Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 04-24-2015, 12:04 PM   #1
Mormegil

How Do You Identify?:
just myself
Preferred Pronoun?:
meh
Relationship Status:
single

Mormegil Has the BEST ReputationMormegil Has the BEST ReputationMormegil Has the BEST ReputationMormegil Has the BEST ReputationMormegil Has the BEST ReputationMormegil Has the BEST ReputationMormegil Has the BEST ReputationMormegil Has the BEST ReputationMormegil Has the BEST ReputationMormegil Has the BEST ReputationMormegil Has the BEST Reputation
Default selecting a internet hotspot device

So im looking into getting a hotspot device for myself. I would only be using it for looking up information on the internet , chatroom etc. not downloading. mass files or anything. so pretty casual internet use.

thing is there are so many of these devices i have no clue what to look into. i tried reading about them but that didnt help much. i know ill have to buy the device which is usually $50-100. one i saw had free internet up to 500mb which is almost like nothing but there again i wouldnt be gaming on it or anything.

i just dont know how much data is used when lets say in the chatroom here or just general internet searching or fb without streaming videos.
i have been tethering my cell to my laptop to try to chat on here but lose connection to much and my cell for some reason wont run the chatroom without having a seisure. also my service provider wouldnt be happy if they found out...lol

any tips or advice
Old 04-24-2015, 12:21 PM   #2
The Oopster

How Do You Identify?:
transgender male
Preferred Pronoun?:
he

2 Highscores

Thanked 2,655 Times in 759 Posts
The Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mormegil View Post
So im looking into getting a hotspot device for myself. I would only be using it for looking up information on the internet , chatroom etc. not downloading. mass files or anything. so pretty casual internet use.

thing is there are so many of these devices i have no clue what to look into. i tried reading about them but that didnt help much. i know ill have to buy the device which is usually $50-100. one i saw had free internet up to 500mb which is almost like nothing but there again i wouldnt be gaming on it or anything.

i just dont know how much data is used when lets say in the chatroom here or just general internet searching or fb without streaming videos.
i have been tethering my cell to my laptop to try to chat on here but lose connection to much and my cell for some reason wont run the chatroom without having a seisure. also my service provider wouldnt be happy if they found out...lol

any tips or advice
Do you have a smart phone? Most smart phones can be used as a hotspot. With sprint I had to pay extra (I think $50 for unlimited data) with Verizon it's part of my plan and I just pay for how much data I think is best for me. I started with 2 gs and moved up to 4. I probably could go down to 2 however I need it for work and paying bills so am staying with the 4 gbs.
The Oopster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The Oopster For This Useful Post:
Old 04-24-2015, 03:42 PM   #3
Mormegil

How Do You Identify?:
just myself
Preferred Pronoun?:
meh
Relationship Status:
single

Mormegil Has the BEST ReputationMormegil Has the BEST ReputationMormegil Has the BEST ReputationMormegil Has the BEST ReputationMormegil Has the BEST ReputationMormegil Has the BEST ReputationMormegil Has the BEST ReputationMormegil Has the BEST ReputationMormegil Has the BEST ReputationMormegil Has the BEST ReputationMormegil Has the BEST Reputation

No i dont ,I have a Galaxy Centura through straight talk. i got it back when i had a real shitty job so its all i could afford . Have a better job now so considering a upgrade. ill look into what you recommended thanks.