Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 03-21-2010, 09:35 PM   #61
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I'm not that crazy about musicals unless the story is strong. I loved "Kiss of The Spider Woman" but really didnt care for Cats.

But live theater I love. My nephew was in a really good school production of "The Crucible" which I love. They did a great job and I really love watch small productions.

Many many moons ago NYC had a place in the Village, I think that had off beat, sometimes controversial theater. I forget the name. It was so long ago but I remember seeing some cool, yet bizarre shows there.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2010, 11:37 AM   #62
Darth Denkay

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm good with whatever
Relationship Status:
in love and loved

Darth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

We have mostly focused on Broadway musicals here, but live theater in general is great. We have a couple really good community theaters here - when I leave Memphis there won't be much that I miss, but I know I will miss the live theater here. Hopefully wherever I land will have a strong community theater.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachita View Post
I'm not that crazy about musicals unless the story is strong. I loved "Kiss of The Spider Woman" but really didnt care for Cats.

But live theater I love. My nephew was in a really good school production of "The Crucible" which I love. They did a great job and I really love watch small productions.

Many many moons ago NYC had a place in the Village, I think that had off beat, sometimes controversial theater. I forget the name. It was so long ago but I remember seeing some cool, yet bizarre shows there.
Old 03-28-2010, 12:26 PM   #63
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Denkay View Post
We have mostly focused on Broadway musicals here, but live theater in general is great. We have a couple really good community theaters here - when I leave Memphis there won't be much that I miss, but I know I will miss the live theater here. Hopefully wherever I land will have a strong community theater.
where are you heading? I'm sure Memphis lacks many things. How about Nashville?

I am outside a small town, Danville, VA. I miss culture and things I had in South Florida but I'd never move back to Florida. I could easily drive to DC and I might make time or even Raleigh-Durham but to be honest when I have free time, which isnt easy to come by, chances are it will be spent with very few people about. lol - But I do sometimes long for more community and often feel isolated here.
Old 03-30-2010, 07:05 PM   #64
Darth Denkay

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm good with whatever
Relationship Status:
in love and loved

Darth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Funny you mention it, Nashville is where I hope to put down roots in a year or so. I do know there is a strong theater community there, so if I land there I should be set. And yes, Memphis lacks many many things. And one of these days it will lack me too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachita View Post
where are you heading? I'm sure Memphis lacks many things. How about Nashville?

I am outside a small town, Danville, VA. I miss culture and things I had in South Florida but I'd never move back to Florida. I could easily drive to DC and I might make time or even Raleigh-Durham but to be honest when I have free time, which isnt easy to come by, chances are it will be spent with very few people about. lol - But I do sometimes long for more community and often feel isolated here.
Old 04-13-2010, 05:27 AM   #65
Sybelle

How Do You Identify?:
see Scota_Parisi
Preferred Pronoun?:
see Scota_Parisi
Relationship Status:
see Scota_Parisi

Sybelle has a reputation beyond reputeSybelle has a reputation beyond reputeSybelle has a reputation beyond reputeSybelle has a reputation beyond reputeSybelle has a reputation beyond reputeSybelle has a reputation beyond reputeSybelle has a reputation beyond reputeSybelle has a reputation beyond reputeSybelle has a reputation beyond reputeSybelle has a reputation beyond reputeSybelle has a reputation beyond repute

After a lot of not so nice life stuff I moved into a place with my wild, teenaged daughter - who was our budding thespian. On a whim I auditioned for Steel Magnolias with a small theater group here. Came away as the Assistant Director for Steel Magnolias and I was hooked. My daughter opted out. She was trying to hurry up and grow up.

Trial by fire is a nice way of phrasing my introduction to live community theater. And I was still hooked. After that I worked backstage (aka teched) for a local production of Crowns. Talk about a lot of hats! Also, helped paint the stage/set for that one.

Took a few classes, learned about building characters and various "methods" of acting. Who knew? Landed a part in "Harvey" and I came away knowing I still had a lot to learn. Then it was "The Best Christmas Pageant Ever". Followed by playing the "Widow Douglas" in "the Adventures of Tom Sawyer - the musical." Who knew there was a Tom Sawyer musical?

Then another theater group held auditions for a show called WV: Words and Music. They wanted singers and actors and singer/actors. I really sing (singing with the symphony chorus). Acting was a way to help work on the onstage jittery solo stuff. So I auditioned to sing and came away with two very powerful monologues. The music in the show was very moving. Appalachian song has a way of pricking the heart. Our largest audience in the small Walker theater at the Clay Center was around 200. It was such an intimate setting. Onstage there, I had the first experience with really settling into the characters so well - I could see what the ancient Greeks admired about theater.

Managed to work my way into the tech crew of a local Light Opera Guild production of Peter Pan, also at the Clay Center. That was a kick yo ass production. With the fly in sets and the pieces that we had to move in and out, AND the flying kids - no pressure! Ha! But loooooooooved it. The energy was amazing.

Finished up a show last week with another theater group geared towards the younger generation and came away with a huge appreciation for the heart it takes to do just that. They work with the kids other theater groups here in town seem to want to dub "trouble". Some talented young people!

There is something about being involved from the beginning to the very end of a show. I've worked in bad shows, and in higher end production shows. You learn something with each show and with each director. And sometimes, you learn things about yourself.

This last show I finished? My girlfriend of 4 years, broke up with me on opening weekend. What had been an already stressful production, became even more so. But, under pressure, I performed and maintained that same level of energy necessary for each show. After it was done? Then came the tears and now I'm sorting through things, myself. She and I had a complicated story anyways. But that's for another thread.

Started production Sunday night for another show. My daughter is in this one! Our first one together. Should be interesting.

Yes, I love, live theater!

Last edited by Sybelle; 04-13-2010 at 05:56 AM. Reason: my bad typing skillz and half sleepy fact sorting.
Sybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sybelle For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2010, 01:23 PM   #66
BestButchBoy

How Do You Identify?:
Male ID

Thanked 5,459 Times in 2,038 Posts
BestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sybelle View Post
After a lot of not so nice life stuff I moved into a place with my wild, teenaged daughter - who was our budding thespian. On a whim I auditioned for Steel Magnolias with a small theater group here. Came away as the Assistant Director for Steel Magnolias and I was hooked. My daughter opted out. She was trying to hurry up and grow up.

Trial by fire is a nice way of phrasing my introduction to live community theater. And I was still hooked. After that I worked backstage (aka teched) for a local production of Crowns. Talk about a lot of hats! Also, helped paint the stage/set for that one.

Took a few classes, learned about building characters and various "methods" of acting. Who knew? Landed a part in "Harvey" and I came away knowing I still had a lot to learn. Then it was "The Best Christmas Pageant Ever". Followed by playing the "Widow Douglas" in "the Adventures of Tom Sawyer - the musical." Who knew there was a Tom Sawyer musical?

Then another theater group held auditions for a show called WV: Words and Music. They wanted singers and actors and singer/actors. I really sing (singing with the symphony chorus). Acting was a way to help work on the onstage jittery solo stuff. So I auditioned to sing and came away with two very powerful monologues. The music in the show was very moving. Appalachian song has a way of pricking the heart. Our largest audience in the small Walker theater at the Clay Center was around 200. It was such an intimate setting. Onstage there, I had the first experience with really settling into the characters so well - I could see what the ancient Greeks admired about theater.

Managed to work my way into the tech crew of a local Light Opera Guild production of Peter Pan, also at the Clay Center. That was a kick yo ass production. With the fly in sets and the pieces that we had to move in and out, AND the flying kids - no pressure! Ha! But loooooooooved it. The energy was amazing.

Finished up a show last week with another theater group geared towards the younger generation and came away with a huge appreciation for the heart it takes to do just that. They work with the kids other theater groups here in town seem to want to dub "trouble". Some talented young people!

There is something about being involved from the beginning to the very end of a show. I've worked in bad shows, and in higher end production shows. You learn something with each show and with each director. And sometimes, you learn things about yourself.

This last show I finished? My girlfriend of 4 years, broke up with me on opening weekend. What had been an already stressful production, became even more so. But, under pressure, I performed and maintained that same level of energy necessary for each show. After it was done? Then came the tears and now I'm sorting through things, myself. She and I had a complicated story anyways. But that's for another thread.

Started production Sunday night for another show. My daughter is in this one! Our first one together. Should be interesting.

Yes, I love, live theater!
Brava!

I admire your determination and courage to get on the stage. Agreed--there's nothing like being in it from the beginning. When I lived in Boston I was on the board of directors for a theatre group (I'm a behind the scenes kinda theatre guy) and loved being in the game from concept to completion.

Cheers for Queers!
BestButchBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BestButchBoy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2010, 01:39 PM   #67
always2late

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
m'lady

Thanked 6,231 Times in 1,462 Posts
always2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputation

I LOVE Broadway!! My parents had this tradition that I think I am gonna start with my son. Every Christmas, my parents would give my brother and me tickets to a Broadway show. When we were younger they would go with us...as we got older, they gave us two tickets so we could go with whoever. I think its time for a tradition revival!

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there ~ Rumi
always2late is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to always2late For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2010, 08:22 PM   #68
Darth Denkay

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm good with whatever
Relationship Status:
in love and loved

Member Photo Albums

So if there's ever a show your son doesn't want to see, I wouldn't want you to waste the ticket so I could probably be persuaded to take the ticket off your hands - you know, cause I'm just that kinda guy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by always2late View Post
I LOVE Broadway!! My parents had this tradition that I think I am gonna start with my son. Every Christmas, my parents would give my brother and me tickets to a Broadway show. When we were younger they would go with us...as we got older, they gave us two tickets so we could go with whoever. I think its time for a tradition revival!
Old 05-17-2010, 11:11 AM   #69
Ryobi

How Do You Identify?:
TG Stone Butch. Over all, I identify by living my life.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/His

Thanked 1,238 Times in 357 Posts
Ryobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST Reputation

"Theodore Bikel has had a legendary career: He has played Tevye in Fiddler on the Roof more than 2,000 times over 37 years; he was the original Baron Von Trapp in the Broadway production of The Sound of Music; he has appeared in 35 films, including The African Queen and The Defiant Ones. “A performance by Theodore Bikel is a historic occasion in and of itself,” writes AV theater editor Anthony Chase."

Read more: http://artvoice.com/issues/v5n37/see...#ixzz0oCtDj2rs

It was a bitter sweet moment last night at the final curtain for Fiddler on the Roof. Mr. Bikel gave a short but sweet speech announcing his retirement from the roll of Tevye. (It was unclear if he retired from acting completely but, he IS 87 years old.)
I've had the pleasure of working with him twice, someone I will never forget. It was quite an honor for our local and our theater to close a legend.

Mr. Bikel, Enjoy the rest of your life journey. And by all means, have a good show.

"To choose a word is to choose a world" Anonymous
Ryobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ryobi For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2010, 11:21 AM   #70
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Thanked 28,131 Times in 6,414 Posts
Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryobi View Post
I've had the pleasure of working with him twice, someone I will never forget. It was quite an honor for our local and our theater to close a legend.

Mr. Bikel, Enjoy the rest of your life journey. And by all means, have a good show.

That is an honor. I love that you have been able to work with him. That's something you don't forget. I imagine you have seen some amazing/stupefying things from your side of the curtains.
Arwen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arwen For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2010, 11:36 AM   #71
cinderella

How Do You Identify?:
Pinky's mommy :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Su Majestad
Relationship Status:
Happy with my puppy

Thanked 1,502 Times in 637 Posts
cinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputation

Hey, where have I been that I missed this thread??? I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE musicals. However, I rarely been to live theatre, tho I did catch 'Man of LaMancha' when it first came out eons ago on Broadway, NYC. But, even tho it can't compare to live theatre, I have seen and own on tape (yeah, I still have a
VCR, lol), many, many musicals of the golden age of musicals - the 50's, and 60's, ie, West Side Story, et al. I have them all and love them all.

Gypsy with the incomparable Roz Russell and Natalie Wood played on TCM the other night. I own it, and have seen it a gazillion times, but still watch it whenever it comes on - I love that musical.

Gigi is another fave, so is Camelot and My Fair Lady - gosh, I could just go on and on. Which are your faves? I've heard that Wicked is awesome, but never have seen it - hope to tho.

The is an organ of fire.
cinderella is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cinderella For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2010, 12:11 PM   #72
cinderella

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Su Majestad
Relationship Status:
Happy with my puppy

cinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputation

What an honor to be involved with this legend. The productions you've mentioned here are classic. I never had the privlege to see them in 'live' theater, but of course have seen the movie versions, and they are among my favorites. How lucky for you to be involved in theatre - it has always been a dream of mine to act - being the ham that I am, lol.

Quote:
"Theodore Bikel has had a legendary career: He has played Tevye in Fiddler on the Roof more than 2,000 times over 37 years; he was the original Baron Von Trapp in the Broadway production of The Sound of Music; he has appeared in 35 films, including The African Queen and The Defiant Ones. “A performance by Theodore Bikel is a historic occasion in and of itself,” writes AV theater editor Anthony Chase."

Read more: http://artvoice.com/issues/v5n37/see...#ixzz0oCtDj2rs

It was a bitter sweet moment last night at the final curtain for Fiddler on the Roof. Mr. Bikel gave a short but sweet speech announcing his retirement from the roll of Tevye. (It was unclear if he retired from acting completely but, he IS 87 years old.)

The is an organ of fire.
Old 05-17-2010, 10:55 PM   #73
Ryobi

How Do You Identify?:
TG Stone Butch. Over all, I identify by living my life.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/His

Thanked 1,238 Times in 357 Posts
Ryobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwen View Post

That is an honor. I love that you have been able to work with him. That's something you don't forget. I imagine you have seen some amazing/stupefying things from your side of the curtains.
Indeed, I have seen some amazing/stupefying things on the backstage side. "making the magic happen" isn't always easy but, it is always cool as hell. And, for the most part, the people I meet are also cool as hell. From the big names, to the no name yet, to the animals, it truly is awesome.

"I've heard that Wicked is awesome, but never have seen it - hope to tho." cinderella, I have only two words for "Wicked", IT'S AMAZING. And all the films you talked about, I'm trying to catch up. lol

"To choose a word is to choose a world" Anonymous
Ryobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ryobi For This Useful Post:
Old 05-20-2010, 12:07 AM   #74
Darth Denkay

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm good with whatever
Relationship Status:
in love and loved

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
"I've heard that Wicked is awesome, but never have seen it - hope to tho." cinderella, I have only two words for "Wicked", IT'S AMAZING. And all the films you talked about, I'm trying to catch up. lol
Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes!
Old 05-20-2010, 03:53 PM   #75
Cyclopea

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Lesbian

Thanked 1,617 Times in 633 Posts
Cyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST Reputation

May 20, 2010, 1:00 PM
I Meant to Do That: ‘The Pee-wee Herman Show’ Coming to Broadway
By DAVE ITZKOFF

The next time you hear Pee-wee Herman snidely ask, “I know you are but what am I?,” the correct answer is: Broadway-bound.

On Thursday, the producers announced that “The Pee-wee Herman Show,” the original stage comedy that set that manic man-child character portrayed by Paul Reubens on a path to cult stardom, will transfer to Broadway in the fall for a six-week run.

Though Mr. Reubens, 57, is generally much more low-key than his impish, bow-tie-clad alter ego, his impending date with Broadway stirred a little Pee-wee style exuberance within him.

“I can hardly believe it,” Mr. Reubens said Wednesday evening in a telephone interview. “Honestly, I’ve been pinching myself.”
----------------
Read the rest at:

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/20...g-to-broadway/
Cyclopea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 10:07 PM   #76
Sybelle

How Do You Identify?:
see Scota_Parisi
Preferred Pronoun?:
see Scota_Parisi
Relationship Status:
see Scota_Parisi

Sybelle has a reputation beyond reputeSybelle has a reputation beyond reputeSybelle has a reputation beyond reputeSybelle has a reputation beyond reputeSybelle has a reputation beyond reputeSybelle has a reputation beyond reputeSybelle has a reputation beyond reputeSybelle has a reputation beyond reputeSybelle has a reputation beyond reputeSybelle has a reputation beyond reputeSybelle has a reputation beyond repute

Not quite broadway, but gearing up for a new show with a local production company. Should be interesting. I'm playing a lesbian girl's school headmistress. It has drama, no lesbians were harmed in the making and damned if I don't want to cry. Good story overall. We open in two weeks!
Old 05-24-2010, 04:54 AM   #77
Sybelle

How Do You Identify?:
see Scota_Parisi
Preferred Pronoun?:
see Scota_Parisi
Relationship Status:
see Scota_Parisi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sybelle View Post
Not quite broadway, but gearing up for a new show with a local production company. Should be interesting. I'm playing a lesbian girl's school headmistress. It has drama, no lesbians were harmed in the making and damned if I don't want to cry. Good story overall. We open in two weeks!

Or I should say, a girl's school headmistress who is also a lesbian. It was late, I plead to being tired! *grins*
Old 05-24-2010, 10:17 AM   #78
cinderella

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Su Majestad
Relationship Status:
Happy with my puppy

Wow! With all these accolades for Wicked, now I def have got to see it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Denkay View Post
Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes!

The is an organ of fire.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:24 AM   #79
turasultana

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
spoken for

turasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputation

Le Cage aux Folles - revival on broadway is great. So funny. Deserves all the tony nominations, especially for the guy playing Albin!
turasultana is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to turasultana For This Useful Post:
Old 06-04-2010, 03:28 PM   #80
Sybelle

How Do You Identify?:
see Scota_Parisi
Preferred Pronoun?:
see Scota_Parisi
Relationship Status:
see Scota_Parisi

Show opened last night to some great reviews. Cross your fingers that we get more of the same for the next five performances. Two this weekend, and three next weekend - should wind everything up.

Then I'm off to help with a production of Barnum. But that's tech and during the final tech week. And working tech on a show can be stressful, but not like being ON the stage.

Woot.

Tags
broadway, live theater, musicals