StillettoDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Lady
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 3,878 Times in 1,484 Posts
StillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST Reputation
Default Where do you find creative inspirations?

Everybody's creative process is different, what gets you inspired?
As a creative type I am always looking for someone or something to
fuel the fire. theres a saying" Fire dies without tinder" and "No one build a cabinet by bare hands alone". I often get creative block , I guess that the same as writers block?....
They tell me all the time that I am very creative person , but most of the time I really dont see it.
I am always looking for inspiration & freshness ,and my orginality.
What got your creative juices flowing today or anyday?

Old 01-12-2011, 06:58 AM   #2
katsarecool

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Woman
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 1,765 Times in 734 Posts
katsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputation

It doesn't take much for me anymore to be inspired. As a visual artist I am constantly looking for images that strike my fancy. Either in print form or plein aire. In fact, I do not have enough time to get everything on canvas or paper that pleases me. I think this is because for so many years (most of my life) I was raising children in combination with working and it left little time for daydreaming or creating either. Great topic by the way!
Old 01-12-2011, 07:54 AM   #3
asphaltcowboi

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Relationship Status:
HAPPY

7 Highscores

Thanked 3,297 Times in 1,042 Posts
asphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputation

in the garage with a welder/cutting torch and some scrap metal and old parts/nut bolts,whatever.
Old 01-12-2011, 09:35 AM   #4
little man

How Do You Identify?:
mister
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
hard to hold

1 Highscore

Location: where the road goes on forever and the party never ends
Thanked 1,533 Times in 437 Posts
little man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputation

i have a tendency to just stumble upon beautiful things. i shoot as i go.

for conceptual stuff, many/most ideas come from conversations with people. i tend to think in images anyway, and a phrase or idea will manifest in my head as an image. i have a ton of those right now...i'm only lacking models and locations. i do sometimes envy those of you who can draw. would be so much easier if i could just pull stuff from my head and put it on paper.

with the wood design and building, much of it is of necessity...i just make things i need.

great thread idea, stilletto!

i'm a rambling man
i ain't ever gonna change
i got a gypsy soul to blame
and i was born for leaving

--zac brown band (colder weather)
little man is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to little man For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2011, 06:52 PM   #5
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Looking at the past work of the penpal thread participants can jumpstart my creative juices. I'm a referential artist and often get inspiration from other artists' work.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2011, 07:24 PM   #6
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Thanked 12,949 Times in 3,419 Posts
Miss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST Reputation

A little trick I learned several years ago (from someone far more talented than I will ever hope to be) is to walk away from whatever you are working on. He told me to go in as opposite a direction as possible. Look at what is around you. There's so much beauty and you only have one set of eyes so do more than just look - breathe it in, taste it, wrap yourself in it, feel it, let it speak to you.

Whether writing or drawing this process has yet to fail me.
Miss Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Miss Scarlett For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2011, 07:35 PM   #7
DomnNC
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:
Widow

Thanked 2,582 Times in 837 Posts
DomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST Reputation

Quite simply, life is my inspiration.
DomnNC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DomnNC For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2011, 08:02 PM   #8
afixer

How Do You Identify?:
human
Preferred Pronoun?:
ma'am
Relationship Status:
adrift in my head

Thanked 1,513 Times in 661 Posts
afixer Has the BEST Reputationafixer Has the BEST Reputationafixer Has the BEST Reputationafixer Has the BEST Reputationafixer Has the BEST Reputationafixer Has the BEST Reputationafixer Has the BEST Reputationafixer Has the BEST Reputationafixer Has the BEST Reputationafixer Has the BEST Reputationafixer Has the BEST Reputation

it happens outside
afixer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to afixer For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2011, 08:29 PM   #9
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

From the simple beauty that is Nature.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2011, 06:07 AM   #10
key

How Do You Identify?:
androgynous, gender-queer, butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
depends on person addressing me
Relationship Status:
merrily single hopefully married one day

key Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default for better or worse

I do art to impress the ladies. Well it is a blend of wooing a loved one and processing all the stuff that comes up for me in relationship. My work is emotion based. I want to be able to conjur up those inspirational emotions on my own. I think that would be a very good thing. Either that or date more often! I really want to start painting and writing again.
key is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to key For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2011, 07:46 PM   #11
Admin
Administrator

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 5,633 Times in 1,013 Posts
Admin has disabled reputation
Member Photo Albums

test test test
Admin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Admin For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2011, 01:01 AM   #12
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Is that like practice, practice, practice or an actual test? Or are you secretly a mad scientist?

Curiosity reigns tonight.......

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2011, 01:58 AM   #13
sharkchomp

How Do You Identify?:
TG/stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 1,341 Times in 309 Posts
sharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputation

I have to agree with Miss Scarlet. I have a story I've been working on for a long long time. I got writers block so bad. I would just sit and stare at the computer screen, sometimes for hours. It was so frustrating. So I just stopped. Cold. I left it for a long long time and then I reread what I had written and BAM! There was also a time where I had to bring it all together and figure out how I was going to write a segment that was fairly complex. I was over thinking it and I knew that was my problem so I kindly scraped all of those ideas and relaxed. Then BAM - it came to me and it practically wrote itself!

I think the key here is to relax and let the ideas come naturally. I don't think one can force an idea out of their brain. Breath, relax, focus on something far from whatever it is that you're doing and BAM! you'll be inspired.

Good luck!
~~~shark~~~~~~~~

take a fish boating
sharkchomp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sharkchomp For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2011, 05:28 AM   #14
StillettoDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Lady
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 3,878 Times in 1,484 Posts
StillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST Reputation

I just wanted to mention...That there is a whole world of aromatheraphy of scents , that are great for creativity, I really like the Feng shui scents especially Feng shui water which is great for creativity . and yes I do make that soap,
Other scent that I have read that are great are Neroli , Jasmine, bergamot , frankincense, sandlewood , geranium .

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000EGN5W0?tag=bellaonfolklo-20&camp=14573&creative=327641&linkCode=as1&creativ eASIN=B000EGN5W0&adid=1Q0RVMXZJBRSEQXP9VZV&"][/ame][ame="http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000VUUN2E?tag=bellaonfolklo-20&camp=14573&creative=327641&linkCode=as1&creativ eASIN=B000VUUN2E&adid=117YC7V81Q4BQQE8Z764&"][/ame]
One of the most overlooked creativity building influences that we can control is, in my opinion and experience, the use of fragrance in the studio or beading area. Fragrance is a pathway to creativity, a subtle but very powerful mental stimulant, proven to help foster a sense of well being, energy and creativity. Adding fragrance to a room or area can help us in more ways than we may anticipate.

If that's not enough, take it from the experts. Baudelaire, the French writer, was passionate about essential oils and so was Leonardo da Vinci, who was famed for surrounding himself with perfumes, especially neroli. Even Shakespeare's father was a glover who used excessive amounts of essential oils. Could this have been the contributing factor to the creation of 39 plays, 154 sonnets and countless poems?

Read more at Suite101: Essential oils to increase your creativity http://www.suite101.com/content/boost-your-creativity-with-essential-oils-a287503#ixzz1BrAZUFUB
Old 06-13-2011, 05:34 PM   #15
EmpressM

How Do You Identify?:
human

EmpressM Has the BEST ReputationEmpressM Has the BEST ReputationEmpressM Has the BEST ReputationEmpressM Has the BEST ReputationEmpressM Has the BEST ReputationEmpressM Has the BEST ReputationEmpressM Has the BEST ReputationEmpressM Has the BEST ReputationEmpressM Has the BEST ReputationEmpressM Has the BEST ReputationEmpressM Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillettoDoll View Post
Everybody's creative process is different, what gets you inspired?
As a creative type I am always looking for someone or something to
fuel the fire. theres a saying" Fire dies without tinder" and "No one build a cabinet by bare hands alone". I often get creative block , I guess that the same as writers block?....
They tell me all the time that I am very creative person , but most of the time I really dont see it.
I am always looking for inspiration & freshness ,and my orginality.
What got your creative juices flowing today or anyday?

Great thread StillettoDoll! Thanks!

I like to find creative ways to inspire myself!

One of my favorites: My friend and I walk our dogs 2 miles every morning at the same time although we are 800 miles apart. So when I need a little boost of inspiration or a change in perspective I call and we chat while we are walking. He takes pictures of interesting things he sees and texts them to me during the walk and i do the same. It spurs on the converstion and the combination of talking to a person that artistically inspires me and a change in scenery via the pictures lets me approach my canvas with fresh eyes.
I'm not going to change the way I look or the way I feel to conform to anything. I've always been a freak. So I've been a freak all my life and I have to live with that, you know. I'm one of those people. ~John Lennon
EmpressM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EmpressM For This Useful Post:
Old 06-21-2011, 04:31 PM   #16
sweet_goldie_grrl

How Do You Identify?:
me
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her

sweet_goldie_grrl Has the BEST Reputationsweet_goldie_grrl Has the BEST Reputationsweet_goldie_grrl Has the BEST Reputationsweet_goldie_grrl Has the BEST Reputationsweet_goldie_grrl Has the BEST Reputationsweet_goldie_grrl Has the BEST Reputationsweet_goldie_grrl Has the BEST Reputationsweet_goldie_grrl Has the BEST Reputationsweet_goldie_grrl Has the BEST Reputationsweet_goldie_grrl Has the BEST Reputationsweet_goldie_grrl Has the BEST Reputation
Smile I get inspiration...

My inspiration comes from talking with my Daddy. Sometimes I'll just think about Him and how He makes me feel and it all just comes to me. The most beautiful word flow from me and I have to write them down. Our love is very inspirational!!
sweet_goldie_grrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sweet_goldie_grrl For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2011, 09:19 AM   #17
foxyshaman

How Do You Identify?:
spiritually minded dirt dog

Thanked 2,593 Times in 663 Posts
foxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputation

I find inspiration in drumming. The rhythms find me and away I go. I come up with ideas for healing rituals or circles I am leading. And singing. I sing alot and it helps me to flow ideas. Yoga is also one of my biggest and most reliable avenues for creativity. I have received some of my best inspirations, writings and workshop ideas while in class.

I also dance when I am stuck. I put on my Bhudda cafe series and sway my hips and hands and next thing I know I am back at my desk and writing new sections for my website.

I don't do Art per se, but art is not limited to the visual expression of my internal workings. Rather it is how I reach out to the world, and sometimes I am even lucky enough to have the world reach back to me.

Muriel Strode
foxyshaman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to foxyshaman For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2011, 10:05 AM   #18
kannon

How Do You Identify?:
bloke
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Happy is the heart that believes in angels

Thanked 2,067 Times in 584 Posts
kannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputation

I find inspiration in pretty much the same things as everyone else. One of the hardest things to do is create something on command within a certain time frame. I think that's the reason a lot of writers have writer's block. Sequels are never as good as the original. The creative energy is sort of magical. Supply and demand doesn't govern creativity.

Two things inspire me: emotions and thoughts. People or environments that make me think and/or feel. Really anything that makes me think or feel.
kannon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kannon For This Useful Post:
Old 07-01-2011, 05:59 PM   #19
deb_U_taunt

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 5,260 Times in 1,363 Posts
deb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputation

Inspiration comes from garage sale 'junk', pull apart lots, when twice a year the city allows people toss 'trash' to the curb in piles for pick up, old buildings and the list goes on.
deb_U_taunt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to deb_U_taunt For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2013, 10:55 AM   #20
LaCircé

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ms, and all the good stuff a femme loves to hear or read. :)
Relationship Status:
Married to my Dany. :)

LaCircé is on a distinguished road

I have been drawing and painting for the better part of half a century, my inspiration comes from this need to express what I see or think in a way that others can see. In the past few years, my inspiration is closely linked to all things women, from the purely erotic to queer and more feminist pieces. The condition of my sisters gets my creative side going big time, this is when I feel motivated and know I must use my abilities to speak on such topics.

Tags
inspiration creative