Toughy

How Do You Identify?:
pervert butch feminist woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
see above
Relationship Status:
independent entity

Thanked 7,656 Times in 1,522 Posts
Toughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST Reputation

I stand by what the jury said. They were sitting in the room every day, listened to the judge, witnesses, lawyers, saw her every day and reached a verdict. All 12 of them agreed she lied to the po po. All 12 of them agreed (edited to add: there was reasonable doubt) she did not kill/murder her child.

Trying and convicting people in the press without all the facts hurts our judicial system. Especially when the verdict is not guilty or in this case guilty of lying, but not manslaughter/murder. Common law (and US law) all the way back to the late 1700's states suspects are innocent until proven guilty, with the prosecution having the burden of proof. All of us should remember this.
I will not assimilate

Toughy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Toughy For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2011, 03:10 PM   #122
Peach

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
happily married

Peach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST Reputation

I was saying to Huskyb last night, there was NO proof how the child died, and without that, there was no proof she was killed by her mother, and she was going to walk. I hoped I was wrong, but I wasnt.
Peach is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Peach For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2011, 03:21 PM   #123
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,663 Times in 7,652 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

This verdict, to me, seems justified given the lack of direct evidence. Circumstantial evidence that requires mental gymnastics is likely to be problematic to a convinction.

The prosecution just didnt prove their case beyond a reasonable doubt.

She is to be sentenced Thursday and I fully expect, after 3 years in custody, she will walk out a free woman that day.

Someday, perhaps, the truth of what happened to that child will surface.

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2011, 03:23 PM   #124
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

When the prosecution provides only circumstantial evidence in a Capitol case and does not prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the accused is guilty, then the person is not adjudicated guilty. She was found guilty of lying to a law enforcement officer on counts 4-7. She may still do jail time for that, sentencing on Thursday.

It is my fervent hope that when called to be on a jury people would use their brains and leave their hearts out of critical decisions of life and death.

The emotional should never enter into deciding the guilt of an individual, only the facts of the case. If there are no facts, or circumstantial evidence, there is no case.

Do I feel she did it, I have no clue as I was not on her jury. Remember the jury was sequestered for the entire trial, they did not see the TV or read the papers of have access to social media. So they had the facts of the case, while we all got conjecture and emotion.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2011, 03:26 PM   #125
nowandthen

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
S/he
Relationship Status:
In a realationship with my PhD. Dissertation work for the next 3 years

nowandthen Has the BEST Reputationnowandthen Has the BEST Reputationnowandthen Has the BEST Reputationnowandthen Has the BEST Reputationnowandthen Has the BEST Reputationnowandthen Has the BEST Reputationnowandthen Has the BEST Reputationnowandthen Has the BEST Reputationnowandthen Has the BEST Reputationnowandthen Has the BEST Reputationnowandthen Has the BEST Reputation
Default From My friend

Alina Browne
'So if you're a Black mother and you send your child to a better school district you're a criminal, but if you're a white mother and you kill your child, acquittal. Yeah, please don't even try to tell me our judicial system isn't a sham.'

" It's a Kind of testing, The kind of testing that spiritual warriors need in order to awaken their Heart" PC
nowandthen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nowandthen For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2011, 03:29 PM   #126
morningstar55

How Do You Identify?:
femme,she
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her,
Relationship Status:
very single

Thanked 4,241 Times in 1,845 Posts
morningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputation

in Wisconsin .. 11 yrs ago... 4 kids starved ,beaten , abused... 3 boys 1 girl. the girl was kept in a small dog cage in a cold dark basment most her life until she was 7 ...
the parents......... arrested and gvin 1 yr in jail ...

http://www.imperfectparent.com/topic...inally-speaks/

life is to short to wake up in the morning with regrets
so love the people who treat you right,
forget about the ones who dont,
and believe that everything happens for a reason.
If you get a chance take it... if it changes your life let it.
morningstar55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 03:31 PM   #127
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

And this is what I mean about the emotional part. Emotion is not fact. Do I feel for the mother who is in jail because she broke the law and tried to get her child a better education, you fucking bet I do, it doesn't change the fact she broke the law. It is the laws that need changing people.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2011, 03:32 PM   #128
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,119 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs down

This country's judicial system will put Men and Women of color in prison for an ounce if weed in SOME states, this woman kills her child and she gets off without nothing?

I'm not seeing how the judicial system is balanced and no I'm not leaving my emotions out a child is gone, a child who would of been a woman her value should NEVER EVER be made into nothing, ever.
"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2011, 03:34 PM   #129
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:

The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation
Angry Worth repeating

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowandthen View Post
Alina Browne
'So if you're a Black mother and you send your child to a better school district you're a criminal, but if you're a white mother and you kill your child, acquittal. Yeah, please don't even try to tell me our judicial system isn't a sham.'

THIS SPEAKS VOLUMES!!!
"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The Following User Says Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2011, 03:36 PM   #130
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

There is no Proof she did it! I can emote all fucking day about the child, it wont bring her back, but the woman was found not guilty.
The system is flawed, it isn't perfect, but damnit when 12 people say not guilty and they have All the evidence than not guilty it is.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2011, 03:37 PM   #131
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:

Thumbs down

12 people have also placed innocent POC in prison based on their race. Great system yippee!

Old 07-05-2011, 03:40 PM   #132
Dante

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Butch Top
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hym
Relationship Status:
Single

Dante Has the BEST ReputationDante Has the BEST ReputationDante Has the BEST ReputationDante Has the BEST ReputationDante Has the BEST ReputationDante Has the BEST ReputationDante Has the BEST ReputationDante Has the BEST ReputationDante Has the BEST ReputationDante Has the BEST ReputationDante Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJFemmie View Post
That's what ultimately scares me. Based on how she conducts herself, she could have another child and this could happen again.

This is so very possible. I have known peeps that are sociopaths. They have no conscience, not capable of feelings for others, unable to control their actions. They use people for their own benefit and then discard them when not needing them anymore. I am also scared and very worried about Casey's future victims! Many people commented on facebook, and reminds us of all of the searches done on the computer. Is it possible that she was planning do kill the entire family??? Someone mentioned karma. Casey, you WILL pay. OJ is now in prison!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dante For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2011, 03:41 PM   #133
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Lady_Snow View Post
12 people have also placed innocent POC in prison based on their race. Great system yippee!
Yes they have and instead of emoting about it work to change it! There is the SPLC that works to overturn innocent peoples convictions, there is the Innocents Project. There are things that can change the system if reasonable people work to make it happen.
I will in no instance say the system is perfect, it isn't but I will not try a person in the court of public opinion.
The Following User Says Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2011, 03:45 PM   #134
weatherboi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Owned boy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey boy!!!
Relationship Status:
counting freckles slowly under Her direction!!!

Thanked 12,558 Times in 2,992 Posts
weatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs down

Our system convicts innocent people all the time and guilty people go free. I accept a guilty woman went free today. Hoorah!!! i remember Susan smith, I think she said a black man carjacked her car with her kids in it. This girl tried to blame it on a latina woman. I see a pattern and this is Our judicial system .it is set up to let pretty white women go free and rich men get away with murder.
Old 07-05-2011, 03:48 PM   #135
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:

Thumbs down

Please don't tell me how I should react to a hard situation Corkey and please don't assume I do nothing against the injustices of this country, that was pretty shitty. I'm allowed to say how I feel or what I'm thinking it's not against the TOS just the same way you can express your thoughts without question we all should be able to without having someone wag the do something about it finger at us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkey View Post
Yes they have and instead of emoting about it work to change it! There is the SPLC that works to overturn innocent peoples convictions, there is the Innocents Project. There are things that can change the system if reasonable people work to make it happen.
I will in no instance say the system is perfect, it isn't but I will not try a person in the court of public opinion.

Old 07-05-2011, 03:49 PM   #136
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherboi View Post
Our system convicts innocent people all the time and guilty people go free. I accept a guilty woman went free today. Hoorah!!! i remember Susan smith, I think she said a black man carjacked her car with her kids in it. This girl tried to blame it on a latina woman. I see a pattern and this is Our judicial system .it is set up to let pretty white women go free and rich men get away with murder.

And rape!!!!!

Old 07-05-2011, 03:51 PM   #137
nowandthen

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
S/he
Relationship Status:
In a realationship with my PhD. Dissertation work for the next 3 years

nowandthen Has the BEST Reputationnowandthen Has the BEST Reputationnowandthen Has the BEST Reputationnowandthen Has the BEST Reputationnowandthen Has the BEST Reputationnowandthen Has the BEST Reputationnowandthen Has the BEST Reputationnowandthen Has the BEST Reputationnowandthen Has the BEST Reputationnowandthen Has the BEST Reputationnowandthen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkey View Post
And this is what I mean about the emotional part. Emotion is not fact. Do I feel for the mother who is in jail because she broke the law and tried to get her child a better education, you fucking bet I do, it doesn't change the fact she broke the law. It is the laws that need changing people.
But if that same child can play sports, those parent do not go to jail, please.... look up Jim Crow.

I was not in the jury , I respect what they did, what the eveidence and the law allowed. But this has racism all over it, the fact that we know the name of all the players, that the media coverage is sicking, yet young brown men are dying at alarming rates or are in jail, or pregnat women are handcuffed to the bed when giving birth in jail.

I did not watch any of it and yet I could not get away from it, why not do that with all the children killed reguardless of circumstance, just a thought.
These our post i made on FB
Again are the right questions being asked? How does any child end up dead at the hands of the folks who are supposed to love them. Why is it so hard for white folks to admit we as a collective are valued and benifit in all areas from a system aimed to do just that? I did not watch any of it, I am grateful I read non-normative media...
I am more sad at how this case was elevated over the hundreds of children killed everyday around the world. Yes i know this question is rhetorical I know why. Humans running to get in line made me sick, yes throughout history but I find this offensive, the spectacale seems hypocritical to find happiness or joy in any of it.

" It's a Kind of testing, The kind of testing that spiritual warriors need in order to awaken their Heart" PC
nowandthen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nowandthen For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2011, 03:55 PM   #138
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Because I think something doesn't make it so. 12 people found her Not guilty. None of us were in the jury, we don't know what the evidence was, they were sequestered and only had the evidence. WE had the emotion from the reporters the court attendees and the court of public opinion. None of which are facts.

I'd hate like hell to be someone accused and have most of you on my jury.
You're right Snow I am pointing fingers. I want people to use their brains and not their emotions while on a jury. I want the guilty to be jailed and the innocent to go free. No where do I think that because I feel, should any of that happen.

And no where do I think it is fair for POC to go to jail when they are innocent.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2011, 03:56 PM   #139
weatherboi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Owned boy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey boy!!!
Relationship Status:
counting freckles slowly under Her direction!!!

Thanked 12,558 Times in 2,992 Posts
weatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs down

I don't think people are emoting I think it is more like mourning. Mourning for a child forgotten. Mourning a child that will never receive justice. Reasonable doubt does not make her innocent. She just got lucky.
Old 07-05-2011, 03:58 PM   #140
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowandthen View Post
But if that same child can play sports, those parent do not go to jail, please.... look up Jim Crow.

I was not in the jury , I respect what they did, what the eveidence and the law allowed. But this has racism all over it, the fact that we know the name of all the players, that the media coverage is sicking, yet young brown men are dying at alarming rates or are in jail, or pregnat women are handcuffed to the bed when giving birth in jail.

I did not watch any of it and yet I could not get away from it, why not do that with all the children killed reguardless of circumstance, just a thought.
These our post i made on FB
Again are the right questions being asked? How does any child end up dead at the hands of the folks who are supposed to love them. Why is it so hard for white folks to admit we as a collective are valued and benifit in all areas from a system aimed to do just that? I did not watch any of it, I am grateful I read non-normative media...
I am more sad at how this case was elevated over the hundreds of children killed everyday around the world. Yes i know this question is rhetorical I know why. Humans running to get in line made me sick, yes throughout history but I find this offensive, the spectacale seems hypocritical to find happiness or joy in any of it.
Don't you admonish ME about Jim Crow you don't know my background! You are bringing emotion to a fact based system.
The Following User Says Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post: