Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > ART, POETRY, WRITING > Quotes, Snippets, Other Writing

Old 12-21-2011, 10:56 AM   #1
Tawse

How Do You Identify?:
TG Gender Queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 2,739 Times in 644 Posts
Tawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Brief Biography for Writing Submissions

Ok - so I'm trying to get published and of course they ask for a brief bio to go along with your submissions. I suck at this..

The submissions are LGBTQI (etc etc) Erotic in nature and here's what I have for my first draft at a brief bio.

One minute I think it needs something - the next I think it's fine.

Thoughts and feedback welcome, encouraged, and pretty much pleaded for.

------------

Tawse would like to say he’s spent the majority of his adult life playing with his gender and sexual expression, but the fact of the matter is they’ve been playing with him and he’s just been hanging on for a hell of a ride. He currently identifies as either gender queer or hybrid and resides in Atlanta, Georgia with his Wife, 2 dogs, 1 cat and one species dysphoric cat who insists on protecting the house and growling like a dog.
Tawse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tawse For This Useful Post:
Old 12-21-2011, 11:29 AM   #2
tapu

How Do You Identify?:
Understated butch.
Preferred Pronoun?:
I
Relationship Status:
Party of One

Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,103 Posts
tapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputation

Here's a copyedit, not a content edit. It's fine content-wise as is, in my studied opinion.

Good luck, and congratulations. --tapu

Tawse would say he’s spent the majority of his life playing with his gender and sexual expression; but closer to the truth is that they’ve been playing with him. He’s just been hanging on for one hell of a ride.

Tawse currently identifies as gender queer, or maybe hybrid...? He resides in Atlanta with his wife, two dogs, one cat, and one species dysphoric cat who insists on protecting the house and growling.
Old 12-21-2011, 01:45 PM   #3
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,815 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawse View Post
Ok - so I'm trying to get published and of course they ask for a brief bio to go along with your submissions. I suck at this..

The submissions are LGBTQI (etc etc) Erotic in nature and here's what I have for my first draft at a brief bio.

------------

Tawse would like to say he’s spent the majority of his adult life playing
with his gender and sexual expression, but the fact of the matter is they’ve been playing with him and he’s just been hanging on for a hell of a ride. He currently identifies as either gender queer or hybrid and resides in Atlanta, Georgia with his Wife, 2 dogs, 1 cat and one species dysphoric cat who insists on protecting the house and u growling like a dog.
I love it. Miss Tick would also be a great one to ask as well as So Not Her. Both also write beautifully

Still waiting on you to post more erotica!

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 12-21-2011, 02:06 PM   #4
Cin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Thanked 10,622 Times in 2,488 Posts
Cin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Anya* View Post
I love it. Miss Tick would also be a great one to ask as well as So Not Her. Both also write beautifully

Still waiting on you to post more erotica!
That's so nice of you to say that.

Maybe my writing is okay, but editing makes me cry and I don't even like to redo my own stuff. I envy people who can and will rewrite. I also adore people who can edit. I married one. Maybe she will give it a look.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post:
Old 12-21-2011, 02:09 PM   #5
Cin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Thanked 10,622 Times in 2,488 Posts
Cin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

------------

Tawse would like to say he’s spent the majority of his adult life playing with his gender and sexual expression, but the fact of the matter is they’ve been playing with him and he’s just been hanging on for a hell of a ride. He currently identifies as either gender queer or hybrid and resides in Atlanta, Georgia with his Wife, 2 dogs, 1 cat and one species dysphoric cat who insists on protecting the house and growling like a dog.
Actually I think it's great just the way it is. I wouldn't capitalize wife though. Although I get why you would want to. I think my wife deserves to capitalized too.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post:
Old 12-21-2011, 02:18 PM   #6
Truly Scrumptious

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
She's my mirror twin, my next of kin

2 Highscores

Thanked 1,859 Times in 564 Posts
Truly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST Reputation
Default I'll take a stab at it

I like it very much. Here are just a couple of suggestions:

Tawse would like to say he’s spent the majority of his adult life playing with his gender and sexual
expression . . . but the truth is they’ve been playing with him while he’s been hanging on for one hell of a ride. He currently identifies as either gender queer or hybrid, and resides in Atlanta with his wife, 2 dogs, 1 cat and 1 species dysphoric cat who insists on protecting the house and growling like a dog.

or

Tawse has spent the majority of his adult life playing with his gender and sexual expression. Or perhaps more accurately, they’ve been playing with him and he’s been hanging on for one hell of a ride. He currently identifies as either gender queer or hybrid, and resides in Atlanta with his wife, two dogs, one cat and one species dysphoric cat who insists on protecting the house and growling like a dog.
Truly Scrumptious is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Truly Scrumptious For This Useful Post:
Old 12-21-2011, 02:22 PM   #7
LaneyDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Girly girl femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She; Ma'am; Miss ;)
Relationship Status:
Pitbull protected.

Thanked 7,689 Times in 1,610 Posts
LaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST Reputation

I like the input you have received. This is my brief bio if you want to see it

Laney is a bottom from Alabama who has been an active participant in the BDSM community for three years. She is the Special Events Coordinator for The Red Chair in Birmingham and is a greeter on FetLife. She has a fondness for shiny things and loves to play with staples, scapels and knives. You may find her on FetLife as LaneyDoll.

Hmmm, mine has actually changed since my last article. Good thing I looked at it.

Old 12-21-2011, 03:16 PM   #8
Tawse

How Do You Identify?:
TG Gender Queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 2,739 Times in 644 Posts
Tawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

thank you thank you THANK YOU everyone for your replies.

Truly - I love your reworking and will most likely use it

Laney - lol good for you for being able to put your BDSM identification/experience into a neat package like that! I would just stare at the blank page and drool most likely. Pretty much what I did with this bio...
Tawse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tawse For This Useful Post:
Old 12-21-2011, 03:52 PM   #9
LaneyDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Girly girl femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She; Ma'am; Miss ;)
Relationship Status:
Pitbull protected.

LaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
thank you thank you THANK YOU everyone for your replies.

Truly - I love your reworking and will most likely use it

Laney - lol good for you for being able to put your BDSM identification/experience into a neat package like that! I would just stare at the blank page and drool most likely. Pretty much what I did with this bio...
Well the bio is for a BDSM site so it is appropriate. The funny thing is that my bio needs to be updated due to recent developments in that area.

Old 12-21-2011, 04:18 PM   #10
LaneyDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Girly girl femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She; Ma'am; Miss ;)
Relationship Status:
Pitbull protected.

Oh, and I swiped this for you...

The small numbers, such as whole numbers smaller than ten, should be spelled out. That’s one rule you can count on. If you don’t spell numbers out it will look like you’re sending an instant message, and you want to be more formal than that in your writing.