Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Support: Abuse, Addiction, Coping

Old 05-19-2011, 04:50 PM   #161
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
Congrats on the first step!

And yes, you are just as much a non-smoker as anyone who uses the patch, the gum, or the lozenge.

CONGRATULATIONS MISS NON-SMOKER!!!!!!

This brought TEARS to my eyes i kid you not!!!!!!!!!!!

tytytytytytytytytytytyty.
Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2011, 05:03 PM   #162
julieisafemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married to Greyson

Thanked 3,445 Times in 660 Posts
julieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessbelle View Post
First Congratulations to all the non smokers!!!!

I am one of the last people to smoke on the face of this planet i do believe. Sooooooooooo many have quit and i've held on, i've continued, i've thought i'll be the last one that smokes and will have to grow my own tobacco secretly in a cave in the mountains and protect it with a bb gun or darts. I am stubborn to the core and really thought they would carry me away in a pine box with smoke coming out of it cause i'd find a way to smoke when i left here.

But, it's been on my mind a lot. Number one cancer runs strongly in my family and i had a recent scare myself and thank God i am ok. Number two i'm a respiratory nurse (you'd think i'd know better) and three omg the cost!!!!!

Today i made a huge leap. Today i bought electronic cigarettes. I honestly didn't give it much hope. I thought it would be like so many other things in life which has been a disappointment when it came down to helping me quit.

However, i'm BLOWN AWAY. These things ROCK. They are strongggggg even stronger than the brand i smoked. They are non toxic to the air and people around me. I am still getting the nicotine but not the carbon monoxide and not the tar. I really believe i could totally do this and not pick up my pack anymore. Huge surprise as to the taste and feel.

It is a start right? Am i a non smoker now? I feel like i am but i feel like i'm cheating with the e-ciggs. Either way it has GOT to be better than what i was doing, right?
Belle I did not know you smoked! I am trying to quit the 3 cigarette every few days habit that keeps lingering. It is just so hard. Harder than it was to quit a pack a day 20 some years ago. I have never gone back to a pack a day.

I have been tempted to try the e-cigs. What brand did you get?
julieisafemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to julieisafemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2011, 05:22 PM   #163
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieisafemme View Post
Belle I did not know you smoked! I am trying to quit the 3 cigarette every few days habit that keeps lingering. It is just so hard. Harder than it was to quit a pack a day 20 some years ago. I have never gone back to a pack a day.

I have been tempted to try the e-cigs. What brand did you get?
OMG girlfriend!!!!!!! I hear you!!!! Yeah i didn't exactly advertise that i smoked. I am/was ashamed of it especially since many know i'm a nurse. Not that medical people don't smoke but well....it's embarassing to me.

I've smoked Virginia Slims bout one pack per day for 30 years. Wow 30 years.

Anyway hon, to answer your question I bought the NJoy ones. I went to a truck stop cause that is where my boss got hers and recommended it to me. However, i looked online at NJoy.com and it's the same price pretty much. I first tried Walgreens and places like that. Some had e-ciggs but not the ones with the vabor that i knew i HAD to have.

I paid 29.95 for one ciggy and two filters and then bought 5 more filters for 19.95 more. I was paying around 60 bucks a carton for my Virginia Slims per week. From what i'm reading the filters should/could last several days each. And the e-cigg just charges and then you reuse.

Doing that math and it's a guess-ta-ment. It will be saving me over 200 per month!!!

Honestly Julie, i HIGHLY recommend this. I have not had a ciggy now for about 6 hours and this e-cigg is every bit as fullfulling as the real ones. I would have smoked about 10-12 cigs by now. Do it girl....you will be SHOCKED how much like smoking they are.

I should have done this long ago!!!!!

I am so excited!!!!!!!!!!! Let me know if you do it and i'll dance in circles for you!!!!!
Maya Angelou
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2011, 05:48 PM   #164
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Oh and one more thing i want to mention.

E-Ciggs are not approved by the FDA. They wanted to ban them primarily from what i read, because they say they promote smoking and will actually cause people to use these that don't smoke. There are also tests that say some E-ciggs contain harmful additives and toxins.

I, personally, not from a medically professional opinion, but from a smoker opinion, have my doubts about these "findings". Think for a second how much money the states and on a federal level will lose in taxes if everyone quit smoking.

There are deals and under the table things going on IMO to keep us all hooked.

Again, my opinion, but i didn't want to go out there and suggest someone get these without stating there are warnings including a non FDA approval at present. Enter at your own risk, i suppose. But, i've entered and i'm glad i have. Again, not a professional opinion but an opinion of a woman with a habit that i am sick to death of....

Just FYI
Maya Angelou
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2011, 05:59 PM   #165
julieisafemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married to Greyson

julieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Oh and one more thing i want to mention.

E-Ciggs are not approved by the FDA. They wanted to ban them primarily from what i read, because they say they promote smoking and will actually cause people to use these that don't smoke. There are also tests that say some E-ciggs contain harmful additives and toxins.

I, personally, not from a medically professional opinion, but from a smoker opinion, have my doubts about these "findings". Think for a second how much money the states and on a federal level will lose in taxes if everyone quit smoking.

There are deals and under the table things going on IMO to keep us all hooked.

Again, my opinion, but i didn't want to go out there and suggest someone get these without stating there are warnings including a non FDA approval at present. Enter at your own risk, i suppose. But, i've entered and i'm glad i have. Again, not a professional opinion but an opinion of a woman with a habit that i am sick to death of....

Just FYI
Ah Belle! Considering the big fat warning on regular cigarettes has done no good whatsoever to deter me I am thinking I might have to give these a try. I am hoping it is at least less bad than the real thing! Wow how sad is that?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to julieisafemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2011, 09:54 PM   #166
gaea

How Do You Identify?:
femme

Thanked 14,363 Times in 3,381 Posts
gaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputation
Default Congrats Princess

woo hoo for you princess...

trust me when i say you will have your moments and you can get all kinds of crabby and even want to say screw it a time or two

If your on fb get the quitometer...

if you cant find it see if julie can send it to you

again congrats....

Courage: the willingness to risk who you are for who you want to be and what you have for what you want

You're not who your past says you are, you are who you choose to be today moving forward.
gaea is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gaea For This Useful Post:
Old 05-20-2011, 06:12 AM   #167
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieisafemme View Post
Ah Belle! Considering the big fat warning on regular cigarettes has done no good whatsoever to deter me I am thinking I might have to give these a try. I am hoping it is at least less bad than the real thing! Wow how sad is that?
Be careful, Julie. You don't want to actually take more nicotine in than what you already take. I don't know how easy it is to regulate e-cigs and if you are only having a few cigs every few days, using the e-cig could end up increasing your nicotine habit!

I would suspect that your habit at this point is more psychological than physical and I would approach it from that viewpoint and not from a physical/psychological standpoint. Use a toothpick in your mouth or one of those "blank" cigarrettes in place of a real cig., not something that adds nicotine to your body! You could become more addicted!

You need to work through the psychological "withdrawal" so to speak, not the physical one, IMHO.

Whatever you decide, Good Luck!

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 05-20-2011, 10:38 AM   #168
julieisafemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married to Greyson

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Be careful, Julie. You don't want to actually take more nicotine in than what you already take. I don't know how easy it is to regulate e-cigs and if you are only having a few cigs every few days, using the e-cig could end up increasing your nicotine habit!

I would suspect that your habit at this point is more psychological than physical and I would approach it from that viewpoint and not from a physical/psychological standpoint. Use a toothpick in your mouth or one of those "blank" cigarrettes in place of a real cig., not something that adds nicotine to your body! You could become more addicted!

You need to work through the psychological "withdrawal" so to speak, not the physical one, IMHO.

Whatever you decide, Good Luck!
Oh absolutely it is mostly psychological. Nicotine is a helpful part of managing my OCD when I need a little steam valve. Too long and involved to go into here but that is one role that is plays. Also it is hugely helpful in stuffing emotions and creating a "f$%# you" veil of smoke to hide behind.

I had heard that about the e-cigs too. I would get the lowest possible strength.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to julieisafemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-20-2011, 03:34 PM   #169
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

I am now 27 hours smoke free from a pack or more a day smoker habit. I am so proud of myself i'm gonna give myself something special with the money i save just this week alone.

Oh and Julie....they have completely nicotine free ones as well. The idea is to decrease and decrease and finally just have the feel of the ciggie and the smoke (harmless vabor) without any nicotine at all. Maybe you should do that. Just a suggestion.

I'm not crabby yet. Well, i don't think i am.

Why are you looking at my post like that, you have a problem? LOL just kidding. I'm my normal self...i think, how can you tell? OMG now i'm paranoid. I was smoking right handed not left handed ciggies...promise

Again, wonderful thread and it's helped me so much. Couldn't wait to get home and post!!!!!

xoxoxoxoxo
Maya Angelou
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post:
Old 05-20-2011, 11:23 PM   #170
Just_G

How Do You Identify?:
Butch, Switch, Comedian...G...whichever.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He....with an e!
Relationship Status:
I'll take kinky & twisted for $200, Alex!!

Tournaments Won: 1

Thanked 6,165 Times in 1,450 Posts
Just_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST Reputation

Wooo hooo, keep it up quitters!! Heh, that sounds funny to say!

This past Tuesday I hit the 8 week mark of not smoking. Not one cigarette...have not caved in like I thought I would! I almost had one last night because I had some drama yesterday that made me want to blow my top, but I didn't do it. I had a cigarette in my hand. (a friend was over for a glass of wine on the patio and to listen to me vent...she had smokes with her.) I handed it back to her. I decided that the one stirring up the drama does NOT get the power to make me cave in to smoking again!!

I think I have gotten past or over a huge hurdle!
Old 05-23-2011, 05:34 PM   #171
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

On day five....

I've noticed these things....

I can certainly smell smoke now. Even in a store today i smelled it on someone that was standing next to me.

I believe, even though i'm using the E-ciggs, i am in withdrawal. I am not exactly myself....a little more jumpy, a little less patience, a little bit of a "down" feeling. I'm not PMSin...so i'll blame it on the ciggs.

I'm hanging in there though and i know i can do this.

This time is THE time.

Keep up the good work all!!!!!!!!!! Those of you weeks, months, years you blow me away....so very PROUD OF YOU!!!!!
Maya Angelou
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2011, 03:30 PM   #172
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,957 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
On day five....

I can certainly smell smoke now. Even in a store today i smelled it on someone that was standing next to me.

I believe, even though i'm using the E-ciggs, i am in withdrawal. I am not exactly myself....a little more jumpy, a little less patience, a little bit of a "down" feeling. I'm not PMSin...so i'll blame it on the ciggs.

This time is THE time.

Keep up the good work all!!!!!!!!!! Those of you weeks, months, years you blow me away....so very PROUD OF YOU!!!!!

Congrats!!!
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2011, 03:42 PM   #173
Daktari

That's brilliant Just_G, well done for not caving and having a cig, once you've got over that hump you know you can deal with stress without resorting to cigs again....it's great when you see the weeks of being nicotine free build up too huh? There comes a time where you even forget how long it is. I remember my quit date but lost track of the weeks at about month 9.

Woohooo princessbelle, go you! Stick in there you really can do it. Keep us posted on progress

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2011, 12:13 PM   #174
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

One week today. I no longer have any ciggs in my house. My ashtrays are now all cleaned and put away.

These are things that i still struggle at the end of week one....
Still want a cigg but not near as much as i did last week.
Every once in a while have that "panic" feeling of OMG i dont' have any ciggs in the house.
The "habit" after eating, drinking coffee, driving is still aching in there.
Still getting the nicotine from the E-cigg but it's decreasing daily.

These are good things....
I can really smell my candles way better than i did before and they are delightful.
I am going way longer than i was a week ago before i use my e cigg.
My nerves and patience are way better than even just a few days ago.
I've been through my first semi crises (spraining my ankle) and didn't go back to smoking.
My skin looks brighter with a little glow like when your preggy.
First thing i thought of when i work up this morning was "i hope the sun shines a lot today" and not "i need a ciggerette".

Horray.
Maya Angelou
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2011, 03:13 PM   #175
Daktari

Quote:
One week today. I no longer have any ciggs in my house. My ashtrays are now all cleaned and put away.

These are things that i still struggle at the end of week one....
Still want a cigg but not near as much as i did last week.
Every once in a while have that "panic" feeling of OMG i dont' have any ciggs in the house.
The "habit" after eating, drinking coffee, driving is still aching in there.
Still getting the nicotine from the E-cigg but it's decreasing daily.

These are good things....
I can really smell my candles way better than i did before and they are delightful.
I am going way longer than i was a week ago before i use my e cigg.
My nerves and patience are way better than even just a few days ago.
I've been through my first semi crises (spraining my ankle) and didn't go back to smoking.
My skin looks brighter with a little glow like when your preggy.
First thing i thought of when i work up this morning was "i hope the sun shines a lot today" and not "i need a ciggerette".

Horray.

Magic! You are doing so well princessbelle. You'll be off that e-cig before you know it. I'm so glad you're seeing positive results so soon.

One thing I've only really noticed recently, after over a year not smoking, is that I haven't had a tooth abcess or infection for the same length of time. I used to get 3 or 4 a year. Result!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2011, 05:22 PM   #176
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Keep it up, princessbelle!

And throw away those ashtrays! No need for them anymore and smoking visitors can smoke outside and take their butts with them!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2011, 05:40 PM   #177
Daktari

I allow folks to smoke in my house. It's an important point to me...just because I've stopped doesn't mean to say they have to.

I have to add I"m anosmic. I can't smell. This must help greatly in this.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2011, 06:46 PM   #178
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incubus View Post
I allow folks to smoke in my house. It's an important point to me...just because I've stopped doesn't mean to say they have to.

I have to add I"m anosmic. I can't smell. This must help greatly in this.
Even when I smoked I smoked outside.

The Following User Says Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2011, 06:54 PM   #179
Daktari

Quote:
Even when I smoked I smoked outside.
Never been the case in this house. If you use rolling tobacco for your joints that's fine unless you smoke tailor-mades which means the doorstep.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2011, 07:01 PM   #180
Ebon

How Do You Identify?:
With my souls eyes.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
lol

Thanked 11,145 Times in 2,755 Posts
Ebon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
On day five....

This time is THE time.

Stay strong! I quit cold turkey 4 months ago. I even had someone smoke in front of me and I didn't want anything to do with it. In fact I thought wow that smells pretty bad(no offense to anyone that does smoke). It's hard as hell but if you want to beat it you can.

I'm a Soul Rebel

http://wannabereverend.wordpress.com/

Spirituality is not a belief system or ideology, it is the surrender of one's ego to the infinite wisdom and knowledge that is the universe.
Ebon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ebon For This Useful Post: