Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 06-27-2013, 06:37 PM   #381
Cowboi

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Holding My Red Circle

1 Highscore

Thanked 3,962 Times in 1,230 Posts
Cowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST Reputation

Today was back day..
Old 06-29-2013, 01:34 PM   #382
Chancie

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme-inist
Relationship Status:
I'm lucky.

1 Highscore

Thanked 14,354 Times in 2,670 Posts
Chancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up

School ended for the summer about ten days ago and

I joined the Y and

I registered for water fitness classes.

Since Monday, June 24,

I have taken four water fitness classes, Zumba, and

I tried a cockamamie step abs weight lifting class.

Various parts of my body are sore as hell, but

I feel great.

Chancie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chancie For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2013, 11:21 AM   #383
alexri

How Do You Identify?:
-

Thanked 2,799 Times in 468 Posts
alexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputation

Decisions decisions. I am looking at switching gyms.

I used to belong to the YMCA years ago but I left it because the fees were just getting to be way too much. It was just too expensive- $49.00 a month for a single person in my area for the Y. While I can use any branch, one of the many things that did turn me off was the pool schedules for adult swims. I basically had either 5 in the morning, or 8 at night. Any classes I had an interest in were at really odd hours too.

I am currently at World Gym which $14.95 a month with no annual fees, no contract. It has limited cardio equipment, it's relatively clean, it does have classes (I never go/have no interest), and it's close to work, so I can shower there before heading to the office. I just don't feel like I am progressing at my current gym. It is 60% weights, which is nice, but even that equipment is a little worn (outdated stuff, torn pads/seats, etc).

I am looking at a Gold's Gym. It has more awesome cardio equipment (stuff I miss from the overpriced ymca), huge bathrooms with changing rooms, and is just as close to work, but it's a suckier drive to and from home (more traffic, greater odds of delays), and it's $29.95 a month w/ a $49.00 annual fee. I can use a sister gym that is relatively close to home. All the cardio equipment have TVs. They also have a spinning room you can go into at any time. At the Gold's the trainers will help you out on the floor; at my current gym you have to pay extra for training.

I had looked at the Planet Fitness near my work, but I am turned off by the lack of changing rooms/stalls in the bathroom. It's just two showers and the open locker space. I do not want to change in front of anyone.

Lots of pros/cons to weigh.
alexri is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to alexri For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2013, 11:49 AM   #384
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Today i'm takeing a day off from working out,it has been a couple of weeks that In have worked out four or five days a week along with any where from three to five miles a day on the bike then the ellipitical.My right knne is getting stiffer as the days go by from the top of my calf to the middle of my thigh going up the right side of my right leg,I have iced and used heet packs a lot,it dosent hurt much when I ride but after an hour after I am done...so finaly I felt I needed to rest it.Funny thing I can walk with little pain it's just when I sit or get up the pain hits or whaen I laydown to sleep...no telling how much stress I put on the dam thing but I need my cardio.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2013, 02:22 PM   #385
Mopsie

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female ones
Relationship Status:
Single

1 Highscore

Thanked 8,586 Times in 1,857 Posts
Mopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST Reputation

Happy 4th of July everyone!

For me today is Race Day!

I signed up to do a virtual 5k to raise money for Medals4Mettle. (Swagtasticrace.com) Since I am a VERY recently reformed couch potato I have decided to do the race over the course of three visits to the gym. Today I did 1.1 miles (5k = 3.106 miles). It took me 41 minutes 32 seconds and my legs feel like jello but I DID IT!

Mopsie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mopsie For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2013, 03:21 PM   #386
alexri

How Do You Identify?:
-

Thanked 2,799 Times in 468 Posts
alexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopsie View Post

I signed up to do a virtual 5k to raise money for Medals4Mettle. (Swagtasticrace.com) Since I am a VERY recently reformed couch potato I have decided to do the race over the course of three visits to the gym. Today I did 1.1 miles (5k = 3.106 miles). It took me 41 minutes 32 seconds and my legs feel like jello but I DID IT!

You are off to a great start! Good job!
alexri is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to alexri For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2013, 06:31 PM   #387
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Today was a fantastic gym day! Though the day got off to a late start, we wound up spending about two hours there. One hour for cardio and one hour for circuit training. I did a little bit of everything but not enough that I'll be super sore tomorrow. Just enough to remind the muscles where they were and that they were supposed to work a little better than they do.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2013, 06:39 PM   #388
Ts_kaijira

How Do You Identify?:
Tommi's Kaijira
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
tied up

Ts_kaijira Has the BEST ReputationTs_kaijira Has the BEST ReputationTs_kaijira Has the BEST ReputationTs_kaijira Has the BEST ReputationTs_kaijira Has the BEST ReputationTs_kaijira Has the BEST ReputationTs_kaijira Has the BEST ReputationTs_kaijira Has the BEST ReputationTs_kaijira Has the BEST ReputationTs_kaijira Has the BEST ReputationTs_kaijira Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Exercise today

Spent with Tommi. 'Nuff said.

kaijira
Old 07-04-2013, 08:22 PM   #389
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,719 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

Live from our small Manhattan living room: BB and I danced together in our underclothes to Katy Perry's song "Firework." It was more exhilarating than one might expect.

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2013, 10:14 PM   #390
Gráinne

How Do You Identify?:
Neither, nada, out of the box
Preferred Pronoun?:
My name always works
Relationship Status:
Happy whatever happens

Thanked 7,246 Times in 1,416 Posts
Gráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST Reputation

I know I can't beat romance or dancing, but I had a 30 minute walk around the complex. This summer, evenings have been so cool, unlike a typical Arkansas summer, so I get out for "me" time.
Old 07-04-2013, 10:46 PM   #391
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

I find I couldn't just not do some kind of activity today so I apent a couple of hours doing some play time with the fur kids.First we played catch and chase till nither of us could breath from all the jumpin,runing and pitching balls or kicking king sise tennis balls playing soccer.When I could finaly catch my breath I shot hoops for quite a while.not the same exersises but still got the heart rate up and then sweated a lot...the fur kids had a ball to.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2013, 07:16 AM   #392
Daktari

Today has been about cycling as transport rather than fun 8miles is an easily managed distance - even with a pesky slow puncture!..this coupled with an easy coupla miles walking doing 'errands' will be adequate action today.

Cycling and, as it transpires, walking for shorter distances of under 3 miles-ish, for daily transport is my preferred way of maintaining twig-ness (The Space Cadet has always called me a 'twiglet' )

I'm crap at self motivation to do activities purely for exercise purposes but transport as exercise is somehow easy. Go figure!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2013, 08:56 AM   #393
o222Good

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Married

o222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

Still cycling my carbs and lifting, but I have added
the one thing missing from the equation:
Cardio!
I bought a heart monitor and rejoined a gym for
the summer. My goal is to stay in my fat burning zone.
Starting slow with
treadmill 3.1 mph for twenty minutes
elliptical 3.5 mph for ten minutes
bike 12+ mph at level 10 for ten minutes
I will increase the overall time to an hour.
So far, this is an every day workout, and I DO
BELIEVE it's working!
o222Good is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to o222Good For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2013, 05:37 PM   #394
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I spent an hour on the treadmill walking a hill program at level 3. I wanted to take it easy today. Tomorrow's going to be a toughy and I didn't want to go into it tender from today.

The gym was nearly deserted, as it was close to closing time on a Saturday afternoon. It was nice to not have the music blaring so loud. I didn't have to turn the volume on my MP3 player up once!

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2013, 05:59 PM   #395
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,719 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

I can identify with your experience tonight, Gemme. The gym I go to was wonderfully empty. I even was able to fart out loud twice while doing yoga without anyone in hearing distance! What a luxury! Combine a Saturday night with it being a holiday weekend in NYC during the summer, and you've got only me and Jill there, on our own private missions. First I did an hour and forty minutes on my favorite Arc Trainer (similar to the elliptical), interval program, highest level. I watched the reality show Long Island Princesses. Then I did 50 minutes of abs, yoga, and weight lifting. When I am not doing cardio, I like to exercise in total silence save for the rich resonance of a fart of my own.

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2013, 06:12 PM   #396
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfembbw View Post
I can identify with your experience tonight, Gemme. The gym I go to was wonderfully empty. I even was able to fart out loud twice while doing yoga without anyone in hearing distance! What a luxury! Combine a Saturday night with it being a holiday weekend in NYC during the summer, and you've got only me and Jill there, on our own private missions. First I did an hour and forty minutes on my favorite Arc Trainer (similar to the elliptical), interval program, highest level. I watched the reality show Long Island Princesses. Then I did 50 minutes of abs, yoga, and weight lifting. When I am not doing cardio, I like to exercise in total silence save for the rich resonance of a fart of my own.
Bwahahahaha...I'm not a yogi but I have that issue too when I stretch sometimes. Hey, it's natural and we do it an average of 16 times a day!

Luckily, when it usually happens during a workout I'm on the treadmill and the music is really loud so I don't get many looks.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2013, 08:18 PM   #397
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

For whatever reason I have crashed and am out of energy.I know my right knee is bugginbg me then so is my tail bone from to much bike rideing,not far from hear we have bike trailes that are nearly obstical corses so I have been rideing on the easyer parts of it as it is more chalengeing than a normal bike trail..the crash is bogging me cause all I want to do is sleep in the bed or recliner i'm out like a light.At the moment I have a vertago thing makeing me feel like I have a good buzz on fro to much to drink so I am doing the rotational exersises I did last tile...getting older is a bitch...but if I dont keep moveing I shurly will turn into a slug.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2013, 03:28 PM   #398
Mopsie

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female ones
Relationship Status:
Single

1 Highscore

Thanked 8,586 Times in 1,857 Posts
Mopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST Reputation

I worked a lot Friday and Saturday (32 hours) and I was too tired to go to the gym.

I went this afternoon and had a really lovely time. There were a few people there but it wasn't very crowded. And there is some sort of surfing competition on the TV. So if I scrunched my eyes just so it was like I was walking on an air conditioned beach in Fiji.

Today's time = 1 mile in 40 minutes and 45 seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopsie View Post

Mopsie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mopsie For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2013, 05:39 PM   #399
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Awesome workout today!

I got oodles of sleep last night and it really showed. I had more stamina and my interval runs were longer and less stressful on my system. 45 minutes of treadmill followed by about 30-40 minutes of circuit training.

Booyah!

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2013, 05:52 PM   #400
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I haven't been in here much because frankly my exercise is the same every day which doesn't really lend itself to daily reporting. I'm going to begin a new workout program either mid August or 1 September that will involve me trying to gain some lean muscle. Before I can do that, I have to drop a few pounds of fat tissue that I picked up over the last few months as a direct result of just plain eating more than I needed.

So, yesterday I embarked on some changes to drop this bit of fat before moving onto the next phase. I have increased my slow cardio distance by about 35% and am dropping about 200 – 300 cal per day off of my intake. Basically, I'm staying on the beach until I'm about ready to drop. Right now that equals 9 – 10 miles per day.

I have been shopping gyms the last couple of months. It has been about three years since I used a gym and that last time I only went for a couple of months because it just wasn't the right place for me then. I really want to go someplace that has a decent pool. When I was touring facilities I made an interesting discovery. I thought my only phobia was going to be getting into a pool (can't swim), but I discovered a whole new one.

This one is mostly for the butchs, although any input is welcome. Throughout my life when I have used gyms it would seem that I have never needed to use the locker room. I guess I always just showed up in workout attire and then would go home afterwards. Is it just me? Or are locker rooms sort of like a public restroom experience except an order of magnitude worse? When checking out places I wanted to check out the locker rooms too, I know that if I'm going to try swimming this will involve showers and honestly I am quite modest. I was wanting to see if the showers were private. They either aren't or are only semi-at best. Whole other level of freak out for me, and apparently other patrons also.

This is really weird because I live in a very friendly and accepting community. I can only think that because they are sitting around nekkid and only see me for a quick second the 'sir' affect must kick in and make them uncomfortable.

I know this probably sounds odd to other people but I am really quite uncomfortable showing myself under any circumstances and this ain't gonna to make it any easier. I bought the swimsuit that covers down to my knees and elbows, and up to the neck. It's the business of getting in an out of it and showering that has me trippin'.

I will have to get over it obviously, but was wondering if anyone else has this problem. (I know lots of folks have some modesty issues, what I'm really asking about is the "you're in the wrong place fella" effect)

Last edited by Kelt; 07-07-2013 at 05:55 PM. Reason: Clarity
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:

Tags
exercise, weights