Toughy

How Do You Identify?:
pervert butch feminist woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
see above
Relationship Status:
independent entity

Thanked 7,656 Times in 1,522 Posts
Toughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad View Post
I was browsing a femme lingerie blog post and admiring all the thought put into sleepwear. I started to wonder, if a femme type person dresses up in a silk nightgown or pajamas, just for sleeping, what do they expect a butch type person to wear? She's sleeping in a silk chemise and you're in what? Somehow I don't think old flannel boxers and tattered t-shirts are the thoughtful choice. I can't for the life of me think of anything. Just wondering is all.
The only time I ever wear anything tattered to bed is if I am sleeping alone.

There are tons of sleep pants and pajama sets in all men's departments. If it's just sleep pants then I generally wear an A-shirt with them. (Clean with no stains or holes.) K-Mart, Target have plenty to choose from made from many different kinds of fabric. If you are a softer kind of butch, the women's departments also now carry sleep pants that are not all (for lack of a better term) girly.

My preference is sleeping with nothing on and she has nothing on. The feel of skin to skin contact all night long is unmatched. However the reality of night sweats makes sleeping nekkid with me feel like you are in a hot steamy jungle.
Toughy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Toughy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2011, 12:37 PM   #162
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,940 Times in 3,937 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

The last suit I bought was at Burlington coat factory thats not far from hear,I wanted a nice tux but ended up with a nice black dress suit,the reason was they said nobody had anything to fit me so I ended up with what I got.Im broad shoulderd with arms from weight lifting over the years so to get a coat I need a sise 52 then tailor it down wich works just fine.The problem was the pants wich were HUGE and very LONG.I would like to shop somewhere that really knows how to fit clothes to fit,we use to have a mens whare house but it closed..seems like the places I have looked at have a seemstress to hem pants and raise the sleaves on a shirt if its not to hard..just havent found a real tailor who know what to do.What reall pisses me off is they can fit these big hulking fat guys to a T but couldnt or wouldnt fit me in a suit.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2011, 12:56 PM   #163
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,830 Times in 3,200 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinonahigh View Post
The last suit I bought was at Burlington coat factory thats not far from hear,I wanted a nice tux but ended up with a nice black dress suit,the reason was they said nobody had anything to fit me so I ended up with what I got.Im broad shoulderd with arms from weight lifting over the years so to get a coat I need a sise 52 then tailor it down wich works just fine.The problem was the pants wich were HUGE and very LONG.I would like to shop somewhere that really knows how to fit clothes to fit,we use to have a mens whare house but it closed..seems like the places I have looked at have a seemstress to hem pants and raise the sleaves on a shirt if its not to hard..just havent found a real tailor who know what to do.What reall pisses me off is they can fit these big hulking fat guys to a T but couldnt or wouldnt fit me in a suit.
Yes, "real" tailors are few and far between these days. Lost art. I found a great alteration shop- that is all they do, but it is expensive to get this work done. I only use them for formal wear and higher end coats, etc. I try to stick to classic styles and good fabrics (which really has a lot to do with how things fit- not just tailoring). I want to get some value.

I agree, most places really only offer hemming!
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2011, 02:26 PM   #164
PumaJ

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Queer Feminist
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her

PumaJ Has the BEST ReputationPumaJ Has the BEST ReputationPumaJ Has the BEST ReputationPumaJ Has the BEST ReputationPumaJ Has the BEST ReputationPumaJ Has the BEST ReputationPumaJ Has the BEST ReputationPumaJ Has the BEST ReputationPumaJ Has the BEST ReputationPumaJ Has the BEST ReputationPumaJ Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Just want to say that one of my greatest pleasures has always been to go clothes shopping with the Butch in my life. Usually, I would only get to go along if something special and kind of fancy or dress up was needed, but oh my did I love to help my Butch look fly:-)

In that same spirit, I did a bit of searching last night and found a couple of sites that may or may not be helpful. IDK, really. But you can check them out. If they work for you, great If not,

How to Size Men's Clothes to Fit Women

DITC Shop

Living here in the Portland, OR area made shopping for men's clothes for a Butch fairly painless. Especially in Nordstrom and the mens clothing boutique, Mario's. First of all there wasn't any negative attitude. Second, both stores could tailor the suits, slacks and jackets to fit. I'm sure Portland has more venues now. I haven't been out shopping with any Butches in a long time.

One of my exes is a very dapper dresser and may have some good ideas to share. You can find her here, on FB.

Hugs to all of you handsome Butches and
Old 03-26-2011, 06:22 PM   #165
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by PumaJ View Post
Just want to say that one of my greatest pleasures has always been to go clothes shopping with the Butch in my life. Usually, I would only get to go along if something special and kind of fancy or dress up was needed, but oh my did I love to help my Butch look fly:-)

In that same spirit, I did a bit of searching last night and found a couple of sites that may or may not be helpful. IDK, really. But you can check them out. If they work for you, great If not,

How to Size Men's Clothes to Fit Women

DITC Shop

Living here in the Portland, OR area made shopping for men's clothes for a Butch fairly painless. Especially in Nordstrom and the mens clothing boutique, Mario's. First of all there wasn't any negative attitude. Second, both stores could tailor the suits, slacks and jackets to fit. I'm sure Portland has more venues now. I haven't been out shopping with any Butches in a long time.

One of my exes is a very dapper dresser and may have some good ideas to share. You can find her here, on FB.

Hugs to all of you handsome Butches and
Hey, thanks!!

Was just thinking about how I always enjoy a femme's input with clothes. This is especially true with shopping for suits or formal wear and getting measured and dealing with alterations. Frankly, it can really make a difference if there are assbites working in the store that have trouble with a butch customer buying men's clothes. A good support, I have experienced.

Plus, my femme friends (and late partner) can help me out with fabrics and colors, fabric weight and how they fall on my body as well as how many buttons looks best on a jacket (again on my body). Stuff like figuring out side or rear vents, cuffs or no cuffs on the pants- pleats, etc. gets crazy and I always do a lot better (and stay calmer) when a femme is along. Plus, it's fun! I used to love to go with my partner shopping quite a bit, too. LOL, we made Victoria's dates!!

I feel capable to do this on my own, but, the snark factor aimed at butches sometimes during this experience can really just make me pick something quickly and get out of there. Femmes can be really good at deflecting this stuff. Femmes, RAWK!
I appreciate your post!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 03-27-2011, 11:16 AM   #166
PumaJ

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Queer Feminist
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her

PumaJ Has the BEST ReputationPumaJ Has the BEST ReputationPumaJ Has the BEST ReputationPumaJ Has the BEST ReputationPumaJ Has the BEST ReputationPumaJ Has the BEST ReputationPumaJ Has the BEST ReputationPumaJ Has the BEST ReputationPumaJ Has the BEST ReputationPumaJ Has the BEST ReputationPumaJ Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Plus, my femme friends (and late partner) can help me out with fabrics and colors, fabric weight and how they fall on my body as well as how many buttons looks best on a jacket (again on my body). Stuff like figuring out side or rear vents, cuffs or no cuffs on the pants- pleats, etc. gets crazy and I always do a lot better (and stay calmer) when a femme is along.
You know, I've never consciously thought about stuff like colors, type of fabric, fabric weight and fall, or side vs. rear vents, etc., when I've been out shopping with any of the Butches I've been with. However, now when I think back, I realize that I've always paid attention to such details when choosing my own clothes and when I've helped someone else choose clothes. Guess it just comes automatically. I appreciate that you've named all of those considerations.
Old 04-17-2011, 06:56 PM   #167
Luckydwg07

How Do You Identify?:
Yes Ma'am! Butchiness- hard shell candy with a soft center
Relationship Status:
I've bee found-Life has new meaning to me

Luckydwg07 Has the BEST ReputationLuckydwg07 Has the BEST ReputationLuckydwg07 Has the BEST ReputationLuckydwg07 Has the BEST ReputationLuckydwg07 Has the BEST ReputationLuckydwg07 Has the BEST ReputationLuckydwg07 Has the BEST ReputationLuckydwg07 Has the BEST ReputationLuckydwg07 Has the BEST ReputationLuckydwg07 Has the BEST ReputationLuckydwg07 Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up cause ya gotta have friends!

I have a wedding to go to and need to get a suit. I do have a femme friend to help me but I also have gay male friends that are ready to take on the task to get me in the stores & out. I may get a little input but I really just play manequin & they do thier magic. Scott saids to me if he can dress a room he can dress me. I love that guy!!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Luckydwg07 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2011, 12:49 AM   #168
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckydwg07 View Post
I have a wedding to go to and need to get a suit. I do have a femme friend to help me but I also have gay male friends that are ready to take on the task to get me in the stores & out. I may get a little input but I really just play manequin & they do thier magic. Scott saids to me if he can dress a room he can dress me. I love that guy!!
And you are going to look fantastic! Scott sounds terrific! I so believe in taking along friends (femmes and gay guys sound perfect) when I need to buy a suit/tux (something for special times and that costs more than my usual attire budgeting). There are so many aspects I may not be taking note of while trying on a suit. Also, I have to admit that even when shopping in the Castro in a men's store, I still get a bit anxious and having consultants along is really helpful.

Yup, you are going to look great, plus have a suit that you will be able to wear for a long time!
The Following User Says Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2011, 08:13 AM   #169
Luckydwg07

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:

Luckydwg07 Has the BEST ReputationLuckydwg07 Has the BEST ReputationLuckydwg07 Has the BEST ReputationLuckydwg07 Has the BEST ReputationLuckydwg07 Has the BEST ReputationLuckydwg07 Has the BEST ReputationLuckydwg07 Has the BEST ReputationLuckydwg07 Has the BEST ReputationLuckydwg07 Has the BEST ReputationLuckydwg07 Has the BEST ReputationLuckydwg07 Has the BEST Reputation
Default Thanks Atlast

You know I'd be still looking at racks of suits at the 11th hour if I was by myself. I don't mind stores not being hospitable to me when I shop in a men's store. My money is as green as the next person's- Thats how I look at it. but of course there is the lack of help that can tag along with "attitude". Having it fitted properly will be necessary I'm guessing. I'll be in northern NJ shopping so it won't be too bad =0). Thanks for the positive reinforcement!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Luckydwg07 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2011, 04:46 PM   #170
Jaques

How Do You Identify?:
male/TG

Jaques Has the BEST ReputationJaques Has the BEST ReputationJaques Has the BEST ReputationJaques Has the BEST ReputationJaques Has the BEST ReputationJaques Has the BEST ReputationJaques Has the BEST ReputationJaques Has the BEST ReputationJaques Has the BEST ReputationJaques Has the BEST ReputationJaques Has the BEST Reputation

Well heres some butch fashion from the past at monas bar, sanfransisco in the l940's........http://

and...................http://

http://
Jaques is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Jaques For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2011, 05:27 PM   #171
Jaques

How Do You Identify?:
male/TG

Jaques Has the BEST ReputationJaques Has the BEST ReputationJaques Has the BEST ReputationJaques Has the BEST ReputationJaques Has the BEST ReputationJaques Has the BEST ReputationJaques Has the BEST ReputationJaques Has the BEST ReputationJaques Has the BEST ReputationJaques Has the BEST ReputationJaques Has the BEST Reputation

Then there are the famous Japanese Takarazuka, performing since l913, this was in the 30's, maybe not butch attire, but certainly these women were dressing as men.........so early dragkings/male impersonators..........
Jaques is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jaques For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2011, 10:30 AM   #172
Toughy

How Do You Identify?:
pervert butch feminist woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
see above
Relationship Status:
independent entity

Thanked 7,656 Times in 1,522 Posts
Toughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaques View Post
Then there are the famous Japanese Takarazuka, performing since l913, this was in the 30's, maybe not butch attire, but certainly these women were dressing as men.........so early dragkings/male impersonators..........

I would not call them drag kings/male impersonators found in the GLBTQI culture. This group did western style broadway musicals as a tourist attraction at a resort area in Japan with an all female troupe.
Toughy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Toughy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2011, 12:23 PM   #173
Luckydwg07

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaques View Post
Well heres some butch fashion from the past at monas bar, sanfransisco in the l940's........http://

and...................http://

Love-love these pictures thanks!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Luckydwg07 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2011, 05:51 PM   #174
Luckydwg07

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toughy View Post
I would not call them drag kings/male impersonators found in the GLBTQI culture. This group did western style broadway musicals as a tourist attraction at a resort area in Japan with an all female troupe.
I don't know but looks to me that the drag king front row from the right seems to be enjoying her penquin suit
The Following User Says Thank You to Luckydwg07 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-24-2011, 10:28 AM   #175
redrose

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
at peace

redrose Has the BEST Reputationredrose Has the BEST Reputationredrose Has the BEST Reputationredrose Has the BEST Reputationredrose Has the BEST Reputationredrose Has the BEST Reputationredrose Has the BEST Reputationredrose Has the BEST Reputationredrose Has the BEST Reputationredrose Has the BEST Reputationredrose Has the BEST Reputation

I am femme ...
am attracted to butches who wear simple shirts and jeans ... just sayin

http://youtu.be/N0SgLJEtaok
redrose is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to redrose For This Useful Post:
Old 04-24-2011, 02:13 PM   #176
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrose View Post
I am femme ...
am attracted to butches who wear simple shirts and jeans ... just sayin
Exactly what I wear as everyday attire! 501's rule!!!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 04-24-2011, 04:07 PM   #177
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,890 Times in 5,770 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtLastHome View Post
Exactly what I wear as everyday attire! 501's rule!!!

Button fly 501's are my jean of choice, too!

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-24-2011, 04:19 PM   #178
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
Button fly 501's are my jean of choice, too!
YUP! They just always feel like home... Geez- I remember paying less than $6 for them at one time!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2011, 03:48 PM   #179
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,890 Times in 5,770 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation
Default Sleeveless T-Shirts

I love wearing sleeveless t-shirts for things like working in the yard, washing the car, the beach, etc. However, I am not so fond of the large arms holes that men's sleeveless t-shirts have.

Many years ago I found a solution to this....the boys section!

I have found that a boys XL is comparable to a men's Medium. However, they have smaller arm holes so that anything that you may be wearing under your shirt (binder, bra), cannot be seen.

Sometimes it can be difficult to find shirts that don't have juvenile sayings on them, but every once in a while you can find some plain ones with a simple Nike swoosh.

So, today was my yearly hunt for cheap nike/champion/whatever sleeveless t-shirts for the summer. I was successful! 4 shirts for around $60!

So, if you love sleeveless shirts but find the large arm holes to be in poor taste, hit the boys section of your local department store!

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2011, 04:17 PM   #180
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
I love wearing sleeveless t-shirts for things like working in the yard, washing the car, the beach, etc. However, I am not so fond of the large arms holes that men's sleeveless t-shirts have.

Many years ago I found a solution to this....the boys section!

I have found that a boys XL is comparable to a men's Medium. However, they have smaller arm holes so that anything that you may be wearing under your shirt (binder, bra), cannot be seen.

Sometimes it can be difficult to find shirts that don't have juvenile sayings on them, but every once in a while you can find some plain ones with a simple Nike swoosh.

So, today was my yearly hunt for cheap nike/champion/whatever sleeveless t-shirts for the summer. I was successful! 4 shirts for around $60!

So, if you love sleeveless shirts but find the large arm holes to be in poor taste, hit the boys section of your local department store!
Good idea! I hate the huge arm holes on the regular men's. Just looks sloppy to me. But, that's just me, for me. It is hard to find cheap T's etc. to wear for kicking around that don't have stuff on them that I would feel like an idiot wearing!
The Following User Says Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post: