Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Thinking Harder

View Poll Results: Please follow Instructions in OP...
US - Alaska 0 0%
US - Pacifc – Wa, Or, Ca 22 16.67%
US - Mountain – MT, Id, WY 1 0.76%
US - West central – Nd, Sd, Ne, Ks, Mo, Ia, Mn 10 7.58%
US - Great Lakes – Wi, Mi, Il, In, Oh, Mi 13 9.85%
US - South West – NV, UT, Co, AZ, NM, Tx 12 9.09%
US - West South – OK, Ar, La 4 3.03%
US - Middle South – Ky, Tn, Ms Al 6 4.55%
US - South Atlantic – Wv, Va, Nc, Sc, Ga, Fl 16 12.12%
US - East Coast – Nh, Me, Ma, Nh, Vt, Ri, Ct, Ny, Nj, Pa, De, Md, Dc 21 15.91%
Pacific Islands/Hawaii (US) 2 1.52%
Caribbean/Central America/Mexico 1 0.76%
Philippines/Micronesia 0 0%
South America 0 0%
Canada East 7 5.30%
Canada West 5 3.79%
UK/Ireland 7 5.30%
Continental and Northern Europe 0 0%
North Africa 0 0%
South Africa 1 0.76%
Middle East/West Asia 0 0%
East Asia 1 0.76%
SE Asia 0 0%
India/Packistan 0 0%
Australia/NZ 3 2.27%
Other - please state region not listed 0 0%
Voters: 132. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-22-2014, 02:03 PM   #1
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Thanked 9,727 Times in 1,613 Posts
imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation
Default The *actual* poll of Where are you From/Living

OK, actual poll... Pleeeeaaase read

why do I do this? Cause I am really interested in cultural differences, having a degree in Anthropology and having lived in a lot of different countries and regions and how certain ideologies and custom (ideas of humour/"respect"/"politeness", for example) get vastly changed from place to place. People think they are constants. And wow, they are sooooo not.

How to Pick an Option:

One: Pick *region* where you were born and spent first 18 years of life OR if not 18 years where you were born, the place you have spent The Longest Amount of Time OR if there are two, pick the one that has had the most influence on how you perceive your environment and your values.

I'll be asking family of origin in another one.

Two: Do *NOT* pick "other" cause you moved around a lot. Pick according to the region you spent your childhood or the place you spent the most time *living* - Other is for any place I may not have included out of ignorance or over site. If you spent equal time in two or more places, pick the one you think has had to most influence on your thinking.

I pick western canada because although I started living in different places when I was 19, it's still the longest I have ever spent in one place. I do notice it's values and influences where ever I move to and live - even though I've moved back and some of the cultural traits of west coast canada get on my last nerve (because I've moved around and picked up non-local norms, the majority - even just by a margin - of my values come here).

Disclaimer: I selected and grouped regions. I realise it may not be how you would. Polls are shite.
I am also tilting the regions according the US populace of the boards. That's why outside the US, the regions get meaninglessly huge. I also did not include antartica and a few other places. Please choose "other" if you are from Iceland (as I know most of you don't consider yourself to be part of Northern Europe) and be sure to slap me in an IM.

Typing disclaimer: I also slapped the typist for her lazy inconsistencies in capitolisations.

Last edited by imperfect_cupcake; 10-22-2014 at 02:26 PM.
imperfect_cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2014, 02:15 PM   #2
Gráinne

How Do You Identify?:
Neither, nada, out of the box
Preferred Pronoun?:
My name always works
Relationship Status:
Happy whatever happens

Thanked 7,246 Times in 1,416 Posts
Gráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST Reputation

I still don't see a poll. I'm born and raised in NE Ohio.
Old 10-22-2014, 02:17 PM   #3
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

because it took me 20 min to type out all the choices...
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2014, 02:21 PM   #4
TruTexan

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,268 Times in 1,633 Posts
TruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST Reputation

I picked US Southwest because I was born in Tx and live in Tx.
Old 10-22-2014, 02:50 PM   #5
Breathless
Brat Extraordinaire

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Happy

3 Highscores
Tournaments Won: 23

Thanked 4,101 Times in 958 Posts
Breathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST Reputation

I answered the poll question before reading the poll directions.. Go ahead spank me ;-) ... I said western Canada, although I have physically been here the longest, (20 in the west, 18 in the east) I am a severe North central easterner.. Way above all the great Lakes. You know the place in the world where the keys to the expensive car still hangs in the ignition and no one ever locks the house.. Where trusting thy neighbour still completely exists.

Last edited by Breathless; 10-22-2014 at 02:53 PM.
Breathless is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Breathless For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2014, 02:50 PM   #6
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,958 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Finally!

Born in southern California, and with a couple of short stays elsewhere (after age 18), i've always lived here.
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2014, 03:16 PM   #7
Femmadian

How Do You Identify?:
Femme

Thanked 2,413 Times in 362 Posts
Femmadian Has the BEST ReputationFemmadian Has the BEST ReputationFemmadian Has the BEST ReputationFemmadian Has the BEST ReputationFemmadian Has the BEST ReputationFemmadian Has the BEST ReputationFemmadian Has the BEST ReputationFemmadian Has the BEST ReputationFemmadian Has the BEST ReputationFemmadian Has the BEST ReputationFemmadian Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up

When I first voted, it said a quarter of BFPers hailed from Eastern Canada. Got all excited before I looked at the number of voters beside that percentage amount... heh.

Glad to see you're getting lots of responses. May your final sample size be large and diverse!

Old 10-22-2014, 03:17 PM   #8
Syr

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Syr

Thanked 1,130 Times in 217 Posts
Syr Has the BEST ReputationSyr Has the BEST ReputationSyr Has the BEST ReputationSyr Has the BEST ReputationSyr Has the BEST ReputationSyr Has the BEST ReputationSyr Has the BEST ReputationSyr Has the BEST ReputationSyr Has the BEST ReputationSyr Has the BEST ReputationSyr Has the BEST Reputation

Canada east or west? That's it? That's like US east or west.
Syr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Syr For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2014, 03:49 PM   #9
Words

How Do You Identify?:
Queer femme submissive
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 4,261 Times in 677 Posts
Words Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST Reputation

30 years total UK (where I was born and lived for the first 18 years) and 25 total Middle East (Lebanon, Libya, Iran, Israel).

Definitely the latter when it comes to the greatest influence.
Words is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Words For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2014, 03:51 PM   #10
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

please read disclaimer, Syr... I'm from *&^%$ canada, I know that...
There are only 30 slots. I also know that South africa and North africa is an Insane difference, to be meaningless. Decide which 4 regions on a US board, outside of US should take priority, then make your own poll *big charming smile*

Please place complaints against a meaningless and shite poll in my IM box.

Or are you taking the piss to get me girl-huffy?
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2014, 03:54 PM   #11
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

I picked south west.Living in Louisiana,I use to travel a lot but always come home.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2014, 03:54 PM   #12
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Quote:
Originally Posted by Words View Post
30 years total UK (where I was born and lived for the first 18 years) and 25 total Middle East (Lebanon, Libya, Iran, Israel).

Definitely the latter when it comes to the greatest influence.
It's a conundrum.

I did consider that complexity ... that's why I tossed in the alternate "choose which influences your sense of values etc" in the OP. though I know lots of people will click before reading lol.

But if you feel it shaped your values more than the UK, by all mean, absolutely!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2014, 04:53 PM   #13
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Well, this was anti-climatic.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2014, 05:34 PM   #14
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Iknorite!

40 min of my life now gone...

*cry*
Old 10-22-2014, 05:54 PM   #15
Words

How Do You Identify?:
Queer femme submissive
Relationship Status:
Married

Words Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybarbara View Post
It's a conundrum.

I did consider that complexity ... that's why I tossed in the alternate "choose which influences your sense of values etc" in the OP. though I know lots of people will click before reading lol.

But if you feel it shaped your values more than the UK, by all mean, absolutely!
Nooooo, I voted UK HB....I was just adding some context.

Hey, don't give up...first thread that's caught my attention in yonks
Old 10-22-2014, 06:02 PM   #16
Words

How Do You Identify?:
Queer femme submissive
Relationship Status:
Married

I don't agree that the poll is meaningless by the way. For example, I've been accused a couple of times online of being 'snooty' or even 'snarky' when I talk when in reality, all I'm doing is speaking the Queen's English. It's not like I lose sleep over it but I do think that a total disregard for regional/cultural differences plays a HUGE part in many of the problems we face as a community.
Old 10-22-2014, 06:16 PM   #17
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Quote:
Originally Posted by Words View Post
Nooooo, I voted UK HB....I was just adding some context.

Hey, don't give up...first thread that's caught my attention in yonks
Ohhh lol... Yeah, see there's that. It's hard to make more complex polls.
I'd like to make one for people who have moved around to click the two or three most influential places on their values and expression. Not sure how to do that....

I know a few places have changed me in really deep ways. And although I couldn't do the southern UK again in a place to live, I have been enculturated in ways I didn't realise till got home and felt like slapping many of the people here. Usually to do with humour and how to deal with conflict.

Southern UK, where I learned to make "sorry" and "thank you" said with a light smile or look of concern sound like "fuck. you." Lol
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2014, 06:24 PM   #18
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

As for polls in general... They are all deeply flawed. I'm kind of generalist. I see things on "big picture" kind of ways while keeping in mind limitations and exceptions. I get into a lot of fun and argy-bargy pillow fights with people who are more detail orientated.... But then I get over quick barking very quickly. I can go from "you are an ass" to "oh! Oh yeah... Ok... I'm an ass" in 6.5 seconds....

Caution label: not conflict adverse...

I personally like to blame my parents for that one lol
Old 10-22-2014, 06:50 PM   #19
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,871 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

West South, spent most of my life in Oklahoma

Albert Einstein
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 07:41 PM   #20
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,400 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

Sticking with the poll, I was born in the south west. Have spent most of my life in the south atlantic

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post: