Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > GENDER AND IDENTITY > The Lesbian Zone

Old 12-29-2017, 12:15 PM   #41
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by introverted1 View Post
I don't feel pressure to "prove" myself as it were, but being femme, I'm definitely not visible. Nobody would guess I'm a lesbian.
Perhaps you need to get some sort of rainbow thingy? Either a pin or some trinket to give a signal to the butches......just saying couldn't hurt
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2018, 07:25 PM   #42
introverted1

How Do You Identify?:
Femme

introverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputation

Thanks, Homoe...bought myself some rainbow bling yesterday. We shall see what happens!
introverted1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to introverted1 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-01-2020, 09:25 AM   #43
MaddieRobbie

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Free

MaddieRobbie Has the BEST ReputationMaddieRobbie Has the BEST ReputationMaddieRobbie Has the BEST ReputationMaddieRobbie Has the BEST ReputationMaddieRobbie Has the BEST ReputationMaddieRobbie Has the BEST ReputationMaddieRobbie Has the BEST ReputationMaddieRobbie Has the BEST ReputationMaddieRobbie Has the BEST ReputationMaddieRobbie Has the BEST ReputationMaddieRobbie Has the BEST Reputation
Default Proving It.

As a femme who loves a little makeup and my long hair, I have often been called out for conforming to a patriarchal/Madison Avenue ideal of "beauty". How I present is occasionally not seen as me expressing my sense of self, and I have been dismissed as someone just going through a phase, a "pretendbian" (a great freaking term) or worse, looking for a third to join me and my husband.

I try and make jokes about me knowing the secret handshake or having left my membership card at home in my flannel shirt, but the truth is it does hurt having to prove myself to others. They don't know the battles with my family over my identity or my own struggle to live my truth and love myself. I tried to conform to what I thought a "lesbian" should look like and that didn't feel right for me, either.

So...I just try and be me. I still get men who don't believe I'm a lesbian (although I bet they go home and think about it later...) and others who feel I femme it up too much, but I can't spend my life worrying about what anyone else thinks, can I? t took me a long time to arrive at this point and I will own every bit of it with pride.
MaddieRobbie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MaddieRobbie For This Useful Post:
Old 09-01-2020, 11:48 PM   #44
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,473 Times in 10,186 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

There is absolutely no pressure who I am. I'm not a walking billboard. I'm that very feminine woman, you can't tell. And why would I tell? If the need arises, and I feel comfortable, my wants and desires come out.

No need for men to wonder, there is never a moment to give them a chance. Even some of my friends don't know. There is a time and place for everything. It's my life and I'll expose my lifestyle in due time.

No peer pressure. And I bet I have friends who can vouch for me! 😉

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 09-02-2020, 09:04 PM   #45
clementinefemme

How Do You Identify?:
femme

clementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputation

I've found that de-centering men in my life has eliminated this worry. Men mostly want lesbians to "prove" they are gay for one of two reasons: 1) to get them to enact or at least evoke the male fantasy of lesbian sex for them to get off to or 2) by failing to "prove" their lesbianism, implicitly open the door to straight male advances.

Not sure this contributes anything to this thread or not lol. But here are the questions I would suggest asking yourself if you're confronted with this issue:
1. Why do I feel the need to prove anything to this person?
2. Do I feel safe right now? Is this person intentionally making me uncomfortable by asking invasive questions?
clementinefemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to clementinefemme For This Useful Post: