Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 01-10-2011, 08:48 PM   #61
Zimmeh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Me
Relationship Status:
I am a human and not a possession

Thanked 13,441 Times in 4,316 Posts
Zimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST Reputation

I love the song PitBull did with Enrique Iglesias! My dad was a musician, and I became a music junky as a result.

Zimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvie View Post

ahhh yes, i love Pitbull and SUPER love Nine Inch Nails, i'm a fan of Trent Reznor!! =) we have similar music tastes Zimmy, so we could swap music players every other day to change it up if we lived close to each other :P
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zimmeh For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2011, 08:50 PM   #62
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

Thanked 13,119 Times in 3,391 Posts
Soon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST Reputation
Default interesting

Why Exercise Won't Make You Thin
Soon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Soon For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2011, 08:56 PM   #63
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

yess Gemme i heard that usually once you are over that 2 week hump, it gets easier (and yay you!! must be awesome to rarely have the cravings).. i seem to cave in prior to that 2 week hump - lol !!! but, i am going to do lots of water drinking, i actually find now that im being more faithful with getting lots of water into me, my appetite isn't all too bad!
i definitely won't be trying that xenical now, eesh!
i think my biggest thing i need to work on right now, is the diet soda..
from reading everything posted, and some articiles on sparkpeople, my appetite is probably increased more with all the diet soda drinking i was doing too.. so, my best bet is to quit it.. QUIT IT LOL.. (thats a message to myself in caps) and go from there.. the rest i am pretty sure i'm getting on track with...

so my plan is, not doing this one day and another one day.. but staying firm on working on it all together, now! =)
Quote:
i've been loving how drinking more water is making me feel too..
the only way i can drink water is when it is really cold, so i usually pop the bottle into the freezer for a bit and when it gets to the point its starting to freeze, i take it out and drink it then..

i got about six 8 oz. glasses of water into me today, i may grab another now.. i know i'm constantly thirsty, but since i've been off the diet soda, i'm not excessively thirsty like i was..

do any of you's who quit drinking the soda find the same thing?
i still get thirsty often but not as much as i was before.. it was like i couldn't quench my thirst whatsoever..

YAY to all the changes we've been making!
Good for you!!!

As for the water intake, unless I'm actually in the middle of a workout, I find it hard to swallow (ha!) plain water. I found a bottled water that's not too expensive and is actually filtered (versus Aquafina, which is tap basically) and I enjoy the taste much more but I can't drink only bottled water, so I have a trick. I buy those water flavoring packets. Crystal Light and Ocean Spray make them, but so does Wal-Mart (Great Value brand) and most grocery stores that sell them have a less expensive brand too. I love the orange, apple, strawberry kiwi, grape, fruit punch, pomegranate, and white cran peach flavors.

If you opt to try these, just remember the red ones (fruit punch, pom, etc) WILL be red and stain your lips and tongue. I tend to drink those at home only.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2011, 04:32 PM   #64
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation
Default Whey Low coupon code

Hey, folks!

Today I received an email giving me a coupon code for 15% off of the above product I mentioned. I am sure that anyone can use the code, so if you are considering checking it out (www.wheylow.com), use coupon code

NEWYEAR

in the section that says "got a coupon code?", and then hit apply.

Really, it truly is the best sugar substitute I have ever tried. Hands down.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2011, 10:10 AM   #65
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

Thanked 7,501 Times in 1,850 Posts
sylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
Good for you!!!

As for the water intake, unless I'm actually in the middle of a workout, I find it hard to swallow (ha!) plain water. I found a bottled water that's not too expensive and is actually filtered (versus Aquafina, which is tap basically) and I enjoy the taste much more but I can't drink only bottled water, so I have a trick. I buy those water flavoring packets. Crystal Light and Ocean Spray make them, but so does Wal-Mart (Great Value brand) and most grocery stores that sell them have a less expensive brand too. I love the orange, apple, strawberry kiwi, grape, fruit punch, pomegranate, and white cran peach flavors.

If you opt to try these, just remember the red ones (fruit punch, pom, etc) WILL be red and stain your lips and tongue. I tend to drink those at home only.
ahh yes, we're so alike.. i cant drink the tap water, it tastes awful here in the city, and ive never much liked aquafina and i guess now i can understand why lol... i just had a bottle night before last that was in fridge, i drank about 1/4 of it and tossed the rest.. is it really like tap water?

ooo love the idea of the water flavoring packets.. i buy the crystal light juice often, its yummy.. must be same section so i will check it out, Thanks for the great idea Gemme!

my facebook weight loss page:
http://www.facebook.com/asyllyjourney
sylvie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sylvie For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2011, 10:16 AM   #66
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

sylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputation

Today will not be a gym day for me, i'm only home for a couple of hours between shifts, by the time i walk there and walk back home, then have to go back to work, i wouldnt have much time to actually work out! LOL..

but, i am going to do a workout here at home after work!
a friend also suggested some yoga DVD's i could get, i do love yoga but, the time they do the classes at the gym doesn't work for me, i'm usually at work til 7pm at night most day.. so going to look into those DVD's..

so question for you all: between walking outside, going to the gym, and other things you do for a workout that are outside of the home - on days you simply cant make time for those things, what kinds of exercises or workouts do you do at home? i really need to find some things that work for me, just to keep my motivation going, that way when i have a split shift with longer time in between, or days off, i can go to the gym no problem.. but i really need something extra for home... so just curious if you've all any ideas to throw at me!

Old 01-13-2011, 03:12 PM   #67
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
ahh yes, we're so alike.. i cant drink the tap water, it tastes awful here in the city, and ive never much liked aquafina and i guess now i can understand why lol... i just had a bottle night before last that was in fridge, i drank about 1/4 of it and tossed the rest.. is it really like tap water?

ooo love the idea of the water flavoring packets.. i buy the crystal light juice often, its yummy.. must be same section so i will check it out, Thanks for the great idea Gemme!
There was a big to do about just how filtered bottled water was and some of the brands came up short. I don't have an article or link, but I'm pretty sure that Aquafina was one of those that filtered less than the others and was, pretty much, the same out as it was coming in (the water into the filtration system, that is).

I tend to go up and down almost all the aisles versus just going to very specific aisles to shop, so I'm not positive, but I think I do see the packets on the juice aisle.

Quote:
Today will not be a gym day for me, i'm only home for a couple of hours between shifts, by the time i walk there and walk back home, then have to go back to work, i wouldnt have much time to actually work out! LOL..

but, i am going to do a workout here at home after work!
a friend also suggested some yoga DVD's i could get, i do love yoga but, the time they do the classes at the gym doesn't work for me, i'm usually at work til 7pm at night most day.. so going to look into those DVD's..

so question for you all: between walking outside, going to the gym, and other things you do for a workout that are outside of the home - on days you simply cant make time for those things, what kinds of exercises or workouts do you do at home? i really need to find some things that work for me, just to keep my motivation going, that way when i have a split shift with longer time in between, or days off, i can go to the gym no problem.. but i really need something extra for home... so just curious if you've all any ideas to throw at me!
This is the equipment I have at home. Granted, I don't use it nearly as much as I should, but it's here in case I do.

Jump rope, a 10 lb. kettlebell, the "Perfect Pushup", resistance bands, a weighted ball, and videos/dvds.

If you are trying to get SOMEthing but don't want to break the bank on it, I suggest using some things around the house. For example, use a couple of towels laid down instead buying a yoga mat (unless you have one or were going to get one anyway) or use gallon jugs of water for weights. Buy one hand weight or kettlebell and just alternate the usage with your hands and arms.

Things that are super easy to do without any real 'equipment': sit ups, crunches, and most ab work in general, very light weight training using things you have around the house, push ups (can be done on the floor with legs straight or knees bent or standing up against a wall at an angle), jumping jacks (Are you on the second or higher floor? Make sure your neighbors aren't sleeping!), planks, yoga and/or stretching. There's more but that's all my brain's allowing me to process right now.

I had an awesome workout today and am now replenishing my food stores...aka stuffing my face....

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2011, 04:33 PM   #68
Abigail Crabby

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Princess
Relationship Status:
Single, but sociable

Thanked 9,667 Times in 2,484 Posts
Abigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Good for you!!!

I totally hate tap water and can barely choke down bottled water. (water rusts yer pipes yanno) but seriously

I buy the flavored packets so that I will drink bottled water.

There is a bottled water distributed by Publix in Florida that I love with or without the flavor packets. Go figure lol

Turns whatever happens to you into a positive...
Abigail Crabby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Abigail Crabby For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2011, 04:46 PM   #69
lipstixgal

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
coupled

Thanked 1,690 Times in 1,064 Posts
lipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputation

I don't like tap water either and have my water delivered by Poland Spring in 5 gallon jugs so I have plenty of water to drink on a daily basis better then soda or other things but I do like my tea and only have that once a day..Its more economical to have it delivered to me anyway..
Old 01-13-2011, 06:57 PM   #70
Wryly

How Do You Identify?:
bemused butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
polite ones, please
Relationship Status:
single butch

Thanked 1,568 Times in 620 Posts
Wryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST Reputation

I don't drink diet sodas or add the flavour packets to water because I don't like the aftertaste of the artificial sweeteners. Usually I add a slice of lemon or lime to my water and I'm fine.
Like I said before - I don't drink coffee. But I do like tea.

A few years ago my sister was diagnosed as being borderline diabetic. She didn't change her eating habits and only rarely exercised. But now she's decided to take care of herself - eating healthier, starting to take walks.
One of the things that surprised me is that she's even willing to eat vegetarian for several meals a week. We've both been testing our blood in the mornings - mine is anywhere from 6.5 to 6.8 depending if I had a snack/Pepsi before bed. Her levels have dropped for almost 16 to 12.8!
Wryly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Wryly For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2011, 11:28 AM   #71
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

my goals today:

- sign & set up sparkpeople site.. to keep track of my weight, exercise & food intake.. its important i keep track of it somewhere..
- have already done a very early workout this morning, (and that felt so great!!) but plan on figuring out an ab workout regime as well as some more workout exercises to do at home once i'm home this evening... i have a stepper, resistance bands, some 2 lb and 3 lb weights to use as well..
- make a list of things to get to aide me in my healthy journey - some DVD's for workouts at home.. measuring tape, weight scale, mp3 player
- get a schedule of the zumba classes at my Gym, and plan around my work shifts next week and choose one zumba class to attend and try..
- also plan a workout schedule in advance around my work hours, then i'll hold myself to it, if i planned to go in the first place..
- & lastly, research some healthy snack foods, and set some rules for myself to follow

Old 01-14-2011, 11:31 AM   #72
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

Gemme thank you so much again for your tips & help!
and thank you everyone else too, you've all given me so much information - i swear each day i get more and more motivated.. before long i'll be so well equipped to make this happen, and i'm seriously soo lovin' it..

i notice small things already - like my clothing feeling a lil less tight, and my energy level soaring compared to before.. the positivity in my attitude and the increase in workout..
now i want to start keeping track of everything, i'm sooo ready for more!

Old 01-14-2011, 11:17 PM   #73
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:

my goals today:

- sign & set up sparkpeople site.. to keep track of my weight, exercise & food intake.. its important i keep track of it somewhere..
- have already done a very early workout this morning, (and that felt so great!!) but plan on figuring out an ab workout regime as well as some more workout exercises to do at home once i'm home this evening... i have a stepper, resistance bands, some 2 lb and 3 lb weights to use as well..
- make a list of things to get to aide me in my healthy journey - some DVD's for workouts at home.. measuring tape, weight scale, mp3 player
- get a schedule of the zumba classes at my Gym, and plan around my work shifts next week and choose one zumba class to attend and try..
- also plan a workout schedule in advance around my work hours, then i'll hold myself to it, if i planned to go in the first place..
- & lastly, research some healthy snack foods, and set some rules for myself to follow
Don't forget your local library! Most have several dvds that you can check out without having to purchase them.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2011, 06:06 AM   #74
Zimmeh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Me
Relationship Status:

Zimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST Reputation

Good Morning Wryly,

I am also not a fan of artificially sweetened products. I try and work out as much as I can during the week, and since college starts on Tuesday, I will be walking around the campus trying to find my classes.

Have a good day,

Zimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wryly View Post
I don't drink diet sodas or add the flavour packets to water because I don't like the aftertaste of the artificial sweeteners. Usually I add a slice of lemon or lime to my water and I'm fine.
Like I said before - I don't drink coffee. But I do like tea.

A few years ago my sister was diagnosed as being borderline diabetic. She didn't change her eating habits and only rarely exercised. But now she's decided to take care of herself - eating healthier, starting to take walks.
One of the things that surprised me is that she's even willing to eat vegetarian for several meals a week. We've both been testing our blood in the mornings - mine is anywhere from 6.5 to 6.8 depending if I had a snack/Pepsi before bed. Her levels have dropped for almost 16 to 12.8!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Zimmeh For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2011, 06:10 AM   #75
Zimmeh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Me
Relationship Status:

Good morning everyone,

My goal today is to join Weight Watchers online. I have been putting all of my calorie information into my LoseIt app and so far I am staying under my daily calorie intake of 1,200 calories a day.

Have a good day!!

Zimmy
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zimmeh For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2011, 06:52 AM   #76
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

Quote:
Don't forget your local library! Most have several dvds that you can check out without having to purchase them.
you always suggest the best of things! LOL
i didn't even think of the library actually, i was thinking on getting some books too so perfect idea, i will add that to my list of things to do this week.. the library is a hop, skip and a jump from me...

=)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sylvie For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2011, 06:57 AM   #77
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

i did an early morning workout today and feel okay, i hurt myself yesterday so probably should not have pushed it but im medicated lmao... so it eases the pain some..i did some research yesterday starting with a link Gemme shared, on ab workouts and went from there.. but i struggled with the ab part for now since i pulled muscles around the tum and back.. so i'll work on that more soon as i can.

so this morning i did a combination of stepup's, resistance workout, some cardio and finished with some ab - can we say ouch? something i definitely need to work on and increase as i go though.. today was hard to do cuz of the hurt already..
so i didn't push myself and didnt get the workout i usually do.. i thought maybe stretching it out some would be good though since i work a busy shift today - so far i dont feel so badly.. not as painful as it was when i first got up..i was very careful.
i even remembered to do my stretches, something i often forget about..

Old 01-15-2011, 07:02 AM   #78
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

ohhh , i know mad poster is back again.. LOL..
they dont call me miss gabbalot for nothing!!

question for ya's : can anyone suggest some healthy snack ideas ? i always buy some fruit, i need something crunchy and sweet or to kick those cravings.. i'm a potato chip lover and steering away from those obviously, but find i'm constantly craving those lol.

i know fresh pineapple is something that curbs my sweet tooth craving, but i can't buy enough for everyday LOL.. i need more ideas.. any suggestions you all have for snacking i'd appreciate..

Old 01-15-2011, 08:20 AM   #79
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

I have to be careful with snacking...I work from home so the kitchen is about 10 feet from my desk.

Having said that, when I do feel the craving for snacks I usually choose fruit...banana, apple, kiwi, fresh berries....or a granola bar. I love the kashi brand, and they're high in protein and fiber and whole grains and all that good stuff...they even have one that's dark chocolate and cherry and can almost make you believe it's a candy bar while still being healthy.

Other things I sometimes have....a small handful of nuts (although it's hard to stop at a handful), yogurt smoothie or a small carton of yogurt, string cheese (I get the individually wrapped ones...makes it easier to grab one and step away from the fridge ).

I love chips too....and we always have them in the house, which makes it tough. I have found that buying the single serving size (designed for lunchboxes) helps me. Again, I can grab one and walk away, and when I'm done...I'm done. I know they're wasteful on packaging, but it helps.

One thing I discovered with the diabetes is that I tended to eat on auto-pilot, and frequently didn't even taste my food. When I'm upset and doing "emotional eating" I can still find myself in that situation....with half a giant bag of BBQ chips gone and I don't even remember eating them or the flavor. I discovered that mindful eating helps. If I'm eating that snack size bag of chips, or that single square of Dove chocolate, I really focus on it....no other distractions.....I even close my eyes, and really experience the texture and flavor of what I'm eating fully. I've find my cravings are satisfied with a surprisingly tiny amount if I do this.

In other news....I haven't been as good about my walking or my diet as I like (it's been a rough week), but I still managed to lose 2 lbs. Yay!
Old 01-15-2011, 09:33 AM   #80
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,723 Times in 5,081 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

I carry snacks in my purse and gym bag. Here's some of what I like:

Extend bars (150 cals each): http://www.extendbar.com/ (keeps your hunger down and your blood sugar in check). They are sweet and filling.

Apples and nuts (love raw cashews)

Whole wheat pretzels

oranges

bananas (good for potassium)

From the health food store: dry roasted edamame dusted w/wasabi powder. These come in a pack, and one-fourth of a cup is 130 calories. Snacks should be in this range of calories up to 200. I like these because they are spicy due to the wasabi. I love spice, and it gets me to drink water. They also come in a lightly salted flavor.

Pre-bagged popcorn from the health food store.

Here are some of my fave snacks that I can't carry around:

O% fat Greek yogurt (Greek yogurt is high in protein.). FAGE is my fave brand. I have this at least once a day, usually for breakfast. It's protein packed, and I add berries or banana or raisins or dried cranberries and walnuts, along with cinnamon and flax seed, plus whole grain puffs (my fave are Kamut grain). So yummy and filling.

String cheese, raw pistachios, and an apple.

I'm a vegetarian, so I buy fake/soy "ham" and wrap a few slices around a string cheese (like a sandwich wrap) and dip it in mustard while I eat it.

Whole grain rye crisps w/melted reduced fat cheese and salsa (healthy version of nachos)

An apple w/natural PB (I actually also buy individual PB packets, to make this an "on the go" snack)

Whole grain crackers (try "Mary's gone Crackers" brand) w/hummus.

Quote:
ohhh , i know mad poster is back again.. LOL..
they dont call me miss gabbalot for nothing!!

question for ya's : can anyone suggest some healthy snack ideas ? i always buy some fruit, i need something crunchy and sweet or to kick those cravings.. i'm a potato chip lover and steering away from those obviously, but find i'm constantly craving those lol.

i know fresh pineapple is something that curbs my sweet tooth craving, but i can't buy enough for everyday LOL.. i need more ideas.. any suggestions you all have for snacking i'd appreciate..
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post: