Tuff Stuff

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 1,318 Times in 506 Posts
Tuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST Reputation
Default Straight black plz

I don't know..i just woke up.. ..Coffee..bring it

Let it be..posting on BFP.
Tuff Stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 11:44 AM   #842
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsTinkerbelly View Post
Don't panic.
Don't sell.
Buy, buy, buy if you can.

The big boys will cause this "crisis" so that folks like us will panic and sell, and they can buy low and pad their accounts even more.

You probably know this, but I learned it when the stock market tanked, and the employer I had bought mega stock for each of our 401k's. When I left the company I had a very hefty nest egg, due primarily to this kindness to his staff.
Amen, I wish I could right now, the whole friggin world is on sale today.

They say never try to time the market and I don't. Unfortunately I have some estate things on the move last week and this. My usual response is to treat it like a bear in the woods (< pun intended), be still, be quiet, and it will go away.

There was one position that was set to go today and I was able to stop it, whew!

Buckle up folks.
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2015, 12:14 PM   #843
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,958 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orema View Post
That's what I keep hearing, Ms. T, but it's so hard not to move everything into mutual bonds till things cool down. Okay, I'm not gonna look at my 401k today. I'm just gonna sit tight. For now.

Good luck to everyone—we're gonna need it.
If you don't need the money to live on right this minute, the downslide really isn't affecting your 401k or the stock in it. The market slide (caused this time primarily by China) will stop, and stocks will begin to rise once again.

As I mentioned before, the people selling now are the everyday investors, and the rich will buy and get richer. Putting your money in a mutual bond sounds safe, but you will be selling at current prices (low), and then moving back to stocks when the prices go up....effectively losing money!

Good luck!
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2015, 01:00 PM   #844
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,871 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Laying in bed trying to relax after my long weekend.

Albert Einstein
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2015, 06:53 PM   #845
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullDog View Post
Chilling out, listening to music, taking a bit of a break this morning. I've been working very long hours and I needed it. Also, my latest and greatest writing gig is about how to get dates using the Tinder app (never heard of it till now). That's about the last thing I would like to write about.
Swipe right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsTinkerbelly View Post
Don't panic.
Don't sell.
Buy, buy, buy if you can.

The big boys will cause this "crisis" so that folks like us will panic and sell, and they can buy low and pad their accounts even more.

You probably know this, but I learned it when the stock market tanked, and the employer I had bought mega stock for each of our 401k's. When I left the company I had a very hefty nest egg, due primarily to this kindness to his staff.

Be it smart or stupid or somewhere in between, I only check my 401k once a quarter.

I've got enough stress in my life as it is.

Right now, I'm practicing couch potato-dome.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2015, 07:48 PM   #846
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Watching football.
Thinking about going to bed early.

Albert Einstein
Old 08-25-2015, 01:24 AM   #847
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Be it smart or stupid or somewhere in between, I only check my 401k once a quarter.

I've got enough stress in my life as it is.

Right now, I'm practicing couch potato-dome.
[/QUOTE]

Most people don't obsess about their 401k's...once a quarter is good for rebalancing, or noticing if a stock is/isn't performing well and making changes.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 08-25-2015, 05:32 AM   #848
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,089 Times in 8,590 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Painting my face while pondering the day ahead.
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 08-25-2015, 05:43 AM   #849
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I'm wondering if I should bring my floaties to the office with me.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-25-2015, 09:06 AM   #850
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,528 Times in 10,206 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

turning off morning TV!

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 08-25-2015, 09:50 AM   #851
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Member Photo Albums

Sitting down with a cup of coffee after taking care of the critters.

It is going to be 100* and humid today, so any outside errands or work can wait.
Old 08-25-2015, 01:24 PM   #852
Tuff Stuff

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married

Tuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST Reputation

I should be gettin drunk about now...ahh,oh well..i've been posting here on BFP and now i'm gonna go have lunch
Old 08-27-2015, 09:30 PM   #853
Tuff Stuff

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married

Listening to her ...she wants me to swing over to Amazon and buy her something..so off I go...
Old 08-27-2015, 10:07 PM   #854
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,528 Times in 10,206 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

Project Runway, Peeking on Big Brother, and yawning big time.

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2015, 10:36 PM   #855
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Watching the Destination America Channel the show is called Mysteries and Monster in America.

Albert Einstein
Old 08-28-2015, 05:31 AM   #856
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

I'm eating breakfast and posting and listening to Rhapsody. The day begins!

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-28-2015, 07:10 AM   #857
SoulShineFemme

How Do You Identify?:
All girl. All the time.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her
Relationship Status:
Married to my beloved ONLY

2 Highscores

Thanked 1,363 Times in 455 Posts
SoulShineFemme Has the BEST ReputationSoulShineFemme Has the BEST ReputationSoulShineFemme Has the BEST ReputationSoulShineFemme Has the BEST ReputationSoulShineFemme Has the BEST ReputationSoulShineFemme Has the BEST ReputationSoulShineFemme Has the BEST ReputationSoulShineFemme Has the BEST ReputationSoulShineFemme Has the BEST ReputationSoulShineFemme Has the BEST ReputationSoulShineFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Belting down some coffee and relaxing for awhile. Yesterday I worked pretty hard around the house. Today I plan to chill until I hit the gym.
SoulShineFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SoulShineFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-28-2015, 07:53 AM   #858
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,683 Times in 7,714 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

sharing cyber breakfast, texting, & smiling!
Old 08-28-2015, 09:10 AM   #859
PurerSands

How Do You Identify?:
Gay woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
I have one

PurerSands Has the BEST ReputationPurerSands Has the BEST ReputationPurerSands Has the BEST ReputationPurerSands Has the BEST ReputationPurerSands Has the BEST ReputationPurerSands Has the BEST ReputationPurerSands Has the BEST ReputationPurerSands Has the BEST ReputationPurerSands Has the BEST ReputationPurerSands Has the BEST ReputationPurerSands Has the BEST Reputation

Eating a nice hot bowl of chili beef, thinking of times gone by.
Old 08-28-2015, 09:12 AM   #860
Turas
Timed Out - Identity Issues

How Do You Identify?:
Queer

Turas Has the BEST ReputationTuras Has the BEST ReputationTuras Has the BEST ReputationTuras Has the BEST ReputationTuras Has the BEST ReputationTuras Has the BEST ReputationTuras Has the BEST ReputationTuras Has the BEST ReputationTuras Has the BEST ReputationTuras Has the BEST ReputationTuras Has the BEST Reputation

Sitting at work on break feeling stressed and sad. Thankful it's Friday.
Turas is offline   Reply With Quote