Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > ART, POETRY, WRITING > Art

Old 08-04-2010, 01:58 AM   #121
Leader

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Single

Leader Has the BEST ReputationLeader Has the BEST ReputationLeader Has the BEST ReputationLeader Has the BEST ReputationLeader Has the BEST ReputationLeader Has the BEST ReputationLeader Has the BEST ReputationLeader Has the BEST ReputationLeader Has the BEST ReputationLeader Has the BEST ReputationLeader Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by little man View Post
these are really lovely images! the process work is pretty cool. i haven't gotten that far yet myself.

personally, i love shooting in nyc for architecture and street shots. cali is nice for scenery and i love the desert for anything. night photography is fun, if challenging. i've been spending time shooting lightning and clouds lately. i'll be spending some time on portraits soon and maybe a little kink/fetish stuff.
Well, I don't know about lovely, but I'll take the compliment, lol. Really like your latest lightening shots. Did you bracket your shots to get those? I'd think it would be hard to get the timing unless you were shooting multiple exposures. Nice work!
Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 02:04 AM   #122
little man

How Do You Identify?:
mister
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
hard to hold

1 Highscore

Location: where the road goes on forever and the party never ends
Thanked 1,533 Times in 437 Posts
little man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leader View Post
Well, I don't know about lovely, but I'll take the compliment, lol. Really like your latest lightening shots. Did you bracket your shots to get those? I'd think it would be hard to get the timing unless you were shooting multiple exposures. Nice work!
lovely is in the eye of the beholder, no?

i don't generally bracket my shots...most all my lightning stuff is handheld. timing does help, but using the bulb setting ups my chances for good shots.

i'm a rambling man
i ain't ever gonna change
i got a gypsy soul to blame
and i was born for leaving

--zac brown band (colder weather)
little man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 08:26 PM   #123
Cyclopea

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Lesbian

Thanked 1,617 Times in 633 Posts
Cyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST Reputation
Default library of congress

http://www.flickr.com/photos/library...7603671370361/

http://www.loc.gov/preserv/care/photolea.html
Cyclopea is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cyclopea For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2010, 09:43 PM   #124
Fancy

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
N/A

Thanked 7,097 Times in 2,322 Posts
Fancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST Reputation

One of my fav shots from Toronto Pride!
Fancy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fancy For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2010, 12:21 AM   #125
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,958 Times in 13,923 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

hello fellow shutterbugs!

Fancy i LOVE that one...

I've been doing some stuff and learning to use some new lenses..

I recently moved my site from smugmug to fine art america.. a membership is 30.00 a year and the site is very nice... anyway if anyone is interested my stuff is at www.cajundeephotos.com

I've been selling photocards at the resort where I work and thats nice but I'm ready to venture out..

Wil congrats! How did the job pan out?
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2010, 06:42 AM   #126
little man

How Do You Identify?:
mister
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
hard to hold

1 Highscore

little man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassy_girl View Post
hello fellow shutterbugs!

Fancy i LOVE that one...

I've been doing some stuff and learning to use some new lenses..

I recently moved my site from smugmug to fine art america.. a membership is 30.00 a year and the site is very nice... anyway if anyone is interested my stuff is at www.cajundeephotos.com

I've been selling photocards at the resort where I work and thats nice but I'm ready to venture out..

Wil congrats! How did the job pan out?

'bout damn time you resurfaced. where you been hiding?

congrats on the postcard sales. that has to feel good!

job went ok...way more work than advertised, but the guy cashed out on it. nothing too interesting to shoot, but what the hell. i did let the building owner know i'd be happy to shoot the building when he's ready to list it and flipped him a card. maybe i'll get lucky and get a call from him.

got a couple other things in the works/planning stages. if anything works out, i'll let y'all know.

i'm a rambling man

Old 08-19-2010, 08:02 PM   #127
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by little man View Post
'bout damn time you resurfaced. where you been hiding?

congrats on the postcard sales. that has to feel good!

job went ok...way more work than advertised, but the guy cashed out on it. nothing too interesting to shoot, but what the hell. i did let the building owner know i'd be happy to shoot the building when he's ready to list it and flipped him a card. maybe i'll get lucky and get a call from him.

got a couple other things in the works/planning stages. if anything works out, i'll let y'all know.
not hiding just working! The summer here is not conducive to creativity out in the field.. your time off is spent resting for the other crazy 6 days of the week..I have managed to get a few pics that I like..I would love some feedback on the website...

Yes it does feel good to sell your work. I remember when I put my cards out there, the first day someone put a photocard on the counter to buy.. I felt like saying.."Seriously? you are paying for that?"... its humbling but at the same time I also know I live in a place that is photoworthy in every direction.. My time has been spent learning how to drive my camera.. and I am there... but I still struggle.. big time. NO confidence!

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with selling photos in coffeeshops etc?
Old 09-09-2010, 08:52 PM   #128
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

New photos of the Tall Ships that came to town today.
http://s737.photobucket.com/albums/x...0Ships%202010/
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 09-10-2010, 08:06 PM   #129
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

VERY nice Corkey!

Check out my moon!

http://cajundeephotos.artistwebsites...cajun-dee.html
The Following User Says Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 09-10-2010, 10:32 PM   #130
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Cool! Thanks Sassy.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
Old 09-11-2010, 01:11 PM   #131
little man

How Do You Identify?:
mister
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
hard to hold

1 Highscore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassy_girl View Post
VERY nice Corkey!

Check out my moon!

http://cajundeephotos.artistwebsites...cajun-dee.html
well done!

i'm a rambling man

Old 09-11-2010, 07:30 PM   #132
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

thank you!!
Old 09-17-2010, 07:40 AM   #133
femmedyke

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her

femmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputation

Hello fellow shutterbugs~

I've not been shooting as much as I would like but here are a few things I've posted to my personal flickr account if you're interested; it's a bit of a potpourri of images, nature, people, pride. Some are new, some are old.

My most recent gig was shooting my new beekeeping mentor, Grace, and you can view those on my fanpage on facebook.

I have a few sessions booked for this fall, starting tomorrow, for a very adorable couple who just got engaged. I'm so very excited!! I haven't done any marketing and have been relying on word-of-mouth. I decided that I needed to complete a business plan before I begin an active marketing campaign. It's really tedious work!

How is everyone doing? It's almost autumn! Wheeee! One of my most favourite times of year to shoot.... anyone have any special plans?
Old 09-17-2010, 11:52 AM   #134
BestButchBoy

How Do You Identify?:
Male ID

Thanked 5,459 Times in 2,038 Posts
BestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by femmedyke View Post

I've not been shooting as much as I would like but here are a few things I've posted to my personal flickr account if you're interested; it's a bit of a potpourri of images, nature, people, pride. Some are new, some are old.
Nice pieces and fun self portraits.

Word of mouth is a very effective form of marketing. If you can exploit social media marketing, go for it! e.g. Facebook; Twitter et al.

Hope you and yours enjoys autumn. UGH. Loathe the very idea of winter looming...I need to move west!

Cheers!
BestButchBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 05:29 PM   #135
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Quote:
Originally Posted by femmedyke View Post

My most recent gig was shooting my new beekeeping mentor, Grace, and you can view those on my fanpage on facebook.

I have a few sessions booked for this fall, starting tomorrow, for a very adorable couple who just got engaged. I'm so very excited!! I haven't done any marketing and have been relying on word-of-mouth. I decided that I needed to complete a business plan before I begin an active marketing campaign. It's really tedious work!

How is everyone doing? It's almost autumn! Wheeee! One of my most favourite times of year to shoot.... anyone have any special plans?
I love your work! You are also very gorgeous!

Don't stop shooting!

I would love you to take a look at my work and give me some real opinions..(link below)

My plans are to SHOOT and shoot.. i got a new, used 40D canon and i cant wait to use it more..

are any of you on Facebook? I find it easy to share work on facebook with friends..

Even though I make a couple of bucks selling photocards I would love to do some stock work but not even sure where in the world to begin!
Old 09-18-2010, 05:35 PM   #136
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

http://s737.photobucket.com/albums/x...0Ships%202010/

New photos from our most excellent adventure. I'll be posting more in awhile.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 09-18-2010, 11:03 PM   #137
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

wonderful shots Corkey, I especially love all the rope shots
Old 09-18-2010, 11:20 PM   #138
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thank you Sassy, we had a ball taking a boat load of photos.
The Following User Says Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2010, 12:06 PM   #139
Fancy

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
N/A

Thanked 7,097 Times in 2,322 Posts
Fancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST Reputation

Favorite shot from the weekend....This is my favorite time of year!
Fancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 05:01 PM   #140
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancy View Post
Favorite shot from the weekend....This is my favorite time of year!
Oh I love this! I recently was on a *Field Trip* to the local winery, I wanted some shots like this but we got rained out...

I love your work Fancy!
The Following User Says Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post: