Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Careers, Work, Business

Old 04-08-2012, 08:17 PM   #121
TWolf

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Totally taken

TWolf Has the BEST ReputationTWolf Has the BEST ReputationTWolf Has the BEST ReputationTWolf Has the BEST ReputationTWolf Has the BEST ReputationTWolf Has the BEST ReputationTWolf Has the BEST ReputationTWolf Has the BEST ReputationTWolf Has the BEST ReputationTWolf Has the BEST ReputationTWolf Has the BEST Reputation

I'm completely out at work... though I'm butch enough to trigger even the faultest gardar... totally funny when my last manager would get flustered everytime he'd call me "sir".... I work in a very accepting environment though... my computer has a pic collage of my gal, her son, and my son proudly displayed... and we attend company events as a couple...
TWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TWolf For This Useful Post:
Old 04-08-2012, 08:28 PM   #122
Just_G

How Do You Identify?:
Butch, Switch, Comedian...G...whichever.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He....with an e!
Relationship Status:
I'll take kinky & twisted for $200, Alex!!

Tournaments Won: 1

Thanked 6,165 Times in 1,450 Posts
Just_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST Reputation

For me, the question is when am I NOT out, ANYWHERE I go?

I just started a new job at a huge engineering firm....I am positive that not one person that has seen me come and go from the building thinks I am straight.

Even though I didn't have to "come out" at work, there is still an awkward uneasiness around all of my female co-workers....not on my part though. I try to make conversation, but they just kind of turn and walk away. They don't make eye contact, and when it is time for a meeting that I don't know about, they leave me sitting in my cubicle and send one of the guys to get me.

I can honestly say that some days I wish I blended in and could go on about my business without the awkwardness. That will never happen with me.

It's funny, there is another thread on BFP about femmes having to come out all the time and how they are not noticed, and most of the time, I so wish I was NOT noticed so easily. It's like when you have straight hair and want curly hair or vice versa...lol

Old 04-09-2012, 07:20 AM   #123
genghisfawn

How Do You Identify?:
Femme/Gentlewoman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
Happily married 05/17/14

Thanked 2,157 Times in 403 Posts
genghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputation

I don't come out at a new job until I have firm friends. Right now I'm contracted to another company, working full-time on their site. When someone asks me if I'm seeing anyone or married or something, I respond with a subtle, "Eventually!" and a smile.

However, I had lunch with another division's manager when I first started with my company and it came up that I'd been engaged. She said at one point after that, "Don't be offended, but are you a lesbian?"

I was FLOORED. Not because she asked, because I don't really care, but that she actually read me as gay! Could it have been the sweatervest and blouse combo over no-nonsense trousers and shoes? I just said, "Yes... why, do I, you know, look gay or something?"

She said, "No, not at all. I have a sixth sense for these things."

She and I are totally friends and we're totally going shopping this week.
genghisfawn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to genghisfawn For This Useful Post:
Old 04-09-2012, 07:57 AM   #124
apretty

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
sea shell
Relationship Status:
married

Thanked 4,377 Times in 1,015 Posts
apretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputation

Yes, as I'm asked about my personal life I always correct the inevitable presumed heterosexuality--I don't offer personal information generally because it doesn't pertain to the job (and as I have a supervisory position I like a little distance), but I will share bits of who I am, as appropriate.

Last edited by apretty; 04-09-2012 at 08:00 AM.
apretty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to apretty For This Useful Post:
Old 04-09-2012, 08:08 AM   #125
Novelafemme
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 8,925 Times in 1,834 Posts
Novelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST Reputation

Like, apretty, I am out at work (and everywhere) but I keep my personal life private as much as I can. At one point I had several coworkers as friends on facebook but I found it very awkward when they knew about my active social life outside of work and would comment on what I did over the weekend. I am a total contradiction when it comes to my privacy, lol. So, I "unfriended" them on facebook and keep my friend list to only those I know pretty darned well (and family).

I have pictures of Katy and I up in my office, as well as pics of my girls and other friends and family, and sometimes new people stop by my office and I catch them looking at the photos and then looking at me as the little light bulb goes off in their brains.
Novelafemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Novelafemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-09-2012, 08:21 AM   #126
Quintease

How Do You Identify?:
Rainbow femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
princess
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 1,816 Times in 417 Posts
Quintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST Reputation

Not really, but then I am married to a man. Generally I like to scope out the situation before I come out, but sometimes it still doesn't help. I've come out in the past and experienced harassment (always from other women). I've also chosen not to come out in other jobs and regretted it.

My husbands not out to anyone but his boss. Foolishly he added one of his workmates to his facebook, only to have to 'out' me as bisexual after we made a mistake with his privacy settings. He has since deleted that person.
Old 04-14-2012, 08:39 PM   #127
SaltyButch

How Do You Identify?:
Old School Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
he/she/hey you.....
Relationship Status:
open to the possibilities

2 Highscores
Tournaments Won: 5

Thanked 1,635 Times in 301 Posts
SaltyButch Has the BEST ReputationSaltyButch Has the BEST ReputationSaltyButch Has the BEST ReputationSaltyButch Has the BEST ReputationSaltyButch Has the BEST ReputationSaltyButch Has the BEST ReputationSaltyButch Has the BEST ReputationSaltyButch Has the BEST ReputationSaltyButch Has the BEST ReputationSaltyButch Has the BEST ReputationSaltyButch Has the BEST Reputation

I am totally out at work and have been in all the places that I have worked as an adult. It is not something that happens on the first day you walk in but after you have been able to gauge people's responses. I have been fortunate enough that my peers accept me and in fact have been educated to some degree because I am open to discussing most anything they may be wondering about.
SaltyButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SaltyButch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2012, 09:06 PM   #128
The JD
Be the Fearless Bunny

How Do You Identify?:
Hers.
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
Medusa’s Snake Charmer

2 Highscores

Thanked 2,686 Times in 540 Posts
The JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST Reputation

I'm out at work. I just posted a pic of me at work- it's kind of obvious, I think...heh. But I've also addressed it with my coworkers at first indirectly, by not pretending to be single if I'm not and using the correct pronouns (and first name) when referring to my girlfriend... but also directly- once some see that I'm comfortable with it, they get comfortable enough to ask more.

The strangest example of this is the 60 year old coworker who said to me, "I heard a DJ using this word on the radio this morning, and I think it might be a gay thing. What's a 'carpet muncher'?"

After I spit my coffee out and got my laughter under control, I told her.
Old 05-08-2012, 06:37 PM   #129
TheresaD

How Do You Identify?:
Moving toward Femme

TheresaD is on a distinguished road
Talking Out at work...

I sure hope so because I am f*cking my boss. Have been for nearly 7 years.
TheresaD is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheresaD For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2012, 06:53 PM   #130
MaggieBluIze

How Do You Identify?:
Feisty Kick Butt Bratty Babygirl Femme LOL
Preferred Pronoun?:
Something Sweet Please =)
Relationship Status:
My rainbow bubble holds love, happiness and life with my sweet Husbutch Daddy Bass!

Thanked 5,385 Times in 1,504 Posts
MaggieBluIze Has the BEST ReputationMaggieBluIze Has the BEST ReputationMaggieBluIze Has the BEST ReputationMaggieBluIze Has the BEST ReputationMaggieBluIze Has the BEST ReputationMaggieBluIze Has the BEST ReputationMaggieBluIze Has the BEST ReputationMaggieBluIze Has the BEST ReputationMaggieBluIze Has the BEST ReputationMaggieBluIze Has the BEST ReputationMaggieBluIze Has the BEST Reputation

In every fabulous way possible!!!!!

I it!!!!

Turns out so is my supervisor, his supervisor and many of my coworkers!!!!!!! *big grin*
Old 08-13-2012, 07:25 PM   #131
stephfromMIT
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Troll
Preferred Pronoun?:
she her
Relationship Status:
engaged to my fiancee Amanda

stephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST Reputation
Talking

I not working yet, but I am out with my fellow grad students/lab colleagues. If I don't "ping" your gaydar, you have no gaydar.
stephfromMIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 08:51 PM   #132
Mrs Arcstriker
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
her, she...female ones...
Relationship Status:
married to Arcstriker

Mrs Arcstriker Has the BEST ReputationMrs Arcstriker Has the BEST ReputationMrs Arcstriker Has the BEST ReputationMrs Arcstriker Has the BEST ReputationMrs Arcstriker Has the BEST ReputationMrs Arcstriker Has the BEST ReputationMrs Arcstriker Has the BEST ReputationMrs Arcstriker Has the BEST ReputationMrs Arcstriker Has the BEST ReputationMrs Arcstriker Has the BEST ReputationMrs Arcstriker Has the BEST Reputation

I am out to my entire family, my friends, my employers and my neighbors...That said, I am NOT out to my residents of my nursing home. Some "get it" when they see Arc come in to work, but I did have one elderly man ask if Arc was my son, and another with expressive aphagia just gave me a knowing giggle...I have no expectation that my residents need to know, nor do I have an expectation that if they did they would condone.

At my job at the college, I don't tell my students per se, but they figure it out when they meet the family.

I've been OUT since I left my marriage to my ex-husband in late-1999, and thus far I've had not one scrap of negativity...even though I came "out" in a very predominantly Catholic community where I have lived for 33 years.
Mrs Arcstriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 09:01 PM   #133
Lady Pamela

How Do You Identify?:
A Lady..Femme..Free Spirit with a touch of survivalist woman in me.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Spiritual Warrior..She Ra..Baby Doll, or anything close..ha!
Relationship Status:
In perfect love and perfect trust I believe that will be directed..for now Just friends in my life.

1 Highscore

Location: Live in Utah but take trips to Arkansas. Plan to move there eventually.
Thanked 5,939 Times in 1,609 Posts
Lady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST Reputation

It would be extremely hard for me to do that considering my clientell are my own...My other job is also child based and probably about 200 to 300 children each event. Ha!

But in years before now at work..Yes I was also out when in medical field positions.

But should someone ask..Sure I would most definately tell them the truth..Like one on my client I have a session with.

When negative thoughts come to mind,
Let them die stillborn.
Speak and do posotive in any situation,
And watch your dreams grow and flurish.
If you can't say anything posotive, Zip it up.
Do not give birth to that which you do not want to see grow.
See it, Believe it, Own it, Have it!
~*~ Lady Pamela ~*~
Lady Pamela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:44 PM   #134
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,434 Times in 6,886 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

No.... I work for an uber christian....I try not to discuss religion and politics with clients anyhow...but it DOES give me a tickle being on BFP while I'm at work....I'm just naughty like that
cinnamongrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cinnamongrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2012, 12:51 PM   #135
SleepyButch

How Do You Identify?:
Dude
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him
Relationship Status:
Taken

Thanked 11,244 Times in 2,753 Posts
SleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST Reputation

I am totally out at work and I love it!

You cannot embrace those things that will not embrace you back.
SleepyButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SleepyButch For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2012, 12:55 PM   #136
Breathless
Brat Extraordinaire

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Happy

3 Highscores
Tournaments Won: 23

Thanked 4,101 Times in 958 Posts
Breathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST Reputation

Kind of.. I work outside .. sort of.. JK.. Absolutely.. I could only be more out if I was flying a flag behind the car around town doing pickups. .
Old 10-02-2012, 01:03 PM   #137
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
GNC, not Trans, REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Thanked 6,635 Times in 2,287 Posts
Greco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST Reputation
Default Out

Yes, always.

Greco

"Me gusta andar, pero no sigo el camino pues lo seguro no tiene misterio." Facundo Cabral
Greco is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2012, 02:07 PM   #138
Talon

How Do You Identify?:
Divine Feminine
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 10,230 Times in 3,305 Posts
Talon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST Reputation
Arrow To each their own, but...

Nope. And I do prefer it that way. My sexuality is no one's business and has nothing at all to do with what I do for a living. My performance is what matters.
Talon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Talon For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2012, 03:03 PM   #139
jules5041

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
do not disturb...

jules5041 Has the BEST Reputationjules5041 Has the BEST Reputationjules5041 Has the BEST Reputationjules5041 Has the BEST Reputationjules5041 Has the BEST Reputationjules5041 Has the BEST Reputationjules5041 Has the BEST Reputationjules5041 Has the BEST Reputationjules5041 Has the BEST Reputationjules5041 Has the BEST Reputationjules5041 Has the BEST Reputation

i work for a small clinic in Little Rock. There are several of us that are gay and out that work here. It is a very relaxed, positive enviroment. Most of my co-workers are also accepting and tolerant so that is also a plus. I am lucky as I know many places are not as liberal as my place of employment is.

Jules

Pacific Northwest Bound May 2013
jules5041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 03:12 PM   #140
Duchess

How Do You Identify?:
Absolute Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Toe curling :-)

2 Highscores

Thanked 5,591 Times in 1,521 Posts
Duchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST Reputation

Absolutely