Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > RELATIONSHIPS, COMMUNITY, GROUPS > Parenting

Parenting This area is for discussing parenting, adoption and anything related to raising our kids!

Old 07-31-2011, 06:43 AM   #41
luv2luvgirls
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Asshole

Thanked 5,470 Times in 1,827 Posts
luv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelli View Post
I always buy the "normal" stuff, but I promise you I would go to the board before I bought tennis balls for anything other than gym class.

The only thing that might be harder to me than Butch parenting is Step-Butch parenting.
whats hard for me is...she got all girlie on me now and I dont know how to paint nails or do makeup...my sister helps w/ it but I tried to buy her some make up once and man talk about feeling like i was in wonderland...none of that stuff is right for a lil kid...i was overwhelmed by the shear number of products it went on for isles and isles...I ended up finding a thing of lots of flavored lipgloss...and gave up
I had to tho as she snuck my sis's bright red lipstick from her house and brought it to school the next day for pics...I didnt know till I got the proofs :O for real!!
luv2luvgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to luv2luvgirls For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2011, 06:51 AM   #42
jelli

How Do You Identify?:
Femmilicious
Preferred Pronoun?:
*she*
Relationship Status:
And you said I wasn’t your type!!!

Thanked 1,079 Times in 377 Posts
jelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up this made me smile... good job for at least trying!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2luvgirls View Post
whats hard for me is...she got all girlie on me now and I dont know how to paint nails or do makeup...my sister helps w/ it but I tried to buy her some make up once and man talk about feeling like i was in wonderland...none of that stuff is right for a lil kid...i was overwhelmed by the shear number of products it went on for isles and isles...I ended up finding a thing of lots of flavored lipgloss...and gave up
I had to tho as she snuck my sis's bright red lipstick from her house and brought it to school the next day for pics...I didnt know till I got the proofs :O for real!!
HAHAHA! That's where your sister comes in handy, a female or femme friend, etc.

We have only one daughter(and 4 boys), all older now of course, but our daughter wasn't allowed to wear makeup outside of the house until later in middle school life. it's tricky trying to teach them about taking care of their skin, not falling for peer pressure(which trampy makeup is the least of those concerns), as well as when they do finally wear makeup showing them ways to enhance vs. cover up. Some parents may say let the kids use it when and how they want... that's their opinion.

BTW You can never have to much lip gloss. And when in doubt go for natural to a step up from there in color. Always can ask an employee.

“Sometimes we make the right decision; sometimes we make the decision right.”

“Every conflict is a lesson in self-discovery for both of us. Sometimes it's only hindsight that makes it worth it. For you, I would do it all again.“
jelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 07:05 AM   #43
luv2luvgirls
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Asshole

luv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
HAHAHA! That's where your sister comes in handy, a female or femme friend, etc.

We have only one daughter(and 4 boys), all older now of course, but our daughter wasn't allowed to wear makeup outside of the house until later in middle school life. it's tricky trying to teach them about taking care of their skin, not falling for peer pressure(which trampy makeup is the least of those concerns), as well as when they do finally wear makeup showing them ways to enhance vs. cover up. Some parents may say let the kids use it when and how they want... that's their opinion.

BTW You can never have to much lip gloss. And when in doubt go for natural to a step up from there in color. Always can ask an employee.
yeah I guess I could ask an employee,but have you been to KY? lmao!! ok j/k... kinda
I went to a party couple months ago and i'll just say...they dont know how to act when the see a new gay person...I was mauled ..felt up all kinds of stuff...and my nephews thought it was so entertaining I was the floor show I guess

I think you are right about peer pressure,and I know I dont want my kid looking all over done..she is only allowed lip gloss. geez she is not quite 10 yet. But she has babygirl tendencies...she pouts,stomps ..likes to accessorize,loves sparkly things...so she wants body glitter.
Old 07-31-2011, 07:07 AM   #44
Invictus

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Butch

Invictus Has the BEST ReputationInvictus Has the BEST ReputationInvictus Has the BEST ReputationInvictus Has the BEST ReputationInvictus Has the BEST ReputationInvictus Has the BEST ReputationInvictus Has the BEST ReputationInvictus Has the BEST ReputationInvictus Has the BEST ReputationInvictus Has the BEST ReputationInvictus Has the BEST Reputation

There are good and bad parents, just as there are good and bad teachers.

Money is tight and budgets will have to be cut. I have been teaching at the high school level for many, many years The one thing I have noticed is a lack of discipline, and entitlement in the students that seems to increase with each passing year. I had a student actually tell me several years ago..."But you HAVE to change my D to an A! If I get all A's my Dad will buy me a Hummer!"

I have seen a change in parents as well. Phone calls home concerning discpline issues have gone from, "What did my kid do?" and "Thanks for letting me know, I'll be sure to deal with this." to...."What did you do to my kid?"
Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Invictus For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2011, 07:11 AM   #45
jelli

How Do You Identify?:
Femmilicious
Preferred Pronoun?:
*she*
Relationship Status:

jelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
yeah I guess I could ask an employee,but have you been to KY? lmao!! ok j/k... kinda
I went to a party couple months ago and i'll just say...they dont know how to act when the see a new gay person...I was mauled ..felt up all kinds of stuff...and my nephews thought it was so entertaining I was the floor show I guess

I think you are right about peer pressure,and I know I dont want my kid looking all over done..she is only allowed lip gloss. geez she is not quite 10 yet. But she has babygirl tendencies...she pouts,stomps ..likes to accessorize,loves sparkly things...so she wants body glitter.
I lived @ Fort Knox for 4 years. Nuff said.

Come over to the other parenting thread so we don't keep derailing the school thread. lol

“Every conflict is a lesson in self-discovery for both of us. Sometimes it's only hindsight that makes it worth it. For you, I would do it all again.“
The Following User Says Thank You to jelli For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2011, 07:16 AM   #46
jelli

How Do You Identify?:
Femmilicious
Preferred Pronoun?:
*she*
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invictus View Post

Money is tight and budgets will have to be cut. I have been teaching at the high school level for many, many years The one thing I have noticed is a lack of discipline, and entitlement in the students that seems to increase with each passing year. I had a student actually tell me several years ago..."But you HAVE to change my D to an A! If I get all A's my Dad will buy me a Hummer!"

I have seen a change in parents as well. Phone calls home concerning discpline issues have gone from, "What did my kid do?" and "Thanks for letting me know, I'll be sure to deal with this." to...."What did you do to my kid?"
Invictus, I have the utmost respect for most teachers and what they have to endure from students, to parents, to the school, to the board, etc all while trying to balance their own work and home.

Entitlement - oh definitely!

I believe far to often parents allow the school to raise their kids versus letting the learning start at home and when appropriately so, backing the teacher and or school. This way the kids would almost see the unity and support and perhaps reduce the pitting one against the other. Wishful thinking huh?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jelli For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2011, 07:16 AM   #47
luv2luvgirls
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invictus View Post

nuff said! I agree totaly with this. I have been seeing it as well even here.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to luv2luvgirls For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2011, 07:16 AM   #48
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
My niece wanted makeup very young too (and her mom was not in the picture, only her dad - a Marine with no clue about makeup)...so we compromised. I would get her a variety of cute pale pink and clear things with just a little glitter...mostly lip gloss and fingernail polish. She was satisfied because she had makeup to carry and use....and her father was happy that she didn't look too "made up" too young.

I also found her a very sheer powder with just a touch of sheen and glitter...that was enough to make her happy without being too over the top.

Amazingly, she was satisfied with that until she was 16 or 17....then she went goth.
Old 07-31-2011, 07:36 AM   #49
Invictus

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Butch

Invictus Has the BEST ReputationInvictus Has the BEST ReputationInvictus Has the BEST ReputationInvictus Has the BEST ReputationInvictus Has the BEST ReputationInvictus Has the BEST ReputationInvictus Has the BEST ReputationInvictus Has the BEST ReputationInvictus Has the BEST ReputationInvictus Has the BEST ReputationInvictus Has the BEST Reputation

God bless the parents that are supportive....

I had to make a phone call home once and got, "Thank you so much for telling me, I'm going to deal with this as soon as she walks in the door. And if my kid EVER opens her mouth to you or another student and is disrespectful again.....here's my cell number....put me on speed dial.... grounded for a month can become two in a heart beat."
Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Invictus For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2011, 07:43 AM   #50
luv2luvgirls
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJo View Post
My niece wanted makeup very young too (and her mom was not in the picture, only her dad - a Marine with no clue about makeup)...so we compromised. I would get her a variety of cute pale pink and clear things with just a little glitter...mostly lip gloss and fingernail polish. She was satisfied because she had makeup to carry and use....and her father was happy that she didn't look too "made up" too young.

I also found her a very sheer powder with just a touch of sheen and glitter...that was enough to make her happy without being too over the top.

Amazingly, she was satisfied with that until she was 16 or 17....then she went goth.

I was thinking along those lines good to hear it worked for so long thank you

Invictus: I am a parent that wants to know and will take the appropriate measures,but I found she is a good kid she never turns a card,I think it has a lot to do with teaching them respect first,for themselves and others.
Old 08-10-2011, 09:56 PM   #51
jelli

How Do You Identify?:
Femmilicious
Preferred Pronoun?:
*she*
Relationship Status:

Exclamation Holy Hell

Took our daughter to college to wrap everything up and get her books... for 3 classes of books her total was $536. Come Monday she'll have to go and get her English texts. thank you for lottery and scholarship monies.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jelli For This Useful Post:
Old 08-11-2011, 04:42 AM   #52
luv2luvgirls
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Asshole

Quote:
Took our daughter to college to wrap everything up and get her books... for 3 classes of books her total was $536. Come Monday she'll have to go and get her English texts. thank you for lottery and scholarship monies.
The costs of books in college is crazy! have you checked online for used school books? you can get em for like less then half cost. We have one here next to EKU bargin books. but online is way cheaper so the kids told me at work.
Old 08-11-2011, 05:13 AM   #53
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
The costs of books in college is crazy! have you checked online for used school books? you can get em for like less then half cost. We have one here next to EKU bargin books. but online is way cheaper so the kids told me at work.
I think I also heard recently about borrowing/renting books being a possibility now. Also something about downloading entire books for a price.

Sorry, I didn't pay more attention. No kids in college (yet)!

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 08-11-2011, 05:13 AM   #54
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

It scares me to think what my granddaughter will have access to when she is old enough for school. Having had several teachers work for me at the farm part time during the summer I know for a fact that many are serious alcoholics, at least around these parts. You see them posting on facebook all the time. It's a small town and everyone knows everyone's business.

If I want her to go to a good school it will cost me 600.00 a month for kindergarten. That goes up every year. Her mother or father can't afford it and in their eyes public schools are just as good.

I won't rant about our country because I am majorly disappointed. I do not support any government agency any longer. In fact I will look for ways to avoid them rather then depend on them. This includes the public school system
Old 08-11-2011, 05:43 AM   #55
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation
Default Comments plus a question for educators

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachita View Post
It scares me to think what my granddaughter will have access to when she is old enough for school. Having had several teachers work for me at the farm part time during the summer I know for a fact that many are serious alcoholics, at least around these parts. You see them posting on facebook all the time. It's a small town and everyone knows everyone's business.

If I want her to go to a good school it will cost me 600.00 a month for kindergarten. That goes up every year. Her mother or father can't afford it and in their eyes public schools are just as good.

I won't rant about our country because I am majorly disappointed. I do not support any government agency any longer. In fact I will look for ways to avoid them rather then depend on them. This includes the public school system
How about home schooling for the first few years to save some cash? You could put her in various programs with other kids to make sure she got the socialization aspect.

I am curious to know from any teachers here (elementary/secondary ed educators), what they think about home schooling? Additionally, taking the negatives of home schooling into consideration, what would be the best years to home school if "necessary"?

---------------------

I would guess there are just as many "alcoholic" teachers as there are alcoholic clergy, doctors, lawyers, landscapers, etc. I would suggest that you just are more aware of it b/c of your small town.

In terms of the gov't...I am already paying for public schools with my taxes, so I support their quest for improvement. The school system here (according to national "testing") is not so good. Subsequently, many people try to figure out a way to pay for their children to go to private school.

Although I support my partner sending her child to private school, if I had a child, I would do what I could (from day one of my kid hitting the door), to support good creative teachers to make changes in the school system that they feel would benefit our children. How can we expect our schools to get better if we are constantly bailing on them? Where is our support for our teachers who struggle to be the best they can (and succeed) only to be met with a country who says, "You are not good enough. We do not believe in you". Don't we need to care if we want them to?

<---public school kid and proud of it.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 02-20-2015, 02:22 AM   #56
Bard
Family Man

How Do You Identify?:
TG Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
Masculine ones
Relationship Status:
She just gets me

Thanked 12,786 Times in 2,431 Posts
Bard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST Reputation

My daughter is in the 5 th grade this year and her school supply list seems to get longer every year.. it also seems like there is always something she needs for school, or now for band. She is in a good school district and I am grateful for the quality of education she is getting, being in a more rural district the teachers have more time to challenge all the kids even the ones that are working above the grade levels. So I guess to me it balances out I am glad she is being challenged and not bored. Yeah I am kind of proud of her her principal told me he wishes he had more like her. It is hard co parenting my ex and I do not agree on much and it always seems like when something additional is needed for School she hits me up. But we do agree that Goose education comes first and both of us are involved. And that we are l proud of her.
And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

Give yourself over to absolute pleasure. Swim the warm waters of sins of the flesh - erotic nightmares beyond any measure, and sensual daydreams to treasure forever. Can't you just see it? Don't dream it, be it.
Bard is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bard For This Useful Post: