Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 01-29-2012, 01:40 PM   #1
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Female/Lesbian/half the athlete I used to be
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,168 Posts
Dominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess View Post
MMMM baseballllllll! Got lots of love for my cubbies <3
And apparently Wrigley Field is the Most Loved ball park in America!

As long as there was coffee in the world, how bad could things be??
Dominique is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post:
Old 01-29-2012, 01:42 PM   #2
Princess

How Do You Identify?:
princess
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her.
Relationship Status:
One singular sensation!

Thanked 4,581 Times in 1,009 Posts
Princess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST Reputation

I have a photo of Wrigley just above the headboard to my bed...i'd say thats love <3
Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Princess For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2012, 04:24 PM   #3
RNguy

How Do You Identify?:
trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He preferredably :)
Relationship Status:
the pitbull <€

Thanked 2,267 Times in 510 Posts
RNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST Reputation
Default any other reds and indians fans ?

will my reds and Indians ever be great probably not but I'm loyal to them anyhow .
RNguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 05:16 PM   #4
macele

How Do You Identify?:
a bold-assed maximus
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 3,238 Times in 849 Posts
macele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputation

i like both. i don't know much about the indians, but yeah, i like'em!
macele is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to macele For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2012, 05:54 PM   #5
tazz

How Do You Identify?:
Athlete/tomboi
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, cutie
Relationship Status:
Estoy recibiendo cómodo con él

Thanked 1,759 Times in 642 Posts
tazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputation
Default Are You Ready???

Let's GO Giants!!! Let's Go Giants!!! Let's Go Giants!!!

fuck yeah!

tazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:32 PM   #6
betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,742 Times in 2,566 Posts
betenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciaran View Post
Taking in a LA Dodgers game or two next month but looking forward to seeing the New York Yankees triumph with the 2012 World Series.
I hope you deal well with disappointment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack View Post
Verlander is my Tiger.
Did you get your box(es) of Fastball Flakes at Meijer?????
Old 04-05-2012, 03:18 AM   #7
Ciaran

How Do You Identify?:
Altocalciphilic
Preferred Pronoun?:
Papa Smurf
Relationship Status:
Curmudgeonous spinster

Thanked 3,656 Times in 602 Posts
Ciaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by betenoire View Post
I take disappointment very badly and usually sulk or throw a bit of a tantrum (or, more likely, both).

That said, whether or not the Yankees win the 2012 World Series (and I do generally believe that they have a devine right to win it each year) matters little to me and, if they fail to do so, it won't cause me any angst.

Rather my love for the Yankees is in terms of their history and imagery. As some on here already know, I am a fanatical collector of original Yankees photography from the early 1920s through to the early 1940s, with a particular interest in the 1920s era.

Attached is my most recent pick-up. It's rather appropriate as the image is from Opening Day of the season - albeit the 1924 season rather than 2012. It shows the Yankees pictured at Fenway Park, Boston on April 15 1924 in advance of a victory over the Red Sox.

The picture is of significant interest for a number of reasons. Firstly, it is the first shot of a Yankees side as reigning World Champions, having defeated the Giants in the subway series the previous October. Secondly, it was the first time in years that the Yankees had a team photo taken on Opening Day as, during this era, the Yankees and certain other teams believed in a "camera jinx" that by having a team photo taken before the pennant race was over would jinx the team through the season.

Thirdly, with the shot being taken at Fenway Park, the number of ex-Red Sox players in the squad is startling ..... not only the legendary Babe Ruth but others such as Waite Hoyt, Sam Jones, Herb Pennock, Wally Schang, Elmer Smith and Joe Dugan .... all players let go from the Red Sox by their controversial owner Harry Frazee.

Most significant to me, however, is the presence of a very young Lou Gehrig in the photo, second from left on the bottom row. Without a doubt, the greatest Yankee of all-time but, when this was shot, he was a relative unknown who didn't start to make his mark with the Yankees until 1925.

Forgive me for my departure from the current season and going back in time but it's the history of baseball that makes it great. I'll likely post a few more vintage Yankees shots over the course of the season and give some historical context to them.
Ciaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 03:55 PM   #8
Hack
Just a guy.

How Do You Identify?:
Just a guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
male
Relationship Status:
Sparkle's consort

Thanked 3,783 Times in 960 Posts
Hack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by betenoire View Post

Did you get your box(es) of Fastball Flakes at Meijer?????
No! I missed out.
Hack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hack For This Useful Post:
Old 08-11-2013, 09:13 AM   #9
pkrpower

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Relationship Status:
single....pkrpower@aol.com

pkrpower is on a distinguished road
Default Tigers

LETS GO DETROIT TIGERS