It's a faith in the future that sustains us as a people. It is that same faith that sustains our neighbors in the Gulf right now.

Each year, at the beginning of shrimping season, the region's fishermen take part in a tradition that was brought to America long ago by fishing immigrants from Europe. It's called "The Blessing of the Fleet," and today it's a celebration where clergy from different religions gather to say a prayer for the safety and success of the men and women who will soon head out to sea -– some for weeks at a time.

The ceremony goes on in good times and in bad. It took place after Katrina, and it took place a few weeks ago –- at the beginning of the most difficult season these fishermen have ever faced.

And still, they came and they prayed. For as a priest and former fisherman once said of the tradition, "The blessing is not that God has promised to remove all obstacles and dangers. The blessing is that He is with us always," a blessing that's granted "even in the midst of the storm."

The oil spill is not the last crisis America will face. This nation has known hard times before and we will surely know them again. What sees us through -– what has always seen us through –- is our strength, our resilience, and our unyielding faith that something better awaits us if we summon the courage to reach for it.

Tonight, we pray for that courage. We pray for the people of the Gulf. And we pray that a hand may guide us through the storm towards a brighter day. Thank you, God bless you, and may God bless the United States of America.
I found it and listened to it later last night. Yeah, I see what you're saying. And he was off script a little. I almost feel like it was a fuck you to the wingnuts who keep calling him a Muslim or keeping beating him over the head over his middle name. And it did capture the spirituality of the fishing community. I hate having anyone's religon rammed down my throat too, but I can give him a pass on that at this point in his Administration. At least God isn't telling him to go invade countries.
The Following User Says Thank You to Diavolo For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2010, 08:26 AM   #138
Sabine Gallais

How Do You Identify?:
Adeodatus

Sabine Gallais Has the BEST ReputationSabine Gallais Has the BEST ReputationSabine Gallais Has the BEST ReputationSabine Gallais Has the BEST ReputationSabine Gallais Has the BEST ReputationSabine Gallais Has the BEST ReputationSabine Gallais Has the BEST ReputationSabine Gallais Has the BEST ReputationSabine Gallais Has the BEST ReputationSabine Gallais Has the BEST ReputationSabine Gallais Has the BEST Reputation

I'm not overly concerned about his "faith" and God references because we all know it's about as genuine as.......

Here we are: broke, polluted, exploited, lied to, jerked around, and basically left for dead ignorant fools…

I just read about how Al Gore now blames Obama for the Gulf of Mexico disaster. And of course, he lambastes the media as well. Where was Gore when he was playing the same games with global warming? Where was his contempt for the same paradigm that supported his lies while he enriched himself?

This country used to be able to pick itself up, dust itself off, and shake off the BS and get on with things. Right now is about as close to that point as many of us will ever see again in our lifetime. We better wake the F up and soon.

Old 06-16-2010, 09:54 AM   #139
MsDemeanor

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabine Gallais View Post

I just read about how Al Gore now blames Obama for the Gulf of Mexico disaster.
Link, please?
Old 06-16-2010, 02:44 PM   #140
Kast

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
hye
Relationship Status:
in love with her

Kast Has the BEST ReputationKast Has the BEST ReputationKast Has the BEST ReputationKast Has the BEST ReputationKast Has the BEST ReputationKast Has the BEST ReputationKast Has the BEST ReputationKast Has the BEST ReputationKast Has the BEST ReputationKast Has the BEST ReputationKast Has the BEST Reputation

Dear Americans, it so saddens me to see all of this evil happening to our lands and to the lands of the world. May you find your peace in the midst of it.
Kast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kast For This Useful Post: