Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > RELATIONSHIPS, COMMUNITY, GROUPS > LGBT Activism, Allies, ETC.

Old 12-22-2009, 08:30 PM   #1
Dean Thoreau

How Do You Identify?:
Ftm - Male- exfemale
Preferred Pronoun?:
He’s Him
Relationship Status:
Has a gf

Dean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST Reputation
Default The KIVA Team

Greetings,
The current members of the Kiva Team wish to invite you to join:

I want to recruit you to my lending team, BFPlanet, on Kiva, a non-profit website that allows you to lend as little as $25 to a specific low-income entrepreneur across the globe. You choose who to lend to - whether a baker in Afghanistan, a goat herder in Uganda, a farmer in Peru, a restaurateur in Cambodia, or a tailor in Iraq - and as they repay the loan, you get your money back.

If you join my lending team, we can work together to alleviate poverty. Once you're a part of the team, you can choose to have a future loan on Kiva "count" towards our team's impact. The loan is still yours, and repayments still come to you - but you can also choose to have the loan show up in our team's collective portfolio, so our team's overall impact will grow!

The link for the team is below,,you can join Kiva and the team before you even make a loan...to anyone....so check it out.

Feel free to choose not to join but please do not post negatives that will dampen the spirits of people who have chosen to be a team.

Edited to add by Linus:

Please keep in mind that this is neither endorsed or sanctioned by BFP. This is a member run project.

Last edited by Linus; 01-01-2010 at 04:05 PM. Reason: Adding in Caveat
Dean Thoreau is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dean Thoreau For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2010, 04:05 PM   #2
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

*bumpity bump*

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2010, 04:35 PM   #3
PapaC

How Do You Identify?:
FTM-Queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

PapaC Has the BEST ReputationPapaC Has the BEST ReputationPapaC Has the BEST ReputationPapaC Has the BEST ReputationPapaC Has the BEST ReputationPapaC Has the BEST ReputationPapaC Has the BEST ReputationPapaC Has the BEST ReputationPapaC Has the BEST ReputationPapaC Has the BEST ReputationPapaC Has the BEST Reputation

KIVA is an organization worth supporting. hands down. It's on my list as a developer (when I have some money to spare --hopefully soon)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PapaC For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2010, 05:31 PM   #4
Heart

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
rainbows!

Thanked 2,531 Times in 412 Posts
Heart Has the BEST ReputationHeart Has the BEST ReputationHeart Has the BEST ReputationHeart Has the BEST ReputationHeart Has the BEST ReputationHeart Has the BEST ReputationHeart Has the BEST ReputationHeart Has the BEST ReputationHeart Has the BEST ReputationHeart Has the BEST ReputationHeart Has the BEST Reputation

This article is worth reading if you plan to give to Kiva:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/09/bu...kiva.html?_r=1
Heart is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Heart For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2010, 09:10 PM   #5
Cyclopea

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Lesbian

Thanked 1,617 Times in 633 Posts
Cyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart View Post
This article is worth reading if you plan to give to Kiva:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/09/bu...kiva.html?_r=1
Thanks Heart- That's a pretty good article explaining how micro-lending works now and where it is going in the future.
Let's support it!
Cyclopea is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cyclopea For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2010, 05:42 PM   #6
Dean Thoreau

How Do You Identify?:
Ftm - Male- exfemale
Preferred Pronoun?:
He’s Him
Relationship Status:
Has a gf

Dean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST Reputation
Default Loans so far

So far the BF Planet members have attributed 3 loans to BFPlanet. The three members of the BFPlanet have made a total of 54 loans to various indviduals on Kiva. Three of these loans BFPlanet has received credit for. this is beacuse some people belong to more than one team...

2 loans to the
Five Virgins Group
Clothing Sales, Ghana
Paying Back
16% repaid

one loan to:
Princess Odiase
Beauty Salon, Nigeria
Paying Back
25% repaid

As you can see both individuals have been paying back their loans.

Please join Kiva, loan some funds (25 dollars is all it takes) you get repaid....
When you attribute a loan to a team it means the team gets credit for it...it does not mean you give the loan to the team or the team has any control of the funds. You control the funds you lend.

the GLBT Team on kiva has lent a total of about 800,000 dollars to date....

www.kiva.org check it out

it is fun,

Old 11-24-2012, 05:09 AM   #7
sis
Diva!

How Do You Identify?:
StoneFemme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her
Relationship Status:
Content!

Thanked 1,401 Times in 296 Posts
sis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default bumpity, b!ump, bump

This is a great gift for the person who has 'everything'! Actually, I've known about KIVA for several years; I only discovered this interest group today! I encourage those that are able to join and make a difference!

Deb
sis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sis For This Useful Post:
Old 11-24-2012, 09:19 AM   #8
laruss

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She or Goddess
Relationship Status:
Settled in

Thanked 5,328 Times in 1,045 Posts
laruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputation

I am a huge KIVA fan and have been donating for years. I do not belong to the BFP team as I already belong to a team. I encourage everyone to join. You can loan the same $25 over and over again, you don't need to make a large donation to make a difference.
The Following User Says Thank You to laruss For This Useful Post: