Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
atypical
Preferred Pronoun?:
plague words and phrases
Relationship Status:
love wise guys of the avian world

Thanked 3,294 Times in 1,301 Posts
violaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputation
Default soundtracks-

instantly i become aware of them. here is a link to find soundtracks, and a few of my favourite films:

http://www.soundtrack.net/albums/database/?id=1255

wings of desire

winter sleepers

control: the ian curtis film

elling

the butcher boy

million dollar hotel

sid & nancy

lars and the real girl

purple rain

mozart and the whale

snow cake

wedding singer

violaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 07:01 PM   #142
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,647 Times in 1,293 Posts
Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

I may have mentioned that the bulk of my collection is swing, jump blues and jazz.
My favorite band from the 40s (or one of them) is Charlie Barnet who played sax. There's hardly a piece of his that I don't like.
Favorite trumpet player: Harry James, hands down

I'm a brass fan, can ya tell?
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 10:18 PM   #143
WILDCAT

How Do You Identify?:
Very PROUD BUTCH LESBIAN!

WILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST Reputation
Default A little interesting to me...

After the Beatles split up there was so much written about them, and their relationships with each other. Many felt that Paul was more than "just hurt" John moved on, that he in fact loved him deeply. I always thought this song, which is post Beatles by Paul was "to John", as well as other songs I heard of his throughout the years - and one really intense song that I can't think of right now - post John's death (where he does sing about loving him and states as much, that he wrote it for John).

We do know that Brian Esptein, the manager of the Beatles was gay, and loved JOHN - in fact there is a good chance that they were "intimate" with each other - which is pretty special actually I think, before Brian ended up committing suicide later. (A decent bit of material was in fact written suggesting that and not disputed by John, that I can recall).

Anyway, I just thought of this song, looked it up and the intro is: Message to John Lennon - from Paul. Now, I don't know if Paul wrote this "message" here, or someone else computer made this photo/dedication. Pretty song though - from the mid-70's I believe. (Like Paul's third or fourth solo album - I think...?) Anyway, this is posted as a Beatles song, which is incorrect (above the URL), so I think someone internet posted/wrote this dedication - so perhaps I was not the only one who felt this song was personal from Paul, to John way back then. (Or, maybe Paul DID admit it at some point, later and I missed it!) Ahhh, sigh... classic love stories never truly, fully quite revealed - makes me wonder as a hopeless romantic.

(Don't mind me, just having a conversation with myself here now about this. LOL. Hope someone enjoys a little Beatle trivia.)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vlH3F0NJdk"]YouTube- Paul McCartney - Little lamb dragonfly[/ame]

*Sad, only two Beatles left...

WILDCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 10:50 PM   #144
WILDCAT

How Do You Identify?:

WILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST Reputation
Default How fun...

I love this woman. She is fucking crazy nuts fun!! (I think this song is #1 now, so... don't know how long it will last here - before it get's yanked off the net.)

TICK TOCK: BY KESHA!!

http://smashbeats.com/v284752/youtub...al_music_video

*Good get up and dance shit! Woo-hooo!!!!!!

Old 01-13-2010, 11:52 PM   #145
WILDCAT

How Do You Identify?:

Default Beautiful Boy

One of the most pretty John Lennon songs:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5BBEOjUKrI"]YouTube- John Lennon - Beautiful Boy.flv[/ame]

Most folks know that John hung up public performing and recording for five years to raise his son Sean, (while Yoko ran the "corporation"). They had so much trouble having a baby together... so John stayed at home and was Mr. Mom and baked, etc...

Then he came out with the album after this time, where he was shot right after it's release.

It was so very messed up.

He wrote and sang this song for Sean - it was a lullaby. (Later in a public appearance he dedicated the song openly to both Sean and his son Julian - from his first marriage, whom he had not spent enough time with him or had gotten to know throughout the years. They kind of had just reconnected better right before John was shot.)

*My favorite line in this song:

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans..."

Keep the peace... you never know what can happen.

Old 01-14-2010, 12:35 AM   #146
WILDCAT

How Do You Identify?:

Default I confess!

I have been in love with Dusty Springfield FOREVER!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XQon5NsYVw"]YouTube- Dusty Springfield - I Only Want To Be With You[/ame]

She did the big band sound in the late 50's and early 60's. I loved her voice. Actually, I play this song on the guitar. AND, ironically the first ever "official lesbian" album - which was by Alix Dobkin... Alex recorded this song on.

AND... why is that ironic, you ask? Well, because you all KNOW that Dusty finally admitted that she loved women, right? She lived most of her life in England. I wonder WHO the lucky lady - or butch was!!! (Or women...?)

I was very saddened when I heard that we had lost Dusty.

___

OK, another trivia question: What WAS the title of the very first recognized lesbian recorded album? (i.e. Women singing love songs to women - no hiding here!) This is an easy find. I'm just curious to see if anyone cares to look it up! WINK...
Old 01-14-2010, 01:56 AM   #147
WILDCAT

How Do You Identify?:

Default Will you still love me...

...tomorrow?

Dusty:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yLrSVD6380"]YouTube- Dusty Springfield - Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow[/ame]

Amy Whinehouse:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwN806lLKZQ"]YouTube- Amy Winehouse - Will you still love me tomorrow[/ame]

Old 01-14-2010, 02:45 AM   #148
WILDCAT

How Do You Identify?:

Default Kate Bush...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHIWyj2Bsa8"]YouTube- Kate Bush - And Dream Of Sheep[/ame]

Let me be weak,
let me sleep,
and dream of sheep.

__

Goodnight and good day!

WILDCAT
The Following User Says Thank You to WILDCAT For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2010, 03:16 AM   #149
Selenay

How Do You Identify?:
A soul for a compass and a heart for a pair of wings.
Preferred Pronoun?:
All I ask of living is to have no chains on me.
Relationship Status:
All I own are the strides I spend to the finish line.

1 Highscore

Thanked 1,449 Times in 369 Posts
Selenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST Reputation

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HN96-pHFlsM"]YouTube- CELINE DION "BEAUTIFUL BOY"[/ame]

Out on the ocean, sailing away
I can hardly wait
To see you come of age.
But I guess we'll both just have to be patient
Cause it's a long way to go;
A hard row to hoe
Yes, it's a long way to go,
But in the meantime...
Selenay is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Selenay For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2010, 03:22 AM   #150
Selenay

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Selenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST Reputation

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mq86e4Fhja0"]YouTube- India.Arie - Video[/ame]

Sometimes I shave my legs and sometimes I don't
Sometimes I comb my hair and sometimes I won't
Depend on how the wind blows I might even paint my toes
It really just depends on whatever feels good
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Selenay For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2010, 03:30 AM   #151
Selenay

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Wildcat, was it, perhaps Lavender Jane Loves Women (1973)
Old 01-14-2010, 08:34 AM   #152
suebee

How Do You Identify?:
TOWANDA!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Queen Bee
Relationship Status:
Good 'n married.

1 Highscore

Location: Eastern Canada. But if I make a wrong turn at the lights I get stopped by a border guard.
Thanked 2,759 Times in 820 Posts
suebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputation
Default Rest in peace Teddy.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCVRE6qXdwU&feature=related"]YouTube- WHEN SOMEBODY LOVES YOU BACK - Teddy Pendergrass[/ame]
Old 01-14-2010, 08:49 AM   #153
canmarielan

How Do You Identify?:
Loud mouth, big hair, spunky Texas Femme lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
It's a SHE!!!!
Relationship Status:
PKCL0204

Thanked 1,134 Times in 326 Posts
canmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputation

I've recently fallen in love with

The Cliks.

The lead singer is a transguy and the whole band is queer.

They're awesome.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jW4m0wOl4-M"]YouTube- The Cliks "Complicated" Video[/ame]
canmarielan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to canmarielan For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2010, 12:03 PM   #154
WILDCAT

How Do You Identify?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selenay View Post
Wildcat, was it, perhaps Lavender Jane Loves Women (1973)

YEP!! You got that right, Sis! Thank you...

*Bonus question: What other two very well "out" women at this historical time/happening, were on the back of that album jacket cover - who both went on to solo artist recording womyn's (as it was referred to at that time) music as well.

Plus, IF you can post that darn photo (of the three women) Selenay you get a FLOWER from me! I don't know how to do that... I have that album, here somewhere too.
Old 01-14-2010, 07:33 PM   #155
WILDCAT

How Do You Identify?:

Default Some folks...

... just AGE so damn well!!

Wild this first clip is from BING CROSBY show from 1977, and then (if accurate) this follow-up from 2002, of the same song! Dag!!

The wonderful thing to me about Bowie, IS... well, I was in high school when his first hits came out, and the straight boys loved him - even though he was wearing make up and so adrogynous looking, and "moving" unlike the traditional male rocker or pop artist (yes, whatever that means?), etc...

AND, in a little Peyton Place like town. I was impressed!

Little Richard also wore the make-up and was WILDLY ahead of his time, as I feel the original one for being daring this way... back in the 50's!

And then we heard, of course, that Jagger and Bowie slept together. Yes, the times, they were a changin'... (I'm not stating this as FACT, no one get upset please... but, this is pretty well documented that they were caught together in bed by one of their girlfriends at the time. Cool.)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejJmZHRIzhY"]YouTube- David Bowie - Rare "Heroes" 1977 Bing Crosby Special[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXzyobIKZBE"]YouTube- David Bowie - Heroes (live)[/ame]

Thank you David!! And how 'bout Bing here? I hope he didn't go home and smack his son around after this episode. (Remember, we heard from the son that "Dad" was a bit heavy handed - after our fond memories of "White Christmas" and all... Kind of like Mommie Dearest I guess.)

Old 01-14-2010, 07:38 PM   #156
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDCAT View Post

AND, in a little Peyton Place like town....
The theme to the film (Peyton Place) is gorgeous. I have 80 years of music and that's one of them from collection my film themes and music 1930-1970s
Old 01-14-2010, 07:48 PM   #157
WILDCAT

How Do You Identify?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' Jet View Post
The theme to the film (Peyton Place) is gorgeous. I have 80 years of music and that's one of them from collection my film themes and music 1930-1970s
It IS a beautiful song, I agree! Post it here Jet... if you are able or want to.

It is such a good classic movie too!

PEACE
Old 01-14-2010, 07:58 PM   #158
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDCAT View Post
It IS a beautiful song, I agree! Post it here Jet... if you are able or want to.

It is such a good classic movie too!

PEACE
The version I have by the Prague Philharmonic isn't available on YouTube. I did find this version as a score to shots of Maine. It's beautiful, but just a little slower and takes a bit longer to get into the melody.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcjTZHLRZoc"]YouTube- Scenes of Maine[/ame]
The Following User Says Thank You to Jet For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2010, 09:05 PM   #159
WILDCAT

How Do You Identify?:

Default I think...

... this is one of my favorite Bowie songs. I just think it's beautiful... although obviously political.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrERLeFseDA"]YouTube- David Bowie - China Girl[/ame]

However, I feel this is one of the most politically important songs of his... initially - that captivated the general masses:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVYbwpe99MM"]YouTube- David Bowie Changes[/ame]

(BUT THEN, REBEL REBEL is very relevant too, as he sings, your mother is "not sure if you're a girl or a boy"! I love that!! (My mother certainly wasn't sure!)
__

And then... I like this song - not sure totally why... I think that David used stage presence brilliantly from the "get-go" of his career, and then when MTV and VH1 came along - he really took off so well with it! It showed such a different part of the artist for some music performers. (Remember the "early" MTV videos were just the band standing there and performing. Now, we got to see what "they" meant by their song... or wanted us to think anyway.)

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTYvjrM6djo"]YouTube- David Bowie - Blue Jean[/nomedia]

*OK, goodnight David Bowie. Again, thank you. And sorry, TOO many good songs of yours to post here! Space Oddity, stunningly excellent!! Oh, hell, let me add that too!! WAY ahead of it's time!! (IMHO)

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhSYbRiYwTY"]YouTube- David Bowie's "Space Oddity"[/nomedia]

(OK, and another version of David's with this song - way before MTV even began... for the curious and artistic/musically historical of minds.)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D67kmFzSh_o"]YouTube- David Bowie- Space Oddity Original Video (1969)[/ame]

This last song is 1969 folks! Amazing to me.

Wildcat
Old 01-14-2010, 09:37 PM   #160
canmarielan

How Do You Identify?:
Loud mouth, big hair, spunky Texas Femme lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
It's a SHE!!!!
Relationship Status:
PKCL0204

Thanked 1,134 Times in 326 Posts
canmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputation

She's an amazing beauty.

And an amazing singer.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0T3WAbU6tg"]YouTube- Kelly Clarkson - Already Gone[/ame]
canmarielan is offline   Reply With Quote