Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > RELATIONSHIPS, COMMUNITY, GROUPS > LGBT Activism, Allies, ETC.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-17-2010, 09:41 PM   #1
katsarecool

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Woman
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 1,765 Times in 734 Posts
katsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputation
Default A World Without Hate~LGBT Community

Just imagine some date in time; the future perhaps the not too distant future. That all laws are struck down that deny us full equality in every country in the world.

There is no doubt in my mind that this will happen. Perhaps not complete equality in the entire world but I predict it in developed countries for sure and probably in my lifetime. It took one session of the Supreme Court to wipe out sodomy laws all across the USA. Many southern states still had these laws on the books and they were being enforced against our community only. It could take a session this year to strike down DOMA.

What do you envision this world to be like? What changes will take place in our community; if any?

Do you think it will change how we see ourselves? Our relationships? How we feel about each other? Our workplaces? What will happen to our elderly? Our youth?

I am interested in what people think about our future.