Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > THE BUTCHFEMMEPLANET PLANET > Europe Forums

Old 11-08-2015, 09:30 PM   #1
dykeumentary

How Do You Identify?:
butch dyke

Thanked 1,547 Times in 359 Posts
dykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputation
Default Scotland

Queer Women in Love: Virgin Machine (Glasgow)
November 10 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
The Glad Cafe
£5

Presented by SQIFF
Scottish Queer International Film Festival
In this early film by director Monika Treut, wannabe writer and journalist Dorothee leaves Germany for San Francisco searching for her long-lost mother and some insights into the ailment known as love. Encounters with male impersonator Ramona, charming bohemian Dominique, and purveyor of lesbian erotica, Susie Sexpert, result in liberating adventures in sexual self-discovery. When Dorothee surfaces a little dazzled on the wilder shores of the city’s lesbian community, she has discovered her sexuality…and left her illusions of romance behind.

Screening with short films Fingers by Sandra Alland and 1987, Summer by Krissy Mahan. Fingers features a British Sign Language (BSL) poetry performance by Alison Smith about love, longing, and the sexiness of touch. 1987, Summer is about a a baby dyke who has landed in a gay resort town during the AIDS crisis. She plays softball, goes clubbing, sleeps with lots of women, and learns about who she is and what she wants.

Director of Fingers Sandra Alland will join us for a Q&A (BSL interpreted).

Ages 18+ only.

£5. To book tickets please use the button below. We have a number of free tickets to give away. If you can’t afford the ticket price for any reason, please email helen@sqiff.org or call 07735 273 245 to register for free entry.

BSL interpretation. Films screening with English subtitles for accessibility (short film Fingers also in BSL). The Glad Cafe is a wheelchair accessible venue: level access to building with a ramp to access the screening area and an accessible toilet. To book a place for a wheelchair, please contact the venue on 0141 636 6119.

Part of SQIFF presents: Queer Women in Love, a season of films by and about lesbian, bisexual, and queer women. Part of BFI LOVE, in partnership with Plusnet bfi.org.uk/love.
Details

Date:
November 10
Time:
7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Cost:
£5
Event Category:
Films
Event Tags:
Glasgow, Queer Women in Love
Organizer

SQIFF
Venue

The Glad Cafe
1006a Pollokshaws Road
Glasgow, G41 2HG United Kingdom
+ Google Map
http://www.thegladcafe.co.uk/
dykeumentary is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dykeumentary For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2015, 10:02 PM   #2
Angeltoes

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Nunya

Thanked 5,525 Times in 1,386 Posts
Angeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST Reputation

Are you going to see that? I want to go to Scotland! It looks amazing.
Angeltoes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Angeltoes For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2015, 10:38 PM   #3
dykeumentary

How Do You Identify?:
butch dyke

dykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputation

1987, Summer
Although I wish we could all go watch my movie in Scotland, you might have to watch it at the link above.
It is a real honor to be part of such a prestigious film event.
Maybe one day I'll fly around the world to see my butch/femme movies everywhere!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dykeumentary For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2015, 11:11 PM   #4
Angeltoes

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Nunya

Thanked 5,525 Times in 1,386 Posts
Angeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST Reputation

That was really good! I laughed so hard at the girlfriend part. It reminded me of myself just a tiny bit....

Congratulations!
Angeltoes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Angeltoes For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2015, 06:54 AM   #5
dykeumentary

How Do You Identify?:
butch dyke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angeltoes View Post
That was really good! I laughed so hard at the girlfriend part. It reminded me of myself just a tiny bit....

Congratulations!
Thank you for your kind words.
I'm glad you laughed. When I make these little movies I'm trying to find bits of common experience.
Another thing that motivates me to tell stories about what it was like for me is because I don't see the lives of my friends and me on screen. In the 80s almost everyone seemed to have a crappy hourly-wage job, went to the bar every night, played in leagues for fun and dates, and got all their news at the club. But if researchers from outer space looked at movies about butches.... I'm not sure they'd know they exist. There's Queen Latifah in "Set It Off." Another film in the SQIFF Queer Women In Love series, "Stud Life."
What are others?!
The Following User Says Thank You to dykeumentary For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2017, 01:40 AM   #6
Deborah*

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
single and not looking

Deborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST Reputation
Default Hurricane Ophelia - Scotland

I hope everyone in Scotland staysafe in the hurricane which BBC online says will arrive at 02:00 Tuesday. Please be careful. Please hurry and get food, etc. very soon. The winds are predicted to be 130km/h.

Deborah
Deborah* is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
glasgow