Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > THE BUTCHFEMMEPLANET PLANET > United States Forums > Michigan Forums

Old 02-28-2010, 11:42 AM   #21
Liquefaction

How Do You Identify?:
Femme with a dash of tomboy.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Liquefaction Has the BEST ReputationLiquefaction Has the BEST ReputationLiquefaction Has the BEST ReputationLiquefaction Has the BEST ReputationLiquefaction Has the BEST ReputationLiquefaction Has the BEST ReputationLiquefaction Has the BEST ReputationLiquefaction Has the BEST ReputationLiquefaction Has the BEST ReputationLiquefaction Has the BEST ReputationLiquefaction Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by luciddreamer View Post
I am soo sorry to hear that. I moved to be with someone also..It didn't work out. However, I make friends very easily and they have become just like my extended family.
This is an awesome site..I hope that you connect with others on here and make many friends.
Friends are always there no matter what..It may not be physically..Technology is a wonderful thing..there is no reason to feel alone..

When life comes crashing down and you think there's no hope,look to your friends to bring you out from the darkness and into the light.
I am happy to hear that someone else has risked it all for love! I am sorry it didn't work out for you either and would never wish that on anyone but it makes me feel less of a fool.

When everything fell apart, believe me I was on the phone with my friends all the time, (just ask Verizon) and they all gave me what I needed, love and support. I have made new friends in the city and here. I am impressed at the level of support so many of you give, not just to me, but to each other on a daily basis. It is amazing what a kind word can do, even from someone you have never met. It has the power to make someones day better than it was before.

There are times when I feel sorry for myself and wonder why, but over the years I have learned that it is part of life to feel lonely at times and that it is OK. For me, it has allowed me to value the closeness and warmth of a friend or partner that much more! I enjoy the time we spend together and look forward to the next.
Liquefaction is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Liquefaction For This Useful Post:
Old 02-28-2010, 11:42 AM   #22
luciddreamer

How Do You Identify?:
in the middle
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her
Relationship Status:
single

luciddreamer has a brilliant futureluciddreamer has a brilliant futureluciddreamer has a brilliant futureluciddreamer has a brilliant futureluciddreamer has a brilliant futureluciddreamer has a brilliant futureluciddreamer has a brilliant futureluciddreamer has a brilliant futureluciddreamer has a brilliant futureluciddreamer has a brilliant futureluciddreamer has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strappie View Post
The one thing I tell myself about long distance relationships is. If and when you decide to move, don't move directly in with each other. Try and find a place where you can at least date for 6 months. Being able to see that person once in awhile is still the honeymoon stage and well honestly the first 6 month even year is the honeymoon stage. Things are always still cute and fun. People don't show their true colors right away.

Talking on the phone is "not" enough to know who they are and going to visit on wknds or a few days is fun, but do you really get to know them?

I'm sorry that things didn't work out for anyone that has move clear across the US or even just to another city for the one they love. This will only make you stronger and wiser next time!!

Hell yeah !!!!
luciddreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 11:51 AM   #23
Strappie

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
I know who I am... Doesn't matter
Relationship Status:
It's a new day....

Thanked 4,946 Times in 1,350 Posts
Strappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

To be alone I think is a test to ourselves...

If we can't be by ourselves how the hell will we be able to be with someone else! Those times we are alone are the times we need to reflect and think about ourselves how things in our lives have changed. I always seem to find the reasons as to why I wasn't meant to be with that person! Then I also figure out what it is I did wrong and the things I need to change to get ready for my life partner.
Strappie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Strappie For This Useful Post:
Old 02-28-2010, 11:52 AM   #24
Liquefaction

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Liquefaction Has the BEST ReputationLiquefaction Has the BEST ReputationLiquefaction Has the BEST ReputationLiquefaction Has the BEST ReputationLiquefaction Has the BEST ReputationLiquefaction Has the BEST ReputationLiquefaction Has the BEST ReputationLiquefaction Has the BEST ReputationLiquefaction Has the BEST ReputationLiquefaction Has the BEST ReputationLiquefaction Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
[COLOR="Blue"] People don't show their true colors right away.

Talking on the phone is "not" enough to know who they are and going to visit on wknds or a few days is fun, but do you really get to know them?

[COLOR]
LOL...Where were you two years ago? You could have stopped me!

We spent almost two years doing the long distance thing. The first of the many red flags didn't go up until we were packing up the cars the day before I moved.

For anyone thinking about moving for another, read and reread Strappie's post. Now, go back and read it again. lol
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Liquefaction For This Useful Post:
Old 02-28-2010, 11:58 AM   #25
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,400 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
The one thing I tell myself about long distance relationships is. If and when you decide to move, don't move directly in with each other. Try and find a place where you can at least date for 6 months. Being able to see that person once in awhile is still the honeymoon stage and well honestly the first 6 month even year is the honeymoon stage. Things are always still cute and fun. People don't show their true colors right away.

I'm sorry that things didn't work out for anyone that has move clear across the US or even just to another city for the one they love. This will only make you stronger and wiser next time!!
Aint that the damn truth
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 02-28-2010, 12:02 PM   #26
Strappie

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
It's a new day....

Strappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquefaction View Post
LOL...Where were you two years ago? You could have stopped me!

We spent almost two years doing the long distance thing. The first of the many red flags didn't go up until we were packing up the cars the day before I moved.

For anyone thinking about moving for another, read and reread Strappie's post. Now, go back and read it again. lol
lol Well I have been around the block a few times at the dash site. I have been there for 12 years. I know I'm not saying that I know all, but I do know whats right for me.

I have a friend that is here in the states and dating someone from another country. My friends gf would never be able to move her with Visa's and all it's a nightmare anyways. I'm trying to talk to her basically without say WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU THINKING! lol but oh well she and her gf will figure it out. The other country is not Canada if it was I wouldn't be pushing so hard it a little easier there than were the gf if at.
The Following User Says Thank You to Strappie For This Useful Post:
Old 02-28-2010, 12:10 PM   #27
Strappie

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
It's a new day....

Member Photo Albums

The one thing I can say is that when you do meet someone online and talk to them on the phone to me you get to know them a bit better (if you are asking the right questions) than if you were dating in person.

Like for instance you go out on a date with someone and you go to dinner. Are you really going to be asking the "deep dark" questions about hwo they feel about things or are you going to answer their questions as easily as you would without looking them directly in the eye. Sure you can get more of a feel for the person with them right there in front of you and see their expressions and so on. But are we really getting to know them with all the distractions going on around us? We have or tend to be more in tune to them on the phone and ask more in depth questions. I do like talking to ppl on the phone to get to know them I'm able to ask more questions "sooner" than maybe the 5 or 10th date. So to me talking on the phone for an hour is like 3 - 5 dates.

With all that said... Dating online to me isn't that scary what is scary to me is when it's time to do something about it. You all know what my answer is there..... Living separate for the first 6 - 12 months!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Strappie For This Useful Post:
Old 02-28-2010, 12:37 PM   #28
Liquefaction

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
The one thing I can say is that when you do meet someone online and talk to them on the phone to me you get to know them a bit better (if you are asking the right questions) than if you were dating in person.

Like for instance you go out on a date with someone and you go to dinner. Are you really going to be asking the "deep dark" questions about hwo they feel about things or are you going to answer their questions as easily as you would without looking them directly in the eye. Sure you can get more of a feel for the person with them right there in front of you and see their expressions and so on. But are we really getting to know them with all the distractions going on around us? We have or tend to be more in tune to them on the phone and ask more in depth questions. I do like talking to ppl on the phone to get to know them I'm able to ask more questions "sooner" than maybe the 5 or 10th date. So to me talking on the phone for an hour is like 3 - 5 dates.

With all that said... Dating online to me isn't that scary what is scary to me is when it's time to do something about it. You all know what my answer is there..... Living separate for the first 6 - 12 months!
I have to agree with you on this but I have found it much easier for someone to lie or at least hide the truth better when they are not looking you in the eye. But then again, some people are so good, it wouldn't matter one way or the other.

No matter how we go about it, sooner or later you do see people for who they are, good or bad. And yes, the scariest part is when you have to do something about it. Do you take that chance and risk it all or do you play it safe and wonder what if?

If I had to do it all over again, I do not know what my answer to that question would be.

Oh.....That must be one hell of a phone call if it is worth 3-5 dates!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Liquefaction For This Useful Post:
Old 02-28-2010, 12:42 PM   #29
morningstar55

How Do You Identify?:
femme,she
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her,
Relationship Status:
very single

Thanked 4,241 Times in 1,845 Posts
morningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

.. omg........ this is soo right on..
even when meeting someone in person....... as i had this experience recently . meeting someone out here and NOT on line.... well we just did the dating thing.. since well..... we met last july didnt even date until sept.. i think... and ended it into just friends only.. early this month..
and it was for the best..... for both of us.. heh.

i agree with a lot of what strappy posted here....... i like the .. IN person dating thing for a wwhile.. its the best way I feel you can get to know someone.

life is to short to wake up in the morning with regrets
so love the people who treat you right,
forget about the ones who dont,
and believe that everything happens for a reason.
If you get a chance take it... if it changes your life let it.
morningstar55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 12:43 PM   #30
Strappie

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
It's a new day....

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquefaction View Post
I have to agree with you on this but I have found it much easier for someone to lie or at least hide the truth better when they are not looking you in the eye. But then again, some people are so good, it wouldn't matter one way or the other.

No matter how we go about it, sooner or later you do see people for who they are, good or bad. And yes, the scariest part is when you have to do something about it. Do you take that chance and risk it all or do you play it safe and wonder what if?

If I had to do it all over again, I do not know what my answer to that question would be.

Oh.....That must be one hell of a phone call if it is worth 3-5 dates!
I agree, some people do lie and some people like to agree with you and say the same answers. I think it's because they are insecure. But if you ask them again later down the line you will eventually catch them.

I tend not to be afraid of asking questions. Might as well ask them rather than wonder what their answers will be.

You outta see my 3rd date!! lol
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Strappie For This Useful Post:
Old 02-28-2010, 12:46 PM   #31
morningstar55

How Do You Identify?:
femme,she
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her,
Relationship Status:
very single

morningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by luciddreamer View Post
What areas do you travel to ? Do you come to Canada?...If so where ?
Noooo....trucking is not a weekend trip...lol
haha.... i use to come to canada... but havnt since last May... due to the speed limiter thing.....
i live in Buffalo NY..... i kinda miss doing the canada tours cuz it got me home more.
when i did come to canada..... it was mostly the Ontario regions

Old 02-28-2010, 01:06 PM   #32
Liquefaction

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
I agree, some people do lie and some people like to agree with you and say the same answers. I think it's because they are insecure. But if you ask them again later down the line you will eventually catch them.

I tend not to be afraid of asking questions. Might as well ask them rather than wonder what their answers will be.

You outta see my 3rd date!! lol
You are rght!!! If there is a truth to find, you will eventually.

Hell, if one call is worth 3-5, I wanna know about your second call!!!

Wow, how off topic am I? lol
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Liquefaction For This Useful Post:
Old 02-28-2010, 05:49 PM   #33
Jeep

How Do You Identify?:
confused
Relationship Status:
YEEHAW!!!

Jeep Has the BEST ReputationJeep Has the BEST ReputationJeep Has the BEST ReputationJeep Has the BEST ReputationJeep Has the BEST ReputationJeep Has the BEST ReputationJeep Has the BEST ReputationJeep Has the BEST ReputationJeep Has the BEST ReputationJeep Has the BEST ReputationJeep Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoney View Post
helllllloooooooo...........

from michigan.... n e body else.....
Yup. Might be why I put this in the Michigan thread.
Are you a Yooper or a Troll?
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle. ~Author Unknown
Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 05:54 PM   #34
Stoney

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Butch lesbian feminist Crone
Preferred Pronoun?:
Wicked Witch
Relationship Status:
happily content

Stoney Has the BEST ReputationStoney Has the BEST ReputationStoney Has the BEST ReputationStoney Has the BEST ReputationStoney Has the BEST ReputationStoney Has the BEST ReputationStoney Has the BEST ReputationStoney Has the BEST ReputationStoney Has the BEST ReputationStoney Has the BEST ReputationStoney Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep View Post

oh yeah.....duh........right.

you so funny

pffft......whatever
Stoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 06:10 PM   #35
morningstar55

How Do You Identify?:
femme,she
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her,
Relationship Status:
very single

Quote:
???? whats that???

Old 02-28-2010, 06:34 PM   #36
Jeep

How Do You Identify?:
confused
Relationship Status:
YEEHAW!!!

Jeep Has the BEST ReputationJeep Has the BEST ReputationJeep Has the BEST ReputationJeep Has the BEST ReputationJeep Has the BEST ReputationJeep Has the BEST ReputationJeep Has the BEST ReputationJeep Has the BEST ReputationJeep Has the BEST ReputationJeep Has the BEST ReputationJeep Has the BEST Reputation

A Yooper is someone from the Upper Peninsula. A Troll is someone who lives below the Mackinac Bridge.
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle. ~Author Unknown
Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jeep For This Useful Post:
Old 02-28-2010, 06:38 PM   #37
cinderella

How Do You Identify?:
Pinky's mommy :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Su Majestad
Relationship Status:
Happy with my puppy

Thanked 1,502 Times in 637 Posts
cinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputation

Glad you asked M'Star, I was about to as well...

See, now I always thought a 'Troll' was one of those critters in Lord of the Rings...learn something new every day, lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by morningstar55 View Post
???? whats that???
cinderella is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cinderella For This Useful Post:
Old 02-28-2010, 07:35 PM   #38
Strappie

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
It's a new day....

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
A Yooper is someone from the Upper Peninsula. A Troll is someone who lives below the Mackinac Bridge.
I was going to ask too....

I'm glad I'm not living there.. I wouldn't want to be either.. lol
The Following User Says Thank You to Strappie For This Useful Post:
Old 02-28-2010, 07:54 PM   #39
morningstar55

How Do You Identify?:
femme,she
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her,
Relationship Status:
very single

Quote:

aaHHhhh .. wondering where the mackinac bridge is ... hmm
i travel to MI a lot.... and i been to that upper peninsula.. during the winter.. and got stuck there over night in a blizzard.....
wheww .. was glad to get out of there the next day.

Old 02-28-2010, 07:56 PM   #40
Stoney

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Butch lesbian feminist Crone
Preferred Pronoun?:
Wicked Witch
Relationship Status:
happily content

Stoney Has the BEST ReputationStoney Has the BEST ReputationStoney Has the BEST ReputationStoney Has the BEST ReputationStoney Has the BEST ReputationStoney Has the BEST ReputationStoney Has the BEST ReputationStoney Has the BEST ReputationStoney Has the BEST ReputationStoney Has the BEST ReputationStoney Has the BEST Reputation

I guess that makes me a troll.....

look out you billy goats gruff
Stoney is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Stoney For This Useful Post: