Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 07-12-2014, 05:02 AM   #1621
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,770 Times in 25,661 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelt View Post
Well hell, I thought you were talking about going skydiving.
No, that's a little more daring than I feel at this moment in time.

And it's quite a bit higher up in the air.

Harder landing if I fall wrong.

Ouch.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-12-2014, 02:20 PM   #1622
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,378 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Put in a couple of miles this morning but had to haul out early.

Hoping for more tomorrow.

Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 07-12-2014, 03:14 PM   #1623
traumaqueen

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
that grrl
Relationship Status:
happily occupied and awfully engaged.

traumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputation
Default ...ohm... on a lake.

I've been doing yoga for about 5 years now. Totally started because of back pain but kept at it for the attitude adjustment it provides me with. I have to go to classes otherwise I'll totally cheat when I'm on my own... nothing keeps you on track like instructor judgement! This morning, however, my gf and I took it up a notch with "Paddle Board" yoga... I've been seeing these yahoos out on the lake and ponds at the crack of dawn all summer. I had to see what it was all about.

Wow! Totally redefined...if you ever thought yoga was too passive, try doing it on a paddle board! I'm really feeling it this afternoon. It was pretty fun, and actually got the adrenaline going a little bit. Check it out!

http://www.summitdaily.com/exploresu...all&date=today
Old 07-12-2014, 03:40 PM   #1624
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by traumaqueen View Post
I've been doing yoga for about 5 years now. Totally started because of back pain but kept at it for the attitude adjustment it provides me with. I have to go to classes otherwise I'll totally cheat when I'm on my own... nothing keeps you on track like instructor judgement! This morning, however, my gf and I took it up a notch with "Paddle Board" yoga... I've been seeing these yahoos out on the lake and ponds at the crack of dawn all summer. I had to see what it was all about.

Wow! Totally redefined...if you ever thought yoga was too passive, try doing it on a paddle board! I'm really feeling it this afternoon. It was pretty fun, and actually got the adrenaline going a little bit. Check it out!

http://www.summitdaily.com/exploresu...all&date=today
This sounds like a hoot!

I see paddleboarders all the time out here on the bay, but the only things maybe out of the ordinary I see them do is put a dog or a small child on the front for a ride-about.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 07-12-2014, 07:26 PM   #1625
Candelion

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her/you
Relationship Status:
He can till my field.

Thanked 4,035 Times in 897 Posts
Candelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

An 8km run...slacking a bit but i had things to do, people to see.

Candelion is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Candelion For This Useful Post:
Old 07-12-2014, 07:39 PM   #1626
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,738 Times in 5,089 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

I'm in Portland, Oregon for a lesbian fiction writers conference (here to support my boo). The first two days were a fail in the exercise/health department. Today I did well. In between stuff at the conference I went to the hotel gym (an old school tiny gym that worked just fine) and got in:

45 min. stationary bike (random, level 9)
15 min. elliptical (random, level 9)
90 min. treadmill (random, level 9), speed 3.5, incline .5 to 7.1
15 min. weight lifting
15 min. yoga

My ipad had sketchy internet connectivity, so I listened to NPR/This American Life.

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 07-12-2014, 07:48 PM   #1627
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Today was a true quickie.

T33, random program, levels 3-7.

Stats: 160 calories, 1.50 miles, 30 minutes

No intervals. It was just me and the music and a whole lot of thinking and walking going on. The time flew by!

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-12-2014, 07:59 PM   #1628
diamondrose

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,895 Times in 923 Posts
diamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputation

Worked out 1.5 hours at the gym today.
diamondrose is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to diamondrose For This Useful Post:
Old 07-13-2014, 08:20 AM   #1629
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Default WWJ(ennifer)D?

A most excellent workout was had by moi this beautiful morn!

The first hour and fifteen minutes was spent doing the circuit (the top 9 machines in any basic circuit plus an ab machine), plus the recent additions (ab- and adductors, glutes, back extension) plus 4 new machines (Hammer curl abs, fly, calf extension and a seated row kind of thing....will need to see what it's actually called next time). The 'new' machines aren't new to me in general, but I haven't used them at this particular gym.

I popped into the locker room to switch out my gear. Gloves and wrist wrap come off and I pick up my log, cloth and MP3 player. Refresh the water bottle and it's on to the next part.

T33, Random program, levels 3-13

No running intervals. I didn't want to kill myself.

Stats: 421 calories, 3.38 miles, 65 minutes

The last 15 minutes or so on the treadmill annoyed me because someone had perfume on and they put too much of it on, so when they sweated, it became overpowering. Ugh. I hate that. I'm not scent sensitive but if it annoyed me, it would have really bothered someone with sensitivities or allergies.

One of my customers came up and swatted my machine to say hi. We were just talking about the gym yesterday. Funny how that works sometimes.

I'm going to finish my lunch and get into the shower then call my boss about something and then go to my hour long massage. After that, there is an art festival not too far away. I see some wandering in my future.

Hell to the yeah!

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-13-2014, 11:33 AM   #1630
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Member Photo Albums

My eyes are exhausted from just reading that.

Not intimidated at all, nope. Puffs up butch chest...

I walked 2 miles in the sand this morning

Old 07-13-2014, 08:16 PM   #1631
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelt View Post
My eyes are exhausted from just reading that.

Not intimidated at all, nope. Puffs up butch chest...

I walked 2 miles in the sand this morning

lol

It was a very, very good day for me! Atypical and so very appreciated. I feel so strong and accomplished at the end of those workouts.

I didn't get the massage....scheduling snafu on my masseuse's end....but that got rescheduled and I went to the art festival and walked around for a little over 2 hours. I got a bit of a burn too, so tomorrow's an off day for me in order to not make myself cry from tight, spandexy chafing.

There's no crying in working out, after all.

I learned today that I can't just add myself or drop in any of the lessons (not really 'classes' but instructional appointments) that my gym has (arms, legs, chest, etc) without meeting with a trainer first. Fair enough, I suppose. Looks like that will be Wednesday if s/he isn't booked up already since they only have those meetings M-F.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2014, 11:46 AM   #1632
CyberStud
Timed Out - Identity Issues

How Do You Identify?:
Stud_elicious
Relationship Status:
Married to the gym..it's true love <3

Thanked 1,232 Times in 334 Posts
CyberStud Has the BEST ReputationCyberStud Has the BEST ReputationCyberStud Has the BEST ReputationCyberStud Has the BEST ReputationCyberStud Has the BEST ReputationCyberStud Has the BEST ReputationCyberStud Has the BEST ReputationCyberStud Has the BEST ReputationCyberStud Has the BEST ReputationCyberStud Has the BEST ReputationCyberStud Has the BEST Reputation
Default Oohh My Head!!

Nursing a slight hangover today with World Cup Football (Soccer!)celebrations still repeating on my nervous system, suffice to say I did sweet FA (f**k all:US translation) yesterday except jump up and down cheering when I thought a goal was scored. So I decided to take a long walk (3 miles) today in 25c (77f) heat (British record), I think I deserve maybe a small round of applause (made quietly!) for effort made in adverse internal and external conditions.
CyberStud is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CyberStud For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2014, 05:58 PM   #1633
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Appointment made with a trainer! I'm taking tonight off since I'm still nursing my poor toasty skin. If I could bathe in aloe, I would.

But that's enough thread altogether.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2014, 07:42 PM   #1634
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,738 Times in 5,089 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

Day off today. Yesterday I went to the hotel gym before my flight home from Portland. I did a half hour on the treadmill (speed 3.5, Random program- level 9, incline .5 to 7.1), 15 minutes of weight lifting, and 15 minutes of yoga. The hotel gym was a generally empty room in the basement open 24/7, room key operated, and hence it was like a temple, so peaceful. There was an overhead t.v. that played out loud but I turned it off and hid the remote under a pile of towels one day and then, when that was too easy, in the Kleenex box the next day. Some lesbians came in to do their laundry (the laundry room being directly connected to the gym like a suite), and I chatted with them while they waited for their laundry and I was on the treadmill. Actually I had thought they were a couple but it turned out one of them was a lesbian and the other was her straight sister. The straight sister said in her Kentucky accent (me being from Ohio), "What was I going to do when I found out she was a lesbian? Stop spending time with her? I couldn't because I already loved her." Kind of heartwarming, definitely better than watching television.

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2014, 08:37 PM   #1635
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Member Photo Albums

I did a short bit on the beach this morning, maybe 2 miles, and then wandered around for a while barefoot in the tide flats to exercise the little muscles in my feet. I am having troubles in one and have concluded that my right achilles tendon has probably got some micro tears in it. Pretty darn ouchy.

Going to continue too take it easy for a while.

Old 07-15-2014, 05:31 AM   #1636
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Enough = another.

Apparently.

I'll probably do a half hour tonight. We'll see. I might be adventurous and go play on the stair master.

Maybe.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 07-15-2014, 08:09 PM   #1637
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

I did a little more than half an hour!

T33, random program, levels 3-13

Stats: 274 calories, 2.28 miles, 45 minutes

No running intervals.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 07-15-2014, 08:41 PM   #1638
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,438 Times in 6,886 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

I finally got a really good workout in today. First time in the week since the accident. I found that when I pushed too much (like when I mowed the lawn 3 days after) I tended to relapse pain wise. So....I was patient and its paid off....
Old 07-16-2014, 03:13 AM   #1639
CyberStud
Timed Out - Identity Issues

How Do You Identify?:
Stud_elicious
Relationship Status:
Married to the gym..it's true love <3

Thanked 1,232 Times in 334 Posts
CyberStud Has the BEST ReputationCyberStud Has the BEST ReputationCyberStud Has the BEST ReputationCyberStud Has the BEST ReputationCyberStud Has the BEST ReputationCyberStud Has the BEST ReputationCyberStud Has the BEST ReputationCyberStud Has the BEST ReputationCyberStud Has the BEST ReputationCyberStud Has the BEST ReputationCyberStud Has the BEST Reputation
Default Float like a butterfly, Sting like a bee....

Variety being the spice of life and I need some at the moment in my workouts to maintain the fun factor. Going to my first LGBT boxing workout today, 2 hours of various boxing drills. They're called Rainbow boxers so lets hope I see a rainbow at the end of this session rather than stars!
CyberStud is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CyberStud For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2014, 05:15 AM   #1640
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,438 Times in 6,886 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberStud View Post
Variety being the spice of life and I need some at the moment in my workouts to maintain the fun factor. Going to my first LGBT boxing workout today, 2 hours of various boxing drills. They're called Rainbow boxers so lets hope I see a rainbow at the end of this session rather than stars!
I hear you about variety. There are online sites like daily burn that can help with that. Someone in this thread mentioned a site that streams all kinds of different workout videos. My cousin found a 30 day ab challenge on Pinterest (god I heart Pinterest!)
For me, I have all kinds of dvds ranging from yoga to country line dancing to salsa. I like to shake things up!
This morning must be yoga. I need the stretch after not only my workout yesterday but alll the lifting of book filled boxes I did

Tags
exercise, weights