Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 01-24-2010, 04:12 PM   #61
key

How Do You Identify?:
androgynous, gender-queer, butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
depends on person addressing me
Relationship Status:
merrily single hopefully married one day

key Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Saaaaaave Yoooourseeeeelf!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
My first thought?

I could really USE a rice cooker/steamer thingy.

My second thought?

I wonder what KIND of magazines. Two bags full could give me a ton of workable material for crafts!

My third thought?

Someone save me from myself.

Although.....I really COULD use the cooker thingy.
Believe me, I understand all three thoughts. Why do you think I have two rice steamers to begin with?

And the magazines? Maybe knowing that they are mostly political junkie type stuff (The Nation, Mother Jones) will make you feel better. Unless your work includes lots of depressing pictures of an imperialistic nation in decline...

And yes, saaaaaaave yoooooourseeeelf!!!!!
key is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 09:27 PM   #62
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by key View Post
Believe me, I understand all three thoughts. Why do you think I have two rice steamers to begin with?

And the magazines? Maybe knowing that they are mostly political junkie type stuff (The Nation, Mother Jones) will make you feel better. Unless your work includes lots of depressing pictures of an imperialistic nation in decline...

And yes, saaaaaaave yoooooourseeeelf!!!!!
Thank you! Knowing the magazines are politic effectively turned me OFF of them. However there's still that matter of a rice cooker/steamer thingy.....

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 11:59 PM   #63
Logicaly

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
She is the gamer girl to my gamer boy

Thanked 1,744 Times in 513 Posts
Logicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST Reputation

So I didn't get to get rid of as much stuff this weekend as I had hoped. However I did go through my junk box, and threw out a few things, even though a lot of stuff went back into the box, I still got rid of a little bit.

Going to have to work on getting rid of more stuff this week. I have a pile of mens clothes sitting in my bedroom that has been here for over a month now that I need to get rid of.
Logicaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 06:49 PM   #64
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logicaly View Post
So I didn't get to get rid of as much stuff this weekend as I had hoped. However I did go through my junk box, and threw out a few things, even though a lot of stuff went back into the box, I still got rid of a little bit.

Going to have to work on getting rid of more stuff this week. I have a pile of mens clothes sitting in my bedroom that has been here for over a month now that I need to get rid of.
Me either. I wound up working (see a previous post) on Sunday instead of sifting. Eh, money's good.

I did, however, get some stuff mentally lined up so that when I grab all my goodies and head to the thrift store, I can drop the plastic bags off to be recycled (I'm far from perfect with this, but I am getting better at using the cloth bags instead), a box or two for Goodwill, and a couple nicer items for the consignment shop.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 01-25-2010, 09:53 PM   #65
key

How Do You Identify?:
androgynous, gender-queer, butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
depends on person addressing me
Relationship Status:
merrily single hopefully married one day

key Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default One thing that really helps me

One thing that really helps me is to have an in-between place to put things.

The in-between place is a place where everything goes on its way out the door. It can sit there for one month, or even up to six months. But in this in-between place, I am free to go back into the stuff there if I actually need it. If I have not needed it, and therefore not gotten it out this in-between place, then I do not need it in my life right now (always remembering that I can always get more stuff later.

So I never just throw something out, oh no, that would be very traumatic for me, too abrupt. I did that once in my life (and included all artwork and writings from my tortured youth) and I really regret that now.

key is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 02:19 PM   #66
Logicaly

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
She is the gamer girl to my gamer boy

Thanked 1,744 Times in 513 Posts
Logicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST Reputation

I wish I had the space for an inbetween room. Although knowing me it would never leave that room.

That being said I spoke with my girl last night and I have come to terms with the fact that she is not ever leaving me. So that means that all those duplicate books and movies that I have been holding on to for that just incase she ever left me I can get rid of. So tonight I'm pulling out all our dupe books and movies and will arrange to sell them.

Its funny I'm getting rid of all these items and I'm still not seeing more free space. Now if I could just convince myself to get rid of at least one of my spare fish tanks. That's a hard one though, although maybe I can trade it for fish or plants...hmm that's a thought.
Logicaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 10:17 AM   #67
Duchess

How Do You Identify?:
Absolute Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Toe curling :-)

2 Highscores

Thanked 5,591 Times in 1,521 Posts
Duchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST Reputation

Old clothes, shoes and mind cobwebs..

Duchess
Old 05-01-2010, 10:23 AM   #68
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

This morning I threw out old newspapers, a broken alarm clock, and my broken glass frames.
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 10:28 AM   #69
waxnrope
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 5/27/2011
Preferred Pronoun?:
hy ho, hy ho; he, she, it, whatever
Relationship Status:
Going slow ...

Thanked 2,958 Times in 953 Posts
waxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputation

An address and some other useless reminders of my folly...
waxnrope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 01:15 AM   #70
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

A guest got rid of a couple of bags of clothes...to me and the other employees.

To be fair to myself, I only took a couple of things and that's because they are Eddie Bauer and tre cute.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 05-02-2010, 03:42 AM   #71
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

A very dark cloud.

Next week will be overdue spring cleaning. House, sheds, barn. I'm actually thinking of becoming a minimalist. The less you have the less to worry about and clean. I'd much rather spend any free I do have doing something other then cleaning.
Old 05-02-2010, 03:45 AM   #72
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
My first thought?

My second thought?

I wonder what KIND of magazines. Two bags full could give me a ton of workable material for crafts!

My third thought?

Not to go off topic here but rice cooker is a must. If you want a great rice cooker spend a little more and get Aroma that has a brown rice setting. Perfect brown rice.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2010, 04:34 AM   #73
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by key View Post
One thing that really helps me is to have an in-between place to put things.

The in-between place is a place where everything goes on its way out the door. It can sit there for one month, or even up to six months. But in this in-between place, I am free to go back into the stuff there if I actually need it. If I have not needed it, and therefore not gotten it out this in-between place, then I do not need it in my life right now (always remembering that I can always get more stuff later.

So I never just throw something out, oh no, that would be very traumatic for me, too abrupt. I did that once in my life (and included all artwork and writings from my tortured youth) and I really regret that now.

I collect things, art mostly or rocks and big crystals. I collect wooded bowls and other odd kitchen things. One year I decided I was getting rid of everything. I had a yard sale and gave a bunch away. Later it all hit me and I couldn't believe how attached I let myself get to all those "things". I still have that. Its not as bad but each year I want less.
Old 05-03-2010, 06:13 AM   #74
freyja

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

freyja has much to be proud offreyja has much to be proud offreyja has much to be proud offreyja has much to be proud offreyja has much to be proud offreyja has much to be proud offreyja has much to be proud offreyja has much to be proud offreyja has much to be proud of

Has anyone seen this site yet?

www.throwoutfiftythings.com

Time to rid myself of "life plaque".

freyja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 06:24 AM   #75
freyja

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

freyja has much to be proud offreyja has much to be proud offreyja has much to be proud offreyja has much to be proud offreyja has much to be proud offreyja has much to be proud offreyja has much to be proud offreyja has much to be proud offreyja has much to be proud of

It appears that throwing out FIFTY things is not as easy as one might think.
So......who would like to join me in the challenge of throwing out fifty things? And recording what they tossed here at BFP?
I am ready to go. Are you?
freyja is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to freyja For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2010, 04:46 PM   #76
femmedyke

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her

femmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputation

I'm absolutely tickled to find this thread. Lately I have been reminding myself that *less* is part of the word blessed. Sounds so silly... but it's a good reality check for myself. I have found that the older I get I am a lot less materialistic than I was in younger years... though maybe it's really just that my taste has become a little more expensive

All that aside today I purged my closet...and it felt pretty amazing. I only filled one small bag but it's still a good start. Next I'd like to start on getting rid of some of those small trinkets and shoe boxes full of letters and old memories. Does anyone else have that kind of stuff? What do you think about holding onto ephemera? It feels like it's kind of silly stuff to hold onto.. especially since I rarely ever take the time to go back through it.

Quote:
It appears that throwing out FIFTY things is not as easy as one might think.

I am ready to go. Are you?
Very cool site, thanks so much for sharing! I'm totally game.
Old 05-03-2010, 06:43 PM   #77
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

Love this thread...thank you!

I'm getting ready to move and have been steadily clearing my house of 9 years of accumulated clutter...and it feels magnificent.

I've given away a car full of books and kids' videos (seriously, a car full...there was only room for me to drive) to a library in a poor part of town. The look on the kids' faces when they saw the videos was fantastic, and the librarian looked like she was gonna cry.

I've also given away 3 window air conditioners, a BBQ grill, a garden hose and reel, some folding chairs, about 10 lawn-size bags of clothes, kid toys, kitchen stuff....you name it.

Some I donated to charity; some I gave to friends. Some things I just hauled out to the curb and let whoever wanted to haul it away take it. I live on a busy street (8000 cars a day baby)....so it's the perfect way to recycle. I have yet to put anything out there...no matter how strange...and have it last more than a few days. Most things are gone in a matter of 15 minutes or less.

The more I get rid off...the more I feel like getting rid off. There's less to clean, less to fix, less to find a place for. I find that I actually need and use very few things on a daily basis. And my new mantra is "If I haven't used it in a year, then someone else probably will"....and out it goes.

I've cleared an amazing amount of stuff out of here....and still have more to go.

If it's not useful or beautiful or making me smile....then it doesn't need to be in my house!
Old 05-03-2010, 07:09 PM   #78
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,399 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

Well I got rid of the stitches last week but I finally got rid of the damn itching today
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 10:27 AM   #79
femmedyke

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her

femmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputation
Default Becoming Minimalist

A great website if you're interested. > click <
Old 05-09-2010, 10:44 AM   #80
Strappie

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
I know who I am... Doesn't matter
Relationship Status:
It's a new day....

Thanked 4,946 Times in 1,350 Posts
Strappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
My first thought?

My second thought?

My third thought?

You can have mine, I NEVER have used it. Mainly because I don't know how.. lol
Strappie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Strappie For This Useful Post: