Jane Bond
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
I look in the mirror and it's me
Preferred Pronoun?:
she her
Relationship Status:
alert

Jane Bond Has the BEST ReputationJane Bond Has the BEST ReputationJane Bond Has the BEST ReputationJane Bond Has the BEST ReputationJane Bond Has the BEST ReputationJane Bond Has the BEST ReputationJane Bond Has the BEST ReputationJane Bond Has the BEST ReputationJane Bond Has the BEST ReputationJane Bond Has the BEST ReputationJane Bond Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruTexan View Post
Marriage? Is it for me? I would say YES. I want to be married to the love of my life. Right now, I'm single, I just haven't met the right woman YET.
Maybe one day I will find the Right woman for me.
Get a prenup, and best wishes.
Jane Bond is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jane Bond For This Useful Post:
Old 09-21-2015, 06:47 PM   #142
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,958 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I'm curious about something....

Of the 18 people who said in the poll that they had an alternate joining, will any of you now be getting married as it is legal everywhere here in the States?

Has anyone that said no they never would, gotten married since?

If you were married at the time of the poll, have you since divorced?

One of the arguments always used against us to deny equal marriage, was that we jumped from relationship to relationship, and didn't want/need marriage...have you found yourselves taking relationships more seriously since marriage equality passed?
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 09-21-2015, 06:58 PM   #143
Tuff Stuff

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 1,319 Times in 506 Posts
Tuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST Reputation

Shit,i'm thinking too fucking hard right now...let me sleep on it!

Fuck,I really need it...SLEEP!,I SAID SLEEP!!!
Tuff Stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 07:43 PM   #144
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,870 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsTinkerbelly View Post
I'm curious about something....

Of the 18 people who said in the poll that they had an alternate joining, will any of you now be getting married as it is legal everywhere here in the States?

Has anyone that said no they never would, gotten married since?

If you were married at the time of the poll, have you since divorced?

One of the arguments always used against us to deny equal marriage, was that we jumped from relationship to relationship, and didn't want/need marriage...have you found yourselves taking relationships more seriously since marriage equality passed?
Interesting questions, I hope someone steps up and answers!

Albert Einstein
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 07:49 PM   #145
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Thanked 9,726 Times in 1,613 Posts
imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

Me. I said I would NEVER get married. I didn't see the point of it. I said that right from the age of 14, up until I was 40. I didn't know that one day I would be in the UK getting married to a dutch woman in Amsterdam. Try jumping through the paperwork for that. It took us one and half years of solid admin chasing to be able to get the paperwork done for it. The dutch are some of the most officious people on the planet and they want 16 types of proof for everything signed and stamped in five copies from the highest government official possible. Canada doesn't do that kind of thing. They are more shrug your shoulders and say sure, whatever. Try getting those two systems to talk to each other.

But after I got married I totally "got" it. It's not two people living some prescribed life as other think they should, adhering to rules set out for them. It's not chaining yourself to something.

I didn't marry inks because it was expected of me as a normative. If fact, most of my friends "don't belive in marriage" and therefore didn't want to come. I had three friends at my wedding. That's it. No family. They couldn't afford to get there.

The dutch were great though. They helped me celebrate with no preconceived ideas about how inks and should do anything. I realised that married, my marriage, was up to ME to define. To have in any bloody way I and my partner fucking felt like.

Maybe it's because I've studied anthropology so I understand that marraige has meant vastly different things to different groups of people. People always think marriage is actually the way the gentry in Western Europe did it, the values and such around it. Poor people didn't get married that way. They just said "you wanna be my wife?" She said "yes" and that was it, you were married. And you *could* get a divorce. But the gentry couldnt. Rich people married for business transactions. So it was a contract you couldn't get out of. It wasn't about love. It was about money.

I've studied the history of Western European marriage as well. When it all started, in the UK anyway, round the 1600s. The actual ceremony I mean. It's because of the fear of catholosim and a way for the churches to make a bit of dosh.

Anyway, people have been changing and redefining marriage for thousands of years. So I get to make the rules for my own relationship.

So we did. We had our own agreements, our own ceremony and our own desires of what kind of life each of us wanted.

I didn't understand that you could have that kind of independence in marraige as long as that's what you both wanted. It's finding someone that wants the same thing. And that *is* the whole point of any commitment, regardless of civil marraige or not.

When my mom got partnered again, domestic partnership from living together for two years, he and she both went to lawyers and drew up documents that kept absolutely everything seperate. My step dad was never a dad to me, more like an uncle. Mom was the boss of her home. He was the boss of his. He never interfered with her decisions around money, kids or health. They still had a legal and biding relationship in the eyes of the law. They declared they were living together on their taxes for two years (even though it was just part time).

So no ceremony, but still a legal and binding contract. Dissolvable by declaring separation of one year. Which was no different than my divorce. The only difference was I called my partner "wife" and she called her partner "domestic partner" on forms.

Last edited by imperfect_cupcake; 09-21-2015 at 07:53 PM.
imperfect_cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2015, 05:53 PM   #146
Jane Bond
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
I look in the mirror and it's me
Preferred Pronoun?:
she her
Relationship Status:
alert

Jane Bond Has the BEST ReputationJane Bond Has the BEST ReputationJane Bond Has the BEST ReputationJane Bond Has the BEST ReputationJane Bond Has the BEST ReputationJane Bond Has the BEST ReputationJane Bond Has the BEST ReputationJane Bond Has the BEST ReputationJane Bond Has the BEST ReputationJane Bond Has the BEST ReputationJane Bond Has the BEST Reputation
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orema View Post
I'm not getting married again. I was married to a man for a very long time and lived with a woman for a number of years and I don't want those kinds of relationships again.

Living on opposite sides of the park, lake or city is what I want, or even different cities would work for me. Spend a few days at her place, a few at mine, then off on our own. I like exclusive and monogamous relationships, but I need my own space and want time on my own.
I always thought a duplex with a shared back yard would be a great solution.
Jane Bond is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jane Bond For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2015, 06:22 PM   #147
fever

How Do You Identify?:
stonefemme
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,280 Times in 357 Posts
fever Has the BEST Reputationfever Has the BEST Reputationfever Has the BEST Reputationfever Has the BEST Reputationfever Has the BEST Reputationfever Has the BEST Reputationfever Has the BEST Reputationfever Has the BEST Reputationfever Has the BEST Reputationfever Has the BEST Reputationfever Has the BEST Reputation
Default I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane Bond View Post
I always thought a duplex with a shared back yard would be a great solution.
This is a particularly good idea if your partner doesn't care much for children, and you have 4 grandchildren. Yes, I am about to become a grandma again and loving it!!!!!
fever is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to fever For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2015, 06:37 PM   #148
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,797 Times in 3,940 Posts
Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

Part of me would like to get married, but the other part of me would like to have a solid relationship with us each having our own home near one another. Seeing as I am single, I don't have to listen to either part! Lol!
“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2015, 07:08 PM   #149
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

Why couldn't you get married *and* live in different places?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2015, 08:37 PM   #150
CherryWine

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian femme

Thanked 10,084 Times in 2,186 Posts
CherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST Reputation

I honestly don't know if marriage is for me or not. It's never really been a long-term goal. Not that it's out of the question, but I feel like I will know when I meet the right woman. That hasn't happened yet, but I'm still elated by the fact that we can get married in Mississippi or anywhere else in the country should we so choose.
CherryWine is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to CherryWine For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2015, 08:43 PM   #151
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,797 Times in 3,940 Posts
Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by imperfect_cupcake View Post
Why couldn't you get married *and* live in different places?
If you are asking me, I could do both. Of course, mine would not be the only vote and I have not met many women who feel this same way. I would not have wanted to do this 10 years ago, but now it seems like the most sane way of being in a relationship, for me at least.
“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2015, 09:42 PM   #152
ProfPacker

How Do You Identify?:
butch/MOC
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy/hym/hys but in circumstances like work and some other places she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 4,816 Times in 1,187 Posts
ProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST Reputation

I am beginning to think that having separate places might be the way to go for me. I was in a ltr (civil union) for 34 years. It doesn't hold the same allure for me anymore. I like having my own space and people and interests and then have a companion (with sex) to have special times with.
ProfPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ProfPacker For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2015, 10:21 PM   #153
Angeltoes

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Nunya

Thanked 5,525 Times in 1,386 Posts
Angeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST Reputation

I don't have any interest in a legal marriage. I don't care if the state approves or not. It's just a bunch of paperwork to me. Commitment ceremonies are nice. If I ever got that serious with someone, then I'd probably want to live together. I need space and alone time too, but it' nice to have your partner in the same house, I guess.
Angeltoes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Angeltoes For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2015, 01:45 AM   #154
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Oh I dunno, I think there are lots of us out there that don't m see sharing household drudgery as something romantic or condusive to having a meaningful connection to others.
Frankly, I find it *hinders* intimacy. And the more I feel like someone's house maid or mother, the less sexual attraction I have for them. I find domesticity *kills* my high sex drive. Dead.
I find that when I actually talk to someone about this, they tend to provisionally agree. And if someone whines that they want a woman to look after them, I am NOT the girl for them anyway. I love spoiling someone. As a divine and wonderful guest. Not as a responsibility and job. And I want the same back. I would be very happy with a marriage that respected my independence. I would fall even more madly and deeply with a person who did.
So I think there with people out there that it could work with. If they are looking to raise a family of kids or dogs or farm animals with, I'm just never going to be that girl anyway. So... Let's go traveling to Sarawak on Borneo instead. You know?

Last edited by imperfect_cupcake; 11-10-2015 at 01:54 AM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2015, 10:22 AM   #155
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,262 Times in 4,347 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

I've seen a lot of this world but somehow missed Sarawak. You're on.
C0LLETTE is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2015, 11:06 AM   #156
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 22,783 Times in 4,469 Posts
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

When I was younger I was in a 13 year relationship. We never had a commitment ceremony and didn't believe in marriage. I thought it was just something for heterosexuals. The fact that it could be legal someday was such a remote possibility back then, so it just didn't seem like anything I would ever experience in my lifetime.

I certainly have changed my views because now I absolutely want to get married and have that special bond and also the legal protections that go along with it for myself and partner. I absolutely want to live together. Living apart and married would definitely not be something for me. I want to share our daily lives together and I really love doing little things like going to the grocery store together or putting clean sheets on the bed and things like that. I'm not very domestic on my own, but I do enjoy sharing those things with a partner. So yes I absolutely want to get married and share our day to day lives side by side.

- Rainer Maria Rilke
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2015, 11:52 AM   #157
gotoseagrl

How Do You Identify?:
old-fashioned queer stone submissive girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
mermaid, *very* lucky babygirl
Relationship Status:
Saltwater mermaid ♡

Thanked 6,112 Times in 1,726 Posts
gotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputation

Much like having children, which I don't have, I think marriage is beautifully symbolic of the deep, multifaceted connection a relationship can have. There are many ways you can belong to someone, but I've always viewed marriage as the ultimate intimacy. Something to be earned. So sacred that I've been saving it for the right person, because I've always known it would only happen once in my lifetime.

gotoseagrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to gotoseagrl For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2015, 12:28 PM   #158
Nattih

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Nattih Has the BEST ReputationNattih Has the BEST ReputationNattih Has the BEST ReputationNattih Has the BEST ReputationNattih Has the BEST ReputationNattih Has the BEST ReputationNattih Has the BEST ReputationNattih Has the BEST ReputationNattih Has the BEST ReputationNattih Has the BEST ReputationNattih Has the BEST Reputation

Yes it is. I want your regular, average, traditional, get married, live together forever, have kids, get on each others nerves but deal with it, crazy about one another marriage.

Its never something I even considered being "non traditional" about just because I'm gay.
Nattih is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Nattih For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2015, 12:34 PM   #159
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,958 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Marriage definitely means different things to different people...I watched my own parents drift slowly apart until there was no longer a core of "we" in my family, and they divorced when I was 15 years old.

I work HARD every single day at making my marriage a living and breathing thing...if someone tells you they don't argue and things are lovely, then when the really horrible things happen, how do they suddenly do hard and crappy? I have seen my Kasey at her rock bottom worst, and she has seen the same in me...but the little things like waiting out in the parking lot at the grocery store so she can load the groceries, or my putting a blanket around her shoulders when she is too busy at work to get one herself...those intimate things we do because we love and support one and other, (for us) those things can't be done from 2 separate houses across town from each other.

When she shows me some stupid FB picture of a hedgehog in a tux while we sit and watch a game show, just to see me smile...I know I wouldn't want to miss any part of her life for a few moments of alone time.

But then, I'm a sap
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2015, 12:58 PM   #160
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,870 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Never rush into a marriage either. Take your time to get to truly know one another.

As for me, right now, no to marriage. I'm not ready to truly settle down.
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post: