Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Communication, Friendship, Getting To Know One Another

Old 02-08-2011, 07:58 PM   #41
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I got distracted while posting earlier and I forgot something about colors.

There's a strong influence with pride and colors. Red/white/blue have been taught to us to equal national pride. The colors of one's flag of origin usually brings forth pride. With the superbowl as an example, there's even a song on the radio RIGHT NOW depicting the link between color and pride...."Black and yellow"...about the Steelers and Pittsburgh pride.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2011, 08:03 PM   #42
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,119 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
QUESTION #6 2/8/11

Why do we eat after funerals?

I did not experience the eating after a funeral until I came to America, where I came from the body layed out at the family home, people came to visit, bringing food, drink, candles, and herbs and dried plants to help with transition. Occasionally a live chicken made an appearance, but it wasn't for dinner.

The food was brought the family could do body vigils, pray, etc. without the family having to worry about that task, laundry was done by the ladies in the neighborhood.

In other words word... I dunno
"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2011, 08:07 PM   #43
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
QUESTION #6 2/8/11

Food is comfort. That's why the obesity rate is so out of control. Speaking of control.....a lot of folks feel out of control where death is concerned. Food, they feel they can control. Ergo, food gives folks a sense of comfort and/or control is a very emotionally charged time.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2011, 08:08 PM   #44
cinderella

How Do You Identify?:
Pinky's mommy :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Su Majestad
Relationship Status:
Happy with my puppy

Thanked 1,502 Times in 637 Posts
cinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputation

Ok, my Big Question is, will I ever find love again at this stage of my life? Well, astonishingly enough, I have.

I am 68, but have been told that I look 10 to 15 years younger - I hope so. My new love is 10 years younger. We have not met in realtime yet, and I am hoping that he will not be disappointed. I yearn to be in his arms, and to begin our lives together. I pray all will go well - wish me luck.

The is an organ of fire.
cinderella is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cinderella For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2011, 08:09 PM   #45
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
QUESTION #6 2/8/11

I know when my father died and then my brother, my mom's house was packed with people. We all cried and told stories about them. But, then what. You just sorta sit around. Well, people do get hungry and it is one less thing for the "family" to have to deal with if people bring food for everyone to eat. It takes the burdon off of the family to worry about entertaining guests....even in that situation ...you still worry bout that.

Also, food is comfort.

Most importantly probably it is a way of showing love to the family. A way of reaching out to them and feeling that you've done "something".
Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2011, 08:13 PM   #46
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:

The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderella View Post
Ok, my Big Question is, will I ever find love again at this stage of my life? Well, astonishingly enough, I have.

I am 68, but have been told that I look 10 to 15 years younger - I hope so. My new love is 10 years younger. We have not met in realtime yet, and I am hoping that he will not be disappointed. I yearn to be in his arms, and to begin our lives together. I pray all will go well - wish me luck.

Congrats!!

"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

Old 02-08-2011, 08:16 PM   #47
cinderella

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Su Majestad
Relationship Status:
Happy with my puppy

cinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputation

Yes, my love, I can see and understand that. I've attended many wakes - Puerto Rican's wakes are no different from Irish wakes - lots of food, liquor and reminises and jokes. What the closest of us to the 'dearly departed' will never regain, is the love and warmth, and yes, the bad aspects of them we will miss...

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessbelle View Post
I know when my father died and then my brother, my mom's house was packed with people. We all cried and told stories about them. But, then what. You just sorta sit around. Well, people do get hungry and it is one less thing for the "family" to have to deal with if people bring food for everyone to eat. It takes the burdon off of the family to worry about entertaining guests....even in that situation ...you still worry bout that.

Also, food is comfort.

Most importantly probably it is a way of showing love to the family. A way of reaching out to them and feeling that you've done "something".

The is an organ of fire.
The Following User Says Thank You to cinderella For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2011, 08:20 PM   #48
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderella View Post
Yes, my love, I can see and understand that. I've attended many wakes - Puerto Rican's wakes are no different from Irish wakes - lots of food, liquor and reminises and jokes. What the closest of us to the 'dearly departed' will never regain, is the love and warmth, and yes, the bad aspects of them we will miss...
s
Do you know why we eat after funerals?

Old 02-08-2011, 08:21 PM   #49
cinderella

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Su Majestad
Relationship Status:
Happy with my puppy

Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Lady_Snow View Post
Congrats!!

The is an organ of fire.
Old 02-08-2011, 08:23 PM   #50
cinderella

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Su Majestad
Relationship Status:
Happy with my puppy

Because we can...? We're still alive and able to do so. Not so much for those we've buried.

Quote:
s

The is an organ of fire.
The Following User Says Thank You to cinderella For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2011, 08:35 PM   #51
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I did not experience the eating after a funeral until I came to America, where I came from the body layed out at the family home, people came to visit, bringing food, drink, candles, and herbs and dried plants to help with transition. Occasionally a live chicken made an appearance, but it wasn't for dinner.

The food was brought the family could do body vigils, pray, etc. without the family having to worry about that task, laundry was done by the ladies in the neighborhood.

In other words word... I dunno

You have definately been to a clone family of mine.

Cajun's lay the body out a love oned, stay up all night (hence the term *wake*) fasting and having rituals (bring your own chicken style)... . bury the dearly departed the next day and then have a huge buffet style free for all feast. Everyone brings some yummy dishes to the feast and tends to the mourning family for a while doing chores and errands... and of course lots of drinking..

What a sendoff
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2011, 08:42 PM   #52
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,565 Times in 3,960 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

I am going to guess we eat after funerals out of necessity.

I am going to go back to the agrian time to pre-industrial where towns were popping up and neighbors pulled together. Deaths were a family matter, the dead kept at home, bathed and clothed and presented at the house. Relatives were given notice to come see and pay their respects. Sometimes it was a long buggy drive. People came hungry. Locals brought food to help feed the kin and friends. They also chipped in and took care of the farm chores too. Feeding horses, collecting eggs, milking cows. These things all had to be done. Animals dont care if someone died. An udder is full and needs expressed. People chipped in and helped out with that too. We just dont have something similar to that in today's lifestyle to follow suit like we do with eating. People still come from far away and need fed....at least, thats how it all started.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2011, 09:30 PM   #53
Sweet_Amor_Taino

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Gentleman
Preferred Pronoun?:
he/him
Relationship Status:
Exclusively dating,

Sweet_Amor_Taino Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Amor_Taino Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Amor_Taino Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Amor_Taino Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Amor_Taino Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Amor_Taino Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Amor_Taino Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Amor_Taino Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Amor_Taino Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Amor_Taino Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Amor_Taino Has the BEST Reputation

My big question? I am falling for a beautiful mature lady.
She is smart and attentive. Oh and did I mention Sexy as all heck I need to wear my hat because there is fire in the house. LOL My question is will she want me as her guy for keeps?
When we are aware that each moment of each day and each step we take,is truly mystical and full of wonder,we will live our lives with greater thought and care, we will also respect and appreciate This moment.
Sweet_Amor_Taino is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sweet_Amor_Taino For This Useful Post:
Old 02-09-2011, 11:27 AM   #54
ravfem

How Do You Identify?:
i'm a girl
Relationship Status:
negative

Thanked 3,126 Times in 1,269 Posts
ravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
s
it's funny, i was just talking about the rituals surrounding death & funerals recently.... when i was young, the body was brought to the house (and in the case of my uncle, a soldier who died in Vietnam, a soldier came with the body and stayed there at the house, beside the casket the entire time).

Everyone, whether they knew the family or not, brought food. So much that a lot of it was thrown out eventually.

i think that some of it is that, at least in the culture i grew up in, you offer food at any & all occasions, happy or sad, as a way to socialize, show respect, love & either sympathy or congratulations. i remember more than one occasion when a family member would say something like, "i have to fix something to take with me before i can go over there", and also, "did you see that so&so didn't even bring a store bought cake?!" It just wasn't done, especially store-bought stuff!

my granny fed us til we couldn't eat another thing & then kept trying to push food on us... it was her only way of showing love.

Last edited by ravfem; 02-09-2011 at 11:29 AM. Reason: oops, just bothered to read back in the thread....seeing that Blade also asked.... :seeingstars:
ravfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ravfem For This Useful Post:
Old 02-09-2011, 11:31 AM   #55
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet_Amor_Taino View Post
My big question? I am falling for a beautiful mature lady.
She is smart and attentive. Oh and did I mention Sexy as all heck I need to wear my hat because there is fire in the house. LOL My question is will she want me as her guy for keeps?

I hope so tickets are bought!! Good luck and congrats!!

Old 02-09-2011, 12:54 PM   #56
little man

How Do You Identify?:
mister
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
hard to hold

1 Highscore

Location: where the road goes on forever and the party never ends
Thanked 1,533 Times in 437 Posts
little man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputation

i wonder if this is drived from sin eating in other cultures?

link

i'm a rambling man
i ain't ever gonna change
i got a gypsy soul to blame
and i was born for leaving

--zac brown band (colder weather)
little man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 01:07 PM   #57
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,565 Times in 3,960 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

and we do this today, in America, in the body and blood of Christ...at communion...a small ritual revolving around a funeral
Quote:
Originally Posted by little man View Post
i wonder if this is drived from sin eating in other cultures?

link
The Following User Says Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2011, 11:17 AM   #58
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,399 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation
Default Sunday Feb 27

Question 2/27

What's the fine line between seeing that your needs are met and being selfish?

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2011, 11:45 AM   #59
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Question 2/27

Wow great question. My honest answer is I don't know.

I think i probably struggle with this one. I tend to be on the "oh i'm ok, no problems" side rather than risk appearing selfish. But in doing that it is also performing an injustice to myself.

I agree it is a fine line and I admit i need to work on this one.

Thanks for the question!!!!
Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2011, 11:55 AM   #60
weatherboi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Owned boy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey boy!!!
Relationship Status:
counting freckles slowly under Her direction!!!

Thanked 12,560 Times in 2,993 Posts
weatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputation
Red face

Quote:
Question 2/27

I am not sure if that fine line can be identified because it seems both those things would be in a constant state of relativity with each other. I guess finding a balance between both would be a start.
weatherboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to weatherboi For This Useful Post: