Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Celebrity, Music, Television, Internet Culture

Old 01-02-2013, 02:50 PM   #161
Talon

How Do You Identify?:
Divine Feminine
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 10,230 Times in 3,305 Posts
Talon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by claybaby View Post
you will really enjoy the Gymnast.....she reminds me of you in ways...just from reading of your athleticism (bikes, skiing, horses, hiking, etc)
and absolutely on that Horse...

Really...? Interesting...I do love a good sports film...She better be cool though, buddy..

*chuckle*
Talon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Talon For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2013, 02:57 PM   #162
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,713 Times in 7,724 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon View Post
Really...? Interesting...I do love a good sports film...She better be cool though, buddy..

*chuckle*
Uber so!!!!
Old 01-03-2013, 10:34 AM   #163
Talon

How Do You Identify?:
Divine Feminine
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 10,230 Times in 3,305 Posts
Talon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up

I watched "The Gymnast" last night..and I really liked it. Now I'm interested in that whole ariel gymnastics thing..it's like this cool melding of graceful dance and the strength of gymnastics. And that beautiful song that plays at the end by Jane Seaberry..loved that. Isn't that the same actress that starred in "A Marine Story"?
Talon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Talon For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2013, 05:02 PM   #164
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
I watched "The Gymnast" last night..and I really liked it. Now I'm interested in that whole ariel gymnastics thing..it's like this cool melding of graceful dance and the strength of gymnastics. And that beautiful song that plays at the end by Jane Seaberry..loved that. Isn't that the same actress that starred in "A Marine Story"?
hmmm, I am thinking yes.....
The aerial stunts were incredible. The scene with them in that gossamer type material...OMG...hot!!!
Glad you loved it. Yes, the ending.....fucking incredible....
Old 01-03-2013, 05:10 PM   #165
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,368 Times in 4,171 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I'm glad you like it, Sachita. Actually, I'm not sure if the series did get cancelled...but I do know that there are three seasons, total.
They do have all of the DVD sets on Amazon..and eventually Netflix will have them on instant stream, as well.
No, Lost Girl didn't get cancelled.
Martina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Martina For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2013, 05:15 PM   #166
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

The new season of Lost Girl premieres Monday, January 14th, 10pm on Syfi. No idea when it will get to Neflix. I loved her hot kisses with the doctor. Darn that old girlfriend.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2241054.html
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Martina For This Useful Post:
Old 01-04-2013, 06:51 AM   #167
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martina View Post
The new season of Lost Girl premieres Monday, January 14th, 10pm on Syfi. No idea when it will get to Neflix. I loved her hot kisses with the doctor. Darn that old girlfriend.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2241054.html

awesome! I am hardly ever up at 10PM. I'll see if Syfi offers past episodes online.

It's a little corny, I admit and the girl on girl isnt all that hot but it is network TV. It feels a lot like True Blood which I love. I'm going to have to invest in Tivo I guess!
Old 01-04-2013, 08:37 AM   #168
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachita View Post
It's a little corny, I admit and the girl on girl isnt all that hot but it is network TV.
I am all femme on femme these days so it works for me. The casting of the doc seems good. She looks like a fairly conventional feminine dyke to me. Something about her. Not sure what.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:36 PM   #169
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 26,372 Times in 5,877 Posts
Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation

While Gaige was visiting...I tortured her with some Morgan Spurlock. These are my favorite episodes of "30 Days"...

Life on an Indian Reservation
Minimum Wage
Muslims and America

Off the Grid (featuring The Dancing Rabbit Eco-Village, a group I have been watching from afar, since their inception, with monthly newsletters and direct communication over the years)
Immigration
30 Days in a Wheelchair

Animal Rights (this one made me cry, because of the inclusion of animal abuse)

Also, we watched together:

The Walking Dead
Doctor Who
Catherine Tate

I have also been recently watching:

The Tutors
Downton Abbey
(BBC)
Merlin (BBC)
No Reservations
Doc Martin (BBC)
Sherlock (BBC)

Hollylane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2013, 02:21 PM   #170
QueenofSmirks

How Do You Identify?:
Just Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Busy

1 Highscore

Thanked 2,921 Times in 879 Posts
QueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST Reputation

I watched a movie called "My Normal". It had a good plot idea, but it was choppy, and I think they missed the mark a little bit on the "moral" of the story. Some themes seemed in opposition of each other, and some things that got a lot of attention never proved to be of any significance later. Acting was okay for most characters, there were two standout performers. I give it 2.5 out of 5 stars - kind of interesting, but don't expect any awards.

"There is only one success - to be able to spend your life in your own way." Christopher Morley
QueenofSmirks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to QueenofSmirks For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2013, 08:50 PM   #171
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,542 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I enjoyed "30 days" also.

Now in my queue is 'Foyles War', I'm really enjoying it. Haven't really watched much fiction lately but this series was recommended to me a couple of years back and I'm glad I decided to check it against the 20 minute test. On the 4th episode now.

Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2013, 03:20 PM   #172
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 26,372 Times in 5,877 Posts
Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation

I have become so wrapped up in Downton Abbey, that I am now watching season 2 on Amazon Prime (free with AP), and I've already purchased season 3, which is not available on AP free videos. I believe it has also gone on to season 4. YAY!

I'm going to watch some now (and possibly end up having a siesta )
Hollylane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2013, 03:52 PM   #173
dixie
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
I usually just poke it with a stick.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Bitch
Relationship Status:
Intertwined deeply

Thanked 21,385 Times in 4,808 Posts
dixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputation

Well, I've been through "The IT Crowd" about three times now, and have started on a couple other British comedy series. I've also been watching some very interesting gay/lesbian documentaries. "Small Town Gay Bar" was a really good one. I've discovered that I don't actually watch 'movies' on Netflix lol
dixie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dixie For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2013, 04:15 PM   #174
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixie View Post
Well, I've been through "The IT Crowd" about three times now, and have started on a couple other British comedy series. I've also been watching some very interesting gay/lesbian documentaries. "Small Town Gay Bar" was a really good one. I've discovered that I don't actually watch 'movies' on Netflix lol

You should check out "Shameless"
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2013, 05:30 PM   #175
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixie View Post
hey Dixie...I, too, watched Small Town Gay Bar!
Have you seen the documentary on Chely Wright... My Own Way? She was a C&W singer...after she came out, she has not been invited to perform at any of the awards for C & W music...
If you get a chance, watch The Gymnast, The Marine, Weekend Trip, The Redwoods...to name a few....
Old 02-06-2013, 09:59 AM   #176
Dante

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Butch Top
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hym
Relationship Status:
Single

Dante Has the BEST ReputationDante Has the BEST ReputationDante Has the BEST ReputationDante Has the BEST ReputationDante Has the BEST ReputationDante Has the BEST ReputationDante Has the BEST ReputationDante Has the BEST ReputationDante Has the BEST ReputationDante Has the BEST ReputationDante Has the BEST Reputation

Has anyone seen the series, Breaking Bad? I am going to order it, I think, all 5 or 6 seasons!
Old 02-06-2013, 10:09 AM   #177
Sparkle

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, please
Relationship Status:
Loved Up

Thanked 6,617 Times in 1,559 Posts
Sparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante View Post
Has anyone seen the series, Breaking Bad? I am going to order it, I think, all 5 or 6 seasons!
I've seen a few episodes, it is very well made - but a little too tense for me.

I've been watching the new $100million series of "House of Cards" commissioned by and broadcast exclusively on Netflix.
It is directed by David Fincher and Joel Schumacher and stars Kevin Spacey and Robin Wright - it is REALLY GREAT!!!
Old 02-06-2013, 10:12 AM   #178
Daktari

Breaking Bad is Awesome!! Arrow is good too.

Currently loving Elementary. Modern Sherlock Holmes in 'merica with Jonny Lee Miller (of Trainspotting fame) as Sherlock and Lucy Lui as Dr.Watson.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2013, 10:24 AM   #179
Daktari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkle View Post
I've seen a few episodes, it is very well made - but a little too tense for me.

I've been watching the new $100million series of "House of Cards" commissioned by and broadcast exclusively on Netflix.
It is directed by David Fincher and Joel Schumacher and stars Kevin Spacey and Robin Wright - it is REALLY GREAT!!!

Ya oughta watch the Brit original. It was really good.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2013, 08:02 PM   #180
Sparkle

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, please
Relationship Status:
Loved Up

Thanked 6,617 Times in 1,559 Posts
Sparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daktari View Post

Ya oughta watch the Brit original. It was really good.
I have seen a couple of episodes!

I've recently watched both the Swedish and the UK versions of 'Wallander'.
Have you seen either?

I watched the Swedish version first and loved it.
I was really surprised to discover I enjoyed both (in different ways).
And I no longer think that Kenneth Branagh has become an over-inflated caricature of himself. I actually liked him as Wallander.

Have you seen the Norweigan version of 'The Missing'? A friend of mine, in Blighty, mentioned it. There is an American version I quite liked, I'm told the original version is great. But I can't find it anywhere.