Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 03-22-2013, 04:11 PM   #1961
TheMerryFairy

How Do You Identify?:
Pansexual/Sapiosexual femmey dyke who likes to crossdress now and then
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her OR ze if I'm crossdressing
Relationship Status:
Floating and walking My path, happy in life.

Thanked 8,694 Times in 2,987 Posts
TheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST Reputation

Speaking of squash, I saw a variety that I never heard of before today. Pepper squash. Has anyone ever cooked with it before? Does the flavor resemble pepper in any way?
TheMerryFairy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TheMerryFairy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2013, 11:31 AM   #1962
Sun

How Do You Identify?:
Trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him, his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,551 Times in 1,456 Posts
Sun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMerryFairy View Post
Speaking of squash, I saw a variety that I never heard of before today. Pepper squash. Has anyone ever cooked with it before? Does the flavor resemble pepper in any way?

That is a new one for me! Though I may have seen it at one of the CA organic farms under a different name. That does happen. Some of the smaller farms seek out rare crops that do not get much attention. One farm that I like is called "Dirty Girl Farm". Fab name. Do you have a pic?

“Lovers don't finally meet somewhere. They're in each other all along.”
― Rumi

Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sun For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2013, 11:33 AM   #1963
Sun

How Do You Identify?:
Trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him, his
Relationship Status:
Single

Sun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkey View Post
Making butternut squash n leek soup tonight!
That is a nice combo. Do you use the white part of the leek only? Leek is one of my favorite vegetables for the grill. Split open, brushed with olive oil, sea salt..yum.

― Rumi

Old 03-23-2013, 11:37 AM   #1964
TheMerryFairy

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

TheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun View Post
That is a new one for me! Though I may have seen it at one of the CA organic farms under a different name. That does happen. Some of the smaller farms seek out rare crops that do not get much attention. One farm that I like is called "Dirty Girl Farm". Fab name. Do you have a pic?
I don't but I could likely get one for you. I found out at the market that pepper squash is the same as acorn squash but the color must have thrown me off, as I use acorn squash a lot.

This was more of a blue color and it didn't really resemble it closely.
Old 03-23-2013, 11:56 AM   #1965
Sun

How Do You Identify?:
Trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him, his
Relationship Status:
Single

Hola Delicious People!

How are you all doing? This thread has been quiet lately. Are you all eating? Staying in? Going out?

I am preparing a program for an Eco Retreat in Belize for late summer and am thinking a lot about the relationship between retreat time and recharging on a cellular level. Retreat time could mean for me just a quiet day where I intentionally focus on rest and renewal. Or, it could be a week of intense work, where I push and challenge myself to go into spaces in nature that are out of my norm. Shooting the rapids in Taos New Mexico, first time out on the Rio Grande was a good example of that. That was a real physical push for 6 hours with one stop for a meal break, but it was an awesome experience. Similarly, skiing my first black diamond, or 4 Wheeling across the Mojave desert, rock climbing, cliff diving, scuba diving..all of these activities took me out of my day to day and gave me some totally different perspective.

In contrast, I also have loved retreat time where I crash and burn for a few days in a warm, sunny location at the beach.

For me raw juicing would be a part of any retreat, day long or longer. The infusion of mega nutrients into our bodies plus rest, bodywork, natural therapies, connecting with nature, is so valuable to me in a mind, body, spirit way.

For the Belize retreat, I am thinking of running a program on using local raw fruits and vegetables as salads and juice tonics. I love fresh tropical fruit and swimming in warm water. That alone is an instant recharge for me.

In my day to day life, a walk on the beach is instant recharge. That is my home.

The Eco retreat which includes Yoga, snorkeling, daily meals, lodging, is run by one of our Fab Femmes, DanzAmazon, runs the retreat and is very good at what she does. It will be great fun for me to bring a culinary wellness perspective to her amazing work.

What are some of the ways that you recharge, rest, renew?

― Rumi

Old 03-23-2013, 12:06 PM   #1966
Sun

How Do You Identify?:
Trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him, his
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
I don't but I could likely get one for you. I found out at the market that pepper squash is the same as acorn squash but the color must have thrown me off, as I use acorn squash a lot.

This was more of a blue color and it didn't really resemble it closely.
Wow. I wonder why they call it Pepper squash? That is interesting. Acorn squash has no peppery tone at all. Fascinating.

― Rumi

Old 03-23-2013, 01:02 PM   #1967
TheMerryFairy

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Wow. I wonder why they call it Pepper squash? That is interesting. Acorn squash has no peppery tone at all. Fascinating.
I was wondering the same darn thing! lol
Old 03-23-2013, 10:41 PM   #1968
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
That is a nice combo. Do you use the white part of the leek only? Leek is one of my favorite vegetables for the grill. Split open, brushed with olive oil, sea salt..yum.

Used most of the leek, as the dark green is where the vitamin c is, and decided protein in the form of finger was in order.

Still attached but useless tip. The soup was fabulous (yes I didn't use the tip or the part of the green).
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2013, 12:24 AM   #1969
SugarFemme

How Do You Identify?:
*Fierce Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Singular

Thanked 4,463 Times in 854 Posts
SugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST Reputation

The Matzo and potato kugels I am making to bring over to my moms house tomorrow night for Passover. I'm sauteing the mushrooms and onions I will need for the matzoh kugel. My house smells divine
SugarFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SugarFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2013, 02:19 AM   #1970
Sun

How Do You Identify?:
Trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him, his
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneOfAKind View Post
The Matzo and potato kugels I am making to bring over to my moms house tomorrow night for Passover. I'm sauteing the mushrooms and onions I will need for the matzoh kugel. My house smells divine
Yum. Sounds fabulous. If you would like to share a recipe I bet our cooks would love that

― Rumi

Old 03-24-2013, 02:26 AM   #1971
Sun

How Do You Identify?:
Trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him, his
Relationship Status:
Single

Today at work I introduced southern folk to the Stromboli. I swear, you would have thought that I gave them a winning lottery ticket. I've never seen food fly off of a plate so fast. I like to do sampling with the staff. For those of you who are not familiar with the Stromboli it is the cousin of the Calzone.

Pizza dough is tossed into a round or a square-ish, shape, the filling is spread on top as you would for a pizza, then the whole thing is rolled, jelly roll style. Bake, slice, or serve as a whole. My bet is that if someone opened a Stromboli place near ASU (or any college or University) it would be an instant success.

We sampled 3:

1. Pepperoni.

2. Roasted Chicken, Arugula, Fresh Mozzerella, Parmesan, Fresh Tomato.

3. 3 Cheese.

― Rumi

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sun For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2013, 08:59 AM   #1972
puddin'
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
a genderqueer nuisance
Preferred Pronoun?:
bitchboi

Thanked 7,972 Times in 2,344 Posts
puddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default stromboli rawks...

i make mah own. i weigh heavy on spinach, mushrooms and cheese, meat is good, too...
Old 03-25-2013, 11:59 AM   #1973
CA_BabyCakes

How Do You Identify?:
All Femme

Thanked 1,174 Times in 282 Posts
CA_BabyCakes Has the BEST ReputationCA_BabyCakes Has the BEST ReputationCA_BabyCakes Has the BEST ReputationCA_BabyCakes Has the BEST ReputationCA_BabyCakes Has the BEST ReputationCA_BabyCakes Has the BEST ReputationCA_BabyCakes Has the BEST ReputationCA_BabyCakes Has the BEST ReputationCA_BabyCakes Has the BEST ReputationCA_BabyCakes Has the BEST ReputationCA_BabyCakes Has the BEST Reputation
Default :D

CA_BabyCakes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CA_BabyCakes For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2013, 12:14 PM   #1974
Sun

How Do You Identify?:
Trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him, his
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by puddin' View Post
i make mah own. i weigh heavy on spinach, mushrooms and cheese, meat is good, too...
Hey puddin.

A good combo. I am going to work on getting some good stone tiles for my oven so that I can do more pizza and stromboli's at home.

― Rumi

Old 03-25-2013, 12:16 PM   #1975
Sun

How Do You Identify?:
Trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him, his
Relationship Status:
Single

OMG babycakes that is a seriously cute pic.

My cat Diva would be in the bowl. Looking at me like "where do you think you are going with MY catnip?" lol

The cat has the right name. For real.

― Rumi

Old 03-25-2013, 12:18 PM   #1976
Teddybear

How Do You Identify?:
by my name
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 6,239 Times in 1,687 Posts
Teddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST Reputation

yesterday I made a spicy chicken bake with chicken, veggies, rice and onions and a whole lot of differnt spices

It smelled so good and really tasted good also

I baked it at 350 for a little over an hr
Teddybear is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Teddybear For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2013, 12:19 PM   #1977
Sun

How Do You Identify?:
Trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him, his
Relationship Status:
Single

Hola Delicious people.

I am having a day off and feeling slightly motivated to cook, yet I do not think that this is going to happen. Still need a break.

What I do need to figure in to my week is some ice cream making time with my dear friends charming 9 year old son. Once he learned that I make ice cream he attempted to put in an order with me, so I suggested that we make ice cream together. He loved that idea.

Now I need to motivate the little guy past the standard vanilla, strawberry and chocolate. Especially if I cant get organic strawberries that are in good condition here.

What are you all up to?

― Rumi

Old 03-25-2013, 12:23 PM   #1978
Sun

How Do You Identify?:
Trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him, his
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddybear View Post
yesterday I made a spicy chicken bake with chicken, veggies, rice and onions and a whole lot of differnt spices

It smelled so good and really tasted good also

I baked it at 350 for a little over an hr
Sounds like a good idea Teddy. My friends are asking for my green chili enchiladas and I am wondering if I can turn that into a casserole somehow. Its one of those dishes that is easy to make large portions of.

― Rumi

Old 03-25-2013, 01:13 PM   #1979
TheMerryFairy

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Hola Delicious people.

I am having a day off and feeling slightly motivated to cook, yet I do not think that this is going to happen. Still need a break.

What I do need to figure in to my week is some ice cream making time with my dear friends charming 9 year old son. Once he learned that I make ice cream he attempted to put in an order with me, so I suggested that we make ice cream together. He loved that idea.

Now I need to motivate the little guy past the standard vanilla, strawberry and chocolate. Especially if I cant get organic strawberries that are in good condition here.

What are you all up to?
You mean besides eating icecream after that post? I am now craving Stromboli or calzone LOL. Work has been really busy and when not working, I am trying to find "me" time that I can put into the kitchen. It has been working a lot better this week. I was able to find my inspiration to whip out some good dishes including more stirfrys, pulled bbq chicken pizza and even a few desserts.

I am going to try a honey and herb salmon sometime this week.
Old 03-25-2013, 01:37 PM   #1980
Sun

How Do You Identify?:
Trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him, his
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
You mean besides eating icecream after that post? I am now craving Stromboli or calzone LOL. Work has been really busy and when not working, I am trying to find "me" time that I can put into the kitchen. It has been working a lot better this week. I was able to find my inspiration to whip out some good dishes including more stirfrys, pulled bbq chicken pizza and even a few desserts.

I am going to try a honey and herb salmon sometime this week.
If you give your herbs a fine mince, then add some fresh minced garlic, and a little lemon zest, you can use that mixture for a topping. Coat the Salmon in Dijon mustard first, spread the herb mixture on top and bake it.

Another thing that I like to do is marinate the Salmon in Teriyaki and then grill it then put it on top of a salad. Both versions of the Salmon work well with Ceasar salad by the way.

― Rumi