Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Support: Abuse, Addiction, Coping

Old 07-13-2015, 07:37 PM   #1241
girlin2une

How Do You Identify?:
submissive queer stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her

Thanked 3,845 Times in 856 Posts
girlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

So, I got up the nerve to post in here mainly due to Dapper Butch's post in the Zombie thread, encouraging others to post... my story is relatively new.
End of February/beginning of March is when I had radiation...I won't go too far into detail as I have been so very private about everything so far and just need an outlet I think...*I digress...* I have been dealing with cervical issues since my daughter (now 6) was 2...
I'm very reluctant to go into great detail... (can you tell?) and this year has been a year of big things for me... mostly hard...but... I will say this... my last biopsy since radiation is negative... that's a good thing... now to stay in the clear for 5 years... then I will be considered cancer free...!!

girlin2une is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to girlin2une For This Useful Post:
Old 07-13-2015, 08:38 PM   #1242
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlin2une View Post
So, I got up the nerve to post in here mainly due to Dapper Butch's post in the Zombie thread, encouraging others to post... my story is relatively new.
End of February/beginning of March is when I had radiation...I won't go too far into detail as I have been so very private about everything so far and just need an outlet I think...*I digress...* I have been dealing with cervical issues since my daughter (now 6) was 2...
I'm very reluctant to go into great detail... (can you tell?) and this year has been a year of big things for me... mostly hard...but... I will say this... my last biopsy since radiation is negative... that's a good thing... now to stay in the clear for 5 years... then I will be considered cancer free...!!

I'm so glad you decided to join us. I understand you wanting to not share. I actually didn't tell a single friend about it until after the surgery. Just my mom and girlfriend.

Share when you are ready, or if you need to. Congrats on your last biopsy being fine.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2015, 11:27 AM   #1243
Daisy Chain

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Hy calls me Hys Kitten

Thanked 1,810 Times in 448 Posts
Daisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST Reputation

{{ Tommi }}

Congratulations on your wedding !!

Sounds like you are very blessed to have her love and care, *smiles*

I hope you continue to heal, stay well and enjoy every moment with the people you love and who you love you.

Daisy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
Wheeeee Life goes on.

We got married May 2, 2015. . No time for cancer. Time for each other, time to travel, time for her folks who are in the sunset of their lives. Time to blend 2 pet families, and households of furniture. What a wonderful woman, what an amazing two years since we met.

No time for thinking about that recurrence the month we met. Enjoying the sexiest apron clad cook that feeds me healthy stuff, and waits on me hand and foot, without even realizing how wonderful she is. I want for nothing but time, lots more time.
Daisy Chain is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Daisy Chain For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2015, 11:34 AM   #1244
Daisy Chain

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Hy calls me Hys Kitten

Daisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST Reputation

I too am glad you decided to post.

Don`t feel any need to go into detail about your cancer, nobody needs to know every detail. Its just nice to know you can drop by here on good and bad days and touch base with others who understand how it feels and how it ripples out and effects so many areas of your life, often in surprising ways.

I`m am so glad to hear you have had some good news too !!

Daisy

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlin2une View Post

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Daisy Chain For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2015, 11:49 AM   #1245
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,685 Times in 7,714 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

welcome girlin2une! I am glad you are here. To echo sentiments of the others.....share as much or as little as you wish! You will have support here in many ways! We each walk our path in the way that is unique to our own self! People here are amazing, supportive, and oft times...one just needs gentle hugs! Take care of you and know we walk with you!
Old 07-14-2015, 02:07 PM   #1246
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,337 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by clay View Post
welcome girlin2une! I am glad you are here. To echo sentiments of the others.....share as much or as little as you wish! You will have support here in many ways! We each walk our path in the way that is unique to our own self! People here are amazing, supportive, and oft times...one just needs gentle hugs! Take care of you and know we walk with you!
Well said clay
We experience cancer in oh so many ways, from that first diagnosis to support of caregivers, those anniversary reminders, and moving on.

so girlin2une, join in reading our words, the cyber-hugs , the understanding that goes without saying any words..., So, for now..maybe some toast and Just a hug, and some tea.
Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2015, 02:47 PM   #1247
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

thanks tommi!!!!!
Old 07-14-2015, 09:14 PM   #1248
girlin2une

How Do You Identify?:
submissive queer stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her

Thanked 3,845 Times in 856 Posts
girlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

thank you everyone.
steph
girlin2une is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to girlin2une For This Useful Post:
Old 08-02-2015, 11:20 PM   #1249
Luv

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 1,216 Times in 366 Posts
Luv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST Reputation

Has anyone here had to deal with bone marrow cancer either yourself or someone you know? ,What can you share with me? Moms 82 and a few weeks before had congestive heart failure
Luv is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Luv For This Useful Post:
Old 08-03-2015, 03:53 AM   #1250
Daisy Chain

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Hy calls me Hys Kitten

Hello Luv,

I`m so sorry to hear of your Mom. Personally no, I am in remission from blood cancer and dont know anyone who has battled bone marrow cancer.

Keep dropping by here though....someone may do. The people here are very kind and encouraging I have found so it will be a good resource for comfort and support and hopefully more information.

Sending you and your Mom love and strength.

Daisy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv View Post
Has anyone here had to deal with bone marrow cancer either yourself or someone you know? ,What can you share with me? Moms 82 and a few weeks before had congestive heart failure
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Daisy Chain For This Useful Post:
Old 08-03-2015, 08:42 AM   #1251
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv View Post
Hello Luv,

The thing with cancer, it affects folks in different ways. One really great resource is the Oncology office of her doctor. Usually have a family liaison to help you and give you advice, diets, cautions, etc.

With the CHF and new Medications in her life, all things considered, being well nourished, hydrated and warm is a plus. If chemo/radiation is proposed ask them the best and worse outcomes for Mom.

If biopsy confirmed, histology of cells identified, MRI results, Cancer lab work is all done , get the Primary Doc and Oncologist talking to each other. American Cancer Society has free guides and booklets on line that you can order.

Fatigue, pain, loss of appetite, inability to get up and down easily, extreme caution on traveling, stairs, etc. , as bones fractures aren't something to add on top of it.

Give her fresh flowers to look at.
and a soft fuzzy teddy bear to hold tight against her achy parts when no one I'd there to hug her.

Much love and positive protective bubbles to you and Mom.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 09-03-2015, 04:16 PM   #1252
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation
Default UPDATE

Hey, guys, I had a colonoscopy today, and I am in the clear!

Only one 3mm polyp, so the next one is in one year!

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 09-03-2015, 04:22 PM   #1253
Daisy Chain

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Hy calls me Hys Kitten

Thats WONDERFUL NEWS !!!!!!!!!!!

So So pleased for you !!

*big smiles* Daisy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Daisy Chain For This Useful Post:
Old 09-03-2015, 06:31 PM   #1254
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post

YAY! This is great news DB! Thanks for sharing!
Old 09-08-2015, 02:09 PM   #1255
Daisy Chain

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Hy calls me Hys Kitten

Hello all, hope everyone is doing well and enjoying happy healthy days.

I went for my 4th antibody therapy treatment today, 4th of 12 every 2 months for 2 years, then I`m on my own !

Its usually given by drip which takes 4 hours to go through but its changed now to a 5 minute injection !! Problem was I had to wait for the drug to arrive at daycare and it also took 40mins and several goes to get a canula in me as and I quote...`my veins are crap, theres just nothing there, they are so fine, they like to hide, oh its blown again and they dont even have any bounce !`....after heat packs, hot water hand washing and a few good slaps we got there ! If only I could have the pre meds, in tablet form I would be in and out.

Anyhow I`m not whining, just sharing. I still think I am privileged to live in a country where care is available, its not for some, and I can go home at the end of it, always a plus !

I would say this though, I`m always a little melancholy to go there, it takes me back to my `ill place` which I manage to keep on the sidelines of my life on the whole. And also brings thoughts of others whom I have sat alongside having treatment and who are no longer with us. Which in turn makes me value every day more.

Anyway, chin up buttercup !

Love to you all, Daisy
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Daisy Chain For This Useful Post:
Old 09-21-2015, 04:40 PM   #1256
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Member Photo Albums
Cool Melancholy Ville, just beyond...

Just checkin in. Reading everyone's posts. A valuable reminder, we are still here, and some, like Daisy Chain still doing the active battles.

That "place" we sometimes see but can't find on a map, can visit, but never want to stay. We can't take anyone with us, without road signs, posted limits, or directions.

Knowing that I am here, and find myself not visiting that place so often, and knowing every single day and every single person and smile is most important.

My Minds Book of Good Memories helps to keep me on the right road, and my plans for the future point to a map on my wall. Sierra Club world map is posted on my kitchen wall, with post it notes of today and tomorrow things to do, places to go. Next week Cleveland, November Galapagos.

Around me are happy pictures, we celebrated my first real tattoo at Benihana's (after my pelvic radiation dot tattoo's, I got Kanji Master script, on my arm, and in my signature below), Our 2nd year anniversary, which was almost two years to the day, after my re-diagnosis, and our Honeymoon Photo in May, also at Benihana's. That is our Friday night dinner place, we celebrate something on those nights, it is my way of marking the road behind, and knowing, that ahead there are Friday nights I will be celebrating my life. In the last two years we have celebrated life, Pictures of two beautiful couples that were married, and in whose wedding we were proud to be part of.

Roses and plumeria blooming all around the house, all year long, to remind me of the natural beauty and smells of this wonderful planet.

All this helps keep me in the place I want to be. Looking out the window, I see the need to refill the hummingbird feeder, so my cat can chatter through the glass, and the little birds can twitter about happy to have a drink in shade, in this horrible hundred degree heat.

I have places to go and things to do. I even forgot about, missed the 6 month follow-up oncologists appointment, now post-poned till mid Oct. and I didn't panic. Maybe because I was dealing with a broken foot, a trip to see the Steelers and my sister I hadn't seen in 25+ years. Taking the wife to meet my estranged family. What a hoot that was, and they welcomed her with open arms.

Since that "place" took me by such surprise, that May of 2004, I am happy to visit BFP and know we are still here, can keep coming back, and understand , those moments, those nights and days, and the life of those interrupted..

Love ,
Tommi

Last edited by Tommi; 09-21-2015 at 04:46 PM.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2015, 12:10 PM   #1257
Genesis
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme on a varied spectrum/babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her/hers
Relationship Status:
Loved ლ ⚢

Thanked 14,633 Times in 6,270 Posts
Genesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST Reputation
Arrow Long time...

Good day everyone...

I feel like I was out in a time warp and just got out of it...
My deepest condolences for those that have lost a loved one since I last was active on this thread... Also I am happy and excited for those of you who are
on remission and clean, and those of you still rolling up your sleeves and kicking toosh! As for me, I am doing ok... This year has been an uphill battle with a few wonderful restful stops that had magnificent views and then more climbing... This year is not over and neither are the opportunities for learning and growing... My Mama had been on remission from multiple myeloma for almost a year until probably two-three weeks ago... As of right now... She keeps fighting... and we are hanging on... It had been a while since I had to see her this way... I know it was unrealistic to think that she would not have another battle... another close call... I know it was a bit silly of me to think that she would just keep getting better.... I learned my lesson... duly noted... She is so strong... I just hope I can keep holding on as hard as she is fighting... I love you Mama...
Genesis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Genesis For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2015, 05:38 PM   #1258
Genesis
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme on a varied spectrum/babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her/hers
Relationship Status:
Loved ლ ⚢

Thanked 14,633 Times in 6,270 Posts
Genesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST Reputation
Lightbulb Update

Hello everyone! I hope everyone is doing well or as good as you can given the current situation you each might be in.
My Mama is recuperating slowly and doing well. She is such a strong woman... Never seizes to amaze me... As for me I'm just keeping my eyes up to the sky and feeling gratitude in my heart for the interesting roller coaster we have been in the last few weeks. Wishing each of you to have wonderful holidays with your loved ones whom you call family.... Make each moment count...
Genesis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Genesis For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2015, 08:02 PM   #1259
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis View Post
Hello everyone! I hope everyone is doing well or as good as you can given the current situation you each might be in.
My Mama is recuperating slowly and doing well. She is such a strong woman... Never seizes to amaze me... As for me I'm just keeping my eyes up to the sky and feeling gratitude in my heart for the interesting roller coaster we have been in the last few weeks. Wishing each of you to have wonderful holidays with your loved ones whom you call family.... Make each moment count...
Sending gentle hugs & healing energies for Genesis & mama!
Hold on to her tight, my friend!!!
Keeping you both close in spirit!!!!
Old 12-15-2015, 07:51 AM   #1260
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Member Photo Albums

:Thursday is my "time of the year"....

NO nor

All shall be well.......hugs to everyone!