Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,383 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz View Post
How 'bout a farm with a McDonalds and a shoe store?
The shoe store might help and maybe a bagle place with great coffee? Oh and no actual farming, fishing, hunting...maybe a pool and a hot tub?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachita View Post
you hit the nail on the head for me. Although I could live happily with people I love in a poly household, I most likely would look for a deeper connection with one I was in love with. When I'm in that space I see no one else.

but until then..... love the one your with!
I have really deep connections with several people, I wonder if piling all that expectation on one person (me) is more than I can handle. Maybe if there were more than just me to help carry the load, I would not feel so guilty when I am not perfect, or all there, or traveling a lot...etc...
Old 07-31-2011, 04:34 PM   #42
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,957 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

This is what I love about multiple partner marriages...

Syr and love fishing, my Sister well she likes to be in the boat but not so much of fishing..so she prefers not to go most times..

Syr and I go out fishing, Sister stays home minding the dog pack and doing her personal chores etc. We call her when we are on the way home and she makes warm coffee and crepes for us..

She is our little fishing cheerleader from home, very glad that Syr and I are doing what we like to do, and she is happy to help by minding the farm while we are out there...

That is what poly is about to me, everyone doing what they like to do and coming together at the end of the day...
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 08-03-2011, 07:23 PM   #43
NorCalStud

How Do You Identify?:
gaea's Daddy and Fiance
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ours
Relationship Status:
Engaged with gaea:-)

Thanked 1,465 Times in 359 Posts
NorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST Reputation

I like communal living. I have done it before. It works. I have a goal of being as loving toward people as possible...no holding bak. I'm into love and expressing it when felt. Not sexual love with others more spiritual. I notice as humans we seem afraid to show how we feel or if we do lovingly take someone's face in hands, look rite into their eyes and say I love you and you rock and that is it..love expressed thru voice and no sexual expression..then it seems confusing and generally needs talking about. We are learning, hopefully, how to be together in this wonderful lifetime. Xxoo
NorCalStud is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to NorCalStud For This Useful Post:
Old 08-03-2011, 08:21 PM   #44
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,367 Times in 4,171 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

i am poly, but i am a submissive to both of the other people in the relationship. They are married to one another. They are both women, one butch and one femme.

i am not like Sassy in that i am not another partner. i also don't live with them.

Poly has been good for me. My last two relationships were poly. Poly works when the relationships work, i find. Just like any other relationship. If you are getting your needs met and are having a good time, the poly drama is usually not that distracting. If things aren't working out, it's just one more damn thing to make it miserable.
Martina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Martina For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2011, 11:04 AM   #45
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martina View Post
i am poly, but i am a submissive to both of the other people in the relationship. They are married to one another. They are both women, one butch and one femme.

i am not like Sassy in that i am not another partner. i also don't live with them.

Poly has been good for me. My last two relationships were poly. Poly works when the relationships work, i find. Just like any other relationship. If you are getting your needs met and are having a good time, the poly drama is usually not that distracting. If things aren't working out, it's just one more damn thing to make it miserable.
Does being in the relationship with the married couple meet your needs? What would be ideal for you?

The pagans have a great hand fasting phrase- "Love as thy will until you love no more." IN essence it really means until the passion leaves. But IMO perhaps love is always present. Does sex create a deeper love bond or are we simply romanticizing lust and passion? Because too often the passion goes and soon after the love seems to dissolve.

I love the idea of communal living but I'm unsure if I can do it. For me to share space with almost anyone, at this a point in my life, I must share the same values. All relationships have a meeting of the minds even if its clouded by passion at times. Its when you sudden realize you have nothing else in common that you step back and reevaluate the relationship.

I wonder if people have poly type arrangements without sex? It seems to me this would be an intense journey and one full of commitment.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2011, 09:27 PM   #46
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Does being in the relationship with the married couple meet your needs? What would be ideal for you?
It does. i frequently seek out a position as the second. i am an only child and a crone. i need my independence. Ironically, this gives me that. i also get to love and devote myself to an appreciative Other. Others in this case. Ma'am and Sir come before most things. But i have a life separate from them. A happy life of work and friends. i kinda need that.

When i was partnered, i'd get into these codep relationships in which i'd give and give and my girlfriend would suck me dry. In D/s, i get to devote myself to another, worship Them, do almost anything for Them, and They make sure i don't get lost in that. They don't take it all as some of my lovers have done. They make sure i have a healthy balanced life.
Old 08-10-2011, 06:03 AM   #47
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
It does. i frequently seek out a position as the second. i am an only child and a crone. i need my independence. Ironically, this gives me that. i also get to love and devote myself to an appreciative Other. Others in this case. Ma'am and Sir come before most things. But i have a life separate from them. A happy life of work and friends. i kinda need that.

When i was partnered, i'd get into these codep relationships in which i'd give and give and my girlfriend would suck me dry. In D/s, i get to devote myself to another, worship Them, do almost anything for Them, and They make sure i don't get lost in that. They don't take it all as some of my lovers have done. They make sure i have a healthy balanced life.
You know that makes sense to me. I also think that is why so many people get caught up in long distance online relationships. I'm sure its the original intent but they can have all the feelings of love, passion, devotion and belong without the day to day responsibility of a relationship.

One of the main reasons I feel I am not in a relationship is that I don't want to give up my "space" and the truth is that I can spend days a lone. You can be in the same house with me and you may not see me or know I'm there. In my past D/s relationships I felt drained. As much as I enjoy the dynamic of D/s I step back because of this. I often wondered if poly relationships could be a solution for this and if so would it make it impossible for two people to fully bond and connect. Does that make sense?

I feel that it will take a special person(s) for me to share space with. They would need to be mature, open-minded, emotionally sound and also enjoy their space.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 08-10-2011, 10:08 AM   #48
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

i feel pretty bonded and connected. As time goes by, more and more. It's different than a partnership. Some things are more intense or are present that may not be there with a partner. Depends on the relationship. Some things aren't.
Old 08-11-2011, 04:26 AM   #49
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

I could not have said this better myself, thank you.
The Following User Says Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 08-11-2011, 04:33 AM   #50
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Quote:
You know that makes sense to me. I also think that is why so many people get caught up in long distance online relationships. I'm sure its the original intent but they can have all the feelings of love, passion, devotion and belong without the day to day responsibility of a relationship.

One of the main reasons I feel I am not in a relationship is that I don't want to give up my "space" and the truth is that I can spend days a lone. You can be in the same house with me and you may not see me or know I'm there. In my past D/s relationships I felt drained. As much as I enjoy the dynamic of D/s I step back because of this. I often wondered if poly relationships could be a solution for this and if so would it make it impossible for two people to fully bond and connect. Does that make sense?

I feel that it will take a special person(s) for me to share space with. They would need to be mature, open-minded, emotionally sound and also enjoy their space.
If you enjoy your own space poly could be a challenge if living under the same roof.. is that what you would want...

Old 08-11-2011, 04:38 AM   #51
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
In D/s, i get to devote myself to another, worship Them, do almost anything for Them, and They make sure i don't get lost in that. They don't take it all as some of my lovers have done. They make sure i have a healthy balanced life.
This is the sign of mastery. An artful top can monitor the journey and has the gift of perception. You can't take power unless you are powerful. You can't take the essence of someone unless you truly earn it.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:

Tags
polygamy