Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Communication, Friendship, Getting To Know One Another

Old 11-15-2011, 03:34 PM   #1
SoNotHer

How Do You Identify?:
Professional Sandbagger and Jenga Zumba Instructor

Location: In the master control room of my world domination dreams
Thanked 4,736 Times in 1,409 Posts
SoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST Reputation
Default Alone for the Holidays

If there is anyone else out there alone during the holidays, let me know if you would like to share some posts or a conference call or a cyber arcade game or two. This isn't the first holiday I've spent with my fur babies, but it is the first I've spent in great company on the Planet. I just thought I'd see if there was interest in directly connecting with other folks who are riding it out alone.

SoNotHer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to SoNotHer For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2011, 03:38 PM   #2
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Its gonna be my son and me pluss my fur child,why not touch base some how.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2011, 04:01 PM   #3
Cowboi

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Holding My Red Circle

1 Highscore

Thanked 3,962 Times in 1,230 Posts
Cowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST Reputation

Im am on call Thanksgiving day. I will just hang out here, watch some movies, go to the gym. Give me a shout.
Old 11-15-2011, 05:10 PM   #4
SoNotHer

How Do You Identify?:

SoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST Reputation

Thank you both. Let's get connected next week.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SoNotHer For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2011, 05:40 PM   #5
Cowboi

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Holding My Red Circle

1 Highscore

Cowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNotHer View Post
Thank you both. Let's get connected next week.
Sounds like a plan!!
Old 11-15-2011, 05:45 PM   #6
SoNotHer

How Do You Identify?:

Other than watching the Macy's Parade, and making the furry ones dress up like squash and assorted cornucopia vegetables, I'm around. :-)

Looking forward to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboi View Post
Sounds like a plan!!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SoNotHer For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2011, 05:52 PM   #7
Cowboi

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Holding My Red Circle

1 Highscore

Quote:
Other than watching the Macy's Parade, and making the furry ones dress up like squash and assorted cornucopia vegetables, I'm around. :-)

Looking forward to it.

LoL Glad Im not a fur baby @ your house!!!
Old 11-15-2011, 05:52 PM   #8
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,406 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

I got an invite from a neighbor and someone that works for the same company as me, to come across the road for an early meal. We both have to be at our stores at 11:45pm for Black Friday. I wanted to go away for Thanksgiving and share a meal with friends I consider family, but with this dang job, it wasn't going to happen. I thought for sure, it was just going to be me and my rescues. Really though, except for the meal I'll share, it will just be me and them. Outside of work, I spend so much time alone, I don't pay a lot of attention to holidays anymore. They just seem to be another day in any given month. I'm kind of isolated where I'm living at the moment, so...I'll be around here, if anyone needs a friendly poster or post.

Let's not forget that some of us will be watching football....even if we go nowhere, football is a tradition, oh yes it is

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to WolfyOne For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2011, 06:25 PM   #9
starryeyes

How Do You Identify?:
a round peg in a square hole
Preferred Pronoun?:
Guess...
Relationship Status:
Seat taken

Thanked 10,057 Times in 2,078 Posts
starryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputation

This will be the first year in my 29 years that I will not be with any family on Thanksgiving. They all decided to go to Lake Tahoe for the week, and I have to work, so I opted out. I am not sure what I am going too. I might have an orphan Thanksgiving at my house, or I might just veg out. It kinda sucks tho!!
starryeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to starryeyes For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2011, 06:37 PM   #10
SoNotHer

How Do You Identify?:

Hey, those babies have to work a little for that great T-day meal they're going to get!

I hear you Starry Eyes. My family didn't decide to plan a get together until last weekend and after I could really make arrangements to travel to see them a good 12 hours away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboi View Post
LoL Glad Im not a fur baby @ your house!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SoNotHer For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2011, 07:23 PM   #11
tapu

How Do You Identify?:
Understated butch.
Preferred Pronoun?:
I
Relationship Status:
Party of One

Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,103 Posts
tapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputation

Do you think I could hook my father up with you guys for a conference call? Just kidding, but he's coming to stay with me for SEVEN FULL DAYS. I have no TV, no car I'd let him drive in the city, and nothing to do with him, day in and day out. I really wish I could set him up with some people--he's a lot of fun. For others.

I hope you all have a nice holiday wherever you are. Hooking up people here is a great idea, Sonot. I think I'm going to haul Dad down to Chinatown for dim sum. He'll freak, but it's our tradition of 10 years so....
Old 11-15-2011, 07:27 PM   #12
VintageFemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 7,640 Times in 1,657 Posts
VintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST Reputation

my sister in tuscaloosa, alabama may be alone for thanksgiving as well as christmas and that breaks my heart. if anyone is near there and would like to 'adopt' her on either of those days could you pm me please? love.
Old 11-15-2011, 07:29 PM   #13
SoNotHer

How Do You Identify?:

Dim sum - that reminds me of one of the great scenes in A Christmas Story (the Chinese, the duck, the cleaver, etc.) Seven days with Dad? Oh are you going to get to know each other. Better get those board games dusted off and ready. :-)

Thank you for the post, T, and sure I'll hook dad up with the conference call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tapu View Post
Do you think I could hook my father up with you guys for a conference call? Just kidding, but he's coming to stay with me for SEVEN FULL DAYS. I have no TV, no car I'd let him drive in the city, and nothing to do with him, day in and day out. I really wish I could set him up with some people--he's a lot of fun. For others.

I hope you all have a nice holiday wherever you are. Hooking up people here is a great idea, Sonot. I think I'm going to haul Dad down to Chinatown for dim sum. He'll freak, but it's our tradition of 10 years so....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SoNotHer For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2011, 07:56 PM   #14
tapu

How Do You Identify?:
Understated butch.
Preferred Pronoun?:
I
Relationship Status:
Party of One

Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,103 Posts
tapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputation

omg board games. maybe i'll do that. i'll be banging my head on the table but he'll sure enjoy them. i'll let him win.

Old 11-15-2011, 08:11 PM   #15
SugarFemme

How Do You Identify?:
*Fierce Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Singular

Thanked 4,463 Times in 854 Posts
SugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Just a thought...for those of us with Skype or Yahoo Voice, we could get together in a room and do voice chat, karaoke, play a game etc. Hearing each others real voices would be real cool.

Quote:
If there is anyone else out there alone during the holidays, let me know if you would like to share some posts or a conference call or a cyber arcade game or two. This isn't the first holiday I've spent with my fur babies, but it is the first I've spent in great company on the Planet. I just thought I'd see if there was interest in directly connecting with other folks who are riding it out alone.

SugarFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SugarFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2011, 09:23 PM   #16
Scuba

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Flying Solo

Thanked 8,048 Times in 1,618 Posts
Scuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST Reputation

Just an FYI for anyone interested...

1st Annual Misfits Holiday Season Gathering - If you have no where to go this year (or just want to hang out and chill before facing family) contact me and come spend some time here in Wenatchee, Wa (Central Washington State). There will a warm fire going and plenty of food, drink, XBOXing, skiing (Mission Ridge), snowtubing (Leavenworth) and other activities happening. The fun starts December 23rd and continues through December 26th.

Cheers!!
Scuba is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Scuba For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2011, 09:26 PM   #17
KimbaYLRF

How Do You Identify?:
I originally posted femme, but not quite I am femme. Maybe a 'tweener.
Relationship Status:
On the way to being single

KimbaYLRF Has the BEST ReputationKimbaYLRF Has the BEST ReputationKimbaYLRF Has the BEST ReputationKimbaYLRF Has the BEST ReputationKimbaYLRF Has the BEST ReputationKimbaYLRF Has the BEST ReputationKimbaYLRF Has the BEST ReputationKimbaYLRF Has the BEST ReputationKimbaYLRF Has the BEST ReputationKimbaYLRF Has the BEST ReputationKimbaYLRF Has the BEST Reputation

I have chosen to work. I work 12p-830p Tues-Sat every week. Normally we would go to my sister's but my mom and older sis will be in VA for a cousin's wedding and my younger sis has to work as well, so I figured might as well get double time and a half for working.
Old 11-15-2011, 09:47 PM   #18
cara

How Do You Identify?:
Queer/lesbian femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
Married to my love 08.15.15

Thanked 13,254 Times in 2,724 Posts
cara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputation

I am trying to go into this holiday season without dreading it. This time of year is always rough for me. I am lucky that my parents live about 1.5 hours away. IWe will be having a low-key Thanksgiving and Christmas this year since my dad's been so sick. I will probably be around here quite a bit. I'll say hi!

~Wade Davis
cara is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to cara For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2011, 12:37 AM   #19
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 26,373 Times in 5,877 Posts
Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation

I will be spending my first set of holidays alone in at least 15 years. I have been dreading it. This thread is a good idea, I just don't know if I'll be full of holiday cheer. I'm feeling pretty bleak about it.

I've been seeking/looking into a few ideas for volunteering on the holidays. I'm hoping that helping someone else have a good holiday will make it more enjoyable for me.
Hollylane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2011, 01:10 AM   #20
SugarFemme

How Do You Identify?:
*Fierce Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Singular

Thanked 4,463 Times in 854 Posts
SugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Organizations that feed the poor get SWAMPED on the holidays. They would welcome any and all help they could get on the holidays. Not only will you be, "paying it forward" and helping someone else, but it will give you company and be good for your soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollylane View Post
I will be spending my first set of holidays alone in at least 15 years. I have been dreading it. This thread is a good idea, I just don't know if I'll be full of holiday cheer. I'm feeling pretty bleak about it.

I've been seeking/looking into a few ideas for volunteering on the holidays. I'm hoping that helping someone else have a good holiday will make it more enjoyable for me.
SugarFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to SugarFemme For This Useful Post: