Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 12-09-2009, 02:04 AM   #1
QueenofQueens
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Seerauber, Centaurita Bonita, QoQonut, Volupté Suprême
Preferred Pronoun?:
Lux, Ms. Lisbon if you're nasty.
Relationship Status:
Left of Centaur and blissfully betrothed.

QueenofQueens Has the BEST ReputationQueenofQueens Has the BEST ReputationQueenofQueens Has the BEST ReputationQueenofQueens Has the BEST ReputationQueenofQueens Has the BEST ReputationQueenofQueens Has the BEST ReputationQueenofQueens Has the BEST ReputationQueenofQueens Has the BEST ReputationQueenofQueens Has the BEST ReputationQueenofQueens Has the BEST ReputationQueenofQueens Has the BEST Reputation
Exclamation Fussy folks. The everyday things that make us insane.

I just needed to carve a little confessional booth...dig a little hole in the ground behind the house...have some little niche where I can put these things. I thought it might benefit others who, like me, live a life rife with tiny torments.

Here's one:

I hate it when the ends of my sleeves get wet when I'm wearing a long sleeved shirt. IT FUCKING DRIVES ME NUTS.
When this horrible thing happens, I have to stop whatever I'm doing and change my shirt. Elsewise, I might spin aimlessly in a circle clawing at the offensively moistened cuffs, as if I'd been doused with flames.

Thanks for letting me share.

QueenofQueens is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to QueenofQueens For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2009, 03:03 AM   #2
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I agree. Moistened sleeves irritate me endlessly too.

However, today it was the teeny bits of lint and dust on my dark green work shirt and black pants that got my and nearly made me fall down as I twisted and turned with my hand held lint roller.

I was not amused.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2009, 03:58 AM   #3
Selenay

How Do You Identify?:
A soul for a compass and a heart for a pair of wings.
Preferred Pronoun?:
All I ask of living is to have no chains on me.
Relationship Status:
All I own are the strides I spend to the finish line.

1 Highscore

Thanked 1,450 Times in 370 Posts
Selenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST Reputation

I am less obsessively concerned about wet sleeves as I am about wet pant legs.

I have been known to wear bermudas in November rain so I will not have to face them.

Selenay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 05:07 AM   #4
NJFemmie

How Do You Identify?:
The original lime-twisted femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
I answer to most things, especially lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Still loving my Mare ;)

3 Highscores

Thanked 11,425 Times in 2,978 Posts
NJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST Reputation

Wet sleeves/pant legs definitely drive me crazy.

I have a compulsion to make shiny things shiny. It drives me nuts when they're not... for example - faucets. (But it's not limited to faucets). If it was meant to shine, it NEEDS to shine.

I don't know what I was thinking when we got the LG Shine cellphones.

NJFemmie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NJFemmie For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2009, 06:38 AM   #5
NJFemmie

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Still loving my Mare ;)

3 Highscores

NJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST Reputation

Speaking of wet pant cuffs - the rain here has reached biblical proportions - so guess who took off her shoes and has her feeties by the space heater at work???

I think I need to invest in a pair of those fisherman boots.

I feel like one of these ---->

Old 12-09-2009, 07:26 AM   #6
christie

How Do You Identify?:
A Force with which to be reckoned
Preferred Pronoun?:
just be nice...
Relationship Status:
I call her Mine

Thanked 2,476 Times in 706 Posts
christie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputation

My food touching on a plate... drives me nuts. Call us the House of Many Tiny Bowls... so much for Chef Jess' lovely creations... "composed" if you would... nope... not happenin... not on my plate.
christie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 07:36 AM   #7
NJFemmie

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Still loving my Mare ;)

3 Highscores

Quote:
Originally Posted by christie0918 View Post
My food touching on a plate... drives me nuts. Call us the House of Many Tiny Bowls... so much for Chef Jess' lovely creations... "composed" if you would... nope... not happenin... not on my plate.
I may have an extremely "mild" case of this ... I particularly don't like sauces or gravies touching my other food unless I put it there or mix it myself.

I do have a meat on the bone disorder (with the exception of spare ribs). I cannot eat meat off of a bone (I have to yank, cut or tear it off). Mare is a bone eater, so it works out well in our house. For some reason, I can eat the meat off of a spare rib. Go figure.

Old 12-09-2009, 07:42 AM   #8
TeaPartyTart

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
I think "cupcake" has a nice ring to it
Relationship Status:
shackin' up

TeaPartyTart Has the BEST ReputationTeaPartyTart Has the BEST ReputationTeaPartyTart Has the BEST ReputationTeaPartyTart Has the BEST ReputationTeaPartyTart Has the BEST ReputationTeaPartyTart Has the BEST ReputationTeaPartyTart Has the BEST ReputationTeaPartyTart Has the BEST ReputationTeaPartyTart Has the BEST ReputationTeaPartyTart Has the BEST ReputationTeaPartyTart Has the BEST Reputation

Waiting or making people wait.

For instance, if I'm going through a toll booth, I have my money ready (exact change) so when it's my turn, it's a smooth transaction.

I HATE it when people pull up, dig in their purse or wallet or fish around for money. They know the toll is approaching yet they stop and make the entire line of people wait. The irriation octive increases when it's the "Exact change" lane and there are no attendants.

The same thing when we order delivery food. I get the total and have the money ready by the door when the buzzer rings.

Is it sad that I can feel irritated just typing this? Arghhh
TeaPartyTart is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TeaPartyTart For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2009, 08:29 AM   #9
SuperFemme
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 10/24/2010
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Married (one of 18,000)

4 Highscores

Thanked 7,109 Times in 2,327 Posts
SuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenofQueens View Post
I just needed to carve a little confessional booth...dig a little hole in the ground behind the house...have some little niche where I can put these things. I thought it might benefit others who, like me, live a life rife with tiny torments.

Here's one:

I hate it when the ends of my sleeves get wet when I'm wearing a long sleeved shirt. IT FUCKING DRIVES ME NUTS.
When this horrible thing happens, I have to stop whatever I'm doing and change my shirt. Elsewise, I might spin aimlessly in a circle clawing at the offensively moistened cuffs, as if I'd been doused with flames.

Thanks for letting me share.

OMG! I hate that too. I suffer MCS (moist cuff syndrome) and it usually strikes when I am in the kitchen or brushing my teeth. Don't even get me started on my ill fitting pants! When it rains and I have MCS and MSS (moist sock syndrome) I may or may not blow dry my arms and legs.

I also get very stressed after meals (usually the ones that include greens of some sort) because in my mind this might be happening.

and I run my tongue across my teeth until it is bleeding if there is no mirror around. If I am with someone who revels in my freakishness I may ask...do I have something in my teeth?

Phew! I feel better already.
SuperFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SuperFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2009, 09:18 AM   #10
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,383 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

I hate moist sock syndrome to the point that unless snow is deep enough to cover my shoes, I will not wear socks.

The sleeve thing has forced me to own lots of 3/4 lenth sleeves.
Old 12-09-2009, 09:27 AM   #11
NJFemmie

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Still loving my Mare ;)

3 Highscores

Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalipstic View Post
I hate moist sock syndrome to the point that unless snow is deep enough to cover my shoes, I will not wear socks.

The sleeve thing has forced me to own lots of 3/4 lenth sleeves.
I can't STAND 3/4 length sleeves. lol ... I'd rather roll up my sleeves and take a chance than wear clothing that looks like it shrunk only in the arms.

The Following User Says Thank You to NJFemmie For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2009, 09:29 AM   #12
Lynn

How Do You Identify?:
Unabashed Feminine Lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her, She
Relationship Status:
Married!

Thanked 2,416 Times in 504 Posts
Lynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST Reputation

Pantyhose or tights with a sagging crotch are unacceptable. I can't wear them, no matter what.

Wearing wool is very difficult--it itches, feels weird, and just skeeves me out. I might wear cashmere (were I to have any cashmere...), but only with something underneath to buffer me from the itchiness which, apparently, only I experience. I absolutely cannot wear any kind of wool if it gets wet. I have a wool dress coat that I wear with the sleeves rolled up so I can't feel the wool on my wrists. I have to wear gloves, too, so I can't feel the wool on my hands when I touch the coat. I'm getting chills just thinking about it.
that love costs all we are
and will ever be.
Yet it is only love
which sets us free.

Maya Angelou

Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lynn For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2009, 09:30 AM   #13
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Pantyhose or tights with a sagging crotch are unacceptable. I can't wear them, no matter what.

Wearing wool is very difficult--it itches, feels weird, and just skeeves me out. I might wear cashmere (were I to have any cashmere...), but only with something underneath to buffer me from the itchiness which, apparently, only I experience. I absolutely cannot wear any kind of wool if it gets wet. I have a wool dress coat that I wear with the sleeves rolled up so I can't feel the wool on my wrists. I have to wear gloves, too, so I can't feel the wool on my hands when I touch the coat. I'm getting chills just thinking about it.
I am allergic to wool, makes winter difficult.
Old 12-09-2009, 09:40 AM   #14
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

I have ocd very badly. I no longer can wear long sleeved shirts because of it. When I was wearing l/s, if I got anything on the cuffs, I would have to roll them up. And if they got wet, it freaked me out. I would change shirts. I could change shirts 2-3 times a day.

If I get anything on my sportshirt or even my undershirt, off it goes. Laundry is done every single day in my house. That is just how bad my ocd is.

Other things I do...

*I count

*I check and recheck doors, stove & oven, coffee maker, car door locks, car windows

*Saying someone's name in a certain order and 3x's...everything is done in 3's

*I very rarely wear socks. Socks are just one more thing to bother me.
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 10:16 AM   #15
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

OK back to socks.

Where do they come from...the little mounds of them everywhere? Behind the couch, under the bed, in the bathroom corner, in a cabinet????????????? How do they get there?

Where do they go? I have long suspected a link between missing socks and the Bermuda Triangle, Jimmy Hoffa and the Polar Ice Cap. I wonder if when the ice cap melts, a huge sea of lost socks will emerge.

*hrummph*
Old 12-09-2009, 10:27 AM   #16
SuperFemme
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 10/24/2010
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Married (one of 18,000)

4 Highscores

Thanked 7,109 Times in 2,327 Posts
SuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
OK back to socks.

Where do they come from...the little mounds of them everywhere? Behind the couch, under the bed, in the bathroom corner, in a cabinet????????????? How do they get there?

Where do they go? I have long suspected a link between missing socks and the Bermuda Triangle, Jimmy Hoffa and the Polar Ice Cap. I wonder if when the ice cap melts, a huge sea of lost socks will emerge.

*hrummph*

I think there is a Sock Monster (much in the same manner of the Tooth Fairy) that lives in my dryer. It gobbles up my socks but doesn't find matching pairs tasty.

I also have three mini sock monsters with a total of twelve legs. They like to grab and run to the backyard, kennel or under the couch with the prize.
SuperFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 10:31 AM   #17
christie

How Do You Identify?:
A Force with which to be reckoned
Preferred Pronoun?:
just be nice...
Relationship Status:
I call her Mine

Thanked 2,476 Times in 706 Posts
christie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
OK back to socks.

*hrummph*
I often think that MIA socks are reincarnated in plastic clothes hangers. Seems like the more missing socks, the more hangers we have...

Kinda like "Everytime you hear bells ring, an angel gets its wings"...
christie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 10:39 AM   #18
Isadora

How Do You Identify?:
Momma, Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her
Relationship Status:
I am in love. Truly Madly Deeply

Thanked 2,128 Times in 560 Posts
Isadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST Reputation
Default A LOT

Drives me nuts: alot there is NO such word. A lot. A lot. A lot. Now write it five million times on the chalkboard.

Sock: non-consensual foot bondage...hate them. I wear them only when I deem it necessary. "You are cold, put on some damn socks." NO! Drives people crazy, a lot.

Read me! www.leatherati.com
Isadora is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Isadora For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2009, 10:41 AM   #19
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFemme View Post

I think there is a Sock Monster (much in the same manner of the Tooth Fairy) that lives in my dryer. It gobbles up my socks but doesn't find matching pairs tasty.

I also have three mini sock monsters with a total of twelve legs. They like to grab and run to the backyard, kennel or under the couch with the prize.
I have long suspected mini sock monsters, however I have never actually seen them with a sock. Maybe while I am sleeping?

Quote:
Originally Posted by christie0918 View Post
I often think that MIA socks are reincarnated in plastic clothes hangers. Seems like the more missing socks, the more hangers we have...

Kinda like "Everytime you hear bells ring, an angel gets its wings"...
Indeed.....hmmmm....maybe ours turn into tumbleweeds of animal hair? *ponders*
Old 12-09-2009, 10:42 AM   #20
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,180 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I, too, have a Sock Monster.

Her name is Lucy. I have seen her climb into a sock~wearing visitor's suitcase and run off with one of their socks in seconds. She has it down to a science!

She has a basket of socks, and occasionally, she will bring me one to play tug-of-war with and such fond memories are evoked......"Oh Boo! It's your Unkie Dylan's sock when he came to paint the girl room 2 years ago!"

It's a fun game.

Wait.
What was the subject of this thread again?
Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:

Tags
anal_retentive, freak, fussy, issues