Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 05-16-2014, 05:43 AM   #1401
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candelion View Post
Couldn't sleep. Got up and jumped rope for 24 minutes.
Front planks: 57 sec. hold
Right side plank: 46 sec. hold
Left side plank: 40 sec. hold

Might as well have coffee. I couldn't be more wired.
57 seconds, 46 seconds? Why not round numbers? Quite Interesting!

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2014, 07:30 AM   #1402
Candelion

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her/you
Relationship Status:
He can till my field.

Thanked 4,035 Times in 897 Posts
Candelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
57 seconds, 46 seconds? Why not round numbers? Quite Interesting!
Being a tad ocd, these times concern me as well. But I collapse when I collapse.
Candelion is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Candelion For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2014, 07:39 AM   #1403
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,791 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Today should be my flex day off and I do need it-physically and mentally.

I say should because I am going into work to make up some hours.

Got to do it.

I do feel very fortunate that I have such a great boss that allows flexibility.

I just wish that I could have taken it easy today.

Since D has not gotten a job ( she is thinking of retiring if one does not manifest in the next couple of months); she went to the Pacific Northwest to spend some time with her best butch friend of 40+ years for a week. I am happy for her to get to do this. They scheduled this over a month ago and D bought her plane tickets, etc.

As much as I love her, I am glad that she went. She really needed this and any time she can get some camping in (ooh dirt, sleeping in a sleeping bag with my fucked up back-even on an air mattress or whatever you call them-, no shower, etc. ooh no)
without me-that's a great thing.

It will still be hot today but the temperature will start to drop.

I know I have blabbed a lot this week It has been a tough one for me. I appreciate and enjoy reading everyone's posts and I always appreciate your comments on my posts...

Stay cool, or warm, or dry; depending on where you reside in our world.

Have a great day Z's.

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2014, 08:38 AM   #1404
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,791 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Anya* View Post
Today should be my flex day off and I do need it-physically and mentally.

I say should because I am going into work to make up some hours.

Got to do it.

I do feel very fortunate that I have such a great boss that allows flexibility.

I just wish that I could have taken it easy today.

Since D has not gotten a job ( she is thinking of retiring if one does not manifest in the next couple of months); she went to the Pacific Northwest to spend some time with her best butch friend of 40+ years for a week. I am happy for her to get to do this. They scheduled this over a month ago and D bought her plane tickets, etc.

As much as I love her, I am glad that she went. She really needed this and any time she can get some camping in (ooh dirt, sleeping in a sleeping bag with my fucked up back-even on an air mattress or whatever you call them-, no shower, etc. ooh no)
without me-that's a great thing.

It will still be hot today but the temperature will start to drop.

I know I have blabbed a lot this week It has been a tough one for me. I appreciate and enjoy reading everyone's posts and I always appreciate your comments on my posts...

Stay cool, or warm, or dry; depending on where you reside in our world.

Have a great day Z's.
Yep, I need a day off.

So sorry!

Clearly I meant to post it in the thread! I can't even fathom how I did not notice it was the wrong thread.

I just thought it didn't save.

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2014, 12:10 PM   #1405
ProfPacker

How Do You Identify?:
butch/MOC
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy/hym/hys but in circumstances like work and some other places she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 4,816 Times in 1,187 Posts
ProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST Reputation

Working off unexpected feelings this week, 1 hour on elliptical and about 1 hour on abs, arms, legs combined. Feel like new.
ProfPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ProfPacker For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2014, 12:22 PM   #1406
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I had an excellent workout this morning, despite having to drag myself into work at midnight and then again at 7am.

65 minutes on T33 using the random program, starting at level 3 and then bumping it up halfway through the workout. I wound up at level 12 and had a few running intervals between 6.0 and 7.0 mph.

Final stats: 447 calories, 3.84 miles

I felt good, really good, at the end of the workout. Sometimes that's the best reward.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2014, 12:34 PM   #1407
Daktari

The usual travelling by bicycle everywhere is all I'm doing.

Meditation is bringing forth a feeling seemingly even better than the endorphin high of exercise
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2014, 04:00 PM   #1408
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daktari View Post
The usual travelling by bicycle everywhere is all I'm doing.

Meditation is bringing forth a feeling seemingly even better than the endorphin high of exercise
I think the usual "all you do" is a fantastic example I wish we could all follow. This is one of the best ways to stay (or get) in shape.
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2014, 04:15 PM   #1409
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Today "Pain in the Ass" was enough to make me dial back for a day. This is the third therefore most painful day of new exercise for me and I am thinking it should be better tomorrow. I tested everything for 10 reps and was a total fail at holding form. Doing it wrong is a bad idea right now while learning.

I did manage the regular 3 miles on sand and saw some of the regulars. Two guys, Eric and Hermon ((sp?) pronounced hair-moan) were doing their daily drill and I really admire it both for the high quality workout they get but also the community service they provide.

These guys come out every day with their big starbucks cups and trash bags in hand. They go the full length of the beach doing their warm-up by picking up litter. This gives them a couple miles worth of toe touches, lunges front and back, lots of sidestep action, and a range of surfaces from hard to soft while walking quickly. Then they toss it and turn around to run/jog most of the way back and finish the last bit up as a series of wind-sprints to the end and round out with calithetics. On the weekends they come out with a football or a soccer ball and run while tossing or kicking it back and forth. They are in fantastic shape and really help keep the beach clean. I really admire the heck out of them.

Bonus points: They both appear to be in their early 50's

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2014, 05:05 PM   #1410
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,310 Times in 2,057 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

The ideal situation, in my opinion, is when exercise isn't something you add on to your life, but something that is woven into it.

Like Daktari riding a bike everywhere.

Or those guys picking up trash on the beach.

I guess that's what the deal was, when we were hunters/gatherers.

There are all kinds of tricks for building exercise into your life.

Some people in NYC get off the train one stop early, so build in some walking to their commute.

Some watch their cable series shows while they're on the exercycle (me

Some have physical jobs, where they walk a lot of lift and carry things.

I don't where I'm going with this. Just thinking out loud.
Old 05-16-2014, 09:18 PM   #1411
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Fiery, Sassy, Tough As Nails, Femme Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
I am your favorite hello and hardest goodbye.

Thanked 12,108 Times in 3,757 Posts
Kenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST Reputation
Default struggling with chronic pain...

After another night and morning of nerve pain and muscle weakness, I managed to tend the garden...making sure the storms didn't damage anything...spead straw down to walk between garden rows...fed the chickens after carefully walking the trail to their cage...did dishes (this is exercise for me because I can shift weight on my legs and stretch)...played with my sweet furbaby...and prepared an awesome homecooked meal (exercise from chopping a bunch of cabbage and pittering around the huge kitchen)...walked around grocery store ...carried bags in and put stuff away in big pantry...

I don't feel very accomplished but at least I got something done besides letting my muscles lock up more.
Kenna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kenna For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2014, 02:59 AM   #1412
Daktari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelt View Post
I think the usual "all you do" is a fantastic example I wish we could all follow. This is one of the best ways to stay (or get) in shape.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger View Post
The ideal situation, in my opinion, is when exercise isn't something you add on to your life, but something that is woven into it.

Like Daktari riding a bike everywhere.

Or those guys picking up trash on the beach.

I guess that's what the deal was, when we were hunters/gatherers.

There are all kinds of tricks for building exercise into your life.

Some people in NYC get off the train one stop early, so build in some walking to their commute.

Some watch their cable series shows while they're on the exercycle (me

Some have physical jobs, where they walk a lot of lift and carry things.

I don't where I'm going with this. Just thinking out loud.

Cheers mate!
Me an example of good practice...well that's a new one!

It's the only way I can do it. I can't abide gyms with their sweaty, recycled air....I worked in one in my youth. I also can't bring myself to pay for an indoor space to do something that I can do outside for free.

I'm lucky in that I live in a country where using a bicycle as my daily transport is easily achievable; even if at times it's a wee bit skeery on dual carriage-ways and/or busy roads.

Being out in the fresh air is vital for me; Often, making sure I don't put music, a book or the radio on my ipod. I like the meditative nature of exercise in silence and in the fresh air. I also like to pray...to a god of my own understanding...which can make the experience quite 'spiritual'...I know that's not for everyone but it works for me.

I'm going to miss cycling anywhere today because I'm off to a dykey wedding and will be hither & thither all day and dancing at the céilidh tonight if there's any puff left in the old poof's lungs
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2014, 08:01 AM   #1413
Chancie

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme-inist
Relationship Status:
I'm lucky.

1 Highscore

Thanked 14,354 Times in 2,670 Posts
Chancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up

I did eight pull ups and 12 dips at 22% of my body weight.

I did 12 leg presses at 100% of my body weight.
Chancie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chancie For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2014, 04:25 PM   #1414
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I skipped my workout this morning in lieu of a little more sleep and because I was still tense from my near miss yesterday but I plan on rocking it tomorrow morning. Tomorrow's my last day off. Sad day.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2014, 09:16 AM   #1415
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Member Photo Albums

More like what was my experience yesterday, since I forgot.

Yesterday was better with some of the worst soreness over so I did the usual beach walk and most of my PT. One thing I discovered on last visit was that I was doing something wrong. Everytime they add 3-4 exercises, okay. Kind of boring and long but ya know... Well it turns out I don't have to. She said I should only do 6 resistance and 3 balancing exercises a day. That was good news.

Have I mentioned that my physio is smokin' hot?

This morning I was doing the ones I have to use a mirror for and it felt really wrong. So, I remembered my trusty video trick and set up my phone for a side view of what I was doing while having to look forward. I'm doing it right. I still think I want a form review next Wed, something does not feel right in there, I'm sure there is some little tweak I need. I am grateful that I am able to keep going and getting checked. It makes a lot of difference at times like this.

Alright, there is a -1.2 uber low tide in 90 minutes and it is a beautiful morning so I am going to hustle my sore ass out there and see what sea critters I can find.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2014, 11:11 AM   #1416
Daktari

Default Yesterday...

Walked to the Bride Stones from the road toting full camera kit as far as I could without expiring from lack of oxygen, whereupon a couple of lovely folks lent helping hands.

Bounced around all day and night being 'official photographer' of the rather alternative 'pop up' wedding.

Today my thighs are aching like billy-o...walking muscles are different to cycling muscles.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2014, 11:45 AM   #1417
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Good workout today! I had one simple goal and that was to best my last workout. Goal: accomplished.

T33 and I hit the random program again, starting at level 3 and eventually working our way up to level 15. I had a few running intervals between 6.0-7.0 mph but nothing crazy. I bumped up the incline levels regularly so it was mostly a hiking workout.

Stats: 472 calories, 3.72 miles, 65 minutes

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2014, 02:30 PM   #1418
Candelion

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her/you
Relationship Status:
He can till my field.

Thanked 4,035 Times in 897 Posts
Candelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

The trails were beautiful today. I ran 19.67 km (let's make that 20 km for Dapper ).

I came home and replenished with an iced cappuccino. Yes, you bet that's real whipped cream. And yes, I believe that is a shoelace on my kitchen table.

Since it's a long weekend, I'm pretty sure there's a few barbeque parties that need crashing. So long and I hope everyone is having a great day!
Candelion is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Candelion For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2014, 03:22 PM   #1419
traumaqueen

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
that grrl
Relationship Status:
happily occupied and awfully engaged.

traumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputation

I managed to get in a 3 mile run this morning with the dogs, the trails around our house are equal parts mud and knee high snow in parts... pretty messy fun!

We had a great hike on Saturday doing a 12 mile return hike to the summit of Humboldt Peak. First 14k summit of the season! It's a pretty easy 14er hike/climb with about a 5k foot elevation gain.

I'm in between terms at school for the next few weeks... so I'm trying to seize the opportunity! We're going do a backpacking trip this weekend...question is, where to? It'll have to be some uber secret, undisclosed location since Memorial day definitely kicks off the summer camping season and other people tend to ruin my view of nature.
Old 05-19-2014, 03:25 PM   #1420
Cowboi

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Holding My Red Circle

1 Highscore

Thanked 3,962 Times in 1,230 Posts
Cowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST Reputation

5150 Somebody call the PoPo. I just committed DELT homicide!!!!

Tags
exercise, weights