suebee

How Do You Identify?:
TOWANDA!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Queen Bee
Relationship Status:
Good 'n married.

1 Highscore

Location: Eastern Canada. But if I make a wrong turn at the lights I get stopped by a border guard.
Thanked 2,759 Times in 820 Posts
suebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtLastHome View Post
So strange. I guess it is because I know my son is grown, and responsible and makes a good living and able to take good care of himself and his family that my main concern is about things like "What to do with my fur-kids while I have joint replacement surgeries?" (long recovery times and I need four of them!). And I think about dying and making sure I have things written out about their placement and care (or the pets of my future).

LOL, you have no idea how many times I tell my son- "You have to promise you will take care of Ranocchio (my little Frog Dog, Frenchie) and take the cats to Linda (my niece who loves cats)". He gives me a bad time and says... "See, you love them more than me!" But, I know he will do these things. He is a dog lover and has 2 sweet Labs.

I am someone that has spent all of my working life in working with people and in education- all "people jobs and careers." Yet, at this time in my life, I honesly like fur-people over humans most of the time! I have less and less patience with people! Sure, my dearest friends and family, I adore. But, being with my fur-sons is best! There is no way that I will even date a woman that doesn't love both dogs and cats. Don't care how supa' she is! No pet adoration, no date!
Oh, I hear you on this one! When I was diagnosed with cancer two years ago the first thing I did was to make sure that there were people to look after my animals both during my recovery, and "just in case"! And I have got to be the luckiest woman alive, because after all that I met my girl, and she is just as big an animal lover as I am. Between the two of us we presently have seven foster kitties and seven - soon to be eight shelter/rescue dogs and cats. So they're still out there! Don't give up!
suebee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to suebee For This Useful Post: