Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 03-19-2010, 04:46 AM   #41
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Thanked 12,949 Times in 3,419 Posts
Miss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST Reputation

Do I agree with her choice?

No. But it's her choice and I respect that.
Miss Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Miss Scarlett For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2010, 05:34 AM   #42
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Hey, Bit.

I am running off to work, but I wanted to acknowledge your post and let you know that I will respond tonight.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 06:00 AM   #43
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

Thanked 13,118 Times in 3,391 Posts
Soon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Softhearted View Post
She might be the one inviting the media into her world but I don't think that her children invited the media into their world...

Yes, her children didn't call up the media but, as their adult parent, she CHOSE to invite the media and any intrusion into her children's lives--and resulting fallout--was her decision.
Soon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Soon For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2010, 07:06 AM   #44
torchiegirl

How Do You Identify?:
femme

Thanked 1,605 Times in 545 Posts
torchiegirl Has the BEST Reputationtorchiegirl Has the BEST Reputationtorchiegirl Has the BEST Reputationtorchiegirl Has the BEST Reputationtorchiegirl Has the BEST Reputationtorchiegirl Has the BEST Reputationtorchiegirl Has the BEST Reputationtorchiegirl Has the BEST Reputationtorchiegirl Has the BEST Reputationtorchiegirl Has the BEST Reputationtorchiegirl Has the BEST Reputation

fifteen minutes of fame has certainly been acheived
torchiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to torchiegirl For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2010, 07:59 AM   #45
Words

How Do You Identify?:
Queer femme submissive
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 4,261 Times in 677 Posts
Words Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST Reputation

http://www.closeronline.co.uk/RealLi...y-to-72st.aspx

This woman is selfish. She obviously cares way more about getting her rocks off -which, to me, seems to be what it's all about - than she does about spending time with her children, and given the fact that she already has health issues directly related to her weight, she obviously doesn't care a shit about their future.

As to the working to pay for her food excuse, - I don't care how many hours a day she 'has' to work, the simple truth is that she obviously enjoys doing it rather than spending time with her daughter as otherwise, she wouldn't be doing what she's doing and wouldn't be relying on poor old Phillipe to 'do the things she can't' - what about the cost of her medical treatment, past and present, who's been paying/going to be paying for that? Again, she doesn't seem to care.

So, would I take her kid/s away from her? In a heartbeat. Womyn the world over have no choice but to work long hours in order to support their families. This woman works long hours simply because she wants to get her name in a record book and be famous, even if doing so means depriving her children of a mother? Please.

Words
Words is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Words For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2010, 08:27 AM   #46
Daywalker

How Do You Identify?:
Hippy

Thanked 11,917 Times in 2,700 Posts
Daywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
Choosing. This is the point for me. My partner has MS, it is not a choice. I think if I ponder this long enough, it is going to feel like deliberate child neglect to me, which of course does have consequences.

And in my mind, there is no correlation between a consensual D/s relationship OR getting a chronic, debilitating disease, and CHOOSING to debilitate yourself. Frankly, I feel kind of offended at the insinuation, since I live with and love someone who doesn't have a choice.

And also, unfortunately, most people who acquire MS or other illnesses, often do not have the funds to just hire a fucking nanny or a housekeeper and in some cases, they can't even afford the medical care they need, and this woman, if she is "successful" is going to need some of that too.
Thank You Juney.

And how did this situation begin to be compared with MS?

I'm not really sure how to feel about this.

I did not choose MS, however I take it on with gusto as I feel it was given
to me because perhaps someone else could not handle it. It is my Gift.
This woman is making a conscious choice to gain weight, has a goal...to
reach. I gained 12 pounds since last month, not because I had a goal...but
because the MS is giving me a hard time along with Raynauds now, and my
mobility has been effected. Her mobility is already effected, and she plans
to make it even harder to do the things I consider myself lucky to do.

So the comparison with this thread
topic and MS has me befuddled this morning.

I shall marinate on this a bit over coffee.

Old 03-19-2010, 08:34 AM   #47
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,619 Times in 3,976 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

I was the one who brought up MS. And I brought it up to illustrate there were OTHER reasons why people would not be able to tend to their children, yet that does not make them bad parents. In no way do I compare MS with her being a Gainer. Hers is by choice. MS comes as it does.

I laid in bed last night and thought about her. I thought about how selfish of a person she is for putting her business/pleasure ahead of her children. And then i realized she is a work aholic as well...she cannot escape from her means of work..her web site. She has to condition her body to be fat all the time...

then I thought...no. No. NO! There is something very disturbing about her ...as disturbing as that woman who gave birth to 12 children. They are both using their children to demonstrate they are good people. If not for the kids, would we not turn our faces and look away? She NEEDS those kids to keep our focus on her...its another string for her to pull, another manipulation...
The Following User Says Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2010, 08:38 AM   #48
Leigh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, etc
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 13,026 Times in 4,786 Posts
Leigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST Reputation

I am very glad to see that everyone is having a discussion about this, and that so far everyone has been pretty respectful of one another even if we disagree on certain points. What really hurts Me in this case, is that she is consciously choosing to put her own health in danger in order to achieve a record that really should not be something to aim for. She is clearly, at some point, not going to be able to care for her kids and if your going to put your own needs before the needs of your kids then why do you even have them?

I'm not meaning to make anyone upset here and I apologize if anything I say hits a chord with anyone, but I guess I just don't get how she could think of only herself and not her kids. If she wanted to chase some kind of a record in Guiness, why not wait until your kids are older and moved out before you begin something that will surely kill you long before its your time. Its sad really that she is doing this to herself and her family, and even if it is her choice I personally don't agree with it but thats just Me
Leigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Leigh For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2010, 08:39 AM   #49
Bit

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Relationship Status:
married to Gryph

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,264 Posts
Bit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
And also, unfortunately, most people who acquire MS or other illnesses, often do not have the funds to just hire a fucking nanny or a housekeeper.....
And yet we do not take their children away.

My parents unofficially adopted the son of my mother's best friend when he was still in grade school, because her friend's MS had progressed to the point that she was not able to care for all ten of her children.

No one EVER tried to take the children away. It would have been unconscionable.

Gemme said, "So, anyone who has the money should just hire a nanny and not have that one on one quality time with their children?"

*puzzled look* What is quality time? How do we define it? Is one required to dress a child for school in order to have quality time? Is one required to cook for that child to have quality time? What if one spends the time they have reading to a child, or helping a child with their spelling, or any of a hundred other things which show love but do not require physical activity?

Believe me, I remember the times my mother read to me WAY more fondly than the times she went shrieking and slamming through the house doing housework, and by kindergarten we were all perfectly capable of taking our own baths and dressing ourselves.

As for whether this particular woman has a choice in the matter, it's pretty normal for people to get up to a couple hundred pounds, maybe a little more--you know, for a woman, size 2x is a VERY common size.

She weighs three times that. How did she get there? Surely she has the same hormonal imbalances that plague anyone who weighs three or four hundred pounds, right? Nobody gets that big just by eating; your hormones have to be out of whack for that kind of weight.

Seriously, by the time a person weighs five or six hundred pounds, what can they do for a living? Does this woman truly have the life choices that people are ascribing to her?

Maybe she does; maybe I'm seeing it wrong. But in this day and age when child protection agencies are failing to rescue children who are beaten every day, children who are the victims of incest, children who are used for sex with strangers so their parents can get more drugs--all parental choices!--in this day and age when the system utterly fails those who need it the very most, why are we focused on this woman?

I have a very uncomfortable feeling that it's because she's visible. I have a very uncomfortable feeling that it's because she's trespassing on our culture's strongly-held stereotypes of proper womanhood, proper motherhood.

We do not actually know that her children are or will be unhappy or neglected in any way.
Bit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bit For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2010, 08:48 AM   #50
NJFemmie

How Do You Identify?:
The original lime-twisted femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
I answer to most things, especially lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Still loving my Mare ;)

3 Highscores

Thanked 11,425 Times in 2,978 Posts
NJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST Reputation

I've always felt that once you have children, your life isn't 'just' yours anymore. Your children come first.

With that being said, I really don't think I have to say anymore.

NJFemmie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to NJFemmie For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2010, 08:54 AM   #51
IrishGrrl

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme Leatherdyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
In a relationship/non-monogamous

Thanked 1,209 Times in 366 Posts
IrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST Reputation

I find it interesting that the people who dont see how destructive this is for the children, are people who dont HAVE children.

(non judgy..just an observation)
IrishGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 08:56 AM   #52
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,871 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

I've been kinda mulling this thing over in my head for a couple of days.
I think the place that I keep coming back to is centered somewhere around the whole "what about the children" thing.

Let me caveat what Im about to say with "I dont have kids for a reason":

I hear a lot of people bringing up the discussion point that this woman should be able to do whatever she wants but that it's the children's well-being that is the "but, but, but..." in this scenario. The idea that the woman can't do what she wants because she must put her children's needs above her own. The idea that it is "selfish" of her to focus on herself so wholly when she has children.

Im not at all saying I dont agree with this because I do think that bringing a child into this world is not something that people can do without responsibility. I think that children aren't able to take care of themselves (for the most part) and that parents have a responsibility to make good decisions around their health and well-being.

My itchy spot is the culture of "Motherhood" that states that getting pregnant and having a child must change the focus of the woman's life. I think I'm feeling something around all of those automaton-ish Soccer Mom's who whisk their kids from one recital to the next, bust their ass to be the "perfect Mom", but somehow lose themselves along the way.
I think that on some level society expects that or, as Bit said, you really run the risk as a Mother of being seen as an in improper Mother.
I think about a lot of Moms I have known who had kids and I didn't recognize them a year later. They no longer took care of themselves, they stopped doing their hobbies, their entire lives became focused on keeping the child healthy and happy...and somewhere in all of that chaos, the Mother forgot to keep *herself* healthy and so the child turned out to be an ill-behaved, spoiled little asshole that nobody could stand to be around.

(can you tell I don't do kids?) :P

I also wonder if this were a Man, if anyone would be asking about *his* children's well-being.

I can put aside my irritation over the fat=unhealthy thing for the sake of this discussion because I, too, agree that at 1000 pounds (even 600) that this woman's mobility is (as written in the article) severely limited. I imagine she might also have some weight-related joint issues either now or at some point.
Im thinking that she is buying into some fetishization around fat too. I looked at 3 of her websites and it looks like she participates in the feeder/gainer community and fat-love communities pretty heavily.

More thoughts in a bit..
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2010, 08:57 AM   #53
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

Soon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST Reputation
Default Responding to underlined portions: (using Words' provided link)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bit View Post
And yet we do not take their children away.

My parents unofficially adopted the son of my mother's best friend when he was still in grade school, because her friend's MS had progressed to the point that she was not able to care for all ten of her children.

No one EVER tried to take the children away. It would have been unconscionable.

Gemme said, "So, anyone who has the money should just hire a nanny and not have that one on one quality time with their children?"

*puzzled look* What is quality time? How do we define it? Is one required to dress a child for school in order to have quality time? Is one required to cook for that child to have quality time? What if one spends the time they have reading to a child, or helping a child with their spelling, or any of a hundred other things which show love but do not require physical activity?

Believe me, I remember the times my mother read to me WAY more fondly than the times she went shrieking and slamming through the house doing housework, and by kindergarten we were all perfectly capable of taking our own baths and dressing ourselves.

As for whether this particular woman has a choice in the matter, it's pretty normal for people to get up to a couple hundred pounds, maybe a little more--you know, for a woman, size 2x is a VERY common size.

She weighs three times that. How did she get there? Surely she has the same hormonal imbalances that plague anyone who weighs three or four hundred pounds, right? Nobody gets that big just by eating; your hormones have to be out of whack for that kind of weight.

Seriously, by the time a person weighs five or six hundred pounds, what can they do for a living? Does this woman truly have the life choices that people are ascribing to her?

Maybe she does; maybe I'm seeing it wrong. But in this day and age when child protection agencies are failing to rescue children who are beaten every day, children who are the victims of incest, children who are used for sex with strangers so their parents can get more drugs--all parental choices!--in this day and age when the system utterly fails those who need it the very most, why are we focused on this woman?

I have a very uncomfortable feeling that it's because she's visible. I have a very uncomfortable feeling that it's because she's trespassing on our culture's strongly-held stereotypes of proper womanhood, proper motherhood.

We do not actually know that her children are or will be unhappy or neglected in any way.

How did she get where she is/was?

At the age of 24 Donna married Robert Simpson, a chef who encouraged her eating by bringing home leftovers from work to feed her. “He’d come home with steak and desserts,” she recalls. “He liked me supersized.”
For the first time ever she went on a diet, urged on by her father who was concerned for her health, and lost 5st in six months.

But she soon lapsed when she met fat-lover Philippe Gouamba, 47, in an online chat room for oversized women in 2006. “When I ate enough for five people on our first date, it really impressed him,” says Donna, from New Jersey, USA. Philippe, who counts watching his girlfriend eat as one of his favourite hobbies, says: “I’ve always been attracted to big women, but Donna is my fantasy. The more she weighs, the sexier she is.”

How she is planning to get to her target weight (1000 lbs.):

“My food costs £400 a week,” says Donna. “In a typical day I’ll eat four burgers and fries, a loaf of bread with peanut butter and jam, four servings of meatloaf and mashed potato, a large pizza, a chocolate cake with ice cream and cream, 12 cupcakes, two cheesecakes and fizzy drinks.

--------

Her health problems (and their effects on her children):

To reach her target, ex-carer Donna, who already suffers from diabetes and high-blood pressure, needs to gain another 27st and predicts it will take her until 2012 at her current weight gain of 7st a year.

Although doctors had said her 38st frame would make it almost impossible to conceive, Donna fell pregnant within three months of dating Phillipe. But she developed diabetes and high-blood pressure during pregnancy and needed a team of 19 doctors and nurses to get through the high-risk Caesarean birth.

When baby Jacqueline was born weighing 8lbs 14oz in February 2007, Donna became the world’s fattest woman to give birth – the previous largest had weighed 34st. But she admits she struggles to care for her daughter, as she can barely walk 20ft without needing to sit down. “It’s difficult keeping up with Jacqueline, but we’re very closely bonded,” says Donna. “Fortunately, anything I can’t do with her, her dad can, so I don’t feel guilty.”
Old 03-19-2010, 09:00 AM   #54
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

Default I find it destructive to herself and her children:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishGrrl View Post
I find it interesting that the people who dont see how destructive this is for the children, are people who dont HAVE children.

(non judgy..just an observation)
I don't have children.
Old 03-19-2010, 09:04 AM   #55
Daywalker

How Do You Identify?:
Hippy

Thanked 11,917 Times in 2,700 Posts
Daywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by softness View Post
I was the one who brought up MS. And I brought it up to illustrate there were OTHER reasons why people would not be able to tend to their children, yet that does not make them bad parents. In no way do I compare MS with her being a Gainer. Hers is by choice. MS comes as it does.

I laid in bed last night and thought about her. I thought about how selfish of a person she is for putting her business/pleasure ahead of her children. And then i realized she is a work aholic as well...she cannot escape from her means of work..her web site. She has to condition her body to be fat all the time...

then I thought...no. No. NO! There is something very disturbing about her ...as disturbing as that woman who gave birth to 12 children. They are both using their children to demonstrate they are good people. If not for the kids, would we not turn our faces and look away? She NEEDS those kids to keep our focus on her...its another string for her to pull, another manipulation...
People with MS can and do have and raise and tend to their children.

Old 03-19-2010, 09:07 AM   #56
christie

How Do You Identify?:
A Force with which to be reckoned
Preferred Pronoun?:
just be nice...
Relationship Status:
I call her Mine

Thanked 2,476 Times in 706 Posts
christie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputation

[QUOTE=Bit;69864]why are we focused on this woman?

Bit, I snipped you post for brevity as this is the part that I wanted to respond to -

I think we are focused on "this woman" because she chose to put her quest for 1000lbs and her means of income (her websites) in the public eye.

My feelings about how she is instilling, what will most likely become, habits and ideas around food that her children will feel is "normal" and only led to what are commonly known health issues related to morbid obesity.

I feel as a mother, it is my responsibility to teach my son certain things; after all, I am his primary reference point or "barometer" in how to move through the world. I try to teach him that relationships aren't disposable and that they are about love AND commitment. I try to teach him to embrace diversity in ALL things - people, music, politics, religion, et al. I also try to teach him about moderation and healthy eating habits.

I know that he also learns less from my words and more from my actions - and is likely to mimic the behaviors he sees.

From that perspective, I don't care how many outside sources her children have for healthy living. I believe they will take more from her behaviors than from any external influence.

I always feel if someone puts something out in public, its fair game for discussion, opinions, comments and, at times, judgement and criticisms based on the "me" barometer of right/wrong/appropriate/inappropriate/healthy/nonhealthy.

From that me barometer, I just think she is being selfish and unfair to her children.
Christie
christie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to christie For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2010, 09:08 AM   #57
Leigh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, etc
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 13,026 Times in 4,786 Posts
Leigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowSoonIsNow
How is she planning to get to her target weight (1000 lbs.):

“My food costs £400 a week,” says Donna. “In a typical day I’ll eat four burgers and fries, a loaf of bread with peanut butter and jam, four servings of meatloaf and mashed potato, a large pizza, a chocolate cake with ice cream and cream, 12 cupcakes, two cheesecakes and fizzy drinks.

Now I know that I'm not the healthiest eater in the world, and I often eat too much, but just thinking that one person could eat this much in a typical day makes Me sick (I mean physically nauseated)

How can you eat that much in one day, seriously?
Leigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 09:09 AM   #58
christie

How Do You Identify?:
A Force with which to be reckoned
Preferred Pronoun?:
just be nice...
Relationship Status:
I call her Mine

Thanked 2,476 Times in 706 Posts
christie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
I also wonder if this were a Man, if anyone would be asking about *his* children's well-being.
I would like to think we would, especially if he were the custodial parent.
christie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to christie For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2010, 09:11 AM   #59
LadyFlamezzz

How Do You Identify?:
Femme who lives with A DayWalker
Preferred Pronoun?:
who cares just yell for Mrs Day
Relationship Status:
Very attached

LadyFlamezzz Has the BEST ReputationLadyFlamezzz Has the BEST ReputationLadyFlamezzz Has the BEST ReputationLadyFlamezzz Has the BEST ReputationLadyFlamezzz Has the BEST ReputationLadyFlamezzz Has the BEST ReputationLadyFlamezzz Has the BEST ReputationLadyFlamezzz Has the BEST ReputationLadyFlamezzz Has the BEST ReputationLadyFlamezzz Has the BEST ReputationLadyFlamezzz Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalker View Post
Thank You Juney.

And how did this situation begin to be compared with MS?

I'm not really sure how to feel about this.

I did not choose MS, however I take it on with gusto as I feel it was given
to me because perhaps someone else could not handle it. It is my Gift.
This woman is making a conscious choice to gain weight, has a goal...to
reach. I gained 12 pounds since last month, not because I had a goal...but
because the MS is giving me a hard time along with Raynauds now, and my
mobility has been effected. Her mobility is already effected, and she plans
to make it even harder to do the things I consider myself lucky to do.

So the comparison with this thread
topic and MS has me befuddled this morning.

I shall marinate on this a bit over coffee.

there is No comparison baybee!

LadyFlamezzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 09:13 AM   #60
IrishGrrl

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme Leatherdyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
In a relationship/non-monogamous

Thanked 1,209 Times in 366 Posts
IrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST Reputation

And if these men think being that large is sexy, why dont THEY gain the weight?

I feel like this is just one more way woman are trying to look a certain way for a man. It makes me sick. Starving yourself to the detriment of your health is just as horrible.
IrishGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to IrishGrrl For This Useful Post: