Andrea

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene

Thanked 15,248 Times in 3,064 Posts
Andrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollylane View Post
Very powerful. Thank you for posting this.

What we think about and thank about, we bring about!

Today I will treat my body with love and respect.
Andrea is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Andrea For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2012, 11:24 AM   #2622
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,661 Times in 7,652 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation
Default Woman found murdered two days after calling 911 for help

*Triggery warning*

Police in Dallas are conducting an internal investigation after discovering that a 32-year-old woman who was found murdered on Sunday had called 911 two days before.

The woman, Deanna (Cook) Patrick, was "found deceased in the bathtub of her residence," police said. Delvecchio Patrick, her 35-year-old ex-husband, was arrested and charged with murder.

The department "is currently conducting a comprehensive review of an August 17, 2012 911 call from the victim," the Dallas Police Department wrote on its Facebook page on Monday:

The Department's preliminary review has determined that the 911 call originated from a cell phone. As a result, the 911 call-taker did not know the exact address of the caller. The 911 call taker attempted to obtain the address from the caller, while simultaneously conducting a search of previous calls from the same cell phone number to determine an associated address. The call taker also notified the 911 on-duty supervisor of the ongoing issue. The call was forwarded to the dispatcher but could not be dispatched to field officers until an address was determined. Once the address was confirmed, the 911 call taker updated the call information so the call could be dispatched. The process of obtaining the address and updating the call information took approximately 9 minutes.

Once obtaining an address, the dispatcher gave the call to the first available police field element. The officers that received the call arrived at the location and knocked at the door. When no one answered, they requested a call-back of the caller which went to voicemail. They also checked the perimeter windows of the home and spoke with neighbors who reported that they had not heard any disturbance.

The Department is seeking to determine if the nature of the call was sufficiently communicated through each step of the process to the responding officers and the appropriateness of their response based on the information provided.

Dallas police did not release the contents of the 911 call, saying it could interfere with the ongoing investigation. But according to The Dallas Morning News' crime blog, Patrick called 911 to report her husband was attacking her:

According to police records, Deanna Cook called 911 about 10:54 a.m. Friday. She could be heard screaming for her ex-husband to stop attacking her. "Delvecchio, why are you doing this?" Cook yelled, according to police records.

"Red, please stop, I didn't do anything to you," she said, referring to him by his nickname. ...

Two days later, as Cook's family grew concerned about her well-being, they went to the home and found her dead.

Delvecchio Patrick, the blog noted, "has a history of alleged domestic violence against his wife, Dallas County court records show."

Patrick's bail was set at $500,000. He is currently being held in the Dallas County Jail.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/...71.html?_esi=1

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2012, 12:06 PM   #2623
DMW

How Do You Identify?:
FTM/Male (Will 14)
Relationship Status:
Caught An Angel and she doesn't lie!

Thanked 1,861 Times in 614 Posts
DMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollylane View Post

This is really powerful. I agree. Thank you for posting it. I am going to send
it to all of the women i know, who know women, who are republican.
Honestly, no ruling government should be able to tell a woman how or what they can do with their own bodies. It is a crime. I walked through the streets with the NOW people carrying coat hangers. I was in a video and i can't stand that attention. But, i did it because i have taken women(actually young high school and college aged women) and helped those women to have abortions because they did not have access to contraceptives. It is an awful, horrible, terrifying experience to live through. And i wasn't even the poor soul who had to make such a decision. But, i helped. I bear that burden. I bear it because i didn't want her to bear it alone. Cause the dudes weren't there. How messed up is that. Honestly, i don't know how a woman or even men that love the women in their lives can vote republican. I remember watching the committee on cspan and how no woman was invited. And then weren't going to allow her to speak. Sickening. Thank you for posting it. I put a link to it so that people can email it out.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejYoV_UzGFk"]The GOP War on Women's Health is Real - YouTube[/nomedia]

What is even more screwed up....those girls fathers had no idea the pain that they lived and never will. Ah, and they were republican.

Last edited by DMW; 08-22-2012 at 12:14 PM.
DMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 12:25 PM   #2624
Nomad
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
stone femme Daddy's girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
disinterested

Thanked 3,745 Times in 734 Posts
Nomad Has the BEST ReputationNomad Has the BEST ReputationNomad Has the BEST ReputationNomad Has the BEST ReputationNomad Has the BEST ReputationNomad Has the BEST ReputationNomad Has the BEST ReputationNomad Has the BEST ReputationNomad Has the BEST ReputationNomad Has the BEST ReputationNomad Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobi View Post

*Triggery warning*

Police in Dallas are conducting an internal investigation after discovering that a 32-year-old woman who was found murdered on Sunday had called 911 two days before.

The woman, Deanna (Cook) Patrick, was "found deceased in the bathtub of her residence," police said. Delvecchio Patrick, her 35-year-old ex-husband, was arrested and charged with murder.

The department "is currently conducting a comprehensive review of an August 17, 2012 911 call from the victim," the Dallas Police Department wrote on its Facebook page on Monday:

The Department's preliminary review has determined that the 911 call originated from a cell phone. As a result, the 911 call-taker did not know the exact address of the caller. The 911 call taker attempted to obtain the address from the caller, while simultaneously conducting a search of previous calls from the same cell phone number to determine an associated address. The call taker also notified the 911 on-duty supervisor of the ongoing issue. The call was forwarded to the dispatcher but could not be dispatched to field officers until an address was determined. Once the address was confirmed, the 911 call taker updated the call information so the call could be dispatched. The process of obtaining the address and updating the call information took approximately 9 minutes.

Once obtaining an address, the dispatcher gave the call to the first available police field element. The officers that received the call arrived at the location and knocked at the door. When no one answered, they requested a call-back of the caller which went to voicemail. They also checked the perimeter windows of the home and spoke with neighbors who reported that they had not heard any disturbance.

The Department is seeking to determine if the nature of the call was sufficiently communicated through each step of the process to the responding officers and the appropriateness of their response based on the information provided.

Dallas police did not release the contents of the 911 call, saying it could interfere with the ongoing investigation. But according to The Dallas Morning News' crime blog, Patrick called 911 to report her husband was attacking her:

According to police records, Deanna Cook called 911 about 10:54 a.m. Friday. She could be heard screaming for her ex-husband to stop attacking her. "Delvecchio, why are you doing this?" Cook yelled, according to police records.

"Red, please stop, I didn't do anything to you," she said, referring to him by his nickname. ...

Two days later, as Cook's family grew concerned about her well-being, they went to the home and found her dead.

Delvecchio Patrick, the blog noted, "has a history of alleged domestic violence against his wife, Dallas County court records show."

Patrick's bail was set at $500,000. He is currently being held in the Dallas County Jail.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/...71.html?_esi=1
i called 911 this morning about a domestic dispute in the neighborhood i'm staying in. fortunately things went the way they needed to but this post has me thinking about the safety net i thought cell phones provided me. i've always assumed that the E911 locator on my phone would keep me safe if i needed to dial but couldnt finish the call for some reason. this article makes it sound as though that's not so. what a sobering reality check.
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nomad For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2012, 02:53 PM   #2625
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation
Default Group to high court: Take CT gay marriage case

BOSTON — A Boston-based legal group on Wednesday asked the U.S. Supreme Court to review a Connecticut lawsuit challenging a key portion of a federal law that denies tax, health and other benefits to married gay couples.

A federal judge in Connecticut ruled last month that Section 3 of the 1996 Defense of Marriage Act is unconstitutional. The ruling came in the case of six married gay couples and a widower from Connecticut, New Hampshire and Vermont who sued after being denied federal benefits.

DOMA defines marriage as the legal union of one man and one woman. Section 3 of the law restricts federal marriage benefits to heterosexual married couples.

Boston-based Gay & Lesbian Advocates & Defenders filed a petition Wednesday asking the Supreme Court to review the ruling.

A Congressional group and the U.S. Justice Department have asked the Supreme Court to review a ruling by a federal judge in Massachusetts striking down the same provision of the law in two separate lawsuits.

GLAD argues that the Connecticut lawsuit is a particularly good case for the high court to review because it demonstrates DOMA's impact on a range of federal programs, including federal income tax, Society Security, and federal employee and retirement benefits.

http://www.capecodonline.com/apps/pb...WS11/120829923

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2012, 06:58 AM   #2626
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Default Ukrainian commission wants to ban ‘gay’ SpongeBob and Teletubbie ‘losers’

The Ukraine is considering a move to censor several children's shows after a new study from a conservative commission labeled the shows "a real threat" to the country's youth and detrimental to the country

The Ukrainian paper Ukraínskaya Pravda reported on Thursday that some of the shows under fire include "Family Guy," "Futurama," "Pokemon," "The Simpsons" and "Teletubbies," which the report says are, "projects aimed at the destruction of the family, and the promotion of drugs and other vices."

While the accusations sound a bit silly, a 2011 study by a University of Virginia professor claimed that watching just nine minutes of SpongeBob could adversely affect the attention span and learning abilities of 4-year-olds.

Some of the accusations leveled against the programming in the study:

SpongeBob Squarepants: "gay"
Teletubbies: "Deliberately aims to create subnormal (men), who spend all day in front of the television with their mouths open swallowing all types of information," and promotes the "psychology of losers."
Shrek: "containing sadism"
South Park: "reincarnation propaganda"
Japanese Anime: "A clear example of sexist propaganda"

The study concluded that the programming represents "a large-scale experiment on Ukrainian children" to "create criminals and perverts."

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow...52.html?_esi=1

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2012, 07:02 AM   #2627
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Default New AIDS-like disease in Asians, not contagious

Researchers have identified a mysterious new disease that has left scores of people in Asia and some in the United States with AIDS-like symptoms even though they are not infected with HIV.

The patients' immune systems become damaged, leaving them unable to fend off germs as healthy people do. What triggers this isn't known, but the disease does not seem to be contagious.

The disease develops around age 50 on average but does not run in families, which makes it unlikely that a single gene is responsible, Browne said. Some patients have died of overwhelming infections, including some Asians now living in the U.S., although Browne could not estimate how many.

This is another kind of acquired immune deficiency that is not inherited and occurs in adults, but doesn't spread the way AIDS does through a virus, said Dr. Sarah Browne, a scientist at the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases.

She helped lead the study with researchers in Thailand and Taiwan where most of the cases have been found since 2004. Their report is in Thursday's New England Journal of Medicine.

http://news.yahoo.com/aids-disease-a...211424263.html

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2012, 05:22 PM   #2628
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Default Lesbian brides win settlement from Vermont inn

BOSTON (Reuters) - A resort in northern Vermont has settled a lawsuit brought after it refused to host a lesbian couple's wedding reception, citing the innkeepers' "personal feelings."

The Wildflower Inn in Lyndonville declined to host an event for Kate Linsley (nee Baker) and Ming Linsley, both of New York, saying innkeepers Mary and Jim O'Reilly did not host "gay receptions."

As part of the settlement, the resort will pay $10,000 to the Vermont Human Rights Commission and place $20,000 in a charitable trust to be disbursed by the Linsleys, according to the American Civil Liberties Union and the ACLU of Vermont.

It also agreed to no longer host wedding receptions.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/lesbian-bri...201458939.html

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2012, 05:26 PM   #2629
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
BOSTON (Reuters) - A resort in northern Vermont has settled a lawsuit brought after it refused to host a lesbian couple's wedding reception, citing the innkeepers' "personal feelings."

The Wildflower Inn in Lyndonville declined to host an event for Kate Linsley (nee Baker) and Ming Linsley, both of New York, saying innkeepers Mary and Jim O'Reilly did not host "gay receptions."

As part of the settlement, the resort will pay $10,000 to the Vermont Human Rights Commission and place $20,000 in a charitable trust to be disbursed by the Linsleys, according to the American Civil Liberties Union and the ACLU of Vermont.

It also agreed to no longer host wedding receptions.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/lesbian-bri...201458939.html
So instead of inclusion they chose to not do receptions for anyone. Smart business acumen there folks. Snark included at no charge. One business I hope fails in epic proportions.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2012, 07:02 PM   #2630
Toughy

How Do You Identify?:
pervert butch feminist woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
see above
Relationship Status:
independent entity

Thanked 7,656 Times in 1,522 Posts
Toughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Researchers have identified a mysterious new disease that has left scores of people in Asia and some in the United States with AIDS-like symptoms even though they are not infected with HIV.

The patients' immune systems become damaged, leaving them unable to fend off germs as healthy people do. What triggers this isn't known, but the disease does not seem to be contagious.

The disease develops around age 50 on average but does not run in families, which makes it unlikely that a single gene is responsible, Browne said. Some patients have died of overwhelming infections, including some Asians now living in the U.S., although Browne could not estimate how many.

This is another kind of acquired immune deficiency that is not inherited and occurs in adults, but doesn't spread the way AIDS does through a virus, said Dr. Sarah Browne, a scientist at the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases.

She helped lead the study with researchers in Thailand and Taiwan where most of the cases have been found since 2004. Their report is in Thursday's New England Journal of Medicine.

http://news.yahoo.com/aids-disease-a...211424263.html
Interesting .........will have to go look at the actual articles........

I do know big pharma did extensive HIV vaccine testing in Thailand....mmmmmm
I will not assimilate

Toughy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Toughy For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2012, 09:49 PM   #2631
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Default ICE agents sue own agency over deferred deportations

A group of Immigrations and Customs Enforcement agents filed a lawsuit against their own agency Thursday, arguing that the Obama administration is not letting them fully identify and deport illegal immigrants.

Secretary of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano says her department does not have the manpower or money to deport the 11 million illegal immigrants in the USA, so she issued a memorandum last year ordering immigration officials to focus their efforts on dangerous illegal immigrants. In June, Obama announced a program that will allow up to 1.7 million illegal immigrants brought to the USA as children to have deportations deferred for at least two years.

The 10 ICE agents suing Napolitano and ICE Director John Morton say those directives violate the Constitution and federal immigration law. "We are federal law enforcement officers who are being ordered to break the law," said Chris Crane, an ICE agent and president of the National Immigration and Customs Enforcement Council, a union for ICE employees. "This directive puts ICE agents and officers in a horrible position."

The suit is funded by NumbersUSA, a group that proposes lower levels of legal and illegal immigration, and the attorney is Kris Kobach, the secretary of State of Kansas who has helped Arizona and Alabama craft strict anti-illegal-immigration laws. His work on this lawsuit is not part of his official state duties.

http://news.yahoo.com/ice-agents-sue...231136683.html

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2012, 07:56 AM   #2632
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,119 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation
Unhappy NY City

5 people shot in front of Empire State Building
"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2012, 08:11 AM   #2633
Novelafemme
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 8,925 Times in 1,834 Posts
Novelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Lady_Snow View Post
5 people shot in front of Empire State Building
I just saw this on Huffington. WTF??
Novelafemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Novelafemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2012, 08:11 AM   #2634
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,688 Times in 7,716 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Breaking News: 2 dead, 10 shot......near Empire State Bldg

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/...133611266.html

My heart & prayers go out to everyone in NY!
Old 08-24-2012, 08:41 AM   #2635
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Quote:
Originally Posted by claybaby View Post
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/...133611266.html

My heart & prayers go out to everyone in NY!
"Along 35th street, hundreds of people stood photographing the scene with iPhones and iPads. Television producers roamed the crowd looking for guests. "Was anybody here when this happened? Was anybody here when this happened?" one NBC producer yelled."

iPhones, iPads = the new iPaparazzi

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2012, 09:01 AM   #2636
Leigh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, etc
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 13,026 Times in 4,786 Posts
Leigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST Reputation

i have an iPad and i'd NEVER do that with mine! geez that's nuts

Leigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 03:35 PM   #2637
Toughy

How Do You Identify?:
pervert butch feminist woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
see above
Relationship Status:
independent entity

Thanked 7,656 Times in 1,522 Posts
Toughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
A group of Immigrations and Customs Enforcement agents filed a lawsuit against their own agency Thursday, arguing that the Obama administration is not letting them fully identify and deport illegal immigrants.

Secretary of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano says her department does not have the manpower or money to deport the 11 million illegal immigrants in the USA, so she issued a memorandum last year ordering immigration officials to focus their efforts on dangerous illegal immigrants. In June, Obama announced a program that will allow up to 1.7 million illegal immigrants brought to the USA as children to have deportations deferred for at least two years.

The 10 ICE agents suing Napolitano and ICE Director John Morton say those directives violate the Constitution and federal immigration law. "We are federal law enforcement officers who are being ordered to break the law," said Chris Crane, an ICE agent and president of the National Immigration and Customs Enforcement Council, a union for ICE employees. "This directive puts ICE agents and officers in a horrible position."

The suit is funded by NumbersUSA, a group that proposes lower levels of legal and illegal immigration, and the attorney is Kris Kobach, the secretary of State of Kansas who has helped Arizona and Alabama craft strict anti-illegal-immigration laws. His work on this lawsuit is not part of his official state duties.

http://news.yahoo.com/ice-agents-sue...231136683.html
This is just bullshit especially because under President Obama there have been MORE deportations than under Daddy and Jr Bush, Bill, Reagan and Carter. The deportations have been of (as Sec Napolitano says) undocumented folks with criminal records.

Why do these guys think deporting children makes any sense at all? (this question does not require an answer....the answer is they are ignorant)
I will not assimilate

Toughy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Toughy For This Useful Post:
Old 08-25-2012, 05:24 AM   #2638
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Default August 26th Day of Action - Women's Equality Day

From WORD (Women Organized to Resist and Defend)

On Women’s Equality Day, August 26 – on the eve of the Republican National Convention in Tampa, Florida, which will be immediately followed by the Democratic National Convention - women and their allies will take to the streets of Los Angeles, San Francisco, New York City, Chicago and other cities across the country in defense of women's rights.

Women’s rights are under severe attack. Access to healthcare – including contraception and abortion – childcare, housing, welfare and other benefits are being slashed across the country. We are tired of politicians playing political football with our lives. It’s time we take action. It’s time we organize and fight back.

August 26th - Women’s Equality Day - commemorates the 1920 passage of the 19th amendment, giving women the right to vote. Winning the right to vote was an important victory, but the struggle for full equality continues. Celebrate Women’s Equality Day by taking to the streets and demanding full equality now. Honor the women who fought for the rights we’ve won and continue the struggle for full equality.

Events planned for:

Chicago, IL
Daley Plaza, 11 am

Denver, OC
16th Street Mall, (meet at 16th St and California), 11 am
Die-in to raise awareness women who have died as a result of inequalities.
Organized by We are Women Colorado

Lexington, KY
Robert F Stevens Courthouse, E. Main st, 3 pm
Organized by Kentuckians Against the War on Women

Los Angeles, CA
Hollywood & Vine, 1pm

Milwaukee, WI
Pere Marquette Park, 12pm
Organized by Code Pink and Vets for Peace

New Paltz, NY
Peace Park (next to Village Hall @ 25 Plattekill Ave.), 1pm
New York, NY
47th St & 6th Ave, 1pm

San Francisco, CA
24th & Mission, 12 noon

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 08-25-2012, 08:26 AM   #2639
Andrea

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene

Thanked 15,248 Times in 3,064 Posts
Andrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST Reputation

Texas High School students to be used in a RFID trail program.

http://www.nisd.net/studentlocator/

"Northside ISD is harnessing the power of radio frequency identification technology (RFID) to make schools safer, know where our students are while at school, increase revenues, and provide a general purpose “smart” ID card."

Are you ready for your chip???

I find it interesting that we are so complacent about this type of thing that it isn't even in the news. Really? This is okay with everyone?

What we think about and thank about, we bring about!

Today I will treat my body with love and respect.
Andrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 11:14 AM   #2640
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea View Post
Texas High School students to be used in a RFID trail program.

http://www.nisd.net/studentlocator/

"Northside ISD is harnessing the power of radio frequency identification technology (RFID) to make schools safer, know where our students are while at school, increase revenues, and provide a general purpose “smart” ID card."

Are you ready for your chip???

I find it interesting that we are so complacent about this type of thing that it isn't even in the news. Really? This is okay with everyone?

Hm. Never heard of this before. Wonder if our educational people here are familiar with or involved in other schools with this or something similar.

On the surface, they justify its use well to parents. Who wouldnt want the school to know where their kid is? Who wouldnt want something that is supposed to increase kids security?

Yet, one could easily poke holes in their rationale when looking at the bigger picture.

Thank you for posting this.

Kobi waves to big brother, ever watching, ever wanting to be helpful and useful. I miss privacy.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:

Tags
breaking news, news