Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > RELATIONSHIPS, COMMUNITY, GROUPS > LGBT Activism, Allies, ETC.

Old 05-30-2010, 09:08 PM   #1
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Thanked 13,993 Times in 2,596 Posts
Nat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST Reputation
Default LGBTQ Allies - Recognition and Thanks

My straight friend Suzanne is awesome. She goes to an LGBTQ-embracing church, she walks in AIDS walks despite ankle problems, she's going to Pride next week, she is the person who told me about the Queer the Census stickers and she also mentioned how happy she was there was a box for "ally" on those stickers, so she has an opportunity to participate. She does all that and more just because she's great, just because it's part of her value system, just because she's a thoughtful, ethics-driven person who wants to live in a just, fair and accepting world. I think she was originally inspired by getting to know her gay uncle, and it's such a relief to know she has my back and it's not personal so much as it's just who she is. I wish there were more people in the world like her.

Yesterday, I was totally enjoying poetry slam poetry on youtube, and I ran into Alvin Lau's "Full Moon" which I actually got to hear live a few years back at the International Poetry Slam here in Austin. It's a poem about his sister's wedding to another woman, and it made me think:

I am so thankful for our allies.

Quote:
...my mom always told us that everyone is entitled to their opinion.
I can think what I want, and you can think what you want,
but that doesn't keep me from being right and you from being fucking wrong
because anyone who thinks that my sister can't live freely can go straight to hell
Do not pass purgatory, to not collect alterna-salvation
I wanna be able to wipe away my sister's tears
with a copy of the Constitution that doesn't take away her right to say "I do"
I wanna be able to read this poem anytime, anywhere
without having to worry about homophobic judgment from all of you...
Thank you Suzanne. Thank you Alvin Lau.

- Bjork

What is to give light must endure burning.

-Viktor Frankl
Nat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Nat For This Useful Post:
Old 05-31-2010, 08:24 PM   #2
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Nat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST Reputation

Thank you, Lady Gaga

- Bjork

-Viktor Frankl
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Nat For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2010, 08:47 AM   #3
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Thank you to the Byrd family of Jasper, Texas for advocating that orientation and gender identity be included in the James Byrd Jr Hate Crimes Act within the state of Texas. At a recent Equality Texas meeting, I was told that it was only because of the Byrd family's insistence that orientation and gender identity were not excluded. Their advocacy paved the way for the passing of the Matthew Shepard and James Byrd, Jr. Hate Crimes Prevention Act which became federal law last fall. I am deeply grateful that this family, having endured the pain of losing a son/father in such a terrible way, has provided such staunch support for us all.

Sidenote- James Byrd jr.'s son is also an advocate for abolishing the death penalty for which I am also very grateful.

- Bjork

-Viktor Frankl
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Nat For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2010, 09:15 AM   #4
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,870 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Thank you 10-year-old Will Phillips from right here in Arkansas for refusing to say the Pledge of Allegiance until Gay people have equal marriage rights~

Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2010, 09:22 AM   #5
UofMfan
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
A very happy Mr. Grumpy Cat

Thanked 18,942 Times in 4,709 Posts
UofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
Thank you 10-year-old Will Phillips from right here in Arkansas for refusing to say the Pledge of Allegiance until Gay people have equal marriage rights~

Yes! I saw this and wanted to adopt him What a bright, articulate, and amazing young man he is!
UofMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to UofMfan For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2010, 09:28 AM   #6
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,870 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by UofMfan View Post
Yes! I saw this and wanted to adopt him What a bright, articulate, and amazing young man he is!

Isnt he fab?! I loved seeing it all over the national news....kinda helps people understand that Arkansas is not a "hotbed of ignorance" as is often portrayed in the media.
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2010, 06:27 PM   #7
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

- Bjork

-Viktor Frankl
Old 10-07-2010, 05:06 PM   #8
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

- Bjork

-Viktor Frankl
Old 11-18-2010, 10:28 AM   #9
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Tina Fey

- Bjork

-Viktor Frankl
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nat For This Useful Post:
Old 09-17-2011, 09:37 PM   #10
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Jay Leno

- Bjork

-Viktor Frankl
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nat For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2012, 12:47 PM   #11
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

George Clooney

Though I don't agree with his assertion that our rights are the "final leg" of the civil rights movement.

- Bjork

-Viktor Frankl
The Following User Says Thank You to Nat For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2012, 10:18 AM   #12
1ladyface

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
loved and loving

1ladyface Has the BEST Reputation1ladyface Has the BEST Reputation1ladyface Has the BEST Reputation1ladyface Has the BEST Reputation1ladyface Has the BEST Reputation1ladyface Has the BEST Reputation1ladyface Has the BEST Reputation1ladyface Has the BEST Reputation1ladyface Has the BEST Reputation1ladyface Has the BEST Reputation1ladyface Has the BEST Reputation

My baby brother and I are both queer and our mum was born in Toronto. She recently decided to do the paperwork and get her dual citizenship so that my brother and I could "possibly get married someday". (to our partners not each other, just realized that sounded weird.) I don't think I want to move to Canada but it was a very nice gesture. Now we're a family of dualies!

-ladyface

http://www.1ladyface.blogspot.com
1ladyface is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 1ladyface For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2012, 05:34 PM   #13
LeftWriteFemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Daddy's good girl

Thanked 12,321 Times in 5,198 Posts
LeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Default Have you all seen this?

There are a bunch of these, I figured we could start with the first one...

Please take a look at my work
Click on flashing smilie to see my website

To look at my Daddy/girl erotica book Click on pompom girl to see Elbows on the Table, Palms Flat
LeftWriteFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LeftWriteFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-11-2018, 09:24 AM   #14
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached to my boyfriend and future husband.

Thanked 31,991 Times in 9,939 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default Bump Bump (8 years later....)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nat View Post
My straight friend Suzanne is awesome. She goes to an LGBTQ-embracing church, she walks in AIDS walks despite ankle problems, she's going to Pride next week, she is the person who told me about the Queer the Census stickers and she also mentioned how happy she was there was a box for "ally" on those stickers, so she has an opportunity to participate. She does all that and more just because she's great, just because it's part of her value system, just because she's a thoughtful, ethics-driven person who wants to live in a just, fair and accepting world. I think she was originally inspired by getting to know her gay uncle, and it's such a relief to know she has my back and it's not personal so much as it's just who she is. I wish there were more people in the world like her.

Yesterday, I was totally enjoying poetry slam poetry on youtube, and I ran into Alvin Lau's "Full Moon" which I actually got to hear live a few years back at the International Poetry Slam here in Austin. It's a poem about his sister's wedding to another woman, and it made me think:

I am so thankful for our allies.

Thank you Suzanne. Thank you Alvin Lau.
Thanks Nat for your activism ..... and this thread (it's wonderful).
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 04:10 PM   #15
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,089 Times in 8,590 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation
Default Suranne Jones Is Thrilled To Be The UK’s LGBTQ Ally

Suranne Jones wins the award for Celebrity Ally sponsored by Deutsche Bank at the 6th annual British LGBT Awards. Presented by Stuart Lewis.
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 11-27-2020, 04:17 PM   #16
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation
Default And speaking of Gentleman Jack..

“Gentleman Jack” will be back on our screens in the not too distant future.

The BBC and HBO historical drama has officially begun production on season 2 in the U.K. under local COVID-19 guidelines. Suranne Jones is set to reprise her role as Anne Lister, with Sophie Rundle returning as her new wife Ann Walker.

News of the show’s return to set comes over a year-and-a-half after it was renewed for a second outing. Season 2 will once again use the real diaries of Anne Lister as a main source.

It will be set in Yorkshire in the year 1834, and follow Anne and Ann as they set up home together at Shibden Hall as wife and wife, determined to combine their estates and become a power couple. Anne Lister’s entrepreneurial spirit frightens the locals as much as her unconventional love life and, with Halifax on the brink of revolution, her refusal to keep a low profile becomes provocative and dangerous.
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post: