Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > ART, POETRY, WRITING > Quotes, Snippets, Other Writing

Old 01-02-2012, 01:35 PM   #1
WomenMoveMe

How Do You Identify?:
I just wander about and be!
Relationship Status:
Caution: Dead End

Thanked 2,101 Times in 417 Posts
WomenMoveMe Has the BEST ReputationWomenMoveMe Has the BEST ReputationWomenMoveMe Has the BEST ReputationWomenMoveMe Has the BEST ReputationWomenMoveMe Has the BEST ReputationWomenMoveMe Has the BEST ReputationWomenMoveMe Has the BEST ReputationWomenMoveMe Has the BEST ReputationWomenMoveMe Has the BEST ReputationWomenMoveMe Has the BEST ReputationWomenMoveMe Has the BEST Reputation
Default A Little Butch in the Making

I am not certain my age when, in the privacy of my room, I became "John Jerry" (what a dork I was as I thought this a very dashing and jaunty name). Through ’John Jerry’, I was a swashbuckling man of mystery, devilishly handsome, and most charming pirate. I had a plastic sword strapped to my waist that I would brandish as I leapt upon the deck of my ship (bed). I would fence with the bedpost, uttering 'ha-ha's' and 'take that's' as I quickly vanquished my enemies. I had no real damsel in distress to ravish when inevitably victorious. However, I did have a rather large stuffed bunny I would suavely swoop under my arm and hold safe as I nimbly disembarked from the ship’s deck. Miranda (the bunny, and the name given to all my pretend women back then), the spoils of my victory, and the reason I was in the business of enemy vanquishing in the first place, would show her appreciation by rolling around with me on the floor, ultimately finding her place beneath me as she succumbed to my masculine charms. I would kiss her, stroke her hair, tell her I loved her, and demand she know she was beholden to me and therefore belonged only to me. I vowed to protect her and keep her safe from all others that might do her harm. It never occurred to me then, that this was who I was to become. I was but a little butch in the making.

At nine I went to summer camp. Her name was Francis and she was an older woman. All of twelve when we 'married'. We went to her room for our 'honeymoon'. We got under the covers and began kissing. She climbed on top of me and I let her know this did not work for me. I made her switch positions and even though it was so long ago, I remember the comfort I felt being on 'top'. How right it felt. I do not know what Francis expected when she asked me to marry her. Perhaps she was of the mindset I would be some mousy little yes-man that would bend to her every beck and call. Perhaps she saw that within this little nine year old, lurked a courageous, brazen, and dominating little butch waiting to break free. Now do not get me wrong. Even at the age of nine I knew my place. I somehow knew I was to be governed by the wants and desires of this girl. Yet is was exactly what I wanted. I wanted to please her, do everything for her. I made certain she wanted for nothing. I protected and watched over her. I peppered her cheeks with little kisses, held her hand, told her she was pretty. In return, she fiercely defended me to her friends. She freely chose to be with me rather than anyone else. She wrote me poems and letters. She was devoted and allowed me be me without ridicule or question. She was wonderful and remains one of my favorite memories and was yet another step for me in who I was to become.

I did not know I was a little butch in the making. I knew I hated wearing the dresses in which my mother and her friends thought I looked so ‘precious’. In fact, both she and my father tell tales of when I was only five, day in and day out, having to follow my trail of discarded frilly little panties, slips, and dresses in effort to find me. I would most often be found naked, grimy and muddy, erecting some sort of mud castle or wading through whatever water source I could find. Girl things were uncomfortable for me, even then. This of course, did not prevent my mother from trying to make a girl out of me. It just didn’t take.

It was not until I was a few years older, perhaps nine or ten, she began to compromise a bit. While still having to don the feminine trappings of the day, my mother gave in to one of my tantrums and bought me a bag of those little plastic GI Joe men. I was in heaven! I staged great battles. I maimed some of my little soldiers in my little sister’s easy-bake oven so I would know which had suffered personal sacrifice defending their position. My mother came to realize it was a waste of money to buy dolls and make-up kits for me. The dolls went unloved and the kits used only to draw pictures of menacing looking creatures or to paint facial hair on those unloved dolls. However, still she could not bring herself to give up completely. You had to admire her resolve. She clung to hope. She continued buying purses I used only to tote around my GI Joe men, marbles, frogs, bugs, and other, what my mother termed, ‘undesirables’. Clothes shopping was never pleasant for either of us. I pitched public fits and she resorted to covertly pinching me to control my behavior. Throughout my young years, I would imagine few portions of my body did not suffer some degree of clothes-shopping induced black and blue.

It was during my early teenage years I began to become more social and did what kids and teenagers do. One of these normal activities was the attendance of slumber parties. I loved slumber parties! I was always the ’boy’ and did a lot of sleeping bag hopping as the girls seemingly all wanted to kiss on me. This kind of thing was never discussed the next day, or ever for that matter. It was my role and one I was more than happy to fulfill. I ’slumbered’ with the cheerleaders, the jocks, the nerds, the smart girls, the popular girls, the not-so-popular girls. It seemed there was not a slumber party to which I was not invited. I was viewed as ‘pretty’. I was tall, thin, blonde, blue-eyed, and impossibly clear-skinned and can not count the times I was called ‘the All-American girl next door’. While I did not like it, it did work for me as somehow being pretty seemed to make it acceptable to make out with me. As if it made me harmless or some such thing. The ‘pretty’ thing always bothered me, but it afforded me access to a lot of discovery. I did not want to be pretty. I wanted to be handsome, dashing, and debonair. I wanted to be the ‘John Jerry’ I knew myself to be in my heart. I knew there was some sort of energy about me. An aura of sorts that burst from within me and moved these girls to unspeakable and taboo behaviors. Girls seemed to develop mad crushes on me. I began to realize my presence and demeanor silently demanded they recognize the masculine energy that perhaps not particularly evident on the outside, coursed through my being. Although I was getting closer, I was still just a little butch in the making.

We moved to small town Kentucky. This was where I was to spend my high school years. I developed a huge crush on the head cheerleader. I don’t remember how it happened, but we became close friends. She was two years older, and to me, she was all that was right with the world. It was a dry county and we were at some random place outside of city limits celebrating the graduating class. She was across the party from me talking with some of her classmates when the police rolled up. Chaos ensued as everyone scrambled. As people scattered in all directions, I ran to her, grabbed her hand, and led her off. She followed without question or hesitation. We ran until we reached a barbed wire fence. I stomped down on the bottom wire and held the middle wire up to allow her to pass through safely. I found the post and swung all in one motion over the fence. She was calling to me from behind the safety of a large tree. It was pitch-black and with only the softness of her call was I able to find her. Standing there, so close to her as we hid behind the tree, I asked if she were alright. She managed to find my hand and put her soft lips to it. It was the first time I truly felt desire whoosh throughout the entirety of my body. I started to speak but found I was unable. Thankful she could not see me for the dark, I stood there paralyzed. She whispered to me. She told me I was handsome. She told me she felt safe with me. She told me she thought of me in ways girls weren’t supposed to think of each other. Still unable to move, she told me this would be a good time to kiss her. I so wanted not to fumble about, but I was shaking uncontrollably and worried that in the total darkness my lips would not find hers. This was the moment I had so longed for. I was handsome! I was desired not in spite of who and what I was, but because of it. Her acceptance and understanding of me allowing me the liberty to just be. The shaking stopped. My body once again under my own control. I pushed her gently against the tree and my lips found hers. As I kissed her, I felt her body surrender. It seemed to sigh and accept all that mine wanted to offer as I pressed against her. Holding her captive between my body and the tree, my hand entwined in her hair, I pulled her to me. It was that moment I was no longer a little butch in the making, I was realized.

I don’t know how long we stayed like that. I do know it was not long enough. Her friends were calling for her. The coast was clear. Time to return to the party. Seems the cops came just to check on things and drink a quick beer. Such is small town Kentucky law enforcement. Flashlights beamed unwanted shards of light in our direction. We parted before they found us in a position neither of us was prepared to explain. She thanked me for leading her to safety. I offered a simple ‘my pleasure’. And with that said, I led her back to the party, to her classmates, to her ‘normal’ life. All the while, knowing mine had changed forever.

She was to leave two days later to spend the summer with out of state family. When she returned, I was away and did not see her before she left for college. I was to see her only once again and we did not speak of the night I became ‘handsome’. Although I spent a weekend with her, and the man she would eventually marry, we did not speak of how that night, her words changed my world. From time to time I would catch her smiling at me, sort of a odd little smile that summoned in me the fond memories of how she made me feel. I never did tell her what she had done for me that night. I regret that, but it seemed it was something she chose to remember in her own way. I never thanked her. I never told her that in just a few minutes time, she had taken years of a little butch in the making, and made her whole.
WomenMoveMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 02:42 PM   #2
macele

How Do You Identify?:
a bold-assed maximus
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 3,239 Times in 849 Posts
macele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputation

first thing i noticed, the words are talking to me. has a bit of a richard dreyfuss feel in stand by me. thank you for sharing. i enjoyed.
macele is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to macele For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2012, 02:58 PM   #3
WomenMoveMe

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:

WomenMoveMe Has the BEST ReputationWomenMoveMe Has the BEST ReputationWomenMoveMe Has the BEST ReputationWomenMoveMe Has the BEST ReputationWomenMoveMe Has the BEST ReputationWomenMoveMe Has the BEST ReputationWomenMoveMe Has the BEST ReputationWomenMoveMe Has the BEST ReputationWomenMoveMe Has the BEST ReputationWomenMoveMe Has the BEST ReputationWomenMoveMe Has the BEST Reputation

Well...thank you! Simple little story...glad you enjoyed it! Truly means a great deal to me!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WomenMoveMe For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2012, 03:09 PM   #4
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,815 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

I loved this so much!

It makes me wonder if the little girls I played mommy and daddy with (mommy, of course), practiced kissing with and experimented with in the back seat of my little girlfriend's grandfather's junked car (my mom found us in a compromising, pants off condition); were all little butches in the making.

I like to think so after reading this.

I pretty much know I was a femme in the making.

Thanks for writing your experiences.

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2012, 03:17 PM   #5
WomenMoveMe

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:

Ohhh Anya...I have no doubt you made quite an impression in the world of little butch making!! For your efforts...I offer this...job well done!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WomenMoveMe For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2012, 04:11 PM   #6
mariamma

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,116 Times in 281 Posts
mariamma Has the BEST Reputationmariamma Has the BEST Reputationmariamma Has the BEST Reputationmariamma Has the BEST Reputationmariamma Has the BEST Reputationmariamma Has the BEST Reputationmariamma Has the BEST Reputationmariamma Has the BEST Reputationmariamma Has the BEST Reputationmariamma Has the BEST Reputationmariamma Has the BEST Reputation

oh that was so good to read. Brings a smile to my lips. Thanks for sharing.
mariamma is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mariamma For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2012, 05:26 PM   #7
WomenMoveMe

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:

Thank you amma!! Nice to have made you smile!
Old 01-02-2012, 08:55 PM   #8
WomenMoveMe

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:

Default Thank you..

To those of you that not only took the time to read my little remembrance...but also offered your 'thanks' and/or comment...I thank you!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WomenMoveMe For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2012, 11:50 AM   #9
ArkansasPiscesGrrl

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her
Relationship Status:
feeling pretty darned blissful right now!

Thanked 3,080 Times in 741 Posts
ArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by WomenMoveMe View Post
To those of you that not only took the time to read my little remembrance...but also offered your 'thanks' and/or comment...I thank you!
WMM, I thoroughly enjoyed reading your post, thank you so much!

I just think that if I had met someone like you when I was much younger, I would not have taken the long and winding road that I did to find MY truth. I didn't come out till I was 49, though I had sneaking suspicions long before then.

However, I also know I took the path that I was supposed to take, for the reasons that the Universe had for me. I may not have had my kids if I had met someone like you when I was little, and without my kids would not have had my grand-babies. So I am here NOW, and that is the important thing for this woman.

Thanks again!

APG
ArkansasPiscesGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ArkansasPiscesGrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2012, 01:22 PM   #10
WomenMoveMe

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:

APG,

Thank you! If it makes you feel any better...knowledge of what your path may be...doesn't necessarily make it easier!!

Glad you enjoyed the story...

WMM

Last edited by WomenMoveMe; 01-03-2012 at 01:23 PM. Reason: Uh-oh
The Following User Says Thank You to WomenMoveMe For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2012, 10:48 PM   #11
chai~

How Do You Identify?:
Self possessed Aquarian
Preferred Pronoun?:
Don't call me baby~
Relationship Status:
Deliciously single and loving it.

Thanked 3,383 Times in 864 Posts
chai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputation

Wonderful recollection!!!
I laughed, I cried, I blushed!!!

You are such a wonderful writer, the sharing paints pictures in my head.

I've had moments of being a pirate too!

chai~ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to chai~ For This Useful Post:
Old 01-04-2012, 02:59 AM   #12
WomenMoveMe

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:

Aha! Finally...the Miranda to my John Jerry!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chai~ View Post
Wonderful recollection!!!
I laughed, I cried, I blushed!!!

You are such a wonderful writer, the sharing paints pictures in my head.

I've had moments of being a pirate too!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WomenMoveMe For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2012, 02:35 AM   #13
chai~

How Do You Identify?:
Self possessed Aquarian
Preferred Pronoun?:
Don't call me baby~
Relationship Status:
Deliciously single and loving it.

Thanked 3,383 Times in 864 Posts
chai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputation

bwahahahahhaha!!!

She is a fierce and wicked child!
chai~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 10:28 AM   #14
WomenMoveMe

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chai~ View Post
bwahahahahhaha!!!

She is a fierce and wicked child!
You forgot adorable!!!!
Old 01-05-2012, 10:44 AM   #15
starryeyes

How Do You Identify?:
a round peg in a square hole
Preferred Pronoun?:
Guess...
Relationship Status:
Seat taken

Thanked 10,057 Times in 2,078 Posts
starryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputation

Wow that was a great story! I absolutely enjoyed reading it. You are an excellent writer! :-D

Starry
starryeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to starryeyes For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2012, 12:16 PM   #16
WomenMoveMe

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:

Thank you starry! I like that you enjoyed it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by starryeyes View Post
Wow that was a great story! I absolutely enjoyed reading it. You are an excellent writer! :-D
Old 09-07-2013, 05:05 AM   #17
WomenMoveMe

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:

Forgot about this!
Old 09-12-2013, 03:46 AM   #18
Allison W

How Do You Identify?:
TG Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Loner

Thanked 1,198 Times in 320 Posts
Allison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST Reputation

Oh my goddess that is beautiful in all of the ways and I want to share it with everybody now that I've seen it. It even makes me a little sad that I didn't get to be that kind of happy memory for a little butch in the making when I was young, but I adore it anyway!
Allison W is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Allison W For This Useful Post: